Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-09-06, 14:42   Link #321
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Both the vizards were only using their shikai, even though both of them must've known a bankai. And their vizard powers only lasted a few minutes, most of which they wasted on the menos for no real reason.
I wonder why didn't they use bankai. I understand they used there time on some weak menos (and I thought they would be able to hold there mask longer based on that) but they still could have used bankai.
Kyorkau's color game should be a bankai, but then again look at Aizen
Old 2010-09-06, 14:49   Link #322
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
I wonder why didn't they use bankai. I understand they used there time on some weak menos (and I thought they would be able to hold there mask longer based on that) but they still could have used bankai.
Kyorkau's color game should be a bankai, but then again look at Aizen
I still say that the only reason Shunsui didn't use his bankai is because it is a massive childrens trading card game and Kubo hasn't gotten the rights yet

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-09-06, 14:53   Link #323
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I still say that the only reason Shunsui didn't use his bankai is because it is a massive childrens trading card game and Kubo hasn't gotten the rights yet
I wonder if Aizen, Kyoraku, and Kira are going to release there over powered bankai all at once then all begin fighting each other lol
Old 2010-09-06, 15:00   Link #324
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
And their vizard powers only lasted a few minutes, most of which they wasted on the menos for no real reason.
And how!
Seriously were we supposed to be impressed by them wiping out those menos with their vizard powers? the fact that they apparently felt the need to use their masks for gillians only adds to the power level mess... Rukia and even Chad were able to prove that they could effortlessly beat opponents far stronger than that of a gillian(D'Roy and the guy with Afro)... honestly a Gillian should be considered child's play for any VC level fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
A children's card game...
Well hopefully when he realizes that Stark doesn't have any cards they can fight with Ancient Egyptian laser beams instead
Old 2010-09-06, 15:04   Link #325
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And how!
Seriously were we supposed to be impressed by them wiping out those menos with their vizard powers? the fact that they apparently felt the need to use their masks for gillians only adds to the power level mess... Rukia and even Chad were able to prove that they could effortlessly beat opponents far stronger than that of a gillian(D'Roy and the guy with Afro)... honestly a Gillian should be considered child's play for any VC level fighter

Well hopefully when he realizes that Stark doesn't have any cards they can fight with Ancient Egyptian laser beams instead
I think the vizard were just showing off to Aizen of course he wasn't impressed.

Kyoraku's bankai is a card name from Yugioh.
Kyroaku: Lets duel
Starrk: I give up I am too lazy to duel
Kyoraku wins
and thus all three espada lost because of Starrk's laziness.
Aizen slashed Halibel's cards all at once
Tia Halibel: 0

TO BE CONTINUED

Last edited by secretzfan; 2010-09-06 at 15:34.
Old 2010-09-06, 15:18   Link #326
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
And if they're still losing they can use the power of friendship, or they can play dungeon dice monsters, heres the rules: "Its just like duel monsters".

Doubt it would work on Aizen though, he would just screw the rules because he has wings.

Knowing Shunsui though he would probably just cheat and summon a bunch of monsters in one turn.

Attention duelists too many Yu Gi Oh abridged references in one post...about to explode...from friendship...

Ok back to the actual topic...aww crap what we're we talking about? Hmm...any spoilers yet?

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-09-06, 15:32   Link #327
JustRob

Quote:
And how!
Actually, in the first arc of Bleach when Ichigo fights a Gillian, Rukia shat her pants and said "it's not something a lone shinigami can fight". At that time, she must have already had shikai (before losing her powers), yet she defeated D-Roy without a lot of effort.

Conclusion is power levels don't make sense, and will rise or fall when it's convenient for KT
Old 2010-09-06, 15:34   Link #328
secretzfan
*Fansubber

No spoilers yet
Old 2010-09-06, 16:09   Link #329
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
Actually, in the first arc of Bleach when Ichigo fights a Gillian, Rukia shat her pants and said "it's not something a lone shinigami can fight". At that time, she must have already had shikai (before losing her powers), yet she defeated D-Roy without a lot of effort.

Conclusion is power levels don't make sense, and will rise or fall when it's convenient for KT
that's true. but she'd never seen one close before, and after all the soul society business i can assume she and everybody else went and did a little training.

"if ichigo can do it, hell, so can a full blood shinigami" is the logic.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2010-09-06, 17:29   Link #330
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
It's unfortunate, but even with that said, holding her own against a Captain and 2 VC lvl Vizards, simply just isn't good enough when she should've had the strength and speed to take them down just as easily as Aizen ended up doing to everyone later on. For instance, the way Aizen took down Lisa is exactly how quickly and easily Halibel should've had it the moment Lisa first went on the offensive. She shouldn't have been reduced to simply fending them all off.

Toshiro's a prodigy only in comparison to most shinigami's. However, he's no Ichigo. Ichigo is the only character in this series who seems to have the ability to grow exponentially stronger within only mere days or months at most.

Case in point here is that without a clearly explained and plausible power up (such as undergoing hollowfication or using "jinzen" to power up), there's no way Hitsugaya should've been able to improve so much as to go from being 6th Espada level at best to being able to hold his own against a released #3 given only roughly 2 months to train. Especially if you consider the fact that it's still taken him years to become as strong as he is now.

On another note, let's try to put what Slayerx stated into perspective a little bit.

Ichigo's base speed and strength (prior to his current power up) was already on an average Captain lvl--likely on par with Hitsugaya. He proved this the moment he quickly and easily took down several shikai wielding VC's unarmed.

He has a Bankai that specializes in high speed combat and makes him so fast, that not even one of the fastest among the Gotei 13 can keep up.

Now against a Bankai Vizard Ichigo, this speed increase (which should already be far beyond that of an average captain) only becomes significantly greater.

#4 at lvl 1 release alone was so fast, even Bankai Vizard Ichigo couldn't keep up. (This is the same Ichigo who should be several times faster than someone of Hitsugaya's caliber.)

So based on this, should Hitsugaya really have stood a chance against #3 if the power levels actually remained consistent and made sense?

If he didn't have to resort to Bankai, and he was still in good enough condition to take on Aizen afterwards, he couldn't have had it that hard.

Considering how long it took Hitsugaya to become as strong as he is now (which has got to be about 35 years since he's entered the Gotei 13), I'd say 100 years will probably make him 2.5 - 3 times stronger based on his current rate of growth. So if Shunsui feels he's somewhere between 2-3 times stronger than Hitsugaya, Stark should've still been able to wipe the floor with him if his strength level was represented the way Slayerx and I are suggesting. Because Halibel alone should've already been around 4-5 times stronger and faster than Hitsugaya.
You are trying to apply logic to bleach. epic fail man. epic. fail.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-09-06, 17:44   Link #331
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
It's unfortunate, but even with that said, holding her own against a Captain and 2 VC lvl Vizards, simply just isn't good enough when she should've had the strength and speed to take them down just as easily as Aizen ended up doing to everyone later on. For instance, the way Aizen took down Lisa is exactly how quickly and easily Halibel should've had it the moment Lisa first went on the offensive. She shouldn't have been reduced to simply fending them all off.

Toshiro's a prodigy only in comparison to most shinigami's. However, he's no Ichigo. Ichigo is the only character in this series who seems to have the ability to grow exponentially stronger within only mere days or months at most.

Case in point here is that without a clearly explained and plausible power up (such as undergoing hollowfication or using "jinzen" to power up), there's no way Hitsugaya should've been able to improve so much as to go from being 6th Espada level at best to being able to hold his own against a released #3 given only roughly 2 months to train. Especially if you consider the fact that it's still taken him years to become as strong as he is now.

On another note, let's try to put what Slayerx stated into perspective a little bit.

Ichigo's base speed and strength (prior to his current power up) was already on an average Captain lvl--likely on par with Hitsugaya. He proved this the moment he quickly and easily took down several shikai wielding VC's unarmed.

He has a Bankai that specializes in high speed combat and makes him so fast, that not even one of the fastest among the Gotei 13 can keep up.

Now against a Bankai Vizard Ichigo, this speed increase (which should already be far beyond that of an average captain) only becomes significantly greater.

#4 at lvl 1 release alone was so fast, even Bankai Vizard Ichigo couldn't keep up. (This is the same Ichigo who should be several times faster than someone of Hitsugaya's caliber.)

So based on this, should Hitsugaya really have stood a chance against #3 if the power levels actually remained consistent and made sense?

If he didn't have to resort to Bankai, and he was still in good enough condition to take on Aizen afterward, he couldn't have had it that hard
I believe Toshiro had no chance against Tia especially when Tia was able to break out his shards. She was able to withstand her fight with Hyori, Lisa,and Toshiro.

As for Starrk Kyoraku had a little trouble defeating him, but he didn't need to release his bankai as I said before his zanpaktou was too overpowering. The belief of Starrk should have ended along time ago. No one ever sees it as being like Aizen though. Whether it is Aizen, Kyoraku, or Unohana Tite was going to try and quickly defeat the top 3 Espada, but if someone who has a ability that is not so overpowering like Ichigo then it is diffrent thus Tite decides not to do this
Old 2010-09-06, 17:49   Link #332
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koguma za View Post
You are trying to apply logic to bleach. epic fail man. epic. fail.
Did you just single out my post and imply that I'm the only one in this thread "trying to apply logic to bleach"?
If so, not only is that an epic. fail. in and of itself, but you missed my point entirely. I've acknowledged logic doesn't apply to certain things in Bleach a very long time ago thanks to bad writing. In fact, what you quoted were statements of me trying to prove how illogical certain things in this series really are.

The people who it was directed at are actually the ones attempting to apply logic to justify some of the illogical outcomes to certain events.

Last edited by sayde; 2010-09-06 at 18:18.
Old 2010-09-06, 18:29   Link #333
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Did you just single out my post and imply that I'm the only one in this thread "trying to apply logic to bleach"?
If so, not only is that an epic. fail. in and of itself, but you missed my point entirely. I've acknowledged logic doesn't apply to certain things in Bleach a very long time ago thanks to bad writing. In fact, what you quoted were statements of me trying to prove how illogical certain things in this series really are.

The people who it was directed at are actually the ones attempting to apply logic to justify some of the illogical outcomes to certain events.
yo man soz. i couldnt have been bothered to read it all so i missed some facts you posted. could ppl please stop posting long replys and start mocking bleach again?

Old 2010-09-06, 18:32   Link #334
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
yo man soz. i couldnt have been bothered to read it all so i missed some facts you posted. could ppl please stop posting long replys and start mocking bleach again?
Your really only a one mind track type of guy never wanting too dig deeper esspecailly since with this latest chapter we look to see a more sensible info. Than just thinking Ichigo has gained a power up
Old 2010-09-06, 18:43   Link #335
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Your really only a one mind track type of guy never wanting too dig deeper
off topicyeah im lazy right now because its late this side of the world and i only got 5 hours sleep yesterday. P.S. im a girl.
in topic i think
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=...h 418#/d2y1oe2a hilarious parody to the latest chpt

Last edited by Chiisai Kuma; 2010-09-07 at 15:11. Reason: address scewed up
Old 2010-09-06, 18:51   Link #336
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
offtopicyeah im lazy right now because its late this of the world and i only got 5 hours sleep yesterday. P.S. im a girl.
in topici think
http://browse.deviantart.com/?order=14&q=bleach 418#/d2y1oe2 a hilarious parody to the latest chpt

your a girl

Anyway check here if you like manga chapter parody
http://brevincampball12.deviantart.c...ites/#/d2x8qs1
The age of funny parody chapters
Old 2010-09-06, 19:03   Link #337
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:

your a girl

Anyway check here if you like manga chapter parody
http://brevincampball12.deviantart.c...ites/#/d2x8qs1
The age of funny parody chapters
yes i am. what the hell did you think my soul reaper OC avatar was?

O gawd the aizen encylopidia's, i luv them. It would be awsome if Kubo ever saw the aizen encylopidia's

Last edited by Chiisai Kuma; 2010-09-07 at 15:11.
Old 2010-09-06, 19:14   Link #338
astrallionheart

Shunsui must be as fast as an arrancar VL is he can really hold his own in a sword fight vs the Primera Espada.
Old 2010-09-06, 19:23   Link #339
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrallionheart View Post
Shunsui must be as fast as an arrancar VL is he can really hold his own in a sword fight vs the Primera Espada.
It wasn't about speed it was his ability
Old 2010-09-06, 19:45   Link #340
Hav0kkx

Quote:
could ppl please stop posting long replys and start mocking bleach again?
This is "Bleach Chapter 418 Discussion" not "Lets be /b/tards and make fun of every chapter of bleach", although it does become that way at times.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter thread