AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

Old 2009-04-04, 17:52   Link #501
trakker
Comical Scamp

That went really well, great animation all the way through, and from the next ep preview, it seems to continue, I think the last "game to anime" i saw was Disgaea, Valkyria is 100fold better already X3

cant wait for the sub

Spoiler for spoiler:
trakker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 18:00   Link #502
typhonsentra

Oh wow, it already aired huh? Can't wait, hope I can keep at least one week ahead of the show at all times. :heh
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 18:45   Link #503
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You're a game player right? I say just watch it raw. You may be not be able to understand everything, though you'll know what's going on.

Guess it depends on how long you can wait.
Oh, I'm sure I could understand what's going on, but I really want to know what's being said.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 18:58   Link #504
Guppy

Hmm, interesting. Game-wise, they're pretty well racing through the plot cutscenes, but then it's hard to imagine how they could do anything else - Valkyria Chronicles was so cutscene-heavy that they wouldn't have any screentime for the actual battles otherwise.

Having played the game I'm pretty happy with that, since it gives them more time for character interaction, which was the one thing the game missed out on somewhat - since the minor side characters might or might not die at any point during the course of the game depending on how you did, they were never seen in the story cutscenes. (For game players - it looks like Susie got a bit of a head start on unlocking her potentials in this playthrough. )

As for the dialogue just before Isara unveiled the Edelweiss, it goes something like this:

Spoiler for ep. 1 ending:
(The ED and its chibis were amusing as all hell, too. LOL at Welkin being distracted by a butterfly, Isara's model tank on the shelf as she stitches her Darcsen doll and Selvaria stirring a pot on the stove. They'll probably have to change it halfway through the show's run, though, or it'll start to look really out of place.)
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:06   Link #505
Runty

Well, now that the first episode has been aired, maybe we can get a Valkyria Chronicles Board for all related topics?

I mean, FMA got one pretty damn fast...
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:10   Link #506
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Well, now that the first episode has been aired, maybe we can get a Valkyria Chronicles Board for all related topics?
One can only hope. Is there a way to go about consulting a mod about it or do they usually decide themselves which series will get a board.

Last edited by GuidoHunter_Toki; 2009-04-04 at 19:42.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:33   Link #507
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
If that is what Selvaria is doing that's pretty cute and so appropriate.

Is the ED on YouTube or anything by any chance yet?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 19:41   Link #508
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

awesome, loving it!

The OP is very nice, like that alot

The ED animation is good, I like the chibi look but I'm not sure on the actually song, well doesn't bother me so thats ok.

gotta admit I'm still having a little trouble shaking the image that Alicia = Kana Minami
not sure if thats a good or bad thing but I'll just have to wait and see, altho for me Alicia > Kana
Old 2009-04-04, 19:42   Link #509
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
If that is what Selvaria is doing that's pretty cute and so appropriate.

Is the ED on YouTube or anything by any chance yet?
Surprisingly, no one has uploaded anything from this episode to Youtube, aside from previews of the series as a whole. Someone needs to get to it. I'd do it, but I don't have the capability to segment the episode into parts.
Old 2009-04-04, 20:17   Link #510
OpenDoors

Stream for OP/ED (you'd have to scroll but I am sure you guys can figure it out)
http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2009...chronicles-01/

OP looks very nice =)

Now just have to wait for subs...

EDIT: Forgot to say the link has summary near the middle (but not close to the OP stream) so possible spoilers if you haven't played the game yet.
OpenDoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 20:39   Link #511
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
One can only hope. Is there a way to go about consulting a mod about it or do they usually decide themselves which series will get a board.
The mods themselves will decide if a series gets a discussion forum. There are several things they take into consideration in their decision such as diversity of topics discussed, number of people involved in the various discussions, number of on topic and relevant posts, etc. One thing mods hate is fans bugging them about such and such a series getting a forum. They keep a close on each new show's thread. They don't need any additional prompting from fans.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 22:01   Link #512
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
The mods themselves will decide if a series gets a discussion forum. There are several things they take into consideration in their decision such as diversity of topics discussed, number of people involved in the various discussions, number of on topic and relevant posts, etc. One thing mods hate is fans bugging them about such and such a series getting a forum. They keep a close on each new show's thread. They don't need any additional prompting from fans.
Well at the very least, they could make it so that this anime is no longer classified as "Unaired", since now that's a wrong designation.
Old 2009-04-04, 22:06   Link #513
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Fuhihi... Can't stop watching the knife scene....... Swing, swing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Well at the very least, they could make it so that this anime is no longer classified as "Unaired", since now that's a wrong designation.
Unaired also =Not subbed, so until it is subbed, it will stay in "Unaired".

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 22:08   Link #514
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Aha, it was really cool. I never played the game yet so I'm practically clueless. Both the OP and the ED are really catchy too.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 22:17   Link #515
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

so...let me get this straight..
Spoiler:
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 22:24   Link #516
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
so...let me get this straight..
Spoiler:
Don't know the original, but yeah, she doesn't know and there are two children for some reason.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 22:49   Link #517
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

The two children thing was the only akward part of this episode to me. It just didn't make any sense to me why they had them be kids.
Old 2009-04-04, 23:01   Link #518
sb075

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
The two children thing was the only akward part of this episode to me. It just didn't make any sense to me why they had them be kids.
They probably wanted to emphasize that Gallia is enforcing Levée en masse.
sb075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:05   Link #519
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

It's been awhile since I posted on here, but this was one series I was looking forward to as a gamer who loved Valkyria Chronicles.

Spoiler for comparison to game:

Overall an ok watch. I hope Largo and Rosie's new actors work out.
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 23:09   Link #520
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb075 View Post
They probably wanted to emphasize that Gallia is enforcing Levée en masse.
Thats one possible explanation. It was a key in the development of modern warfare, particularly in World Wars I & II. However it doesn't really get explained thats the case so it still will come out as silly. I mean unless thats there actual intent and people will get the reference.

Tags
sega