AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-24, 14:58   Link #2741
chancs

Whenever I read the chapters, as soon as my interest piques up, Woooshhh The chapter ends
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 16:06   Link #2742
Ghanw
(-_-)

^That's the beauty of cliffhangers.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-25, 12:42   Link #2743
Xaturas

So I jumped trough last 2 chapters without relly reading much. Anddddddd still nothing happens, ehh gonna wait for this fight to end to read it all in one go.
Old 2012-11-26, 07:56   Link #2744
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaturas View Post
So I jumped trough last 2 chapters without relly reading much. Anddddddd still nothing happens, ehh gonna wait for this fight to end to read it all in one go.
these last two chapters are really not worth reading. And they should seriously increase the pages
Old 2012-11-26, 13:00   Link #2745
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancs View Post
these last two chapters are really not worth reading. And they should seriously increase the pages
Weekly chapter are always around this number of pages, and the author already struggle to released is 18 weekly pages

And going monthly won't make the chapter 4 times bigger
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-26, 19:38   Link #2746
Ghanw
(-_-)

Also is it just me or is the author losing ideas on how or to keep New waves going cause for some reason Breaker was a bit better, it's not because of shioon being strong though its something else.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 08:58   Link #2747
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This is the problem when you build a story towards a placeholder "awesome shit goes here" point. Far too often this point is somewhere at the edge of infinity. Yeah it might happen, but everything else relevant in the story at that point just screams NOPE; take the whole incident a few chapters back, pretty awesome to see that guy melt, but in the context of the plot at the time that was pretty contrived and random.

Writing wise, it's probably always wiser to have an ending and go for it, but makes starting off everything harder since you have to think where the hell you're going; and moving forward is not easy writing, since given two points, a beginning and an end, you can't simply go too fast or go too slow. On the other hand blind writing is so adequate, especially when manga authors want to keep their jobs for as long as possible.

However blind writing tends to have very severe limitations, mainly what we see most often is we start out with a (very) promising premise and not much else. Korean ones are no exception though they're usually a little more thought out. If we're lucky the premise will last for more then the first chapter, but typically it's spent after the first 24. Longer isn't necessarily better; the more doors you open, the more doors you lock—not that authors seem to be aware of this. "Oh yes, I'm going to have this super martial arts invincible genius in this realistic school setting, and have my story revolve around (believable) politics and intrigue [blah-blah]." As-if you can have all of that in one basket and keep it all together for 300 chapters, tunnel vision is so awesome.

Symptoms that follow after "premise" exhaustion are typically short-story syndrome (got that), then possibly the travel-the-world syndrome (got that), followed by the save-the-universe syndrome (got that too) and eventually, if we're lucky the author will settle on some generic theme like "growing up", "love" or something else (when he gets stuck); in our case all three. Though typically the initial premise will come back from time to time when the author forgets it's not going anywhere (as in these last few chapters). Sometimes you might get some better ideas such as ninja village leader, pirate king, and so on, but if anywhere down the road you get stuck on the "invincible badass" pivot point (ie. Bleach, and The Breaker), it's very likely you'll forget those good ideas (ie. clan leader) and end up with a very wishy washy story spinning in circles where you're side characters are the main focus since the main character will just be sitting on the sidelines 90% of the time waiting for his next powerup (or comic relief moment), or other characters to tell him what to do. Sound familiar? (I won't even go into the whole recycling syndrom, might go over the post limit with that one)

So yes @Ghanw, The Breaker, was a lot better...
Old 2012-11-27, 10:32   Link #2748
chancs

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
This is the problem when you build a story towards a placeholder "awesome shit goes here" point. Far too often this point is somewhere at the edge of infinity. Yeah it might happen, but everything else relevant in the story at that point just screams NOPE; take the whole incident a few chapters back, pretty awesome to see that guy melt, but in the context of the plot at the time that was pretty contrived and random.

Writing wise, it's probably always wiser to have an ending and go for it, but makes starting off everything harder since you have to think where the hell you're going; and moving forward is not easy writing, since given two points, a beginning and an end, you can't simply go too fast or go too slow. On the other hand blind writing is so adequate, especially when manga authors want to keep their jobs for as long as possible.

However blind writing tends to have very severe limitations, mainly what we see most often is we start out with a (very) promising premise and not much else. Korean ones are no exception though they're usually a little more thought out. If we're lucky the premise will last for more then the first chapter, but typically it's spent after the first 24. Longer isn't necessarily better; the more doors you open, the more doors you lock—not that authors seem to be aware of this. "Oh yes, I'm going to have this super martial arts invincible genius in this realistic school setting, and have my story revolve around (believable) politics and intrigue [blah-blah]." As-if you can have all of that in one basket and keep it all together for 300 chapters, tunnel vision is so awesome.

Symptoms that follow after "premise" exhaustion are typically short-story syndrome (got that), then possibly the travel-the-world syndrome (got that), followed by the save-the-universe syndrome (got that too) and eventually, if we're lucky the author will settle on some generic theme like "growing up", "love" or something else (when he gets stuck); in our case all three. Though typically the initial premise will come back from time to time when the author forgets it's not going anywhere (as in these last few chapters). Sometimes you might get some better ideas such as ninja village leader, pirate king, and so on, but if anywhere down the road you get stuck on the "invincible badass" pivot point (ie. Bleach, and The Breaker), it's very likely you'll forget those good ideas (ie. clan leader) and end up with a very wishy washy story spinning in circles where you're side characters are the main focus since the main character will just be sitting on the sidelines 90% of the time waiting for his next powerup (or comic relief moment), or other characters to tell him what to do. Sound familiar? (I won't even go into the whole recycling syndrom, might go over the post limit with that one)

So yes @Ghanw, The Breaker, was a lot better...
But I feel that he stretches the story unnecessarily. Bringing unwanted and 'those will not play an important role in the picture' again and again
Old 2012-11-28, 10:23   Link #2749
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

I personally feel that the author has something big planned for the next arc but is struggling to make the lead up interesting. The recent chapters are merely more than pretty illustrations(which i love) but content wise, it's really sluggish.
Old 2012-11-29, 23:49   Link #2750
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Scans out
So yeah its shioon vs bully round ?? I don't even care at this point
He seems to be able to avoid the blows
This shit is getting boring for me now

Last edited by Richocet; 2012-11-30 at 00:21.
Richocet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:21   Link #2751
Shadow5YA

Oh boy, did Chang Ho just say Nine Arts Dragon? Those are like the magic words to make Shioon angry...
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:21   Link #2752
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I'm kinda sick of the bully and all this BS...and now the bully just magically took the same pill Shioon took...and Shioon just out of the blue starts to worry about the bully and tries to reason with him...

This chapter was very groan inducing...to say the least.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:26   Link #2753
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I'm kinda sick of the bully and all this BS...and now the bully just magically took the same pill Shioon took...and Shioon just out of the blue starts to worry about the bully and tries to reason with him...

This chapter was very groan inducing...to say the least.
Shioon was worried about Changho and them for a while now, it started right after the Elder told him about the pills. Anyway I'm expecting Changho's body to explode like what happened to Shioon after he took the pill and when he first overexerted himself. Especially that it will be way worse since unlike Shioon, he didn't have a master helping his body circulate that ki properly.

That's if it's even the same type of pill, which I highly doubt it is.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:32   Link #2754
Richocet
Lover of Purity

I don't think it has the same high effect as the one that Shioon took
Also this chap seemed cut off abruptly
Old 2012-11-30, 01:02   Link #2755
fullbringbankai

I doubt it's the pill Shioon took most likely it's a new pill made from Shioon's blood
fullbringbankai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 01:32   Link #2756
Johnny
Working the bags...

If Chang-Ho doesn't end up like this guy then I think I'll put this one on the shelf for several months. Like cloak said previously the author does seem to have a path he wants the story to go, but the path is really going off road and mundane at times. Also the cliffhanger after cliffhanger ect ect is getting somewhat annoying to me and shows he still hasn't perfected a good substance chapter that doesn't need a 'and then'...chapter ends...
Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 01:48   Link #2757
tsunade666

ah... this is stupid. I gave up! when will the author do his other work. The one with lightning brat and beautiful enemy though I wish he won't destroy it too like what he did with breaker.

The current chapter is stupid. One acts tough, tries to plan it out but ended up in the gutter. You don't try to reason out on a derange person that you knockout before. That guy is clearly on revenge and you getting goose bump here and try to talk him out. Crazy >_> And they brought all the captains here now and the last and strongest captain screams out of murim here! talk about your typical martial artist shout out.
Old 2012-11-30, 01:53   Link #2758
zibi88

eh so the one who defeated the masters is the guy from streat fighter game.... I wonder what happened to that girl as those two lie down on ground in blood...

so the source of power is "the pill" no need to train hard all you need is a magic pill.... I can already see it that children will take some drugs becouse they belive they will become ultra strong thanks to that...

if the bully doesnt burst in flames becouse of over usage of the pill... I will just lose feith in this series.... shioon was able to hold becouse of teh tech of distribution of ki in whole body

and now shioon doesnt want to use his ki... if he uses it it might break permamently... and thx to that he got his ass kicked (again)...

dont know but this last page might be a trick of the cool guy... he pretends to be hit by moving pack in the last sec so the attack kinda misfires too early and has no body contact with opponent.... kinda like shioon knew he couldnt dodge so he kinda jumped back and it looked like he got hit.... so next chap he stands up and is fine which makes bully wonder what happened...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 02:07   Link #2759
roxassora
High Ranker

Is it just me because when I saw the latest chapter something come to my mind when changho ate the pill that looks like the divine dan and said ^Ladies and gentleman I present to you Shioon 2.0 ^ :/
roxassora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 02:17   Link #2760
Johnny
Working the bags...

Well like Xacual pointed out 9AD isn't around to help the bully douchebag if his body starts bleeding from the inside out and we all know SUC leaders don't give a shit if that happens. I doubt and hope it isn't the same Illwallsidan that Shioon took because Shi-Ho said only 20% survive. What are the odds that the bully would be in between that 20% range?...

What would be the real ass kicker if the bully douche starts using Black Heaven and Earth stuff. I'd probably insta drop this if that happened...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves