AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 04:00   Link #221
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well those hearts and x's may mean on what Saito think about them or what they think about Saito...It is hard to tell
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 04:18   Link #222
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Spoiler for some S3 pics (super spoiler/nsfw):
Nice pics. Nothing really surprising, but at least the faces of Beatrice's followers are revealed... Not that I want to even look at them... *gag*
The forest scene really is that forest scene after all...

I'm surprised even Katie/Katy(?) is on there... Then again, she does appear in volume 12 and all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Well those hearts and x's may mean on what Saito think about them or what they think about Saito...It is hard to tell
What the girls think about him, revealed at the top.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 05:19   Link #223
Darknemo2000

Ah yes, missed the top right corner. Indeed it is what girls think. But again it can work the other way just as well.
Old 2008-07-02, 09:35   Link #224
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
You read volume and half of the novels... Don't tell me you stopped on the preview part?

If you are hoping for real translation - don't wait for it. It is a long story but right now preview is a full translation already so read it through. You wont be getting anything else, plus previews do not skip any sentences at all they are just translated in more raw manner sometimes.

It depends on who does those though. Like matt's previews were horrible (now I replaced all of those) but the way things are right now all the previews up till volume 6 are good and corrected and you should just read them like an ordinary chapters.

I am not sure about anime as anime is far from novels (worser that is) and they do not make much sense in general with their character changes (Saito, Siesta), relationship skips and so on... i would not use too much logic while discussing it as its obviously main thought in ZnT anime (specially second season) is "ZOMG big tits!" and all other things like plot or logic go after this.
I haven't finished reading the novels mainly because I've had work to do and thus haven't gotten around to finishing them. Plus, I'm re-watching the anime so I can be caught up in time for the third season's start. I'll get around to finishing what's translated of the novels.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 10:12   Link #225
Darknemo2000

Ah I see.

Well you know there were people who stopped reading novels because they thought that previews are not actual translations, so I thought to warn you ahead to not be mislead by its status - it is still basically the same translation (at first it was meant to be bit different, but right now it is almost the same as normal translations, yeah, I know its confusing) and you should continue reading it normally.

Better read novels than re-watch anime. Anime doesn't really live up to the novels, sadly. First season wasn't so bad, but the second...
Old 2008-07-02, 10:59   Link #226
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

i guess everybody was wrong about saito getting messed up before there kiss lol....but im not sure if he will be so lucky as it looks like he has a hand going in her shirt... lol
crystalalien87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 19:09   Link #227
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Ah I see.

Well you know there were people who stopped reading novels because they thought that previews are not actual translations, so I thought to warn you ahead to not be mislead by its status - it is still basically the same translation (at first it was meant to be bit different, but right now it is almost the same as normal translations, yeah, I know its confusing) and you should continue reading it normally.

Better read novels than re-watch anime. Anime doesn't really live up to the novels, sadly. First season wasn't so bad, but the second...
Unlike many others, I do not compare the anime to the novels (or manga, if that happens to be the case) and vice versa. And I don't compare one season to another. I've found that if I don't do that, then I can derive more enjoyment from them. Personally, I haven't had a problem with either season of Zero no Tsukaima, and I plan to keep it that way.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 21:01   Link #228
TheInfinityZERO
Mugen //Zero

That's a great way to look at things. However, I cannot say that I was content when the second season became too ecchi-focused. The first season had just the right amount of ecchi, but when it came to the second season, I was reminded of "Tona Gura!"
TheInfinityZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 21:07   Link #229
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I think 3rd season is going to be ecchi-overloaded...
I liked the poor and innocent Louise
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 21:29   Link #230
TheInfinityZERO
Mugen //Zero

Well a little fan service never hurt anyone.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:49   Link #231
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

^^^^Chad coming in here when your not welcome but i think a decent plot cant hurt anything but if they plan on a 4th season since the novel is suppose to end soon... "Not Positive on that" but a fan service 3rd season but a serious/fan service 4th season would be great.....im just waiting for that first episode kiss they have
Old 2008-07-03, 00:01   Link #232
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInfinityZERO View Post
Well a little fan service never hurt anyone.
The saying goes "too much of a good thing is a bad thing", I just hope it wont be as bad as the second season
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-03, 15:24   Link #233
Darkoff
Nipaah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
*Head explodes

Spoiler for nsfw:

Spoiler for some S3 pics (super spoiler/nsfw):

they will have SMEX?! some fanservice cant hurt you
Old 2008-07-03, 15:32   Link #234
Darknemo2000

Some fanservice cant indeed hurt you. Specially because novel itself has enough of fanservice

Spoiler for novel:

however, in the novels it had also a great deal of character development and serious parts while anime just cuts those out replacing them with more fanservice, tit-jokes and Louise-beats-Saito endings...

So even though fanservice does not hurt, keeping it on the same level as in second season will hurt...Because it was just overload of it... Which eventually made even Japanese audience (who are usually very tolerant about fanservice) complain about it...
Old 2008-07-03, 15:33   Link #235
Darkoff
Nipaah!

Quote:
Some fanservice cant indeed hurt you. Specially because novel itself has enough of fanservice

Spoiler for novel:

however, in the novels it had also a great deal of character development and serious parts while anime just cuts those out replacing them with more fanservice, tit-jokes and Louise-beats-Saito endings...

So even though fanservice does not hurt, keeping it on the same level as in second season will hurt...Because it was just overload of it... Which eventually made even Japanese audience (who are usually very tolerant about fanservice) complain about it...
yeah i have to agree on that one =P
Old 2008-07-03, 17:56   Link #236
TheInfinityZERO
Mugen //Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
^^^^Chad coming in here when your not welcome but i think a decent plot cant hurt anything but if they plan on a 4th season since the novel is suppose to end soon... "Not Positive on that" but a fan service 3rd season but a serious/fan service 4th season would be great.....im just waiting for that first episode kiss they have
Not welcomed? This wouldn't have anything to do with Louise in my sig, huh? PM me a good image of Siesta or the Princess and I'll change it, lickity-split.

I'll catch up on the light novel one of these days, but for now I am waiting for the anime version.

Almost time! w00t!
Old 2008-07-04, 00:56   Link #237
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalalien87 View Post
i guess everybody was wrong about saito getting messed up before there kiss lol....but im not sure if he will be so lucky as it looks like he has a hand going in her shirt... lol
Not true.

Spoiler for Novel 9, Prologue:
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 09:23   Link #238
Rahvin

Well.. When do you think that a subbed version will be finished?
I'm going with four days.
Rahvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 18:57   Link #239
crystalalien87
Louise Fanatic

well with the hype about it...it may be sooner IMO everybody is talking about it now...
Old 2008-07-04, 20:20   Link #240
gugumomu
the hedgehog

problem is: speedsubs or quality? the group that subbed season 2 in HD will do this new season also, but who is going to wait a few days when a speedsub will already be avaible?
it's the only show i look forward to (besides the Lucky Star OVA)

Tags
adventure, comedy, ecchi, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, tsundere