AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-20, 16:55   Link #221
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

B'aw, this friendship shit is making me all hhnnnggg inside. :3

And there were tons of QUALITY in this ep. It almost bothered me.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-20, 21:37   Link #222
karuroso

What?! Yuka has a crush on a guy? If it starts to introduce other filth males as potential love interests, then its droped -__-
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 00:20   Link #223
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
What?! Yuka has a crush on a guy? If it starts to introduce other filth males as potential love interests, then its droped -__-
Why? And as a male, I'm insulted at being called filth.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 00:40   Link #224
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
I don't know if that's sarcasm or a prime example of what's wrong with much of the anime fanbase...

Anyway, I'd like to think of the rock as a metaphor for that time in youth where we thought everything was possible and everything we wished would come true. You know, like there was always a way to make what we want happen and to prevent things from happening.

The rock defies a reality that this group is afraid of. That makes it sort of sad when Saki takes the bullet to be labeled as a witch, even if say it was sort of in jest, just because she's leaving and no one would bother when she's gone.

Then again, Mahou Shoujo Saki complete with outfit ain't half bad.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 00:53   Link #225
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Anyway, I'd like to think of the rock as a metaphor for that time in youth where we thought everything was possible and everything we wished would come true. You know, like there was always a way to make what we want happen and to prevent things from happening.

The rock defies a reality that this group is afraid of. That makes it sort of sad when Saki takes the bullet to be labeled as a witch, even if say it was sort of in jest, just because she's leaving and no one would bother when she's gone.
Yet I fear if someone tries to wish that Saki won't have to move away, it will turn out badly... if anything happens at all, of course.

Or maybe not... Every wish the rock has granted has ended up helping the kids solve their real problems. Not directly (it's not like the girls' problem was that they couldn't fly, or that Natsumi and Saki weren't physically stuck together), but in a roundabout fashion. The flight stopped the argument the two were having, and set them up to believe in miracles. Getting stuck together forced Saki and Natsumi to cooperate, and eventually led to them making up. Yuka and Rinko is a bit more of a stretch, but them being stuck together did eventually help lead to the good end of this episode. Perhaps whatever power is in the rock is deliberately using seemingly arbitrary miracles to accomplish more helpful goals.

Or it could just be mindless, and the girls will screw poor Saki over when some of them wish for her to not have to leave.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 01:36   Link #226
leokiko

Quote:
I hope it does. I seriously hope. Seeing the reaction of crazy otakus will be awesome.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 02:09   Link #227
karuroso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Why? And as a male, I'm insulted at being called filth.
haha i'm a male as well =~ I initially didn't expected any yuri at all but after all the teasing so far I prefer if they don't intruduce any more guys as love interests, just Yuka is fine, It's not like they were all lesbians to being with
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 03:31   Link #228
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
haha i'm a male as well =~ I initially didn't expected any yuri at all but after all the teasing so far I prefer if they don't intruduce any more guys as love interests, just Yuka is fine, It's not like they were all lesbians to being with
Oh, I see. I misunderstood you. It might feel forced if all of the girls got boyfriends over the course of this series.

This series is, so far, not showing any indications of being a yuri anime. The "stuck together" scenes could be interpreted as fanservice, but nothing more.
Old 2012-04-21, 12:49   Link #229
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Episode 03, my green haired waifu has eyes for another...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 3

So Yuka has a crush on someone and sadly for mangatron it's not him. Can't wait to see his reaction

Rinko's reaction on the other hand, clearly she is jelly
lol my reaction:

I would have made that bigger because I was like WHAAAAT.....There's no way she can fall in love with a guy who is obviously older than her!!! Well, besides me, but forget about that, look at Rin's face, if Yuka hooks up with some other guy, that means Rin will be alone, and then....... I, her shining knight in armor, swoops in and sweeps her off her feet! Good idea! *runs*

Speaking of me being NTR'ed in this series, what the heck was with that Yuusuke stalking my Saki-chan? STALKER! Still a child and already a criminal, why this ought to teach him what will happen to those who mess with my waifu:
Images
if mangatron was the director
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
*runs*

When is she going to move? I know there's such a thing as a 30 day notice before one gets re-assigned or something, but.... aren't they packing already? Is she going to move by the 6th episode? Does that mean I won't get to see her in a swimsuit? What about her bath scene? You can't have a Natsumi bath scene without a Saki bath scene!!! RAWR *mangatron's brain explodes*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Saki looked super erotic/delicious quite mature for her age in those scenes
You! Stop thinking dirty thoughts about my waifu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
We seem to have finally gotten a good look at Saki's "normal" personality in the episode after the drama of the previous one. Her cool and refined behavior makes her quite attractive.
You too! Stop looking at my waifu!
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 13:02   Link #230
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
When is she going to move? I know there's such a thing as a 30 day notice before one gets re-assigned or something, but.... aren't they packing already? Is she going to move by the 6th episode? Does that mean I won't get to see her in a swimsuit? What about her bath scene? You can't have a Natsumi bath scene without a Saki bath scene!!! RAWR *mangatron's brain explodes*
Hey now. There's still a chance that Yuka will invite the other girls for a dip at her bathhouse. I certainly wouldn't mind that in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
You! Stop thinking dirty thoughts about my waifu!

You too! Stop looking at my waifu!
Saki sure looked dazzling in her witch attire, huh, Mangatron?

Old 2012-04-21, 13:47   Link #231
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

lol, that smile creeps me out.
Old 2012-04-21, 14:58   Link #232
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Saki showed a great side of her. We are getting a love interest for Yuka? I guess that is fine since it will make this show drift away from an all female cast slice of life show. Anyway, this was actually a good episode and it had some great laughs. It's turning out to be a good show.

It is stupid for people to drop this show when there is a love interest involving one of the main girls with a guy. So I'm guessing a lot of the fanbase is furious about it like the Otakus which I find it funny.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 15:35   Link #233
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C View Post
I guess that is fine since it will make this show drift away from an all female cast slice of life show.
What would be the problem if it was? It's a perfectly valid genre capable of producing great entertainment as much as any other in the varied medium we enjoy.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-21, 18:14   Link #234
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
What would be the problem if it was? It's a perfectly valid genre capable of producing great entertainment as much as any other in the varied medium we enjoy.
There wouldn't be a problem either way, I just want something different for once.
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 11:37   Link #235
Zwill
Young Padawan
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zwill
I genuinely enjoyed the first two episodes, but now I'm cursing Sunrise to mess up the animation of the third. I have no idea what they were doing, I wouldn't be surprised if they outsourced it to some random studio. Character designs were off by a mile. Also don't know if anyone noticed but Yuka made a pretty strange wish she was actually granted.
Spoiler for Secret wish:

At the end of the day I seriously couldn't care less if Yuka falls in love or not or she gets her head cut off by Rinko. Sunrise, bring me back my animation ffs!
Zwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:15   Link #236
sikvod00

Holy crap! Nice catch with the fingers...or is that bad catch? That's...really bad. Maybe they outsourced the animation to aliens.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:17   Link #237
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Welp kind of glad I made the call early on to make Accel World my only Sunrise show of the season. They always seem to have an A and a B show with the A show looking much better than the B show, which sometimes even looks really bad...and I think it's safe to say this was the B show...at least this week.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-22, 12:30   Link #238
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

On the bright side, the full version of Non stop road is just fuckin fabulous.

edit: No, the whole CD is.
Old 2012-04-22, 13:11   Link #239
Sol Falling

I do like the music for this series. Appropriate, given that the voice actresses are actual idols. The OP and ED for this series feel a step up compared to other series I've picked up this season on a general level.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-23, 05:19   Link #240
dr_marronflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meo Twister5
I don't know if that's sarcasm or a prime example of what's wrong with much of the anime fanbase...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio C
It is stupid for people to drop this show when there is a love interest involving one of the main girls with a guy. So I'm guessing a lot of the fanbase is furious about it like the Otakus which I find it funny.
Hey!! Just because I dont like the same things that you all like doesnt mean that Im wrong or Im stupid. (Well, maybe Im stupid... but not for THAT reason!! :P).

Honestly Im watching this for the possibility of yuri. Im not even asking for a canon explicit yuri romance, seems that the anime industry lately in incapabble to do that (I cant believe that they left in just subtext the relationship of Miku and Hibiki... and Yomi and Mato... GAAAH!! Grow a pair, for Madoka's sake!). I can live with subtext.

But if they going to start sinking my ships... They gonna take all my fun and hopes!!

Im going to see what happens in the next. Hopefuly is not what seems to be... or Rin become jelly and fight for her love. I mean, Sunrise has done lesbians before.
Nah... Im delusional.

Tags
seinen, slice of life, supernatural