2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.50%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 1.25%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-17, 18:07   Link #141
Eagles
Char clone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Actually Kira had a bit of development in GSD. By the end of GS, he was *still* a wishy-washy crybaby. Freedom did NOT make him Mr. Godmode. They still lost at the first battle of Orb even with the Justice there and Kira still had Freedom hit hard up in space when he went nutso over Flay and then by Rau.

In GSD, Kira was far more resolute and a far more commanding and leading presence, essentially going from the resident ace to basically Archangel's commander on the front lines. And all the while he was still that same civilian pilot up until the VERY end of GSD at which point Cagalli gave him that brigadier general tag just so he could go and do his own thing without needing to worry about military protocol since the Archangel also got signed onto the military (ALSO at the very end of GSD).

Kira underwent changes the whole time, but people missed that for all of the OMFG KIRA'S IMBA HAX GODMODE NERF PLZ KTHX BAI.

As for Wing, they worked in Zechs's backstory quite a bit, Trowa never had a backstory, Duo and Heero got theirs in Endless Waltz, and Wufei was all over the place. Oh, and Quatre was developed completely in GW.
Kira may have changed between GS and GSD, but he was completely static throughout Destiny. Kira did not undergo changes the whole time, his character didn't change at all once he got the Freedom, and again, he was completely static throughout Destiny. Crying over Flay dying isn't development, it's showing emotion. And in Destiny, whether he was flying around attacking both sides of a conflict, or leading a charge against Zaft, his character was still the same.

As for the backstory of GW, I was talking about Episode Zero which never got animated (but was supposed to put in instead of the recap episodes we got). I don't believe Endless Waltz ever showed us Duo's rather tragic past, which in turn is meant show us that Duo isn't simply upbeat, but he is actually covering up his emotional scars with his happy attitude. And we never got Wufei's backstory, which shows us more tragedy in the form of Wufei's wife dying in order to save him, which in turn caused Wufei to make an oath to change the world. But without this backstory, Wufei just comes off as some woman-hating jerk, rather than someone who simply doesn't want anymore women to die on the battefield. Ofcourse theres also Quattro who actually had a good amount of development in his backstory, or Trowa, who's actually Catherine's brother who she thought died.

We did however get enough of a backstory for Zechs and Heero, but alot of characters suffered from the lack of one, which 00 has done a good job in avoiding.

And while you can argue that we did get eventually did get the backstories in the form of Episode Zero, it came out after both Wing and Endless Waltz had aired, and even then most people who've seen Wing have skipped it.
Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 18:30   Link #142
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Actually Kira had a bit of development in GSD...

In GSD, Kira was far more resolute and a far more commanding and leading presence, essentially going from the resident ace to basically Archangel's commander on the front lines. And all the while he was still that same civilian pilot up until the VERY end of GSD at which point Cagalli gave him that brigadier general tag just so he could go and do his own thing without needing to worry about military protocol since the Archangel also got signed onto the military (ALSO at the very end of GSD).

Kira underwent changes the whole time, but people missed that for all of the OMFG KIRA'S IMBA HAX GODMODE NERF PLZ KTHX BAI.
Whenever the director has to retcon facial expressions in the Special Edition episodes because even he and his staff noticed how static Kira had become, all you have left is whistling past graveyards...
Old 2008-04-17, 19:25   Link #143
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Eagles and wingdarkness beat me to the punch.
Old 2008-04-18, 00:04   Link #144
4Tran

Since when was this thread about Seed or Wing?
Old 2008-04-18, 06:25   Link #145
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Since the beginning of the airing, whenever Gundam 00 is mentioned, you'll see Gundam Wing & Gundam Seed follow.
Old 2008-04-19, 08:15   Link #146
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Since when was this thread about Seed or Wing?
Because for some reason some people seem to think this series is based off of Gundam Wing and then you also have the people who need to compare it to Gundam Seed and argue which is better.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 22:28   Link #147
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Whenever the director has to retcon facial expressions in the Special Edition episodes because even he and his staff noticed how static Kira had become, all you have left is whistling past graveyards...
WTF SRSLY?

Wow...come on...at least have the balls to stand by your decisions, Fuckuda -_-...

My god...

No retconning will save your hideous reused animation, and no amount of retconning will replace the fact that Shinn was a garbage character beyond hope of saving since he was a bigger whiner than Saucegay.
Old 2008-04-20, 01:33   Link #148
WhiteWings

To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Old 2008-04-20, 11:23   Link #149
Terra

Can we get back to Gundam 00 and off of anything Seed related?
Old 2008-04-21, 10:44   Link #150
subiedubidoo
the condemmer

i dont know...i really didnt like this gundam 00...i mean it was well ok in the true essence of gundam but still lacked something(i relly cant say what that is) but i really dont think it was even close to that of seed or my all time fav gundam wing.

over all i think it sould get like a 6 or 7 out of 10...but thats just me
subiedubidoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 00:34   Link #151
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I haven't finished 00 at this point, I would probably get down to watching it after DVDs have been released or something, but so far as an AU series it did pretty good. My Gundam 00 marathon was interrupted by being very busy with work (@.@;; ), but I managed to watch up to at least either episode 21 of it. I could still say that even if it was way more decent than its predecessors, it's still quite lacking at some point (especially "LOL I AM SETSUNA F. SEIEI GUNDAM MEISTER LOL").

While good intentioned, the circumstances that led to that point were a bit awkward and felt a little forced, just as it felt just...obligatory. I would like to point out that in those instances, the way wherein Setsuna and Marina could've met would be not as organized as one would like it...heck, there's a war going on and at that point a lot of anti CB/anti CB "posers"/fanatics/etc. were making it more difficult such that an ordinary meeting would make it even more out of place. The meeting could've been perfect, but how Setsuna revealed his identity could've at least been worked on a little bit more.

I liked how the CB was presented...for once, we have real pilots who couldn't even use the power of Gundam in order to actually inject much more sense into why they are untouchable, etc. Once the world powers learned about them, they really went their way and actually thought of plans that would net them Gundams and even were able to fight off against them SUCCESSFULLY. Mizushima wasn't one who was afraid how Sergei's attempted Gundam raep could affect the Exia sales, or how Graham Kick + Special could affect Dynames sales, and so on and so forth. It's as if, the previous Gundam shows were afraid to touch or even scratch Gundanium/whatever CE Gundam armor is called Gundam armor. Mizushima actually has the guts to try dragging Gundam names in mud, getting them destroyed, and even forcing some of the pilots to die or go MIA. Now the Gundam could be called as just another ordinary MS at this point, but the obligatory powerup...LOL. well, at least it had sense. When the Gundams were thrashed enough, Mizushima called upon the power of the obligatory powerup...only to be thrashed again. it just proves that even obligatory plot armor isn't haxxors FTW once you get them...something could still go wrong at some point. Mizushima actually made Gundam protagonists HUMAN~~~!!!

And the villains....what...this is the first time I ever rooted for villains wholeheartedly, and not just because I hate how the protagonists end up becoming VERY untouchable. I love Graham, Billy, Sergei, Soma...even
Spoiler:
I felt very sad when
Spoiler:
, and how
Spoiler:
. It really shows how some of these characters were very developed, the point of characterizing them as either villain or protagonist has become very blurred and pointless. The Trinity siblings did receive the Extended treatment in some way, but Nena was a cool character...because of her actions, she became one of Gundam 00's more memorable psychotic characters to be hated. Not exactly strong characterization at this point, but it's a start I guess. Marina, Shirin, Wan Ryuumin...they each had their small spots within the story, but probably they would have bigger roles in season 2, and this is just a warmup for them. Sumeragi and the bridge bunnies...even if they weren't shown every episode that much, they still had significant character growth, even if it's small or infinitesimal, or whatever. All otehr side characters...wow, Mizushima actually gave thought to each of them in some way.

And the Meisters. XD I love all of them so much, especially Setsuna and Allelujah and Tieria, during the ending episodes. Lockon is still very special, but these characters were developed to a point that they are now quite comparable with Lockon in some way, lol. XD yeah, the Lockon fangirl in me. But I really appreciated how Setsuna and company really grew as characters.

Overall, I will give this 9/10 (until I finally conclude it with the DVDs lol). Well done Mizushima. You have truly become an Tomino.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 08:34   Link #152
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
that's a new part of my sig.

@demongod86 and cagalli was a?

@sniper wow that's probably that 150th mizushima = tomino statement I've heard since episode 23.

@shinj103 they beat me to it too.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 01:58   Link #153
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

I would have liked to see Dynames do more Ground to Orbit attacks in the first season. Now that Lock On is out of the picture it probably won't happen.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 04:13   Link #154
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
I would have liked to see Dynames do more Ground to Orbit attacks in the first season. Now that Lock On is out of the picture it probably won't happen.
Lyle? Maybe, just maybe he'll join CB.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 08:09   Link #155
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
The problem is, we don't know as of yet what Lyle can do....;_____;

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 14:53   Link #156
ShilienKnight

Send a message via ICQ to ShilienKnight
i just finished watching it,i wount go praising it,i gave 9of10,but can some1 clear some things for me,cuz i wount take that long till secod season,so here goes:
Spoiler for sum things:

if some1 can answer at least half to those q,u would save my life
ShilienKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 15:07   Link #157
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Yes the Flag pilot survived and now has a mask...

Yes Ali the mercenary also survived, if you watch ep 23 again you'll see that only Ali's lower half really got blown up...

The man/woman in the elevator with Louise may or may not be Tieria..The director has dodged answering the question, but the credits list the character as someone named Regene...

Yes Gundam 0 and Gundam 00 did appear in the end and they were discussing whether or not Exia's drive will fit in the new Gundam 00 since the 0's drive doesn't fit...

Consider your life spared...
Old 2008-04-27, 15:13   Link #158
ShilienKnight

ahh u saved me.but wtf,this means all meisters are dead only villains survived?this is not fair,i hope that was teria in the lift :/ and doesnt gundam 0 look familiar?
Old 2008-04-27, 18:30   Link #159
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShilienKnight View Post
ahh u saved me.but wtf,this means all meisters are dead only villains survived?this is not fair,i hope that was teria in the lift :/ and doesnt gundam 0 look familiar?
Well there is no evidence of them being dead so we could make a assumption that they are alive. From what I seen Gundam 0 looks like the MKII from Zeta.
Old 2008-04-28, 09:11   Link #160
ShilienKnight

anyways,this was the best gundam series ever,at least to me,cant wait till next season