Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-30, 08:24   Link #1
luckme10
Just call me G

Location: California, bay area or is it San Diego... not sure
Send a message via AIM to luckme10
Anime is not real, but the emotions that they give off are. Afterthought Onegai Twins

Anime is not real, but the emotions that they give off are. My afterthought Onegai Twins. Ok I'm going to say it straight. My first thoughts on Onegai Twins were something on the lines of this. WTF is it? I mean its not Shoujo and it completely kills any sex appeal whatsoever to the members of the opposite sex(A cups anyone?). They are related thus premoting incest(NO BUTS OR IFS IF THEY USE THE WORDS RELATED AND LOVE IN THE SAME SENTENCE ITS INCEST), Accepts homosexuality. The characters look rather young...Too young in my opinion to be having those feelings(see small breast arguement) So who is this anime for? Why its for gay, incestual pedifiliacs who are also anime freaks. I mean come on. These's even a F^($ing miniture teletubby in it!
Anyways those were my initial thoughts but then I began to think about it deeper. The emotions that it produced. Besides that sick feeling in my stomach when i see incestual things... The relationship that I have with the main character. We both drive a motorcycle(only his is a faggito see gta vice city) We both are programmers, both are a bit of a schizoid in the fact that we try to mask any interest in the opposite sex whatsoever. I personally see it as a sign of weakness the whole gauing over the opposite sex. That feeling of being alone and finding someone makes you feel all warm and gooey inside. I gues the point of this thread is I wanted to ask if there was any anime that could do this without the telletubbies, incest, gay suggestiveness, or small tities.
Old 2003-11-30, 10:37   Link #2
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckme10
These's even a F^($ing miniture teletubby in it!
Hey now, don't be messing w/ Marie. Marie made that show cute and funny everytime he popped out.

If u don't like Twins its very understandable. I just happened to like it for its comedy and borderline story - something different. If you've been watching anime long enough you'll understand that its just what it is, take it or leave it. If you need an anime w/ a good plot w/o all those things that u didn't like about Twins go for an adventure anime. Juuni Kokki has a good plot as well as characters or Hajime No Ippo for sports, Hikaru No Go also comes in mind. Though the 2 of these animes that I suggested are licensed now they do have a good story.
Old 2003-11-30, 18:38   Link #3
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien. Just be sure to watch the first 2 episodes before making up your mind on the series.
As for your opinion on Onegai Twins, it's not one of my favorite anime, but I still think you're being a little unfair. From your comments it doesn't sound like you've seen all of it. Watch the rest and then see if you still think that way. Also that's not a motorcycle, it's a moped. Cheap transportation for a highschool student.They may be uncommon in the US, but are popular in a number of other countries from what I understand.
Old 2003-12-01, 01:16   Link #4
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckme10
Anime is not real, but the emotions that they give off are. My afterthought Onegai Twins. Ok I'm going to say it straight. My first thoughts on Onegai Twins were something on the lines of this. WTF is it? I mean its not Shoujo and it completely kills any sex appeal whatsoever to the members of the opposite sex(A cups anyone?).
This anime is made by a very "otaku-centered" anime production team. Small-breasted girls are one of the moe~'s of Japanese otakus. Then again, so are big ones as well (as in Onegai Teacher). I would imagine that since Please! already made the latter first, they would try onto the former moe~ in Twins. Then again, Kuroda-san does love ero-games ^^;

Quote:
So who is this anime for? Why its for gay, incestual pedifiliacs who are also anime freaks.
You've just described half of Japanese male otakus (minus the "gay" part...that's for yaoi-kei fans) ^^;

Quote:
The characters look rather young...Too young in my opinion to be having those feelings(see small breast arguement)
According to one research, the average age for Japanese kids to first have sexual intercourse is 14. This is from the research done by the sex magazine "HotDog Press." Of course, I would imagine this is rather skewed in the pool that the chose. On the other hand, the "official" government average by the Ministry of Education is 17. Then again, this IS the Japanese government we are talking about, saying that this is ALSO skewed to keep it's national image of being a "healthy, clean, nation-state." So, to keep it safe, it's somewhere btwn 14 and 17. Being that Karen and Miina are in their first year of high school (15-16), I think it's about right where they would have some interest in sexual ideas (except for Haruko....).

Quote:
We both drive a motorcycle(only his is a faggito see gta vice city)
This is where the obscurity of Japanese law comes into place. According to Japanese traffic law, a motorcycle that has a gas tanks less than 50cc falls actually into the category of a bicycle (well, a "bicycle with a motor"). Any motocycle over 50cc is defined as a "regular motorcycle." Yeah, it's weird. A motorcycle license can be obtained at the age 16. However, the Ministry of Education prohibits children (people under the age of 18) from coming to school with a motorcycle "due to safety reasons". Whatever. BUT, since you can get a license from 16, AND since the Ministry of Transportation has described a moped to be a "bicycle," that is allowed (well, not really, but teachers and school official keep a "don't see, don't tell" policy) I'm sure America has it's own weird bureaucratic red-tape laws, but this is one of the most oftenly cited weird ones that we have in Japan.
Closed Thread