AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-25, 02:02   Link #461
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

We all have the same comment for the past months and yet nobody holds the answers.
Old 2010-12-25, 02:09   Link #462
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

itsamystery.jpg

So I guess the author is still recovering from her injury? Or should we start wearing tinfoil over our heads and come up with nonsense theories to explain what's going on?

It's a killer, especially with that cliffhanger ...
Old 2010-12-28, 10:12   Link #463
M.Marangio

The author updated her blog: http://takenote.xsrv.jp/
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 04:33   Link #464
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

sub-par moon speak tells me that the author is thinking about bringing back the manga next year? need someone who can actually read to confirm though

I guess ANN were wrong?
Old 2010-12-30, 15:45   Link #465
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I guess ANN were wrong?
Not really. ANN said about the manga's return date not the manga itself. Unfortunately, nobody updated about it.
Old 2010-12-31, 04:00   Link #466
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

... your right, this was a pre-announcement to the actual announcement

(-_-#)

Ah well, maybe next year, since it's going to be the year of Typemoon, so it might be more suitable.
Old 2010-12-31, 21:26   Link #467
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Man, I want more Kannagi and tose otaku ruin the enjoyment for me. If you want your waifu so much, go make youself some doujin and lemon fics and you can have her all to yourself. I don't understand how in some shows, some characters can get mariried, have relationships and not others.
Old 2011-03-22, 11:56   Link #468
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I get the feeling this disaster hitting close to the author's home may inspire her to carry on with her manga:

Eri Takenashi's hometown of Shichigahama submerged; Hanabushi Shrine survives
Old 2011-03-23, 20:57   Link #469
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Maybe it will affect the direction of the manga itself...
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-24, 20:57   Link #470
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Maybe it will affect the direction of the manga itself...
I find that idea quite likely actually....
Old 2011-05-11, 09:32   Link #471
shaselai

how did she survive all those 2 years financially without writting manga? she's not that popular is she?
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 21:32   Link #473
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
About time. We had been waiting for a long time for this.
Old 2011-06-24, 19:05   Link #474
katsudon
Part Time Translator

yeah i'm sick of reading about nagi not being a virgin in DJ's and get the joke... i feel so ashamed....
katsudon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 00:44   Link #475
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Otaku are such a stingy bunch.
Old 2011-06-26, 04:05   Link #476
ZODDGUTS

To be fair the whole thing came out of nowhere can't blame the Otaku's being pissed. I'll be like reading Ah! My Goddess where Bell suddenly says she's not a virgin not what readers would expect out of that type of series. When reading Kannagi you wouldn't expect this sort of series to have a is she a virgin or not issue to be brought. Which is why Otaku readers feel like they were suckered punch by it thus the big ruckus.

Anyways it's not only an Otaku thing, same thing happened with Marvel/Spiderman. They made an arc a few years back about Gwen Stacy's, Peter Parker's first love. Where we get to find out the most loveable female character's in U.S. comics was actually a bit of a slut all along and that she got pregnant by Peter's archenemy Norman Osborn/Green Goblin while she was away in Paris and still dating Peter. This did not go well with readers and is considered one of the worst written series in the the past decade, even the writer of that arc says he hates it and admits it was a mistake. It ruined Gwen Stacy's character.

Actually that might have been worse. That was some NTR shit there.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 09:41   Link #477
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

If I remember correctly, there was no "is she or isn't she" issue in the Kannagi manga series itself, either. So, you see, we can blame the otakus.
And no comparison with the utterly horrible Gwen debacle - it's not even in the same league of affronts (that was some awfully bad written spiel, right there).

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 09:54   Link #478
Westlo
Lets be reality

The entire Kannagi issue is just moronic because..

Deity Nagi and Normal Nagi are different personalities, obvious to anyone who has only watched the anime let alone read the entire manga.
The current Nagi's body was crafted by Jin, knock on wood... she's still tight
The manga will more than likely end with Deity Nagi and current Nagi splitting, this ending was obvious even before the "drama"... you don't need to be a "Keima" to see the ending...

So lets get this straight, the Nagi that is a slut is a different personality (that at the end of the series will more than likely be split from the Nagi we see 95% of the time), had a completely different body (her god form?) and did it how long ago? Oh yeah, totally fucking top tier NTR material right here

I also find it funny how people who try to defend these pathetic otakus ignore that 2ch for the most part blasted the fuck out of these Nagi is a slut whiners. From what people were telling me most of 2ch went overboard when they went in on these poor virgin otaku. I find it totally annoying that some people are acting like the entire 2ch was on this nagi is a slut shit, most of it was just a meme done to make fun of this small fanbase of Nagi fappers who were legit mad lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
Anyways it's not only an Otaku thing, same thing happened with Marvel/Spiderman. They made an arc a few years back about Gwen Stacy's, Peter Parker's first love. Where we get to find out the most loveable female character's in U.S. comics was actually a bit of a slut all along and that she got pregnant by Peter's archenemy Norman Osborn/Green Goblin while she was away in Paris and still dating Peter. This did not go well with readers and is considered one of the worst written series in the the past decade, even the writer of that arc says he hates it and admits it was a mistake. It ruined Gwen Stacy's character.
Horrible comparison, yes the arc was bad (and boy spiderman has had some stinkers) but that's an absolutely horrible comparison on so many different levels. For starters the entire Gwen Stacy thing was so rage inducing because it was like digging up the corpse of an old dear friend who passed away a long time ago and desecrating it. Than it was what was done and no, that is just a horrible comparison and you should know it.

Last edited by Westlo; 2011-06-26 at 10:12.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 01:07   Link #479
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sometime when I wasn't paying attention, Bandai started releasing the English translation of the manga Kannagi, just picked up the first volume.

volume 1 (out now)
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/kann...shi/1100400067
ISBN-13: 9781604962673

volume 2 (release date - October 2011):
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/kann...shi/1100397456
ISBN-13: 9781604962680
Old 2011-07-29, 01:52   Link #480
ZODDGUTS

lol at the new chapter. Someone was butt hurt at the fans reaction for sure.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, shounen