I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-22, 10:13   Link #2881
Scarlett_Rain55

Quote:
Originally Posted by noven View Post
I disagree, the fact that they're not currently in an amorous relationship doesn't negate the possibility of one nor does it disqualify any related interactions in the past. Although I don't think there have been any Ichigo initiated IchiRuki "moments" (some IchiRuki fans will disagree) I think it's still very possible that Rukia may have hidden or unresolved feelings for Ichigo and Kubo's remark doesn't remove them. Have you ever had a friend that you cared about a little too much for friends but not enough to share your feelings with? Just because their interactions have been on a "more friend than lover" level (which i would have agreed with before this interview) doesn't mean romantic situations could have occurred although the intent wasn't romance. Most of my romantic relationships have started as friendships, and in hindsight there were many moments of unresolved romantic tension, even though our relationship at the time was merely friends. I don't believe it's fair to write off a ship's progression based solely on these comments.

If you really want to sink the ship i would recommend bringing up something that's canon (like Ichigo's closet homosexuality).
Then again, some Hime fans think that Rukia looks like a guy so that might backfire too.
Maybe...maybe not. But it's almost too late now to start with the blushing and the denying that they like each other when they really do, you know all those traits tsundere relationships have, etc. IMO.
Old 2009-08-22, 12:03   Link #2882
akire_and_atem

IMO a close friendship will last longer than a love relationship.

think about it this way: to last all those "happily ever after" years we cannot see after an ending, the two must have trust in each other, be able to talk about without ending it with a discussion, being able to do something for the other without being told, etc etc... most of those kinds of relations turn into something close to love.

On the other hand, nowadays it's kinda like this for a "love" relationship: you like someone (mostly because first impressions or superficial attraction), you confess and start being an item, then let's say you wait 4 years and start living together/get married, in most cases that's when trouble starts because there was never a full comunication on how ppl like or dislike ir do thing diferently... those who can't resolve fail in the relations.

and this is taliking about IRL, from old couple that have lasted long and still love the other vs. the divorces after having 20 or so yrs of marriage that "couldn't stand it"

ok now talking back to the universe of Bleach and the Ichigo relations:

for me the IchiRuki is the first one I talked about, they have moments in the manga in which they just look at each other and know what the other is trying to say or when one is feeling down the other doesn't need to be told about those feelings to help him/her overcome them (aw I want this kind of relationship !!)

On the other hand with IchiHime, so far we know this is one-sided, but going beyond that Inoue still doesn't know how Ichigo feels or what kind of thought he's having, she fell first for his outter character and now that she is starting to know how he really is imo I've seen her confused and even scared of him, if this relation were to happen, they both have a long way before saying it's a successful relation because on the side of Ichigo he know her almost superficially too, there hasn't been enough encounters (alone) between them.
Old 2009-08-22, 12:08   Link #2883
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ I also think friendship outlives love (or sex life). Too bad most stories end right when the two get married and never deal with that. There are very few josei or shoujo that deal with the married life of the characters.

I remember Goku getting married to Chichi and having kids with her. The same with Gohan later on. It felt so innovating for a shounen series (still is actualy). Yet, there never was any clear depiction of romance or affection between the two. Mostly gags and the wife bitching at the battle frenzy male.

So, I imagine Ichigo being proposed to get married. Will he wet his pants or won't even know what sex is? Maybe Kon can give him some advices. And he is not even human!
Old 2009-08-23, 23:47   Link #2884
NotWarchef
Banned

@kagato3: Wait, what? I've never said Ichigo and Rukia were in a romantic relationship. I've said that given to how they've yet to put a label on their relationship, I'd say there's plenty of evidence that they could eventually be a couple.

It's also been a very short time in the manga. While 2-3 years have passed since the gang has entered HM, in manga time it's been only a few hours. You expect there to be a significant romantic plot point to be revealed that quick?
Old 2009-08-24, 03:21   Link #2885
roriconfan
Banned

Yeah, it's not like they know each other since childhood... Wait, they do...
And it's not like she has any reason to admit she loves him. I mean, he only went all the way to hell to save her and even died for her.
Old 2009-08-24, 06:50   Link #2886
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Maybe Kon can give him some advices. And he is not even human!
Kon-sama will turn out to be the Oracle
Old 2009-08-24, 10:45   Link #2887
roriconfan
Banned

And Aizen is Mr. Smith, I heard the fic. All this fuss is for naught.
Old 2009-08-24, 11:56   Link #2888
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotWarchef View Post
@kagato3: Wait, what? I've never said Ichigo and Rukia were in a romantic relationship. I've said that given to how they've yet to put a label on their relationship, I'd say there's plenty of evidence that they could eventually be a couple.

It's also been a very short time in the manga. While 2-3 years have passed since the gang has entered HM, in manga time it's been only a few hours. You expect there to be a significant romantic plot point to be revealed that quick?
I don't seem to remember saying you had claimed they were in a romantic relationship, but Warcheif has implied they are more then nakama many times here here here and here among others.

Frankly Ichigo and Rukia's relationship has remained static (and nonromantic) since they met as well as the series seems to be getting close to the endgame (main villin is on the feild all but the bigest guns are in combat) I doubt there will be any more breaks in which a significant romantic plot point could come up with Ruki and Ichigo. Meanwhile we already know for a fact that Orihime has romantic feelings for Ichigo but we have no clue as to what he feels for her other then a very strong desise to protect her.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-08-24, 12:18   Link #2889
akire_and_atem

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Yeah, it's not like they know each other since childhood... Wait, they do...
And it's not like she has any reason to admit she loves him. I mean, he only went all the way to hell to save her and even died for her.
Whoa wait, wasn't Tatsuki the one that has known Ichigo since childhood? and then in high school (or was it middle school? :/?) she was introduced to Ichigo????

He kinda went for her to save her, but so far Berry-tan has had the opportunities, but has preferred the fights<her.

Also it may be debatable that he died for her, but as sure as hell made him revive after her SAVE US!!!! scream (maybe even I would've woken up from my eternal sleep with that desperate scream...)
Old 2009-08-24, 12:34   Link #2890
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
He kinda went for her to save her, but so far Berry-tan has had the opportunities, but has preferred the fights<her.
He always goes for the fight . GJ said it best. It's his instinct, so for Ichigo, fights>everyone.
Old 2009-08-24, 12:38   Link #2891
Alchemist007
*Author

hell ya son.
*sun
Old 2009-08-24, 12:39   Link #2892
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Yeh like in ss he risked his life achieving bankai to save rukia thats just who ichigo is hell die to protect any of his friends
Old 2009-08-24, 15:52   Link #2893
akire_and_atem

can anyone clear this up for me:

has Ichigo ever said to Inoue "I've come to save you" like when he said it to Rukia?

if so? in what chapter? :/?
Old 2009-08-24, 15:59   Link #2894
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

post grimmjow match? *scratches head* which was soon interrupted >.>
Old 2009-08-24, 16:37   Link #2895
kamyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by akire_and_atem View Post
Whoa wait, wasn't Tatsuki the one that has known Ichigo since childhood? and then in high school (or was it middle school? :/?) she was introduced to Ichigo????)
yeah, you have it right. he has known tatsuki since they were 4 (little over 10 years). he didn't meet orihime until her brother died (3 years ago) and didn't even know that that was her until 'recently.'
Old 2009-08-24, 20:55   Link #2896
Le_Rukia

Location: I am living life and having a ball ... wondering why Lent isn't two weeks vs 8
Send a message via MSN to Le_Rukia
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
post grimmjow match? *scratches head* which was soon interrupted >.>
yes he did say it, he was just as determined to safe her as Rukia, but when he later saw Rukia on his way to Safe Orihime again, he stopped to look at Rukia... she had to tell him to go and Get Orihime... Strange twists keep giving both of these pairing hope......

Old 2009-08-24, 21:00   Link #2897
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

yeh i always thought that was funny he was like "what was i supposed to be doing again?"
Old 2009-08-24, 23:43   Link #2898
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Yeh like in ss he risked his life achieving bankai to save rukia thats just who ichigo is hell die to protect any of his friends
Actually he achieved bankai cause he was told to if he wanted to beat Byakuya. *cough*

He wouldn't even know about it if a certain sexy kitty didnt force him to.
Old 2009-08-25, 03:58   Link #2899
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
He always goes for the fight . GJ said it best. It's his instinct, so for Ichigo, fights>everyone.
Grimmjow was wrong. Ichigo has fighting instinct, if he didn't he wouldn't be alive right now, but he misperceived why Ichigo was fighting. That reason is quite obviously his friends.

I could probably find more examples but this was best shown by his readiness to abandon his fight with Ulquiorra as soon as Orihime was put in jeopardy.
Old 2009-08-25, 05:35   Link #2900
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I so love that, it's just classic

"GET OUT OF MY WAY!"

"Make me."
Closed Thread