Old 2006-04-07, 05:21   Link #41
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavielove
opening screen caps
Spoiler:
I know this is a Beetrain anime, but the pink haired girl looks just like Margaret from Madlax...
Old 2006-04-07, 09:44   Link #42
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
I hope it doesn't become a dissappointment like .Hack/Key Of the Twilight. The artworks seems attractive enough, though i have no idea about the story or characters. Well... we'll wait and see then, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
I know this is a Beetrain anime, but the pink haired girl looks just like Margaret from Madlax...
Typical .hack/sign artwork. But yes she does, but with pink hair. ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Old 2006-04-07, 18:49   Link #43
Tsukiyomi
step closer to Amaterasu

.hack//Roots

Anyone see episode 1 yet? I checked animenfo and it doesn't seem to be licensed. Seems like it's the prequel to the new .Hack//G.U.

Last edited by Catgirls; 2006-04-07 at 19:10. Reason: Next time, please SEARCH before creating a new thead. Thanks.
Old 2006-04-07, 19:56   Link #44
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Question: if I haven't had any introduction whatsoever into the .hack universe, can I still watch this? Or does roots require previous knowledge of any of the anime series or games?
Old 2006-04-08, 01:38   Link #45
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

yes sir ... when lookin on those screencaps it is a .hack// for sure
Old 2006-04-08, 09:36   Link #46
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Question: if I haven't had any introduction whatsoever into the .hack universe, can I still watch this? Or does roots require previous knowledge of any of the anime series or games?
You should be okay, I would figure. They're starting a new "universe" with new characters and whatnot. I'm sure anything that has "historical" meaning will get enough explaination to get you through it.

Since I've never played any of the games, seen any of the manga, or read any of the books, I'm not well-versed on a lot of characters and "mythology" at all. But I haven't found that an impediment to enjoying the story that I do get.

BTW, the HDTV version is very, very nice. I hope a sub group latches on to that...
Old 2006-04-08, 11:48   Link #47
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I'm a .hack// fan, and well. I hated the first episode. Why? The storyline didn't seem anything special, even though they do hint some Tri-Edge and stuff on the OP, which may lead us to something nice in the future. The Animation is alright I suppose, does it's job decently. But that OST, is KILLING ME.

I mean, someone should promote a raid to Bandai and stuff. Who the hell would get ALI PROJECT composing the OST for an anime? Like, they're not bad, but all of their songs sound the same. The Mai-HiME PS2 Game Opening and Main Theme Asura Hime, is almost a copy of the Rozen Maiden Traumend OP. And so on. Not to mention, those horrible synths they usually use didn't fit the the anime at all.

Other than that, I demand Kajiura once again, and I'm not going to keep on watching these series, at least not until it comes out as a Batch or so.
Old 2006-04-08, 14:15   Link #48
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
But I like Ali Project... =/ I don't think it's as bad as you put it.
Old 2006-04-08, 19:26   Link #49
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun
Other than that, I demand Kajiura once again, and I'm not going to keep on watching these series, at least not until it comes out as a Batch or so.
I'm a huge Kajiura fan, but I can understand why they didn't pick her. She's got so many ongoing projects and only-just-finished projects right now that anything she produced for Roots would probably be mostly substandard. Saying that, they probably could've got better than Ali Project... I like their OP material but the Roots OST so far is just... meh. It feels like they're deliberately trying to be Kajiura and falling quite a bit short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
Probably. I'd still heavily recommend digging in though, especially if you want to play GU later. The original 4 games should be going for pretty cheap now, and SIGN isn't that hard to get hold of either. GU seems to be making quite a lot of allusions to earlier material and with Roots coming before it, that might pick up on some of the stuff too. You could probably enjoy it, but it'd make it a whole lot more enjoyable to pick up the games and SIGN.

Which reminds me, I still need to buy Outbreak and Quarantine >.>
Old 2006-04-11, 03:51   Link #50
saikou

Bump for great justice!

Episode 1 of Roots is out now from ASource. I'm torrenting now and will comment after I watch.

Shouldn't this be back in fansubs since the subs are now being released?
Old 2006-04-11, 06:33   Link #51
Jehuty

I hate to say it but...

our apparent protagonist looks a -lot- like sasuke from naruto.

like, a *lot*.

Old 2006-04-11, 13:37   Link #52
Demonish

..the entire .hack series is depressing. as a gamer it makes me sad the the only games birthed from this are games about the story line.... when will the game "The World" actually appear.. not sure if that names taken..but..watching this anime ..makes me want to play this game.. as its played in the anime..obviously the VR is a bit unlikely..but ya kno.
Old 2006-04-11, 13:41   Link #53
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikou
Bump for great justice!

Episode 1 of Roots is out now from ASource. I'm torrenting now and will comment after I watch.

Shouldn't this be back in fansubs since the subs are now being released?
Their site and the torrent seems to be dead (shame as I was waiting for a sub)
Old 2006-04-11, 17:38   Link #54
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
I got the torrent but I can't play it for some reason...
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-04-11, 18:02   Link #55
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonish
..the entire .hack series is depressing. as a gamer it makes me sad the the only games birthed from this are games about the story line.... when will the game "The World" actually appear.. not sure if that names taken..but..watching this anime ..makes me want to play this game.. as its played in the anime..obviously the VR is a bit unlikely..but ya kno.
You are a bit slow in the news department, are't you?

http://www.hack.channel.or.jp/fragment/

(note: in the .hack universe, "fragment" was the prototype game that evolved into "The World".)
Old 2006-04-11, 18:19   Link #56
Demonish

i should have been more specific. im depressed that there is no world-wide game:P come on how awesome would that be? honestly though. too much WoW. must find something better..

"One thing the majority of .hack fans have agreed on was the production of a real .hack game with online abilities. Be aware that fragment is an ORPG, not a MMO and that the online abilities are limited, thus the full title: .hack//ONLINE X OFFLINE. Fragment is not a full-fledged MMORPG like "The World".
" From- http://www.dothackers.net/fragment.php
Old 2006-04-11, 18:48   Link #57
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonish
i should have been more specific. im depressed that there is no world-wide game:P come on how awesome would that be? honestly though. too much WoW. must find something better..

"One thing the majority of .hack fans have agreed on was the production of a real .hack game with online abilities. Be aware that fragment is an ORPG, not a MMO and that the online abilities are limited, thus the full title: .hack//ONLINE X OFFLINE. Fragment is not a full-fledged MMORPG like "The World".
" From- http://www.dothackers.net/fragment.php
All big things start small.

Unlike the .Hack universe, which has The World as the ONLY MMORPG on the planet, there is actually existing competitors in our world.

It would take time to finalise the gameplan, as well as locate means to compete with other, already established MMORPGs.
Old 2006-04-11, 18:59   Link #58
Demonish

ah yes, so true. as someone who has played quite a good number of diffrent mmorpgs, i believe that if The World were to be developed in a way to mirror itself from the .hack series, it would deff. be great compeition for such games as WoW, EQ2, etc. not to mention the huge support from current .hack fans.. and alot of anime lovers are gamers as well. i have huge obsessive ideals for the perfect mmorpg so i apologize for my unlikely dream for one.
Old 2006-04-11, 19:08   Link #59
saikou

I got it over night and have begun to watch. Play by play wall of text below.

Spoiler:

I like the OP, its a lot more upbeat than the one for SIGN. Granted, SIGN's OP set the tone for Tsukasa's situation, and I hope this OP will reflect the main characters as well. While the show had its dark moments, it did seem much more upbeat than SIGN. I think the show can work well either way. I didn't quite catch the exact wording with which the cat pc described the purpose of Ovan's guild, but it seems like they are much more aware of the history of the Twilight events than most players. We see dark Kite in the OP and a few other nasties in the ED, so i hope that there will be some dangers darker than the PK guild, TaN. The whole "girlie men" scenario was a little creepy, it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Everything is wild speculation at this point, but i wonder if any of the new characters are new avatars of people we met before... Ovan in particular. I don't think the dark kite is actually kite the original, but i wouldn't be surprised if Ovan was the old kite, now a mentor for the new generation of dot.hackers through the Twilight Brigade. I wonder just how far the player corruption goes in so far as the TaN guild is concerned.. I used some MMORPG terms in my summary since I do play Final Fantasy XI: Chains of Promathia. By no means would you need to be an MMO fan to get into this, and it doesn't even seem like knowledge of the original game is neccessary... yet. Though if they call on the 8 phases plot, knowledge of the games wouldn't hurt. I'm most curious how the AI's will fit into this, as the story of Morgana and Aura drove the plot of the "classic" .hack saga.

Edit: Dingo, it's in mp4 format, so you may need to download quicktime or the alternative codec pack.
Old 2006-04-11, 19:38   Link #60
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Bandai has until December 24, 2010 to create "The World"...