AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-03-25, 12:31   Link #8741
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

I got something in the works for a ViVid story and a new OC but I also have a couple of reports due for class in the next two weeks or so so it's going to have to go on the back burner for now. Assuming it ever comes off again, give it three weeks or so and I'll have a new character profile and possibly a chapter ready for review. In the meantime, here's something for the haxxbusters to chew on.

Spoiler for Rare Skill: Elemental Alignment:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-26, 15:32   Link #8742
Melodius Trueheart
Der Erbe zu Altem Belka

i haven't posted in this thread for so long but i don't think that has any problems not being hax. Good god, can't use non-elemental abilities? I can't even think how such a mage would be particularly useful, and you can say "lol no" to any sort of combat versatility.

Outer. Fucking. Cadia.
Melodius Trueheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-27, 00:43   Link #8743
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I think the point is to make one that's unuseful for either comedic or masochistic purposes.

You know, like how some hardcore RPG fans will play intentionally weak or disadvantaged characters...
Old 2010-03-27, 00:49   Link #8744
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodius Trueheart View Post
i haven't posted in this thread for so long but i don't think that has any problems not being hax. Good god, can't use non-elemental abilities? I can't even think how such a mage would be particularly useful, and you can say "lol no" to any sort of combat versatility.
You might be surprised. Most of Fate's spells are lightning-element and she's plenty versatile.

Main reason I came up with this is because I'm toying with the idea of a ViVid/Sailor Moon crossover where Vivio screws up a teleportation spell and winds up in Juuban circa the Death Busters arc on a different Earth variant than the one Nanoha hails from. The elemental alignment is supposed to explain the Senshi's elemental magic in Nanoha terms and also give them a bit of a competence boost (Vivio being able to run rings around the Senshi in her sleep might be an accurate assessment of their respective ability levels, but it's not all that interesting to read about). This one might even get written because I'm envisioning it as a "romp" fic, kind of like Seven Village Stomp. No complex plotlines to map out, no new villains with mysterious objectives that take 20 chapters to fulfill... just Vivio running around fighting monsters, pissing off the Outers, making friends with a certain planet-killing social outcast, and maybe saving the world somewhere along the way.

Second reason is for that OC I mentioned, who uses Gravity magic/telekinesis and is intended for another project entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
I think the point is to make one that's unuseful for either comedic or masochistic purposes.

You know, like how some hardcore RPG fans will play intentionally weak or disadvantaged characters...
Sort of. It's more along the lines of Emiya Shirou's "I can't do much, but I've got this one ability I can kick your ass with..." kind of powerset.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 12:56   Link #8745
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Continuing from the Wallachia Chronicles, Blood Angel Arc - Prologue; Depths of Isolation.
-------------------------------------------------

"They said they would conquer the stars.
And so they did.
They said they would conquer dimensions.
And so they did.
They said they would conquer the knowledge of the universe.
And so they did.
There was only one thing they couldn't conquer.
Hell."

The Fallen Angel Prophecy

Spoiler for 1: The Demons Are Her:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-05, 13:14   Link #8746
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Okay, sorry for my last atempt, I alredy fixed this (Thanks to Satashi for saving my butt once again ) Here's official one without typo issues.

The Claw of Aligheri

I report my advice on the investigation on this artifact: at first I tough it could be from the ancient Belkan empire, but my research found out that it was much older than that would allow. This claw seems to be some sort of device; the energy that resides within it is huge. I could tell that the weapon has very powerful destructive abilities, even when its specific abilities are unknown. I have discovered that its energy generates some sort of magnetic pulse towards magic objects, like if it were trying to absorb or assimilate their energy. The purpose? I'm not sure, I'll conduct some more experiments to find out, but I'm afraid I'll be in the need for test subjects. Powerful ones, since none of the psychos or thugs I had used before survived. Perhaps we could use one of those TSBA mages? We could drag them into a trap or something. I need to think about this matter, and see what can I do. I'll also need more money and a better place to conduct my research. This hideout is falling apart! I can't work in these conditions! I'll be thankful if you can respond my message fast since time is most precious to me.

ATTE: Dr. Faust McCrown

Spoiler for Revolution is coming:
Old 2010-04-07, 10:31   Link #8747
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

*inhales*
*exhales*
Ahhh~ OuterCadian air...I missed it...
But...it's lacking something :3

And it's been a while since I posted something, shame on me >_<
So, I'm finally concluding chapter 2 of WindS-B so I can move on to with this 4 chapter "alternate" story.

Spoiler for WindS-B - Chapter 2: Tailwind of Progress - Part 4:

Ok, better cut it in half...before the character count decides to cut it <_<
And yeah...the more I write, the more I'm aware, I'm still awkward at it >_<
I'd probably be better off doing this in comic style...but...that would demand a lot of time, something I have a hard time managing (mostly my fault )

Well, next part coming right up!
Old 2010-04-07, 11:47   Link #8748
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Continuing in 3...2...1...

Spoiler for WindS-B - Chapter 2: Tailwind of Progress - Part 5:

Ooooh~ Foreshadowing~
That's it for Chapter 2...hopefully I'll be able to post part 1 of Chapter 3 soon.

But for now...
Spoiler for Preview of Chapter 3:

Trying out a style of Preview I saw recently in an anime :3

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2010-04-08 at 02:31.
FlameSparkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 22:48   Link #8749
Aaron008R

Ehh...

What's this. Just because I've been gone for a bit in the province the OC thread hardly sees any activity...

HAVE YOU PEOPLE NO SHAME?! WHERE'S THE OC ACTION?!

*stoned to death with sooty pots and kettles*

Well, jokes aside. I haven't been able to read much from here either. No readily available internet over our province. But I do have a little pet project to get back in the groove (or at least attempt to ). But before that...

@FlameSparkZ: Welcome back too! It's been a while since we saw your fics with your awesome drawings. Fuu-chan is CUTE~ . I like Elly as well. It's not often that you see a slightly unreliable onee-chan figure who also doubles as a comic boke partner. *SHOT!*

I'm worried about Maren and Koji, though. Did their contract all those years ago have some sort of long-term bad effect?

Looking forward to more.

~~~~~~

Ooookay! My turn! >:3

With all the interesting stuff having over the MGLN A’s Portable: The Battle of Aces, I’ve been stewing up something in my mind for quite some time now. Thanks to the translation on the pre- and post-battle dialogue over in the A’s game thread, I’ve been able to finalize it.

The end result is this:

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: A’s to StrikerS Portable: FragmentS.

Basically, it’s an OC knock-off based on the A’s game on the PSP. The main point of this idea is to have Nanohaverse (CC and OC) characters face off against ‘Fragments’ or fakes of other characters which are essentially similar to the Dark Pieces in the original game (I’m still not quite done with the premise where a Lost Logia traps several characters in a dimension where Fragments of their personalities break off and are given life as opponents). I found making matchups and the subsequent dialogues/scenarios before and after the fight to be quite entertaining.

It’s also fun to think of on facet of a characters’ personality and bring it to life as a Fragment, embodying a specific character trait or strong emotion of the original. For clearer examples from the original game, we have the Wolkies with versions ranging from before they met Hayate and those that don’t even remember themselves (heck, there was one part where Dark Piece Shamal realized that she wasn’t real in Signum’s route). We also have emo-emo!Fate and the absolutely lovable very childish Dark Peace Hayate (sic). The same concept applies for FragmentS.

Rather than trying to make fight scenes, this method gives a lazy nifty little window for easy character development simply through dialogue. I prefer to imagine this game to play similar to Dissidia: Final Fantasy; complete with the very nicely animated pre-battle cutscenes. It’s more fun imagining them moving rather than floating at one place while the camera just pans around. And like Dissidia, the several routes for the playable characters have overlapping stories with each other.

So far, I have made two scenarios. The first is with Aurion (who goes with the flow and regards the Lost Logia fiasco as an interesting experiment to personally see some of the inner personalities of the other people who got involved) coming across one of Hayate’s Fragments (hilarity ensues) and the second one dealing with Nanoha facing off against Fragment Aurion. I also have a few other scenarios in mind but I’ve yet to type them out. (Next up is a scenario with Fragment Nanoha)

Since the OC Thread is quite inactive right now, I imagine that this should be a quick and easy mini-mini fic activity to help pick up the pace. The sky is the limit with the possible match-ups. Just remember that the characters should be present by the A's to StrikerS (Aces are 15 years old) timeline and that Fragments should have a believable morsel of the base character's personality that may or not be hidden. Well, I hope this will lead to some action here. If you guys decide to give it a shot, have fun!

Here are the two sample scenarios that I've typed up last night. (I followed the format the translators use in the game thread)

Spoiler for Aurion route: Stage 6 (9 stages total): Playful Imagination or Hidden Truth?:

Too much fluff? Sorry. Couldn't help it. >_<

And then...

Spoiler for Nanoha route: Stage 5: Free Will:

More to come later. >:3

P.S.Ooh, yes. One tiny spoiler for some fun ahead is that Fragment Enforcer!Aurion (jyu-nana sai da17 years old) is also available in some game scenarios. I already have Fate and Keroko meeting him in their routes in mind and I’ll type them out later. And also, there is another top secret character that I won’t spoil right now. But suffice to say that this character should be well-known for OC thread veterans (Don’t worry. This character is not H4XX at all.).

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2010-04-13 at 09:46.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-10, 23:29   Link #8750
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You see, even with a doppleganger, Hayaurion still rules supreme.

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-11, 09:48   Link #8751
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

what is this? That is quality Hayaurion from the man himself!

@P.S: lol @ Forever17 Aurion
Old 2010-04-11, 18:48   Link #8752
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

In fact, having a doppleganger means, for that shot period of time, LIMITER OFF!!

*is rocket punched*

And I'm willing to bet that this secret character is Keroko! (Never mind Fragment Nanoha was almost practically Kero... )
Old 2010-04-12, 10:37   Link #8753
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You see, even with a doppleganger, Hayaurion still rules supreme.

*RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNZ*
It's already the awkward father-daughter scenario setting and you people still insist on treating it as a pairing... =_=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
what is this? That is quality Hayaurion from the man himself!
Oyako kankei da!!!:iraira:
(It's a parent-child relationship!!!)

Quote:
@P.S: lol @ Forever17 Aurion
The coincidence was too good to pass up. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
In fact, having a doppleganger means, for that shot period of time, LIMITER OFF!!

*is rocket punched*
*pats his human-sized remote-controlled Mazinger Z*

Rocket Punches aside, if you want your limiter release, do your worst. Just make sure it computes.

I won't mind see imaginations go wild for a bit. I'm beginning to miss some of the madness here.

Quote:
And I'm willing to bet that this secret character is Keroko! (Never mind Fragment Nanoha was almost practically Kero... )
Keroko is a readily selectable character from the start.
This is OC Nanoverse, deshou?

OC Profiles
Old 2010-04-12, 10:44   Link #8754
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

LIMITER OFF on Ecchi-oji-chan!Aurion I meant. And I was describing a perversion of what Aurion is doing... you know, OC-Creator Vision. :3

Haven't got plans for an A's game cameo for Karl apart from a ticklish e-peen... After a quick think, I think it would be pretty boring. Karl at shouta age isn't fond of talking, apart from when people actually talk TO him and uttered short phrases like "commencing intervention" and "mission complete". English version of Gundam Battle Assault with Heero Yuy anyone?

The only spice I can think of is Material-L being totally yan for Karl because he wouldn't look her way.

That means the secret character is... Fragment Almaria?
Old 2010-04-12, 11:18   Link #8755
Aaron008R

Quote:
LIMITER OFF on Ecchi-oji-chan!Aurion I meant. And I was describing a perversion of what Aurion is doing... you know, OC-Creator Vision. :3
I-I see...
Let's not go there. >_>

Quote:
Haven't got plans for an A's game cameo for Karl apart from a ticklish e-peen... After a quick think, I think it would be pretty boring. Karl at shouta age isn't fond of talking, apart from when people actually talk TO him and uttered short phrases like "commencing intervention" and "mission complete". English version of Gundam Battle Assault with Heero Yuy anyone?
Eh, Enforcer!Aurion is rather tight-lipped too.

Quote:
The only spice I can think of is Material-L being totally yan for Karl because he wouldn't look her way.
I approve! XD

Quote:
That means the secret character is... Fragment Almaria?
Who knows~?

Ngufufufu... I won't answer if the guess is correct or not just yet.
Keep the guesses coming.

OC Profiles
Old 2010-04-12, 12:46   Link #8756
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
(Never mind Fragment Nanoha was almost practically Kero... )
Hardly, she's the direct opposite. Calm and nearly emotionless, while Keroko is pretty much emotion incarnate.

Makes me wonder what a Material Keroko would be like... philosophical, maybe? Perhaps the only one of the four to actually question the heroines as to why they should be destroyed.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 12:51   Link #8757
Tormenk

That would make for a nice short. I say give it a shot.

And it took a while to cycle through the OC-list after so long but Aaron wouldn't have Saga in mind would he?

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 12:55   Link #8758
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

My guess is that the character he has in mind has a name that starts with "G" =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 13:12   Link #8759
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Poor Grandis. Shafted in OCT as much as Zafira in Nanocanon.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-12, 15:32   Link #8760
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Alas, it seems I won't be able to make a Noland path, as he doesn't even appear until post StrikerS.

Now, Dark Fragment ver. is possible.

Hmm...

I can work with that.

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content