AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-18, 09:29   Link #21
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
I've never heard Dante on Japanese Dub because there's no Seiyuu for Dante (Only the American Dub)
It's will be new to hear Dante in japanese

Quote:
Now that is a great news. There are great chances we are going to see the smartass wisecracking Dante that trashtalk and we all loved.
Devil may cry 3, yes. But What about Dante will be on DMC4?
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 10:38   Link #22
Zappster

This would probably be one instance where I'd opt to listen to an american dub if someone decided to license and dub it for the US. Especially if they manage to get whoever it was that did Dante's voice in the games. I'm just so used to that person as Dante. Nevertheless I'll give the JPN dub a fair chance.
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 11:13   Link #23
Breanna_Banana
MORTAL COMBAT!!!!

Send a message via AIM to Breanna_Banana Send a message via MSN to Breanna_Banana Send a message via Yahoo to Breanna_Banana
Oh Really!?!?

OMGEE!! DMC ANIME!!?!?!??! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!*jumps for joy*ive been hoping that they would make an movie outta it just like they did bloodrayne but an ANIME of dmc?!?!? no way!?!? im freaking out
and are they gonna make a fourth dmc game?
i have beaten all three of them and i am obsessed with the games
hell
i think ill go play the third one right now im so happy!!!

Last edited by Breanna_Banana; 2007-03-18 at 11:16. Reason: b/c i like popcorn
Breanna_Banana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 11:45   Link #24
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
It seems the MFI anime page now redirects to somewhere else so you can't see the list of current and future titles. All I can say is that DMC was listed last week when I checked.
I've had a look on their site. It does indeed list Devil May Cry on there. Wonder what they'll be doing on it...
Old 2007-03-18, 11:49   Link #25
Razz

I can't wait to watch this. Not because of the current dry-ness in anime to watch but because I'm a huge fan of the PS2 series, and bought a PS3 not so long ago for DMC4 (amongst a whole load of other games).

For me, DMC1 and DMC3's storylines were great. While they weren't all that fleshed out due to the action genre not needing to, I feel that out of all the action games I've played, I've cared about DMC's story the most. The story itself is actually very good IMO, provided we see appearances from Vergil, Mundus and Trish.

The music is another thing that I have high expectations for since the PS2 series was superb in this respect. I just hope it won't be full of heavy metal/rock just for the sake of it, and hopefully the action won't get tedious in only 12 episodes.

The above posters bring up a good point. I'm used to Dante's english VA, who does a very good job. It'll be weird to hear him in Japanese. I suppose this is the first anime that I'll be watching both subbed and dubbed Can't wait!
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 12:42   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
It seems the MFI anime page now redirects to somewhere else so you can't see the list of current and future titles. All I can say is that DMC was listed last week when I checked.
The title is still being listed in the index page. You are _never_ wrong. well...... there was this.. yeah, you are hardly ever wrong.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 20:19   Link #27
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Has it been confirmed which storyline they're going to follow? Please let it be DMC3, I just want to see Lady, damn it!
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 00:06   Link #28
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kafka View Post
Has it been confirmed which storyline they're going to follow? Please let it be DMC3, I just want to see Lady, damn it!
Nothing yet. We probably won't know anything until there is an extended trailer comes out. I also want to see the story from the 3rd game even though in game-play wise the 1st one was better.
Old 2007-03-20, 00:11   Link #29
Razz

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Nothing yet. We probably won't know anything until there is an extended trailer comes out. I also want to see the story from the 3rd game even though in game-play wise the 1st one was better.
Hmm I disagree. DMC3's on-the-fly weapon switching, Styles and expansive combo possibilities made DMC3 superior for me. Also, playing as Vergil was great.
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 01:01   Link #30
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
Hmm I disagree. DMC3's on-the-fly weapon switching, Styles and expansive combo possibilities made DMC3 superior for me. Also, playing as Vergil was great.
How dare you disagree with my mighty opinion? Just kidding! I suppose I pull for the first game because there was none like it when many of those stylistic action were seen for the first time. The DMC sequels just improved on those established concept the first DMC brought over.
Old 2007-03-20, 02:40   Link #31
Zappster

So if they improved on the concepts introduced in the first game how would that make the gameplay better in the first compared to the others? And I had to let out a bit of a chuckle anyway because I think most fans would rather forget the 2nd game and I think they'd vehemently disagree that it improved on the first one. I'm in total agreement with Razz. Personally I think gameplay-wise the 3rd one blows the rest of them out of the water (particularly for the reasons Razz already mentioned). There's just much more to it and it really rewards extensive play (and practice).

And that will be my last post on the game in this topic... I promise! Maybe... probably...
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 10:54   Link #32
ritalman

Send a message via MSN to ritalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
Yeah, but at the end of the day, I never felt the thrill of fighting Shadows...
ritalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-22, 10:58   Link #33
velocity7

Train wreck alert.
Old 2007-03-22, 13:25   Link #34
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Some more details appeared on WOWOW's page:

Dante: Morikawa Toshiyuki - Black Lagoon as Chan; Bleach as Kurosaki Isshin
Patty: Fukuen Misato - Black Cat as Eve; Hataraki Man as Mayu Nagisa; Le Chevalier D'Eon as Belle
Morrison: Ohtsuka Akio - Black Jack as Black Jack; GiTS as Batou; FMP as Andrei Kalinin
Lady: Orikasa Fumiko - Bleach as Kuchiki Rukia
Trish: Tanaka Atsuko - GiTS as Motoko Kusanagi
Sid: Nozawa Nachi - Hellsing as Anderson

The site also looks to be confirming the series starting in June with special previews at the end of May, the first of which seems to be 22nd of May at 11:50.

DMC also confirmed as airing in HD with 5.1 surround sound.

I've not played the games myself yet, so if someone can correct / update the romaji for the character names I'd be grateful.

Last edited by Grv; 2007-04-05 at 18:45.
Grv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 03:11   Link #35
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by velocity7 View Post
Train wreck alert.
Madhouse have made Gungrave, one video game-to-anime adaptation done right, and it was a shooting game ffs. Why would Devil May Cry be a train wreck? Elaborate?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 15:40   Link #36
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
So they will introduce a Japanese Seiyuu for Dante... Oh man :/
I want the Original US Dub
Anyway good

Oh Trish and Lady O_o

DMC 3 + DMC 1 O_o
Thanks God, No Lucia
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 15:47   Link #37
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
So they will introduce a Japanese Seiyuu for Dante... Oh man :/
I want the Original US Dub
The above statement should allow a smile in a lot of the pro-dub fans. As for the Seiyuu who is going to voice Dante, watch Black Lagoon to get a glimpse of how awesome Mr. Chan is.
Old 2007-03-23, 17:58   Link #38
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Weren't there 3 different voice actors for Dante in the games anyway?
Old 2007-03-24, 00:53   Link #39
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The trailer for this was playing at the WOWOW booth as well as some of the sponsor booths. The animation looked solid and there was tons of blood in the action scenes and so on. Unfortunately it also looks like just another Hellsing/Trigun/Gungrave anime with nothing new to offer in terms of style or content.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-25, 06:54   Link #40
Haohmaru
The Invincible Samurai

Pretty cool trailer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrr-A...ws%26main%3Dhb

more trailers for this upcoming season of anime can be found here http://ruliweb.empas.com/ruliboard/r...b_news&main=hb
Haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, madhouse