AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 06 Rating
Perfect 10 18 14.06%
9 out of 10: Excellent 27 21.09%
8 out of 10: Very Good 46 35.94%
7 out of 10: Good 18 14.06%
6 out of 10: Average 9 7.03%
5 out of 10: Below Average 1 0.78%
4 out of 10: Poor 1 0.78%
3 out of 10: Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10: Painful 8 6.25%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-10, 10:07   Link #21
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata View Post
Tieria seems too anal to punch someone. More likely to be sarcastic and provocative. I suspect Lockon punched Setsuna (more of a wake-up call...)

I think Tieria would be more the type to shoot somebody rather than punch them.
Old 2007-11-10, 10:14   Link #22
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
I see. So were you screaming "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" when you heard about him being the character designer huh...?
You know... Yun Kouga is a "her", not a "him".
Old 2007-11-10, 10:29   Link #23
withered_joy
虫酸が走るわ!!

Quote:
I see. So were you screaming "Hallelujah! Hallelujah!" when you heard about him being the character designer huh...?

I'm not certain that Setsuna thought Ali was dead btw. Just my impression.

As for Setsuna vs Ali, if we assume Setsuna loses (seems reasonable given him being punched next ep, though there are other possible reasons for that) then I think Setsuna will either realise that Ali is not the guy he thought he was and get overly fired up, or freeze up in confusion of the situation. Which would you prefer?

I wouldn't be surprised if it goes something like: Setsuna is losing and Ali is driven off (probably by Lockon). The mission may well be aborted (can't risk Gundams losing), and everyone goes back to base. Setsuna eventually regroups and the battle is resumed and this time Setsuna is able to drive off Ali. Given that Ali has the backing of a company that does weapons development, I expect him to get some rapid upgrades. He doesn't seem the type who is killed off quickly.

Tieria seems too anal to punch someone. More likely to be sarcastic and provocative. I suspect Lockon punched Setsuna (more of a wake-up call...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
I think Tieria would be more the type to shoot somebody rather than punch them.
Well...since brightman already mentioned the gender of Yun Kouga, I'm not going to repeat it. I can see where you got your assumption from, though. I mean, those breasts are huge.

I'm not sure if Setsuna really got punched or not, but it looked like he did so I said he did. Or he wouldn't be lying on the beach with that downcast expression of guilt and etc (unless they snatched his gundam and threw him into the ocean and he somehow didn't die and got washed up on some shore instead Nah, Graham is going to be the one to kidnap Exia.) And for Setsuna's thoughts about Ali (which I wrote he thought the beard-guy was dead)...just ignore my random assumptions filled with errors. They don't always make sense.

Lockon!to-the-rescue...sounds probable.

I think Ali's MS is good enough, unless they want to pull another Graham MS stunt and take off limiters. Maybe Graham and Ali will duke it out over who gets to pwn Exia in the future hahaha.

As for Tieria...now that you mention it, he seems more like the type to vaporize people with some powerful weapon. I mean, look at Virtue.

Last edited by withered_joy; 2007-11-10 at 10:40.
withered_joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 10:32   Link #24
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by withered_joy View Post
As for Tieria...now that you mention it, he seems more like the type to vaporize people with some powerful weapon. I mean, look at Virtue.
He doesn't seem the type to get his hands "dirty" like the others, he just sits back and annihilates everything in his way by pushing a button.
Old 2007-11-10, 10:35   Link #25
7Th
Mixtape

What the hell is Sunrise animation production doing?
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 10:37   Link #26
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
What the hell is Sunrise animation production doing?
Obviously they took a holiday during the production of this episode. But come on, after seeing the preview for this episode, I expected as much.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 10:43   Link #27
Wen
Chocolate Filled

I felt that the girls were quite distracting in this episode...It almost make me forgot that there's some kind of conflict going on Graham appeared for like 5 sec...
Grrrr, I need more Graham and Lockon love...

I'm looking forward to Ali vs. Setsuna (or the lack therefore of)

(I didn't notice the animation/art production at all) *go rewatch the episode*
Wen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 11:37   Link #28
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

This episode feels more like an introduction to a bigger problem. AEU and private army country obviously tries to challenge the Celestial Being, with the Gundam Meisters answer it immediately. Lockon cheats by using Haro to control Dynames's shield cloak

Sumeragi really has big breasts, way too huge. I'm pretty surprised that she knows Billy and the professor. It seems that she was a battle forecaster for Union before 'that incident' occurred.

Ali is a kinda hot blooded guy who will always talk about money, and he's pretty charming too. Oh, and Patrick, at least he knows how to dodge Virtue's cannons

I wonder what will happen to GN Beam Daggers Exia threw in this episode. Nice melee action by the way, Exia

Looking forward to the next episode. Setsuna VS Ali!
Old 2007-11-10, 11:49   Link #29
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
This episode feels more like an introduction to a bigger problem. AEU and private army country obviously tries to challenge the Celestial Being, with the Gundam Meisters answer it immediately. Lockon cheats by using Haro to control Dynames's shield cloak
Hmmm is it just me or are there quite a bit of 'grunt' pilots around that are capable of taking on the Gundams ?

I also like the idea that each faction tackles the Gundam problem in a different manner.
Union - Technology
HRA - Enhanced super soldiers
AEU - A private army

Sure the AEU's choice is a little weird (I mean having to hire another army to do a job your guys can't even do) but it's something.

Quote:
I'm pretty surprised that she knows Billy and the professor
Oye, I'm getting Mistao and Kaji vibes here.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 11:54   Link #30
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Both AEU and the PMC possess something the other desire. AEU wants PMC's technology to help their space colony development while PMC needs AEU's military help in fighting off Celestial Being. It's a fair trade. But do they really think the combined force can defeat the Gundams?
Old 2007-11-10, 11:56   Link #31
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Hmmm is it just me or are there quite a bit of 'grunt' pilots around that are capable of taking on the Gundams ?

Sure the AEU's choice is a little weird (I mean having to hire another army to do a job your guys can't even do) but it's something.

I think all the Gundam Meisters are getting their own personal enemies.

Setsuna = Ali, Graham, Sergei, Patrick?
Allelujah = Soma.
Tieria = ?
Lockon = ?

And I think it suits the AEU's position as being the weakest of the superpowers that they have to rely on outside help, it sets them apart from the other two at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Both AEU and the PMC possess something the other desire. AEU wants PMC's technology to help their space colony development while PMC needs AEU's military help in fighting off Celestial Being. It's a fair trade. But do they really think the combined force can defeat the Gundams?
The PMC has a better chance at beating the Gundams than the AEU does. But what would you expect when their best pilot has an undefeated 2000-win record in....simulation battles?
Old 2007-11-10, 11:59   Link #32
Bocca
Banned

Wow! Looking good there, Sumeragi-san.
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 12:00   Link #33
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

I also like the idea that each faction tackles the Gundam problem in a different manner.
Union - Technology
HRA - Enhanced super soldiers
AEU - A private army

Oye, I'm getting Mistao and Kaji vibes here.
I think AEU wants to take advantage of this conflict in hope that the Union and HRL take each other out and have the PMC be a terroist group, that way the AEU could easily rule the world while making it look like that they are staying out of this conflict.

As for Billy and Sumeragi's relationship, yeah it seems like a possible Kaji and Misato relationship. The question is what happened and whether it will follow the path of Evangelion (which means Setsuna might have a streak with women in ther mid-20s
SuperAsuradaGundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 12:03   Link #34
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAsuradaGundam View Post
The question is what happened and whether it will follow the path of Evangelion (which means Setsuna might have a streak with women in ther mid-20s
Hmm, with the large number of female characters I wonder if Sunrise is planning on having Setsuna imitate Lelouch and his, err....collection?

And the first thing I thought when I saw Allelujah locked in that room was: psycho ward!
Old 2007-11-10, 13:07   Link #35
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

$%^& wtf was I watching? Gundam wing with lots of huge boobs?
(ノ ゚Д゚)ノ ==== ┻━━┻
Old 2007-11-10, 13:25   Link #36
ashlay
the red string of fate

Am I the only one who noticed that all the CB girls have a costume change in every single scene?

uh....anyway, I like the direction the show is going in now (vs episodes 1 to 4), but this episode really ends up being nothing but build up to next week's interaction between Ali and Setsuna and the fallout from that. Also, I controlled the urge to start talking about FMP references with Setsuna, but Ali is starting to push it. -_-
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 13:37   Link #37
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
Also, I controlled the urge to start talking about FMP references with Setsuna, but Ali is starting to push it. -_-
Hmm, I wonder if Ali's hair might be hiding a scar in the middle of his forehead, hmm?
Old 2007-11-10, 14:00   Link #38
Geass
~Power of the King~

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I don't really think that they will become "real" enemies. Judging from the last episode, it seems like when they get close to each other they both loose their mind, until one of them passes out... and then they can't fight.
Hard to judge, Allelujah didn't really lose his mind, he just switched to a different one.
Old 2007-11-10, 14:04   Link #39
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Haven't watched any FMP, I have no clue who this guy you are referring to. The way this guy speaks, the skill level he probably will display and the mecha he pilots definitely remind me of Isamu Dayson.
Old 2007-11-10, 14:51   Link #40
Bocca
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geass View Post
Hmm, I wonder if Ali's hair might be hiding a scar in the middle of his forehead, hmm?
Well, Sergei already has that position filled.

It seems like Graham is a loner when even his buddy Billy already has one....

I was hoping for a Graham x Sumeragi...
Bocca is offline   Reply With Quote