AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-19, 10:06   Link #3281
casgoldsmith

Year 425 of the Armoured Dragon calendar.

At the Ranoa Magic University, a certain society was established; the Norn Greyrat Official Fan Club.

Numbering 30 members total, this group would go on to become an organisation that had a great impact on the Magic University.

The name of their First Generation Chairman is undisclosed.

According to one theory, the First Generation Chairman violated the rules that he himself had set; he had gotten in the bath with Norn, and was subsequently driven from his position before the third day had passed.

His name became the shame of the organisation, and was erased for eternity from the register of members.

casgoldsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 10:27   Link #3282
Lefay

Bit of catastrophe with DarkKaito retiring and Vanant considering leaving BT due to some ingrate

Series may be losing its two most chief translators
Lefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 10:48   Link #3283
laon
Hantai

Noooo

Oh and Light Novel Volume 4 seems to be significantly different than the web novel (but the basic story will stay the same), I suspect the thing about Rujield massacring the entire building left it pile outside and have Rudeus burn it is too much for publisher.
laon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 11:25   Link #3284
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefay View Post
Bit of catastrophe with DarkKaito retiring and Vanant considering leaving BT due to some ingrate

Well, I knew its gonna happen sooner or later that the translators would start to drop out due to one reason or another, but never would I imagine it would be the chief translator. I thought they would stick to the end.

I wish you well and thank you for been so kind in translating this light novel for all the non-japanese reader in this world.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 12:28   Link #3285
EmperorMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Well, I knew its gonna happen sooner or later that the translators would start to drop out due to one reason or another, but never would I imagine it would be the chief translator. I thought they would stick to the end.

I wish you well and thank you for been so kind in translating this light novel for all the non-japanese reader in this world.
Thank you translators for your much-appreciated work, hell I couldnt imagine what mushoku tensei would be without yall.

I enjoyed your translations of the holy book. May the three goddesses forever remember you.
EmperorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 12:34   Link #3286
Breimoon

Thanks to the translators and shame to the ingrate and fools .
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 12:45   Link #3287
EmperorMan

dang ingrates indeed, one translator leaving was bad enough, but two? oh three goddesses-sama have mercy
Old 2014-08-19, 12:48   Link #3288
PuddingGod
Despair's event horizon

Even though they're retiring, they're both still gonna hang around here, so at least we'll still have their guidance.

....man, I wish I could read japanese.
Old 2014-08-19, 12:51   Link #3289
EmperorMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingGod View Post
Even though they're retiring, they're both still gonna hang around here, so at least we'll still have their guidance.

....man, I wish I could read japanese.
oh ok ,well that makes it more ok
Old 2014-08-19, 14:53   Link #3290
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:

It's very sad that such a thing occurred especially Vanant, I really don't know Deadrye, but the issue of registration of chapters assigned to which translator is for the translators is for themselves to decide. Curious that each translator of this series have been in this thread and actively discuss with one another about the issue of it already and has been resolved. So I am wondering what is the issue if the translators themselves has already discussed and resolved the issue?

That been said, thanks for your hard work Kaito and Vanant. Thank you for continuing to watch over the project. Much respect, me and many others enjoy your work, may it continue at another time.

There are new chapters up, they all been interesting. Norm has a lot of character development when reading them. Roxy is adorable as ever. As well Luke getting knocked out was very funny.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 18:26   Link #3291
Nihgthawk

Quote:

From the info from both of there DevantArt pages they are not 100% done atm. They both say that they will finish all the the translations they registered to do so it's three(four?) more chapters for Dark and five for Vanant.

Seeming how summer is coming to an end I thought there would be a decrease in translation speed by all of the translators, this tends to happen every year. Summer starts and a few translators show up, once the new school term starts they go inactive or release chapters at a much slower/infrequent rate.

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2014-08-19 at 18:37.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 18:41   Link #3292
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Of course, its always that pattern. Its a shame that translation is slow, but we been spoiled a lot for the Summer. I think everyone can bear the slow translation.

Nevertheless, this Light Novel series translation is missing only 39 chapters. Its 80 percent translated so thus, its not so bad. Reread value is a great.

It is strangely quiet here in this thread however. I know we got some depressing news but guys, Kaito and Vanant don't want us feeling sad, they want us to have the same enthusiasm discussing topics and what we love about this series before the bad news.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 18:51   Link #3293
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Well it's kinda sad that there are gaps, but this thread pretty much fills in a lot of them. This series has been a very fun one to read and another instant favorite for this year.

Thanks for the fun summer folks.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 19:18   Link #3294
Xacual

I still don't see how it's an ingrate. Some guy on 4chan, to be nice, translated some chapters. Some other anon asked if he minded if they put in on BT. He said he didn't care, he just wanted to translate them for everyone. Some other anon says ok and takes the chapters over to BT and put them up because he doesn't know the stuff with how BT works with chapter registrations.

Honestly it seems like a big deal being made about something simple.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 19:41   Link #3295
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Is it true that Sylphy considered leaving Rudeus? And is Lucy neglacting her father and favoring Orsted instead?
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 19:41   Link #3296
PuddingGod
Despair's event horizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I still don't see how it's an ingrate. Some guy on 4chan, to be nice, translated some chapters. Some other anon asked if he minded if they put in on BT. He said he didn't care, he just wanted to translate them for everyone. Some other anon says ok and takes the chapters over to BT and put them up because he doesn't know the stuff with how BT works with chapter registrations.

Honestly it seems like a big deal being made about something simple.
Some people can't help being stiff pricks.
Old 2014-08-19, 20:26   Link #3297
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Ouuu... so many things to comment on...

First, yay; volume 20 is released on the 21st. Will resort to GT orz

Secondly, thank you pudding for the link to Dungeon. I was only reading the manga previously.

Lastly, thank you Kaito and Dormouse/Vanant for EVERYTHING!!! I'm pretty sure everyone here will be sad that you two are stopping but we'll just have to deal with it.

For Dormouse's situation, Deadrye may or may not have been the guy that tipped the boat but... FUCK YOU DEADGYE! YOU INSINCERE, ANALLY RETENTIVE PIECE OF SHIT!!!

and now I'm calm... I think. Still can't make a BT forum account or I would have posted it there =/

Last edited by Ahou; 2014-08-19 at 21:13.
Ahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 20:37   Link #3298
Weavern
Lurker

The core problem was/is that the BT system has rules and this snipe/hijack was a violation of those rules. It is one thing for someone to 'link' them. It is another to do something contrary to the rules, not inform the people who registered them (and the time spent working on it) then dick over the registration page with insensitive remarks. Followed by insensitive commentary on a personal page without trying to understand why anyone would be annoyed.

It could have been handled very differently, but it was not. Imagine if you had sunk a bunch of time into a project, were working on it, people knew you were working on it, and suddenly someone finishes it and posts it without informing you, then posts a "well why should you care I did this" type of message. It's in the same concept as scans sniping when a group is working for months/years on a project and suddenly all the effort they were putting in appears to vanish because someone released an inferior quality release just so people can read it, when they know you were working on it. Exceptionally disrespectful of the effort and hours/days of work that have been done previously.

From a leacher's perspective we might not care, but from the perspective of someone trying their hardest to bring us unwashed masses the work it is likely a major slap in the face.

I greatly appreciate the efforts the translators have put forward so far and wish them well for whatever future projects or academic struggles they will partake.

All that aside, I found the trick to creating a BT forum account is just to keep refreshing the question until it becomes answerable. Some of those questions were rather abstract.

Last edited by Weavern; 2014-08-19 at 21:01.
Weavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-19, 20:48   Link #3299
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weavern View Post
All that aside, I found the trick to creating a BT forum account is just to keep refreshing the question until it becomes answerable. Some of those questions were rather abstract.
Doesn't seem to work for me. After I refresh it, the same question pops up. It only changes after I get it wrong.
Well it doesn't matter too much. I can just chat here.
Old 2014-08-19, 20:53   Link #3300
Direwolf18

It sucks that we are losing some key translators. That's a real shame. Also BT has the stupidity log in procedures anywhere. I can only think that they are actively trying to discourage people from joining.
Direwolf18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel