Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
That reminds me though...

Spoiler for P3 Spoiler Mid-end game for precaution:

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 10:25   Link #482
Scarlett_Rain55

OOO if they've considered making a female protaganist for the PSP game, then maybe we'd be lucky if they put it in Persona 5. Hell yes! But only for the PS3....
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 10:48   Link #483
Neku
yare yare..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Kira01
Toriumi-sensei, Toriumi Isako..

She plays the forgotten MMORPG, "Innocent Sin Online" as Maya while she gives Minato the name "Tatsuya". Her alternative avatar is a reporter which she uses throughout P3 while her main avatar is never mentioned. However, these P2 references are only available in the NA version. In the JP version, they used the original Megami Tensei references instead: Y-ko and N-jima.
Wow. Awesome.
You're like a walking P3 encyclopedia

Yes, I love playing her social link. The most amusing one thus far.
Not to mention I named my character Katsuya the first time I played. I had the impression that the game probably randomizes the first alphabet.. it was only later on that I realize he'll be named Tatsuya anyway

Thanks for the PSP wallpapers btw

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo
So they change the system for movement
We can't freely move the character, it's now a cursor and select a person when talking and select the icon to exit the place, hum...
What about exploring Tartarus?
(stupid question (it shouldn't have changed), but.. just in case)
Old 2009-08-22, 16:09   Link #484
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
Wow. Awesome.
You're like a walking P3 encyclopedia

Yes, I love playing her social link. The most amusing one thus far.
Not to mention I named my character Katsuya the first time I played. I had the impression that the game probably randomizes the first alphabet.. it was only later on that I realize he'll be named Tatsuya anyway

Thanks for the PSP wallpapers btw

What about exploring Tartarus?
(stupid question (it shouldn't have changed), but.. just in case)
if you watched the videos on the link you'll see you walk around tartarus but i think it's just your MC walking this time not whoevers in your group
Old 2009-08-22, 16:11   Link #485
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
if you watched the videos on the link you'll see you walk around tartarus but i think it's just your MC walking this time not whoevers in your group
I can see other party members following the MC...

I'm just glad they didn't use P4's godawful camera angles.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 16:15   Link #486
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I can see other party members following the MC...

I'm just glad they didn't use P4's godawful camera angles.
my mistake.You prefer the P3's birds eye view?One thing I hated about P4 I hated was not being able to use various weapons,I always wanted my MC to be a strong street fightin martial artist not some samurai
Old 2009-08-22, 16:25   Link #487
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I just hate P4 in general.

I think I'm going to be disliking having to control my party members in this, as they're removing the useful AI functions, but at least I won't die due to Mitsuru's stupidity anymore...
Old 2009-08-22, 16:38   Link #488
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
Quote:
I just hate P4 in general.

I think I'm going to be disliking having to control my party members in this, as they're removing the useful AI functions, but at least I won't die due to Mitsuru's stupidity anymore...
You also hate Part time job, Statut Disable (the one that make you tired or super active), the full control of the party and Rise? T_T
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 16:58   Link #489
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
You also hate Part time job, Statut Disable (the one that make you tired or super active), the full control of the party and Rise? T_T
All these? Yes.

I liked making money simply through killing monsters, rather than have to waste my evenings doing crappy jobs.

I liked having my status be a limiter on my explorations of Tartarus rather than my SP.

I liked having the team make their own decisions in combat... except when Mitsuru got me killed, but hey.

Okay, yeah, I never liked Fuuka, but I never liked Rise either. Mitsuru and Teddie are superior support characters.
Old 2009-08-22, 17:44   Link #490
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Well, what can I say? People don't have to agree, nothing wrong with that. Personally, I loved P4's gameplay compared to P3's, and I'm happy to see P3P looking more like P4 in terms of gameplay.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 17:49   Link #491
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Personally, I loved P4's gameplay compared to P3's, and I'm happy to see P3P looking more like P4 in terms of gameplay.
I'll agree that it was generally better, and more streamlined like a modern RPG, but I thought P3's clunky nature was what made it distinctive. Bah, whatever.

I really think I'll enjoy not dying due to a certain party member's overuse of MARIN KARIN/TENTAROOFOO though.
Old 2009-08-22, 20:31   Link #492
Scarlett_Rain55

Mitsuru's Marin Karin/Tentaroofoo helped me out in random encounters sometimes though...Especially those mini bosses. The AI wasn't that terrible.
Scarlett_Rain55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-22, 22:16   Link #493
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlett_Rain55 View Post
Mitsuru's Marin Karin/Tentaroofoo helped me out in random encounters sometimes though...Especially those mini bosses. The AI wasn't that terrible.
Neither of those techs EVER hit unless you also have Charm/Confuse Boost, which she doesn't get.

If I want to charm enemies, I'll bloody make a persona that's designed to charm enemies. I don't want one of my allies wasting her turns charming when she could be, you know, getting 1Mores.

Early game, this is solved by setting her to Full Assault... but then she gets Mind Charge and always wastes one turn, and a bit of SP, doing that before EVERY SINGLE SPELL.

Mitsuru's AI is terrible. I remember she one-shotted herself when fighting Nyx Avatar... when I had her on Heal/Support.

-_-
Old 2009-08-22, 22:57   Link #494
Lime soda

I had alot of problems with the AI when playing FES. The small mistakes it made weren't too bad when I was playing on Easy/Normal mode but with the locked Hard mode on FES I was really frustrated when I needed precise actions at the right time.

If everyone had less then 40% HP and Yukari only had like 20% she would heal with the single full heal on herself. When it was the Boss turn everyone fainted from a physical attack except for Yukari. Normally, I would have the main character heal but he's the biggest and most important damage dealer. Alot of those fights were intense...

Or when I had a enemy that was shocked, Metis would attack the other Boss even when I had her on Knock down. When I chose single target, she only used elemental attacks on the shocked guy!

Anyway, I really had to let that out. I wonder if they made new all-out attacks art for P3P?
Lime soda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 03:45   Link #495
Shadow Kira01

Personally, I prefer P4 over P3 FES as that the story is brighter and the characters are mostly better. The soundtrack is also brighter too. The theme for P3 FES is pretty much gloom and doom, whereas the theme for P4 was something bright yet dark..

In terms of gameplay, P4 is best. In terms of story, I got to say that P2 was best as that both Tsumi and Batsu are connected making it like two games in one. Aside from that, the guys from the first Persona make lots of cameos. In fact, members from the original Persona appear as team members for both P2 Tsumi and P2 Batsu. This is the awesome part that never occurred with P4..

Between the new remakes of both Persona and Persona 3 Portable, I can't tell which is better as that I haven't played either yet. However, I didn't really like the story of P3 FES but then again.. The gameplay of P1 was plain horrible. The story of P1 involves the Sebec Incidents which is mentioned in P2 makes it all that impressive meaning that I like P1 more than P3 FES but the gameplay on the other hand.. Kinda disappointing... I hope the enhanced psp port will have new features that improves the overall gameplay of Persona. The menus need real improvements. Also, I don't like the 1st person perspective when walking in towns and dungeons, even though Shin Megami Tensei I was like that too. I like the P4 design when walking in towns and dungeons. I guess P3 FES's design when walking in dungeons was better than P4 slightly. P2 was okay now that I got used to switching to the map as often as necessary.

P2 > P4 > P1 Remake > P3 FES

Not sure where P3P will fit in..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
my mistake.You prefer the P3's birds eye view?One thing I hated about P4 I hated was not being able to use various weapons,I always wanted my MC to be a strong street fightin martial artist not some samurai
I agree. The only thing I don't like about P4 would be the weapon selection as that he can only use two-handed swords. Personally, I prefer one-handed blades, as well as fists and archery. The problem with two-handed swords is that getting "pre-emptive" is rather difficult whereas I always get the initiative in P3 FES using the Lucifer's Blade by piercing shadows. When it comes to fighting the Golden Hands, I switch to Bow and Arrow, it also has a high accuracy. However.. In P4, its just two-handed swords.. I always ended up with the "enemy advantage" problem.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 05:46   Link #496
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Personally, I prefer P4 over P3 FES as that the story is brighter and the characters are mostly better. The soundtrack is also brighter too. The theme for P3 FES is pretty much gloom and doom, whereas the theme for P4 was something bright yet dark.
Gotta understand that this was people's biggest complaint about P4.

I don't mind a brighter game, but... SMT isn't supposed to be like that.

And lighter stuff only really works when you go all the way and make it NOBLEBRIGHT and stuff. Only time P4 did that was in the final battle, and that's rather depressing for me.
Old 2009-08-23, 09:05   Link #497
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Gotta understand that this was people's biggest complaint about P4.

I don't mind a brighter game, but... SMT isn't supposed to be like that.

And lighter stuff only really works when you go all the way and make it NOBLEBRIGHT and stuff. Only time P4 did that was in the final battle, and that's rather depressing for me.
You got that right but..

Persona was never part of the Shin Megami Tensei series. It was a spinoff, a popular one at that. Nonetheless, considering that the rest of the series wasn't very "bright", I guess P4 was somewhat out of place for quite a number of people.
Old 2009-08-23, 17:35   Link #498
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 View Post
Nonetheless, considering that the rest of the series wasn't very "bright", I guess P4 was somewhat out of place for quite a number of people.
I can honestly see where people are coming from when they say this, though i personally quite enjoyed the visual side of P4, or as many people call it, the "bright"side. It appealed to my tastes, and worked quite well with the setting and musical theme of the game.
Old 2009-08-23, 23:31   Link #499
Shadow Kira01

The official site is now open!^^

I am somewhat surprised that Atlus actually opened up the official site early in the morning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I can honestly see where people are coming from when they say this, though i personally quite enjoyed the visual side of P4, or as many people call it, the "bright"side. It appealed to my tastes, and worked quite well with the setting and musical theme of the game.
Actually, I was just trying to come to an understanding with the other guy who downright disliked P4 due to its visuals along with everything else.

Personally, my view is the same as yours. P4 is pretty much the best game of the series. However, P2 had a better story due to how it was linked with the first Persona and also had a direct sequel that took place in a parallel world.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-08-24 at 00:57. Reason: updated.
Old 2009-08-24, 08:08   Link #500
d-one

don't worry I like P4 too because the story development is really nice and the character is more realism and more likable for me

I love P3 but I also love P4, The only complain that I have for P3 is tartarus that really makes me bored the more higher level i get but the dungeon in P4 makes me lazy to go there so I just go there once a month to finish the event and more interested to do the life simulation that I really like (hey, isn't this RPG where you go to dungeon and kill some enemy? )

in the end both have it's own pro and con so I think it's fine for people to have his/her own like and dislike for both title so I hope this conversation not turn into something dangerous like battle between P3 lover and P4 lover when we should talk about P3P instead
d-one is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ps2