AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-19, 21:39   Link #941
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

I seriously laughed out loud when that crane popped out and punched the spaceship thing in the stomach area.
RegalStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 21:43   Link #942
Rei.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep11:
Well yeah that's definitely not the most interesting part of the show, but it's not like they could just keep postponing that kind of stuff again and again. Had to be dealt with eventually, or it might have seemed a bit shallow to just leave it hanging. I actually think it was a smart move to do it in this ep so they can focus on wrapping up more relevant stuff in the last one (hopefully).
This and also stuff regarding Remon - I really hope they address it to some extent at least, cause so far her character is nothing more than a plot device that's always there at the right time with the right solution.
Rei.K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 22:09   Link #943
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

GG Kanna. Only hope she has is if Ichika never returns, but considering the title of the anime, that ain't gonna happen.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 22:21   Link #944
leokiko

It actually makes sense. The other unathorized aliens may have passed knowledge to the natives, bumping the ''rank'' of the planet. It is still weird, but it has a bit of logic, and for a show focused on the characters instead of the world, that is enough.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 23:15   Link #945
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rei.K View Post
but it's not like they could just keep postponing that kind of stuff again and again. Had to be dealt with eventually, or it might have seemed a bit shallow to just leave it hanging.
And that's one reason I liked Twins over Teacher.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 23:33   Link #946
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

well, it could be that Lemon's the one whom the aliens passed their knowledge unto or maybe something else related to the aliens.

I have a hunch that Lemon made contact with those aliens long before.

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 23:42   Link #947
leokiko

There were actually a few hints that Remon knew a lot more than she is hiding.

1 - She is actually an alien of some sort and ages slowly. She made contact with a few people(like Tetsurou's sister) and had some reason for making the film right from the start and being involved with Ichika.

2 - She is actually just a troll, and an really smart girl that catches on really quickly to everything that happens.

Last edited by leokiko; 2012-03-20 at 00:03.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 23:53   Link #948
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Horie Yui as Emika - this show actually gets better? Yuzu and Mayu together again.

“You’ll be sorry in three years!” Drink your milk, Kanna – fight on!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 01:42   Link #949
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

Well the episode was okay, not as enjoyable as ep 9 and 10 though. Subs are out too. I havent read the past posts here so i might state something that has been said already.

- Remon(Lemon) = Ichigo(Strawberry). She already had that vibe ever since the start of the series. The show might throw a curve ball and say that the series happens a decade after the events of the first two Onegai series and that the "certain location" is where Mizuho first arrived (they said the location was limited to the area around Nagano, and Onegai Teacher's setting is in Lake Kizaki, which is in Nagano), which might explain the advance age of Remon despite looking young (standstill anyone?) as well as her implied knowledge about the existence of aliens.

- Most probably Ichika will leave the planet but Earth will be upgraded from F-class due to what they will find in that location. This should also conform to the series title which implies that someone has to wait (Kai, pretty much)

- Following that train of thought, maybe the time lapse will be 3 years, and by then Mio and Tetsuro are a couple already(see the "lets watch a movie" flag?) while Kai is still waiting. And I sense a foreshadowing by Kanna's "I'll make you regret to death in 3 years" and turns into someting smexy after 3 years(bigger bust, longer hair? lets go), which neutralizes the fact that she ends up with nobody in the series. Mmmmm

- Finally, I hope the original couple (Kei and Mizuho) can make a cameo, even for a split second, for nostalgia's sake
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 02:24   Link #950
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
- Finally, I hope the original couple (Kei and Mizuho) can make a cameo, even for a split second, for nostalgia's sake
was thinking that she was the alien they were going to find. after all both Onegai Teacher/ Twins and Ano Natsu were written by Yōsuke Kuroda and i do remember a slight cameo by Marie the AI in the form of a doll earlier in the series. So a cameo by the Onegai Teacher couple would be very possible.
Old 2012-03-20, 05:33   Link #951
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

egh! awesome episode... Emika onee-san and Remon are the best!!!! They devise the plan very carefully....
I think Remon is an alien... or maybe a clone from other planet.... ah! she is still too mysterious
Mio-Tetsuro already confirmed!! yay!!

and for Kanna, indeed! Kaito will be sorry in next 3 years

so.. we're just F class planet in universe...

Last edited by ~Yami~; 2012-03-20 at 08:19.
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 06:29   Link #952
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
Well the episode was okay, not as enjoyable as ep 9 and 10 though. Subs are out too. I havent read the past posts here so i might state something that has been said already.

- Remon(Lemon) = Ichigo(Strawberry). She already had that vibe ever since the start of the series. The show might throw a curve ball and say that the series happens a decade after the events of the first two Onegai series and that the "certain location" is where Mizuho first arrived (they said the location was limited to the area around Nagano, and Onegai Teacher's setting is in Lake Kizaki, which is in Nagano), which might explain the advance age of Remon despite looking young (standstill anyone?) as well as her implied knowledge about the existence of aliens.

- Most probably Ichika will leave the planet but Earth will be upgraded from F-class due to what they will find in that location. This should also conform to the series title which implies that someone has to wait (Kai, pretty much)

- Following that train of thought, maybe the time lapse will be 3 years, and by then Mio and Tetsuro are a couple already(see the "lets watch a movie" flag?) while Kai is still waiting. And I sense a foreshadowing by Kanna's "I'll make you regret to death in 3 years" and turns into someting smexy after 3 years(bigger bust, longer hair? lets go), which neutralizes the fact that she ends up with nobody in the series. Mmmmm

Someone told me the same idea. But certainly Earth is already an F class planet since Mizuho's dad was from Earth and Mizuho and her family seems to be able to visit Earth without much fuss. But then again this might be a plot hole or Mizuho and Ichika comes from different planets that falls under different jurisdiction.

Anyways dammit next week can't come fast enough for me!
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 07:17   Link #953
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I think this show would've been a lot better without the alien stuff...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 09:34   Link #954
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Whoohoo Ichika neechan But she has no glasses er wait, that's another pink hair for Yui Horie?

Maybe Papakiki's Raika really is an alien, Yui Horie sounds just about right

Something, something maybe me really LOL Out Loud, and that was.... why are we earthlings always the lesser civilization out there? When was the last time we were stomping around the galaxy and taking names?

Gotta hand it to Lemon-chan, she's like this season's #1 support character troll How did she find Emika up top? Gotta be some Extra Sensory Equipment XD

And I had a big laugh when Mio and Tetsuro held Rinon hostage, I didn't know it could work like that And to be honest, I think things were introduced as well as they should have, like Rinon unable to teleport to the location due to a planet-wide firewall, personally I don't have a problem with ep 11, other than...gotta wait a week for the last ep. Oh well, at least I don't have to wait a whole summer like the gang

Lemon and her multiple drivers licenses, lawl such a thing is possible. How old she is, maybe isn't so much the question but rather isn't there a height limit? Granted we never got a good view if she was booster seated, but lol, she sure has driving skills for such a tiny girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvance View Post
Anyway, did anyone else felt happy for Mio? I hope the invitation to the movie is just the beginning.
Oh yeah, I'm happy. At first I thought it was rather cheap of him to ask that at that time, but then rather than timing, I thought that it was an indirect promise that they'll make it out alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think this show would've been a lot better without the alien stuff...
Wha, then this series would be just another romance out there. How would Ichika transfer in? She's British? surely we all knew what we were getting into, and honestly, I like how this series is ending, in exactly the way it started: all because of that place, that.... blue, clean place. Water, trees, wow for once Earth really is special
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 09:51   Link #955
hoshino_crimsonwings

Lemon is just obviously "Men in Black" as she kept saying she was. No joke.
Old 2012-03-20, 14:05   Link #956
ookamigirl

Ichika's sister makes an appearance..
Well... I expected she'd have to go home eventually.
It's a shame since things fell into place so nicely for her & Kaito finally..
It was nice watching everyone united not to let her leave!
Great episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 16:40   Link #957
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings View Post
I think so too. I am just wondering, if she has some secret agenda, such as trying to find the other aliens, or if she is really trying to help. In case the latter is true, then she is not particularly dedicated to her job.
warita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 01:38   Link #958
cyth
Banned

Aww yeah, aliens! Nah, Lemon isn't a troll and certainly not an alien. She's one of those magical negros that knows everything and everyone, so she probably knows the early pilgrims, folks like Mizuho from Onegai Teacher. Schematics of the lake's vicinity definitely resemble those of lake Kisaki from Onegai Teacher. I'm certain it's the same lake. Oh, I can already imagine Kaito and Kei meeting each other. Can you guys imagine the WTFness on their faces?

As for space policy stuff, I love it! Sekai-kei stories are usually about the world on the brink of destruction as a consequence of a relationship, but this ... The world is getting a promotion because of the relationship. Awesome!
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 02:03   Link #959
Kakkou
Tch.

Come oooonnn writers, make Lemon = Strawberry true! You're so close! Screw the Men In Black scenario, just bring in direct Teacher references with the subtlety of a sledgehammer. I wouldn't mind seeing Kei and Mizuho in Tatsuyuki Nagai's art style.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 02:13   Link #960
Akarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings View Post
Maybe she was just kidding when she said that. If MIB does exist and Remon is a (Wo)man in Black agent, then earth is not in the F stage of development.

Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romantic comedy, shounen