AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-03, 14:47   Link #21
yongshun

well the press conference became a Q&A about FFXIV so that was disappointing.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 16:54   Link #22
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight hawk View Post
- q: Are you planning a simultaneous worldwide release or will it be released in japan first?
• a: Yes. At the launch, this will be a worldwide simultaneous launch on ps3 and windows pc. English, japanese, german, and french versions released at launch.
Epic freaking win! I don't need to buy a PS3 anymore.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 18:16   Link #23
Knight Hawk
Lurker

More Q&A!

- Q: Will current owners of the Square Enix Security Token be able to use the same token they use in FFXI to secure their FFXIV account?

• A: Players who have already obtained a SQUARE ENIX Security Token and have been using an OTP for FINAL FANTASY XI will not need to purchase a new one, and will be able to use their current one for XIV.

- Q: Will Final Fantasy XIV be available on Direct2Drive at launch?

• A: Because of the estimated size of the game, we are aiming for a package release. However, we are also considering distribution via download.

- Q: People were ecstatic to hear about the beta. Can you tell us anything about it? Will it be a closed or open beta?

• A: We are planning both closed and open beta testing periods. The schedule is not yet decided.

- Q: You've confirmed that FFXIV will not be using PlayOnline. Will FFXI continue to be launched through PlayOnline or will it be done away with completely?

• A: As long as FINAL FANTASY XI service continues, PlayOnline will continue. For the rest of the questions we don’t have any comment at this time. Glad to see you guys excited about FINAL FANTASY XIV!

Source

Make sure you register with SE for possible Beta news. Here are some wallpapers; Credits to Evayde

Old 2009-06-03, 23:36   Link #24
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

I'm seriously considering it, but money and time would probably stop me. Nevertheless, it's going to look gorgeous, an MMO at FF13's level of graphical detail. I'll at least have a lot of fun watching it in development.

Also, freaking flying gun towers. FF's creature-machines never cease to amaze me.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 10:08   Link #25
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Little is know about the title but Chocobos are confirmed for the game.
Holy hell I would have never guessed! Thanx for this incredible news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I really hope FFXIV is a lot more accessible than FFXI.

FFXI had good concepts but it was ultimately a very hard game for more casual people like me. I remember leveling down in that game, after being killed my a monster "too weak to be worthwhile". Waiting for a thousand years for a party because I didn't have a "useful" job.

I would prefer if they took a more WoW approach, but with their own spice. Make it a little bit more action oriented. More monster hunter-ish.

I agree with this, the difficulty rate of this game was completely different than what a FF fan is used. The level of damage taken by just a regular enemy was way too high, that of course caused the main bosses to be even stronger, so strong that even your most defensively equipped PLD could be killed with two hits. In the end that forced the players to either chose the "kite strategy" or a mandatory ninja subjob. Blood tanking ended up being the last resort for the few cases where you couldn't do otherwise (Faust).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hawk View Post

FFXI has been updated to be a bit more friendlier to "casuals" These are some of the updates.

- Level Sync: High level players can join up with low levels.
- Signets: Has been buffed that you can solo bit more easily.
- Quests: Collect/Kill x amount of.

I'm sure SE learned some of there mistakes on FFXI.
Yes SE gradually made the game more and more casual gamer friendly. The time required to exp from 1 to 75 also decreased drastically. But it should be noted that at the same time SE introduced end game contents that were 5 times harder than the previous. I've tried Salvage with many different LSs and I've never made it to see a chariot die. The only time I've actually see one, it was a complete defeat.
And don't le me start with Einherjar, it's simply out of the league of any group of people that isn't bunch of parser freaks with ultrarare equipments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Honestly, every time I see someone say this about FFXI I can only think they are exaggerating... I was by no means a "hardcore" player and I played the game fine for a number of years. Granted, I didn't participate in the cutting edge of end game but you don't need to throw away your life to play (and enjoy) FFXI.
I wonder if you ever tried the rank10 assault missions. They can't certainly be described as cutting edge end game content since you can only do them with a party of 6. And yet I have still the nightmares thinking about them. I had to repeat them several times, suffering many deaths. In the end I made it but I couldn't do it for all of my friends, because it looked like a THF or BST just had no way to be useful, and with such difficulty you couldn't afford to have a dead weight with you.
This is a part of this game that I hated. I only wanted to have fun with my friends, but the absurd difficulty rate just enforces people to discriminate certain jobs or players that aren't particularly skilled.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:12   Link #26
Knight Hawk
Lurker

^ Won't say much since id probably come out as an elites jerk, difficulties in FFXI isn't a problem for me. I'm used to it. *shrug*

Anyways, new info released from 4gamer. I'm soo used to the whole "gain exp to gain lvls" Having not played Ultima Online (I believe FF2 had such a system? don't remeber ) this "growth" system will be interesting. Rough translation by Maruchiru

Quote:
- FF14 project (coded name : rapture) was started 4 years old. At that time, it might be called FF15.. if SE is working on FF13, and FF14 for the offline version of FF series.

- Eorzea. is a continent / place name. The world will be called ハイデリン (HADELN) .

- They will add in some Science Fiction element like those in FF10 and FF13 on this game. It will be a total different type of fantasy compare to FF11.

- It will use Square Enix ID Account system as to replace the pol system. 30 days unit payment system.

- No selling in-game item planned.

- All races from FF11 will be included in FF14. We cant tell you got other new races or not. at this moment.

- Regarding job system., the keyword is [ Weapon ] . To enrich our new job system, we will put in weapon elements into it.

- There will be High Level job system. <my thought: Like FF3 ??>

- There wont be experience point level system on FF14. (updated, my mistake) <my thought: I still cannot understand this. some people said it might be Skill Point system?? >

- We are thinking to have character names (from FF11) transfer service.

- Battle system will be focusing more on real time. Timing will be a very important factor.

- The selling point for FF14 is [ Growth] ..

- All song will be composed by Nobuo Uematsu. 5.1ch sound.

- The leviathan like monster will have a important role.

- The field that cast by blm ? we saw on the trailer, will be as a part of the battle system too.

- Many Vs Many.. = Mob will be party to fight the player too.

- PC spec requirement will be quite high.

- Server max population will be 5- 6000 players.

- Service will be available on 2010. Beta test wont be as long as WOW where they have their beta test like 9 months.

<end>
From IGN:

- Q: Are Chocobos back?
Yes, they will return. But Square Enix has told IGN that it is looking at using them in a completely different way than they were used in Final Fantasy XI (where they were used as riding steeds).

Chocobo Knights!

EDIT:
@Jan-Poo: *laughs and nods*

Translation is shitty so im just going to add the other links.

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1224702_1124.html
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...05_212492.html

EDIT2: English version of the interview.

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2009-06-04 at 17:08.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 12:21   Link #27
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Hell no. Chocobo knight is the lamest class they could possibly implement. I won't take that seriously that part under brackets, it's probably just the interviewer own speculation. the "different way" they are talking about has probably more to do with the mechanics. A chocobo that isn't used as mount is ridiculous >_<

Old 2009-06-04, 12:54   Link #28
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Maybe summon as buffers or stuff...anyway, this game will need a hell of a lot more RAM than I got right now... -purposefully delays upgrading RAMs until FFIV is released when they'll be much much cheaper-
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 13:01   Link #29
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Hell no. Chocobo knight is the lamest class they could possibly implement. I won't take that seriously that part under brackets, it's probably just the interviewer own speculation. the "different way" they are talking about has probably more to do with the mechanics. A chocobo that isn't used as mount is ridiculous >_<
Hmmm, fight while riding your chocobo? there was something like that back in Ragnarok Online if I remember correctly.
Old 2009-06-04, 13:10   Link #30
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Im Definaly getting this for PS3 :O to maximize graphics and to play on my HDTV.
Old 2009-06-04, 13:13   Link #31
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Having the same GFX as FFXIII its no surprise that the PC requirement (look at the in-game boat fight scene in the trailer, ditto for CG scenes) will be high. I'll be building my new mobo when windows 7 is released.
Old 2009-06-04, 13:16   Link #32
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I can't begin to fathom the amount of lag people would have to suffer, playing this on a mediocre PC :O
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:30   Link #33
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... leveling system that is akin to FFII/SaGa series? Now S-E finally has my attention for their MMORPGs. Heck, I might build an entirely new rig for it, if for some reason I don't want to play on my PS3. XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 14:32   Link #34
Knight Hawk
Lurker

IGN E3 video interview. It's pretty much the japanese interview links i gave earlier.

EDIT:

Adding in the latest interview. More questions answered in detail then the video. (Watch the video too!)

Last edited by Knight Hawk; 2009-06-04 at 17:17.
Knight Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-04, 16:03   Link #35
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

anyone wonna join up on the same server?
Old 2009-06-04, 16:32   Link #36
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Frankly I was hoping next SE MMORPG would have a completely different setting. Something like the world of spira or FF7, this new MMORPG seems to have the classic fantasy setting they already used for FFXI.

Old 2009-06-04, 18:27   Link #37
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

yea.. i was hoping for a new one too.. not another Mithra filled one -_-
Old 2009-06-04, 19:00   Link #38
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Frankly I was hoping next SE MMORPG would have a completely different setting. Something like the world of spira or FF7, this new MMORPG seems to have the classic fantasy setting they already used for FFXI.
Nope. They've said that there will be more sci-fi elements to this game, and that the setting is actually quite different from XI.

It'll probably be more XII than XI.

And the races will have different names too. So while there will be catgirls, they won't be called Mithra, at least.

Here's a better translated version of the 4gamer interview above: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/200...xiv_interview/
Old 2009-06-04, 22:18   Link #39
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

It seems the great Nobuo Uematsu will be composing all the music for this title. This is huge news to me.

http://www.originalsoundversion.com/?p=3122

Hope you see all you guys on the PS3 version.
Old 2009-06-05, 00:01   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have one remark --- if they use the same f'd up user interface keyboards they used in FF11, my interest plummets to zero. There's a fairly accepted keyboard configuration that most players use for most MMOs (wsad and mouse camera) ... use that, dammit. It was a shame, everything else was pretty interesting.

Other than that.... one can hope they push the graphics a wee bit harder. It was massively disappointing to go through character generation only to pop into the world with a polygon count I thought hadn't been used since EQ1.

Tags
mmorpg