AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-02-15, 13:43   Link #41
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Um... it hasn't been licensed. =) Quit starting rumors.

As for this episode... their translation of the title made me lol.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 15:31   Link #42
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

By the way is there any word on when the second season of MS Igloo shorts will be coming out?

Quote:
Just one question though, when they showed the Gundam, was that an actual footage from the original series digitized into this show?
I think it was new footage, it was meant to be the last moment of victim 'random number' of the Gundam.

Quote:
Then when the truth was revealed about the Zudah, then everything for that Major fell apart, the guy had so much hope for it but I think in the end he allowed his ego and pride get the best of him. Had he spent those last 4 years tweaking the suit then he might've stood a chance.
I actually didn't get what was going on.......was the Zudah supposed to be the exact same MS? Did they not bother redesigning it?

Also something I noticed, but those Balls...their design looked alot like the Federation Fisheyes.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 15:50   Link #43
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

igLoo DVD #4 Comes out the end of April.

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-02-15, 16:12   Link #44
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

You should probably upgrade your title to 'Lord Deackyness', you are a fountain of information.
Old 2006-02-15, 18:51   Link #45
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
I believe, the MS-04 and EMS-10 are the same, although with an engine like it has, I find it hard to swallow...

The Gundam scene seems like recorded footage from when Amuro disabled the monoeye of that Zaku in like Episode 1 of MSG.

The RB-79N will probably make it's appearance in Episode 4 which if I remember correctly the title included sea and Jaburo. The episode's weapon will probably be the QEX-04M Aegir listed at MAHQ.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 19:17   Link #46
Random Otaku
Anime-Ken

Send a message via ICQ to Random Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
I actually didn't get what was going on.......was the Zudah supposed to be the exact same MS? Did they not bother redesigning it?
The EF announcement said it was the same model that was scrapped four years ago, that was simply renamed and used for a very desperate piece of propaganda by the looks of things.
Random Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 19:25   Link #47
Scorch

Poor Zimmad corporation. The only good general usage MS they ever won a contract on was the Dom. The Gyan and Gogg both got sidelined, and now the Zudah as well.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode. The first is still my favorite because the pre-Gundam battles aren't depicted enough, but anything from a Zeonic viewpoint is always fun.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 21:31   Link #48
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch
Poor Zimmad corporation. The only good general usage MS they ever won a contract on was the Dom. The Gyan and Gogg both got sidelined, and now the Zudah as well.
Well, yeah, continuity already established Zeonic as the "main" MS manufacturer for Zeon during the OYW and the Dom series as Zimmad's only successful design, so this comes as no surprise...

However, its just so funny (and strange at the same time) to see a crappy looking suit like the Zaku I beat out the Zudah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Otaku
The EF announcement said it was the same model that was scrapped four years ago, that was simply renamed and used for a very desperate piece of propaganda by the looks of things.
That's pretty much it. The Zeon were about to lose Odessa, so they needed something to divert their attention and boost morale, as well as to intimidate the EFF guys. Didn't seem to work very well however (though the guy suspects that Zeonic leaked out the info)

I don't understand why they didn't just "propogandize" the Dom though, since they just started mass-producing it around the time of Odessa... Heh.
Old 2006-02-15, 22:06   Link #49
Commander 598
Zeonic

Quote:
I don't understand why they didn't just "propogandize" the Dom though, since they just started mass-producing it around the time of Odessa... Heh.
Because at the time, the Dom was a ground unit, and since they were diverting attention from Earth and the Federation had recently sent it's new mobile suits into combat, they were looking for space units.

Not to mention, Zeonic was working on the Gelgoog and Action Zaku, both technically superior units, either by cost or armament. The Principalty could have also been looking at the MS-18E Kämpfer in the near future as well...

There's just way too many better choices than a deathtrap that can't even use a beam saber.
Old 2006-02-15, 22:27   Link #50
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander 598
Because at the time, the Dom was a ground unit, and since they were diverting attention from Earth and the Federation had recently sent it's new mobile suits into combat, they were looking for space units.
Well, that makes sense... Though the OYW is now so convoluted that its hard to determine exactly how long after (or before?) Odessa did it take Zimmad to come up with the Rick Dom, especially considering how the Rick Dom II was designed and produced sometime in December after an evaluation of the original Rick Dom's effectiveness in the field.

I mean, the Gelgoog came out on Dec 8... So it must have been at least a few weeks after the Rick Dom was tested and sent for mass-production, right?

Whatever, there are plenty of theories (or facts I don't know about?) around this, so I won't pursue this point any further.
Old 2006-02-16, 02:59   Link #51
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

I have seen the first two episodes so far and I must say its quite refreshing to see a Gundam (the term very loosely) series that is almost realistic to actual warfare, right down to battlefield acquisition and sensoring (not like full blown video, but actual radar and IR imaging - I think).

It is also nice to see some good action sequences with the various mecha that everyone considers grunt. The motions of the battle is very believable in comparision to most recent stereotypical Gundam series. (I.E. More mecha action instead of super robotisms)

I also like how they have done the episodes so far. It is done with the perspective of an engineering unit and the trials they go through in their live fire testings on operational ground. The characters themselves seem to display a bit of nuiances of their personality here and there.

While the animation is not the best 3D there is, ITS A 3D full blown GUNDAM series! Me = happy!

I look forward to how this unfolds and the next episodes.
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 03:32   Link #52
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

One nitpick though, third episode shows battles amongst the escape pods, with scenes before showing just a bump causing a pod to explode. Yet the barrage of shells from the balls and mobile suits did not further the chain reaction of exploding pods?
Imaginer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 18:58   Link #53
Commander 598
Zeonic

It was a bit more than a bump...

Not to mention the flying debris is hardly carrying the force that the HOTOL was...
Old 2006-02-17, 19:00   Link #54
Scorch

There's a number of somewhat silly things in MS Igloo as far as realism/consistency, although it's still very cool to see. In episode 1, the Salamises (Salamai?) maneuver way too quickly for something of that size and bulk, and it's not in line with every other animation of them. In addition, the Battle of Loum took place amongst the colonies and resulted in the total destruction of Side 5, not in open space.

I'm just being nitpicky though, watching MS Igloo still thrills me
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 19:09   Link #55
Commander 598
Zeonic

I can explain Loum. Kinda. And those Salamis Class can be explained as well, especially since they are one of the smallest capital ships in all of Gundam.

For Loum, we saw the battle begin, but did we see it finish? I'd say everything either drifted into Side 5, or the Federation was so routed they fled to Side 5 and into a possible Zeon "trap".

The Salamis Class can be explained as either a slingshot maneauver, or that they aren't actually moving as fast as we think they are. Those flying stars that I hate so much can be deceiving.
Old 2006-02-18, 00:29   Link #56
BigPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch
There's a number of somewhat silly things in MS Igloo as far as realism/consistency, although it's still very cool to see. In episode 1, the Salamises (Salamai?) maneuver way too quickly for something of that size and bulk, and it's not in line with every other animation of them. In addition, the Battle of Loum took place amongst the colonies and resulted in the total destruction of Side 5, not in open space.

I'm just being nitpicky though, watching MS Igloo still thrills me
Most other animation of the Salamis class is at least a decade old (actually, most is over 20) and hand drawn, you just don't get capital ships maneuvering like that in hand-drawn animation. It's actually far more realistic to show them moving that way, it's how ships maneuver in space. Size and bulk really don't matter as long as the construction holds up and the thrusters can push it (and you don't need to push much, the lack of gravity and air resistance does wonders). Also, it's kept quite internally consistant within Igloo as Mobile Suits, mobile armors and other warships (including other Salamis class) are shown maneuvering in similar ways. In most cases, internal consistancy is what's most important and Igloo does maintain that consistancy within itself.

As for Loum, what we see in Episode 1 is something along the lines of what you'd expect from people expecting a new age of big guns in space, two lines of warships lining up to duke it out. Sort of a hyper-Napoleonic sea-battle or Jutland writ-large. What we also see is the battle going out of control almost instantly, even before Char's MS squadron enters the fray and redefines space combat forever. Since the idea was to intercept the Federal fleets just outside Loum, it's not hard to imagine that as the battle degraded, it entered into the Side proper, resulting in its destruction. Objects in space are always moving, even if keeping a relative position to one another. If the battle lasted long enough, the fleets might have drifted into Loum without even trying to simply because Loum drifted into them.
BigPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 01:53   Link #57
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

I really liked MS Igloo. The detail, the emotions, Tomino's vision, they all pretty much floored me. The grunt mobile suits actually look rugged and are battle tested, and the episode titles were great homages to the episode itself.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 08:19   Link #58
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://www.msigloo.net/pro/index.html

Yayfulness screenshots of the new MS Igloo: Apocalypse 0079 episodes.
Old 2006-02-26, 09:14   Link #59
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Episode 4 - I Saw the Ocean in Jaburo's Skies
Episode 5 - Surrmounting the Ridge of the Shards of Light

0_o;; These episode titles are lol...

Old 2006-02-26, 12:05   Link #60
Commander 598
Zeonic

Is that a Salamis class being launched from Jaburo?

The mechanics section has some new stuff...