AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-31, 22:51   Link #121
jayj713

It just feels like i miss Suzumiya, everytime i hear the songs that she sang at the cultural festival, God Knows... and Lost my music, i feel a twinge in my heart and i just miss her lol. It's weird. This anime didn't feel particularly good to me but i feel like i really got attached to her. She's just so cute!
Old 2006-09-01, 10:21   Link #122
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
i'm spreading Haruhiism to my friends. 2 more joined so far. more to come <3
Old 2006-09-07, 06:43   Link #123
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

i just started watching this series about 5 days ago.....i'm already on ep.6 and its pretty good so far.....kinda confusing since there is two ways to watch the series...but i'm enjoying it so far.
but i heard the manga goes farther than the anime....anyone think there will be a 2nd season??
and i can't believe the reaction that this series has made....its pretty big in japan, especially with the soundtracks and music CDs....there could be a high chance it could get licensed and come over to the US....
but overall, good anime show!
Old 2006-09-07, 08:07   Link #124
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

It's not a manga in its original form, it's a series of novels, and yes it goes beyond the anime, and there's hope that they will make a second season at some point, after Kanon remake.
Old 2006-09-07, 13:25   Link #125
hirone
SOS ni Youkoso!?

Let's not rush the U.S. licensing, we want to have a good and faithful distributor after all ^^
Old 2006-09-07, 19:07   Link #126
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
It's not a manga in its original form, it's a series of novels, and yes it goes beyond the anime, and there's hope that they will make a second season at some point, after Kanon remake.

oh, a series of novels....kinda like FMP.....
so i guess there is hope for a second season!
Old 2006-09-08, 15:36   Link #127
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm this is the Final Thoughts thread, so I guess my final words before I leave for the army would suit here. Every male Singaporean has to join the army once they're above 18 years old.

Long passage ahead:
Spoiler:

---------------

Here's another passage about how I view Haruhiism:
Spoiler:
Well I don't have much left to say, I can't think of what else to say actually, its 4am+. I will return tomorrow for 1 hour before I leave for the army, I will check what kind of goodbyes and good riddances I get

My time on AS forums is short, but I made quite a good amount of acquaintance and as much hate lol

I won't be gone, for I can return home once every week, where I'll spend the entire day on the internet and anime. Then I will also check the forum with my phone

This post is my 734th post in the Haruhi subforum, I'm still the top poster of this subforum

(Not sure how many errors I made in such a big post)

EDIT: Oh and do visit my Gallery of Haruhiism thread on HF forums, there's some oldies that some of you probably forgot :

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51334
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-09-08, 16:18   Link #128
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Good luck to you in your service ... and hopefully you can sidestep any wayward policies your government might lob at you
Old 2006-09-08, 17:04   Link #129
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

well...
Spoiler for ranting time:

Thanks for all your input C.A. May you survive the consription.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-09-08, 22:16   Link #130
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Thanks I will, for I am bringing the novels with me. Just looking forward to the novels at the end of each day will bring me through lol

One thing I wanted to say but forgot: I wished 1st September didn't come for me

Old 2006-09-08, 22:27   Link #131
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

weird question, but seeing everyone has a last name, what is Kyon's last name??
Old 2006-09-08, 22:37   Link #132
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

no one knows his real name.
Old 2006-09-08, 22:51   Link #133
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Kyon isn't even his real first name.

EDIT: Does anyone else consider this the major mystery of MoSH? What exactly is Kyon's real name?

Well, next to: how did his little sister fit in a carry on bag?
Old 2006-09-08, 23:20   Link #134
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well im sure the imoto fitting in the bag is more of a mystery...i mean you dnt come across a loli in a bag everyday

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-08, 23:22   Link #135
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Kyon isn't even his real first name.

EDIT: Does anyone else consider this the major mystery of MoSH? What exactly is Kyon's real name?

Well, next to: how did his little sister fit in a carry on bag?
I would like to think that Imouto's real name would come before how she fit in a carry on bag...

Old 2006-09-08, 23:55   Link #136
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Bah, everyone has a first name - how many people do you honestly know that would fit in a carry-on bag? My eight year old son couldn't do it!
Old 2006-09-09, 20:24   Link #137
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

well i just finished watching every episode last night and i gotta say, this is one of the best animes i've watched this year....second being FMP: second raid.....but this show still confuses me, especially with the two ways you could watch this show.....so i guess i'm gonna watch it all again a second time....
but everyone can relate to this show, especially with people who are always bored and stuff....and as some people in this thread already said, everyone should take advantage of certain events or chances that come their way in their lives...just as Haruhi did, especially in ep.12....that was a good episode
i guess its another reason why they should somewat create a season 2....i dunno, part of me wants a season two, but the other part doesn't, i guess cuz i'm still confused with all the happenings in the show....and its weird as how Kyon isn't his real name, its just a nickname given to him by his aunt??!!@_@
and its great on how like in the last episode, Kyon had to use the hints that mostly Yuki and Mikuru gave him throughout the episode, to get out of that closed space...kool stuff
animation was one of the best i've seen also...very smooth and clean...
overall, great anime, recommend people to watch it, but the first episode seems to somewat, bore anyone who doesn't have a clue with this series.....when i first watched it i was like "what is this crap??", but everything soon became interesting when i watched the second episode and when i found out that there is two ways of watching this series, one by Kyon's way and one by Haruhi's way!
10/10 for The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya!!!
hopefully second season comes soon, if it does come.....

but what confuses me is this:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-19, 05:12   Link #138
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

It took me more than two months and an anal amount of patience despite being constantly and consistently frustrated with Haruhiists and Haruhi Suzumiya, and now that I've finished it, I'd say it was quite good ... I realized that there was a lot of implied romance in the later episodes (which I truly love, since I'm a sucker for them), and that kiss was simply masterful and revealing - Kyon has definitely a veritable harem in his midst (yes, even Itsuki is hot for him). Haha.
Old 2006-09-23, 13:39   Link #139
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05
but what confuses me is this:
Spoiler:
Well, one very common mistake that people always get is deeply believing Itsuki's words.

Is Haruhi really a god?
Did Haruhi really created/recreated the world?
Is the world a dream of Haruhi?

Personally, I think Itsuki's theory is wrong, even he himself has doubts about the theory.

The point of listening to the theories of the 3 representives of the 3 groups, Yuki, Mikuru and Itsuki, is to give us an idea of what Haruhi may be and even more questions of she really is.

I'm not really sure why does Itsuki's theory leaves such an impression on people, maybe because Yuki and Mikuru's theories are too complicated for most.

In fact Yuki and Mikuru's theory are much more credible and accurate than Itsuki's.

Caused a data explosion? Totally true, if you've read the novels you should know. Though being a key for auto-evolution may be debatable. But given Haruhi's capabilities, if she grants the data entities the ability to auto-evolve, they should be able to do it.

The origin of a time warp, time quake? Did she really caused such an event? Well, if Mikuru didn't lie, it should be true. Haruhi is an anomaly, a variant, someone who's existance is an error, a disturbance to space-time? Could be yes or no. But as long as adult Mikuru is there, it means that the future is fixed, meaning the future is an outcome that will eventually happen despite Haruhi's effects. Past affects future, but in this case the future can affect the past as well.

We aren't supposed to believe in just Itsuki's theory, believe in one and you should believe in all three, but all three could also be wrong. Meaning we should be sceptical and Haruhi still remains as a mystery. But if we were to rank the credibility of the theories, 1 - Yuki, 2 - Mikuru, 3 - Itsuki.

As far as the Data Entities go, Haruhi didn't create this world in a dream.

And though Haruhi has the powers of a god, she isn't really a god. If she's a god, the data entities could be considered gods as well. Haruhi is just another being that came into existance in this universe.

Old 2006-09-23, 13:43   Link #140
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

But, is it only what Kyon believes that really counts?
Closed Thread