AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2015-02-07, 07:51   Link #6921
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Do we even need to fully sink them or just deplete their global HP bar?
But yeah consumption wise this event is a real horror. the 10K fuel you get are not really a good compensation...
Taking their HP bar down do make the overall HP bar go down a bit, but less than a kill. But to complete a map you need to completely kill the final form of the boss.
Old 2015-02-07, 07:55   Link #6922
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
You have to sink the boss itself if you want to finish the map. Merely depleting the gauge is not enough.
I really can't imagine how people are supposed to complete it then... I mean I have to use buckets for 5 hr repairs already. Akagi can get over 15 hrs on later levels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Taking their HP bar down do make the overall HP bar go down a bit, but less than a kill. But to complete a map you need to completely kill the final form of the boss.
Looks like I will need the fleet support for that one then... a 170hp carrier is kinda...

Atually thinking about buying fuel out of the shop now ><

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 08:08   Link #6923
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

That's why the key is to gather as much resources as possible before an event.
For those who are broke, it is best to stop the event maps progression completely and play as usual to grind ships and gather more resources.
Trying to bruteforce the first maps as a newcomer is the worst course of action since you won't be able to do anything at some point.
Old 2015-02-07, 08:11   Link #6924
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The wiki said E-1 needs 140 LoS or something and I always got pushed away at the prebpss nodes by the nav fairies. I have 7 seaplanes already and will try 9 at the next run. Am I doing anything wrong here?
Old 2015-02-07, 08:13   Link #6925
hydropod

Went out yesterday so didn't play, but finished the events today.

Didn't feel as hard as it might have looked, was really worried when I first saw the final kill composition!

Back to grinding 3-2 and 5-4....
hydropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 08:24   Link #6926
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
That's why the key is to gather as much resources as possible before an event.
For those who are broke, it is best to stop the event maps progression completely and play as usual to grind ships and gather more resources.
Trying to bruteforce the first maps as a newcomer is the worst course of action since you won't be able to do anything at some point.
I admit this is brute force, but pretty much anything that works at all:

My other Kai's just get hit by the battleships, rwesulting in me having to end the sortie.
As I said though i would have quit by now if I wouldn't want that carrier :/.
I just have the suspicion that if I slow down now I won't make it in time to get it :/.

But yeah I could as well try to get Akashi from E1 in the meantime, problably more productive.

Its really just the fuel that seems to put me in a pickle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The wiki said E-1 needs 140 LoS or something and I always got pushed away at the prebpss nodes by the nav fairies. I have 7 seaplanes already and will try 9 at the next run. Am I doing anything wrong here?
Let me see what I had...
I think it was Sendai with a recon plane, Naka, Jintsuu, Murasame Kai, Yuudachi and Shiayuki Kai.
Not sure if Naka had one too.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2015-02-07, 08:30   Link #6927
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Looking at Hydropod is keeping me a bit motivated. I am now on the 21st run. Still trying to clinch it. I've changed my composition so that all the BBs are doing observation cut-in and I am going with 4BB 1CAV 1CV at that.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 08:32   Link #6928
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

You should really stop engaging the event maps and grind your ships so at least your whole fleet is in their remodel state with modernization.
I wouldn't be surprised that Akagi is getting screwed royally if she is still in her regular form.

And putting Junyou before Mutsu and Mayaa is a terrible idea.
Old 2015-02-07, 08:42   Link #6929
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
You should really stop engaging the event maps and grind your ships so at least your whole fleet is in their remodel state with modernization.
The question is just: Will I be able to complete the event within those 2 weeks then :/?
I didn't really look at the event's starting date and thought it would start on the 14th ><

Quote:
I'm not even surprised that Akagi is getting screwed royally if she is still in her regular form.
Akagi is the one with the least docking time until now. - Her damge was pretty minor (8HP).
The 15 hrs was more what she could potentially have.

Quote:
And putting Junyou before Mutsu and Mayaa is a terrible idea.
Wait a second isn't it random which ships get hit and which ones they hit?

Old 2015-02-07, 08:44   Link #6930
hydropod

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Looking at Hydropod is keeping me a bit motivated. I am now on the 21st run. Still trying to clinch it. I've changed my composition so that all the BBs are doing observation cut-in and I am going with 4BB 1CAV 1CV at that.
You can do it! All you need from your first fleet in day battle is to clear the trash and damage the other 2 himes to yellow (so Boss loses flagship shielding from them), then pray to RNG gods in the night battle!

Think positive and that kill will come!
hydropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 08:47   Link #6931
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The question is just: Will I be able to complete the event within those 2 weeks then :/?
There is no guarantee you will be able to do that. Heck, I have no evidence I will be able to finish it despite I still have 100K+ left.
What I know is that you are going to crash to the wall at this rate considering your kanmusu, and spending resources on event maps isn't worth it if you aren't going to kill the boss in such state. Unlike usual grinding, event maps grant punny exp, hence why it is best to come back with better preparation.

In general, Admirals fail events not because they don't have enough time, but because they were ill prepared. I've seen people managing to make a comeback after postponing the ongoing event for a week.
Quote:
Akagi is the one with the least docking time until now. - Her damge was pretty minor (8HP).
The 15 hrs was more what she could potentially have.
And this will happen at some point if you don't bother grinding her to her remodel.
Quote:
Wait a second isn't it random which ships get hit and which ones they hit?
It is a matter of prioritizing damage during second shelling and night battle.
These will go according to your fleet order, and having a CVL in such slot BEFORE BB will screw you royally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydropod View Post
You can do it! All you need from your first fleet in day battle is to clear the trash and damage the other 2 himes to yellow (so Boss loses flagship shielding from them), then pray to RNG gods in the night battle!

Think positive and that kill will come!
Yellow? Doesn't flagship protection get disabled only once they are in orange?
Old 2015-02-07, 09:21   Link #6932
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
There is no guarantee you will be able to do that. Heck, I have no evidence I will be able to finish it despite I still have 100K+ left.
What I know is that you are going to crash to the wall at this rate considering your kanmusu, and spending resources on event maps isn't worth it if you aren't going to kill the boss in such state. Unlike usual grinding, event maps grant punny exp, hence why it is best to come back with better preparation.

In general, Admirals fail events not because they don't have enough time, but because they were ill prepared. I've seen people managing to make a comeback after postponing the ongoing event for a week.
And this will happen at some point if you don't bother grinding her to her remodel.
It is a matter of prioritizing damage during second shelling and night battle.
These will go according to your fleet order, and having a CVL in such slot BEFORE BB will screw you royally.

Yellow? Doesn't flagship protection get disabled only once they are in orange?
I'll stop once I finish e2 then and try to get Akagi those 5 levels up.
I was only missing 26 HP on her when I tried so she should be doable.

I'd at least like to End the event with the submarine though :/

So basically I'd recieve less damage in general if I'd put my sortie like: Mutsu, Yamashiro, Fusou, Maya, Akagi,Junyou?

Edit:
Just upgrades Yamashiro. Just hope she will actually do more damage now rather than less...
Should I modernize her now or wait until she gets to Kai Ni?

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2015-02-07 at 09:37.
Old 2015-02-07, 09:30   Link #6933
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Do it at the easiest difficulty then. Anything more than that is not meant for those without fully modernized and remodeled ships.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 09:42   Link #6934
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

just finished the head ached called E 4

expecting e 5 too be very bad migraine hey panzer what your ships and set up? can you share ??
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-07, 09:43   Link #6935
DragonBladeX
Kancolle love!

E2 cleared. Ru classes were cause of my retreats in this map. Only note worthy drop was Kiyoshimo.

Spoiler for Route and fleet composition:
Old 2015-02-07, 09:52   Link #6936
Kakurin
大佐

E3 clear. Took me 10 attempts, with five reaching the boss. Four retreats at node H. Net resource reduction by 5000 fuel, 4000 ammo, 4000 steel, 2000 bauxite and 34 buckets. Drops again very forgettable with Hamakaze, Haruna, Yamashiro and Mutsu.

Fleet composition:
Tone (89) - 2x 20.3cm no2, 1x Zuiun 634, 1x Type 32 radar
Kongō (119) - 1x 46cm, 1x 41cm, 1x Type 0 observation, 1x Type 91 AP
Haruna (99) - 1x 46cm, 1x 41cm, 1x Type 0 observation, 1x Type 91 AP
Hiryū (97) - 1x Ryūsei Kai, 1x Reppu 601, 1x Reppu, 1x Type 99 Egusa
Kaga (88) - 1x Ryūsei 601, 1x Zero 52 601, 1x Reppu, 1x Suisei 12A
Taihō (72) - 1x Ryūsei Kai, 2x Reppu, 1x Suisei 601

Yahagi (92) - 2x 20.3cm no3, 1x Type 0 observation
Akizuki (81) - 2x 10cm HA with AAFD, 1x Type 13 radar
Shigure (81) - 2x 12.7cm B, 1x Type 22 radar
Yūdachi (87) - 2x 12.7cm B, 1x Type 22 radar
Kitakami (93) - 2x 15.5cm secondary, 1x Minisub
Yukikaze (75) - 2x Quint, 1x flares
Old 2015-02-07, 10:02   Link #6937
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
Do it at the easiest difficulty then. Anything more than that is not meant for those without fully modernized and remodeled ships.
I AM on easy difficulty . - it wouldn't let me change to medium after I started defeated the Submarine boss for the first time out of its total 5

Its not really much better there though just scaled down to something they believe you can manage.
The Boss' final form still has 170 or 190 HP and comes with one or two Ta-Class Battleships.

The only thing really doing damage is the battlehsips in the first place - without them the jump in difficulty between E1 and E2 wouldn't be that high.

Another interesting thing is that Fusou and Yamashiro already count as BBVs while they are not yet upgrades for the decision whether you go to the maelstrom or Node A

Old 2015-02-07, 10:23   Link #6938
chaosprophet

Quote:
I AM on easy difficulty . - it wouldn't let me change to medium after I started defeated the Submarine boss for the first time out of its total 5
There is a way to change as long it's before depleting all HP. When you do the boss HP reset, though.
Old 2015-02-07, 10:27   Link #6939
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
There is a way to change as long it's before depleting all HP. When you do the boss HP reset, though.
Everything else but easy was greyed out when I wanted to change and I only attacked the Boss once at that point.
So HQ level 25 was probably still level locked, which I can understand after having met the Battleships.

I guess one of the problems is that my fleet gets redirected to the maelstrom causing less damage in the Boss battle due to lower fuel supply.
I really have no idea what to do against that though...

Old 2015-02-07, 11:17   Link #6940
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydropod View Post
Went out yesterday so didn't play, but finished the events today.

Didn't feel as hard as it might have looked, was really worried when I first saw the final kill composition!
Can i ask for the composition of your fleet for this?

I'm still at E2 but i need some sort of SAN assurance.

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls