AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-09-07, 09:25   Link #1
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Thumbs up Kino no Tabi Movie II (The Country of Disease)

From MOON PHASE
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20060907

This will be the 3rd Kino no Tabi anime and the 2nd time it's made into a movie.

SWEEEET~~~~~!!!
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 10:30   Link #2
Kensuke

Great news!
But isn't this a fourth Kino anime? There is a TV series, OVA and the first movie, or do they count series and OVA as one...

Well, this is something to wait for.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 10:38   Link #3
Lost

What OVA are you referring to?
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 10:41   Link #4
NeoSam

Great I'm really looking forward for this

Off topic:

And welcome back dreamless (were have you been? LOL)
Old 2006-09-07, 11:51   Link #5
Kensuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
What OVA are you referring to?
http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/603.html - the 12-minute special episode, or was it even an OVA, I don't know.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-07, 18:07   Link #6
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

So awesome. Can't read Japanese, so I have no idea what that page said, but more Kino = always good. An anime version of Gakuen Kino would also be more than welcome.
Old 2006-09-07, 20:17   Link #7
dreamless

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas
So awesome. Can't read Japanese, so I have no idea what that page said, but more Kino = always good. An anime version of Gakuen Kino would also be more than welcome.
That page basically says "Kino no Tabi anime movie production decided! This will be the 3rd Kino no Tabi anime and the 2nd time it's made into a movie. Will it be like last movie which only screens in one theatre? Will it be released on the same day as the Shakugan no Shana movie?"

Yup, More Kino = Always GOOD!!!
Old 2006-09-07, 20:35   Link #8
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Atleast your page Translates to Japaniese....mines is all ???????????
Old 2006-09-07, 22:36   Link #9
wao
OK.

OH SHI-! This is awesome!!! Yes! </fangirl>

No really, this is amazing. Kino no Tabi rocks! I hope the director will be the same as the TV series Cos the previous movie was more lackluster, IMO (although I only watched the entama version or whatever you call it)

I think the OVA is not really counted because it was more of like... a pilot film or something than an intended OVA on its own.

Moonphase is also wondering if it'll be screened at the same time as Shakugan no Shana. Bah, I couldn't care less as long as it's good . Although don't you think Kino looks unusually curvy in this picture?

(ps welcome back, dreamless! When I saw the thread I thoguht it was a regurgitation of some really ancient thread you posted about the previous Kino no Tabi movie, but then it turns out to be one about the new movie )
Old 2006-09-07, 23:59   Link #10
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

That 12 minute "OVA" episode 0 was intended as a promotion for the TV series, so it counts as part of that TV series. It is the episode 0 that comes before episodes 1-13

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 00:03   Link #11
Kikaifan
Blazing General

Awesome.

What's Gakuen Kino?
Kikaifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 00:11   Link #12
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Although don't you think Kino looks unusually curvy in this picture?
I didn't recognise that as Kino at first, maybe its the hair..? It looks purplish and much longer too. But yes she looks more curvy than usual. I think she looks older.
Old 2006-09-08, 00:47   Link #13
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

At least that looks more like her than the picture on the thinpak cover. That image is just everything that Kino isn't. Here's a picture of Kino looking dangerous and sexy.

That photo doesn't quite do the image justice, but you can see that the thinpak cover is even curvier than the movie picture on Moonphase. When I saw that on the cover of the thinpak I was thinking that it seemed they were trying to sell an entirely different show than the one I remember so fondly.

They're messing with the Kino I am so fond of.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 01:39   Link #14
Lost

Okay, I wouldn't mind Kino being like that, IF the movie was set when she was older. Because obviously such change (only the physical changes, the hair, the curves; not in attitude/mindset, I want Kino to be the same inside) would be neccessary. At least its a move to realism, the lack of which I felt was responsible for ruining Kino no Tabi to an extent for me.

But if they are doing that just to "sexualize" her for more market appeal I would be very very pissed.
Old 2006-09-08, 04:41   Link #15
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well that's why she's wearing hip huggers and and is pointing her gun that way. Sex sells.

I just hope that the rest of Kino makes it over here, including this movie.
Old 2006-09-08, 07:46   Link #16
wao
OK.

I think it would be very interesting to see Kino grow older in the show. This is one show where I wasn't looking at how realistic the settings were, but the individual stories and the meaning of those stories. And the way it was brought across... I guess this is one of those shows where I worship the story so much I don't really care about the rest.

Although this is just me theorizing, perhaps the style of those illustrations could be because of the original illustrator Kouhaku Kuroboshi (that was his name, right?). I think he's usually one of those more moe and cute-type illustrators (consider the fact that he's a co-illustrator for Sky Girls of all things) and so he interpreted Kino in that way, rather than the more serious and sombre way the anime did.
I don't mind Kino looking older at all, but I agree with NSW about that thinpak cover - that pose is so unlike her!! And the curviness of her butt...
It isn't an illustration only for Western releases, it was also on the 5th Japanese DVD
And out of pure off-topicness, interestingly he enjoyed Noein and drew a fanart of it as well... and he's a self-proclaimed hikikomori... but that's got nothing to do with anything.

Althoguh I sure as hell would NOT want to see an anime version of Gakuen Kino... from the short description I read here in Japanese (you can see a picture too), it's like a dark comedy come true - they seriously made a alternate-universe Kino in a high-school setting with a totally different personality and her having a secret side as a monster-battling gun-toting fighter... with a Really Popular Sempai to boot (in the picure at the link above; looks vaguely similar to the original Kino in Kino no Tabi?)
What the hell Kino no Tabi, school-comedified... I can't bring myself to watch it... ok, I'm taking it too seriously but still...
I'll just pretend I never saw it
Old 2006-09-08, 09:15   Link #17
Lost

I was just laughing at the thought of people buying the DVD expecting the eye-candy as the one on the cover and then getting disappointed to see an entirely different Kino. Hermes is so much more hotter Jk. Its not a question of hotness, Kino is Kino and as you said wao, its the story that is focus; I am disappointed that they resorted to drawing her more sexily. If it was confined to appearing as upcoming Movie Art or Fan Art it would be okay, but its actually appearing on the series DVDs and being used to sell them, so thats obviously a sad ploy to heighten the sex appeal, in the process misrepresenting the Anime Kino; no, in fact misrepresenting the whole series.
Old 2006-09-08, 14:03   Link #18
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

If this gets the rest of Kino over here, I personally don't care about the appearance of the cover art as long as it looks good, delas with the story not like the previous Nausicaa and looks like Kino. It looks cute actually. ADV has to make money off this title after all.
Old 2006-09-08, 16:38   Link #19
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Althoguh I sure as hell would NOT want to see an anime version of Gakuen Kino... from the short description I read here in Japanese (you can see a picture too), it's like a dark comedy come true - they seriously made a alternate-universe Kino in a high-school setting with a totally different personality and her having a secret side as a monster-battling gun-toting fighter... with a Really Popular Sempai to boot (in the picure at the link above; looks vaguely similar to the original Kino in Kino no Tabi?)
What the hell Kino no Tabi, school-comedified... I can't bring myself to watch it... ok, I'm taking it too seriously but still...
I'll just pretend I never saw it
Heh. On the Kino LJ, someone is summarizing it. It seems that it's a parody of magical girl anime and sounds hysterical. Shizu's magical boy name is Samoyed Mask.

http://www.google.com/notebook/publi...dSGKwQ3JTsydEh
Old 2006-09-09, 20:38   Link #20
dreamless

Kino indeed looks a bit older and even more mature (can that be even possible? ) than beore