AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-06, 13:44   Link #261
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Oh, my!

I just hope that the silver-haired Moka becomes like Hellsing's Alucard, imperially kicking butt in the most monstrous manner possible.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 13:50   Link #262
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

*Watches episode 1* AAAAAAAAND dropped! Will pick up the manga once Franky House releases a few more chapters though. I don't need excessive fan service to enjoy a story. *Glares at Dragonaut*
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 14:05   Link #263
LolitaDecay
Kotomi Fangirl~

Send a message via MSN to LolitaDecay
Just finished watching episode 1.
Really enjoyed it actually, I like Moka and she's a vampire so even bigger bonus!
Got quite annoyed at the fact she always needs to have her pants showing...but I guess I'm going to have to get used to that because I'm certainly carrying on with this series!
Old 2008-01-06, 14:17   Link #264
changeup

I have some serious issues with the character design... The male protagonist looks a replica of Itou Makoto ... the way he is speaking and his personality do not help, either.

Well, hope he can perform better than Makoto, and he'd better do so, since obviously all the girls in this series will be way more powerful than those in SD (not saying Kotonoha and Sekai are not, but...)
changeup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 14:34   Link #265
jedinat

I didn't like the first episode much. The manga was okay in a light and silly sort of way, but the anime adaption really drives home Tsukune as an annoying protagonist. The low budget feel of it doesn't help things, and the way they added a transformation sequence for Moka really just killed it. (and they got her true vamp self all wrong imho)

And what the hell was with Moka being soaked in that monster's drool? Did they really need to add her getting all licked up by that guy? It doesn't really bode well for the future (with that werewolf guy, etc... I don't like the main girls getting "sullied" lol)
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 14:39   Link #266
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
I have some serious issues with the character design... The male protagonist looks a replica of Itou Makoto ... the way he is speaking and his personality do not help, either.

Well, hope he can perform better than Makoto, and he'd better do so, since obviously all the girls in this series will be way more powerful than those in SD (not saying Kotonoha and Sekai are not, but...)
I'm sry but I don't quite see where the comparison with Itou Makoto comes from, but then sure enough most male protagonists take a very similar look.
Altho Makoto was a ass, Tsukune just comes across as a....well I'll just say wuss for time being.

and you can't honestly compare the lovely lasses here to them in SD, but if you want to, think I would have to place my bet on the girls here
Old 2008-01-06, 15:08   Link #267
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Enjoyed Mizuki Nana. Enjoyed her character and the sparkly sequences. Wasn't bothered by the fanservice, excessive and beside the point as it was. Have my doubts about the rest. Theoretically, the situation seemed interesting, but the first bad guy was a bit of a dud for me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 15:43   Link #268
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
*Watches episode 1* AAAAAAAAND dropped! Will pick up the manga once Franky House releases a few more chapters though. I don't need excessive fan service to enjoy a story. *Glares at Dragonaut*
Honestly after watching the first episode of Rosario + Panties + Vampire (Yes that's my new name for it), I'm heavily leaning towards dropping it myself and most likely will.. Yeah it's only one episode, but well I've dropped other series such as Dragonaut after one episode. Ah well at least some other series turned out to be have more interesting first episodes.
Old 2008-01-06, 16:31   Link #269
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

It has a interesting concept along with decent (not really needed, but you don't see me complaining) fanservice, especially with how good looking Moka is. I'm still rather confused as to why everyone can't tell Tsukune is a human, though i guess there's plenty of time for the show to come across that issue --- i'm looking forward to more of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Tsukune just comes across as a....well I'll just say wuss for time being.
Seeing as how he just entered a school full of monsters, i'd say his reaction was quite the expected one. I don't understand why he'd be called a wuss.
Old 2008-01-06, 16:40   Link #270
KickHopper
[Never Give Up]
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to KickHopper Send a message via MSN to KickHopper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'm still rather confused as to why everyone can't tell Tsukune is a human, though i guess there's plenty of time for the show to come across that issue --- i'm looking forward to more of this.
Its probably because they don't seem to be looking for humans at their school since the teacher said that every human that somehow gets into the yokai world would be killed immediately and the fact that they all have to stay in their human forms.

[R.I.P Lisa Chung : A Truly Remarkable Person.]
KickHopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 16:51   Link #271
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

I don't see why people all calling the vamp Moka 'dark' because she isnt really. Sure she has a bit of an attitude problem and ego, but she isnt all that 'dark'.

After reading the manga i tend to lean towards that being her real personality, but because she's two powerful it's sealed away with the rosary.

For those thinking Aono is a wuss, come one guys, he's a human in a monster school. I think i'd 'wuss out' if i was confronted with those lol. That said, if anyone wants to know what he's like later on, let me know and i'll drop you a PM. Wont post it here since it's a manga spoiler, but things arent always what they seem

Finally those dropping the show and going to read the manga, your in for a shock. The manga has equal amounts of fanservice to the anime. 5 vols and 2 chapters of vol6 have been scanlated so far, out of 10.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 18:14   Link #272
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Trust me , Aono stops being a wuss eventually in the manga( not that i would call him a wuss in the first place, come on give the guy some slack).
The Rosairo vampire manga concluded in vol 10. with the author writing a new sequel following vol 10 released per chapter on a monthly basis. Currently there are 10 volumes and two chapters from the sequel.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 18:32   Link #273
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
I don't see why people all calling the vamp Moka 'dark' because she isnt really. Sure she has a bit of an attitude problem and ego, but she isnt all that 'dark'.
You are thinking too much on this. Usually what someone mean by "dark" is the fact that her personality is well..."darker" than her normal one. She is badass and hence is worthy of the title - besides it is much easier to differentiate the two mokas that way
Tsukune is a wuss but put yourself in his shoes...I sure won't be standing still when seeing a beefed up monster ready to lay a smackdown on me that is ofc something he will have to get use to if he decides to stay so I can only see him getting stronger (mentally).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 19:04   Link #274
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

@Deathkillz

Thats of course assumjing he is himself a real human

I don't see how a human could accidently be accepted to the school, and i find it highly suspect the way his dad found the papers. The manga hasnt been scanlated that far, so i cant be sure. But the entire thing is weird IMO. Course it could be a total freak accident, and it would be a novel twist, but i just dont get that impression.
Old 2008-01-06, 19:34   Link #275
longshot

[QUOTE=Thats of course assumjing he is himself a real human

I don't see how a human could accidently be accepted to the school, and i find it highly suspect the way his dad found the papers. The manga hasnt been scanlated that far, so i cant be sure. But the entire thing is weird IMO. Course it could be a total freak accident, and it would be a novel twist, but i just dont get that impression.[/QUOTE]

hmm well i wonder now could tsukune just be an experiment by the school?? i mean their suppose to get along with humans an well now they have one in their mists. It just seems a bit odd that well it looks like a big test if tsukune survives all the way to graduate then the students pass the "get along test" if not well idk anymore
longshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 19:50   Link #276
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin View Post
and i find it highly suspect the way his dad found the papers.
The way the humor was displayed in the first episode, i thought nothing of it --- though with that said, i'm fully open and ready for a plot twist such as Tsukune being a monster.
Old 2008-01-06, 19:54   Link #277
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would like to remind people that this is the anime discussion thread, thus any manga information must be posted under spoiler tags.
Old 2008-01-06, 20:02   Link #278
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

He could be a trial run, but the way they went about it makes me think he's either a monster, or has some sort of ties in his heritage to monsters.

I mean, a priest just happens to drop enrolment papers in front of a dad whose son just happens to have flunked his exams and dosent have a school to go to. That screams conspiracy to me >.<

If it is confirmed as a 13 ep series i think i'll drop it, since there'll be so much cut from it. This is one of those where they really should take their time and do it right. But i'm betting it will be a 13 e series, like ninomiya was
Old 2008-01-06, 20:07   Link #279
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I don't need excessive fan service to enjoy a story. *Glares at Dragonaut*
The problem with that comparision is, that Dragonauts is trying to be a serious show (which makes the insane boobage look stupid and out of place), while V+R does not make any pretense at being anything but a silly, ecchi, comedy anime. Certainly, that's not everyone's cup of tea and if you don't like it that's fine, but it would be as silly to complain about too much fanservice in a series like this as it would be to complain about too much mecha action in a Gundam series.

Anyone coming into this series expecting not to see fanserivice just wasn't doing their homework. It's all over the manga,
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 20:16   Link #280
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well reason I say wuss is cause I can't really think of another word so I'll go with whats easy to describe him with atm. Like I said before thats just what he comes across as for time being.

I've just got this huge urge to just spoil the story so far but can't do that as it would bring down the wraith of the anime gods here at AS on me and don't really want that to happen

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire