AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 00:37   Link #2421
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

You know, I felt really rather bad for Ichigo this chapter. I dunno, but I just don't like this new ass-hat trainer. Urahara was at least tolerable and wasn't exactly kicking the dog while he was down like this guy. Which is why I hope that the first thing that Ichigo does when he gets back is to punch the guy so hard, his teeth turn to dust.

And poor Unohana. This was just a no-win situation for her. If she dies now, she got one of the worst send-offs a character could get. On the other hand, it is also entirely possible she gets to be revived (much like our friend Byakuya) which means all of this was effectively pointless and leaves absolutely no impact on the story. I admit I was excited when it was revealed that Unohana was the first Kenpachi. That was quickly ruined with this "fight".
Old 2013-02-21, 00:44   Link #2422
SeanQ

I just wished Kubo just made this black guy more straight forward so we can move on with this training session...now we gonna have 20 boring chapters of ichigo laying in bed thinking "wtf was that guy talking about?" You'd think with Quincies preparing to attack at any time...these moron zero squad would be smarter and less time wasteful than ss but ... I kinda wish Quincies attack the royal palace and just kill them ...
Old 2013-02-21, 02:47   Link #2423
Langus
Optimus Prime

What a waste. There was so much potential for Unohana's character. Nothing's gained from her dying now except a convenient wrap up to a fight Kubo no longer felt like drawing.

I don't even care what Zaraki's zanpakto is called. I love the guy exactly for his lack of tedious BS details. Don't know bankai? No problem! Don't know my sword's name? No problem! He just doesn't give a f*ck ever and goes out there and breaks sh*t. The uncomplicated battlelust is what makes him entertaining to watch.

I straight up laughed out loud that Renji "beat" Ichigo. I love the guy, but if tattoo boy is going to be SS's saving grace they deserve to be destroyed by the Quincy.
Old 2013-02-21, 03:50   Link #2424
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post

I don't even care what Zaraki's zanpakto is called. I love the guy exactly for his lack of tedious BS details. Don't know bankai? No problem! Don't know my sword's name? No problem! He just doesn't give a f*ck ever and goes out there and breaks sh*t. The uncomplicated battlelust is what makes him entertaining to watch.
Exactly. This is exactly the reason why I like(or liked, I'm not sure now) him too. His fights are the most enjoyable. No "I will protect you/him/anyone" BS, just fighting for the sake of it.

Kubo probably ruined his character for me after this.

About Unohana, as I said before - Kubo, I got to words for ya, SUCK IT!!
Old 2013-02-21, 04:13   Link #2425
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I mean Ichigo is so close to his sword, that the Quincies were not able to steal his Bankai.
I'd assumed that it was due to the latent Quincy powers in his soul, protecting Tensa Zangetsu from being stolen (and later activating to break the cage and also to save him from Bach) - it would be hilariously broken if it turned out it didn't work because he wasn't in his proper bankai form (i.e. post-training) or something, though, although that would also be a huge sign of critical mass in terms of trolling
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 07:00   Link #2426
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
I straight up laughed out loud that Renji "beat" Ichigo. I love the guy, but if tattoo boy is going to be SS's saving grace they deserve to be destroyed by the Quincy.
It is funny you should mention that since even on page 17, as Mr. Ass-hat is sending Ichigo away, Renji's face contorts into something akin to "Oh crap. I am boned again aren't I?" Guy just can't catch a break, can he?
Old 2013-02-21, 07:14   Link #2427
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
I'm looking forward to his bankai. It's Zaraki, he's not the "I've got tons of abilities" guy. He's the "oh, you have a sword? I have a sharper one!" guy. Right now he's like a walking nuclear bomb. I expect his bankai to be a planet smasher.

Although my speculation is telling me that he's been using his bankai all along, sort of. Like I said, I see him as a mirror for Ichigo, and I think Kubo does too. Ichigo's bankai is just "more, better". What does Zaraki do, what has he done all these chapters as everyone else gets new abilities? He just hits them harder. He can only do that by raising and lowering his power level, right?
Old 2013-02-21, 07:49   Link #2428
Langus
Optimus Prime

Man I'm really missing a "like" option right now. I'd be likin' all of these posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
It is funny you should mention that since even on page 17, as Mr. Ass-hat is sending Ichigo away, Renji's face contorts into something akin to "Oh crap. I am boned again aren't I?" Guy just can't catch a break, can he?
Renji knows in his bones he's nowhere close to Ichigo's level so I completely understand his oh sh*t face. Whatever training guy says, he's going to continue to have his a*s handed to him. It's been pretty much par for the course in the way Kubo writes him since the SS arc. At least then he was fighting for Rukia. What the heck is he fighting for now apart from SS itself? There's no personal connection there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I'm looking forward to his bankai. It's Zaraki, he's not the "I've got tons of abilities" guy. He's the "oh, you have a sword? I have a sharper one!" guy. Right now he's like a walking nuclear bomb. I expect his bankai to be a planet smasher.

Although my speculation is telling me that he's been using his bankai all along, sort of. Like I said, I see him as a mirror for Ichigo, and I think Kubo does too. Ichigo's bankai is just "more, better". What does Zaraki do, what has he done all these chapters as everyone else gets new abilities? He just hits them harder. He can only do that by raising and lowering his power level, right?
You've got Zaraki spot on. He's definitely the "my sword is bigger than yours" type. This last chapter with Unohana suggests that Zaraki's power level has always been superior and it was intentionally shielded so you might be on to something with that bankai thing. It's not like they give out the title of Kenpachi to everyone so his initial power level must have exceeded the others from the get go - enough that Unohana was able to pick him out at a very young age. He's essentially a prodigy in the same way that Hitsugaya is a prodigy, except that he throws all the rules out the window.
Old 2013-02-21, 10:29   Link #2429
itachi-san314

I laughed when unohana suggested that zaraki fight renji for fun... what is hanatarou too busy?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-21, 17:09   Link #2430
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Well, If Ichigo has been sent back to earth maybe Isshin will reveal some stuff finally.
Old 2013-02-21, 17:22   Link #2431
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Especially after his brilliant idea to use his bankai after watching the VR destroy Byakuya. There's some Captain Commander material right there. /sarcasm

I like Renji but he's as smart as a box of rocks. Too bad Kubo couldn't leave B dead as he should be, because Renji probaly could've made an all right captain one day.

And one day later, I"m still pissed off at how Kubo treated Unohana. If this is how the female characters are going to fare for the future, then I will have to seriously break my crack addiction to this shitty series.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:12   Link #2432
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Especially after his brilliant idea to use his bankai after watching the VR destroy Byakuya. There's some Captain Commander material right there. /sarcasm

I like Renji but he's as smart as a box of rocks. Too bad Kubo couldn't leave B dead as he should be, because Renji probaly could've made an all right captain one day.

And one day later, I"m still pissed off at how Kubo treated Unohana. If this is how the female characters are going to fare for the future, then I will have to seriously break my crack addiction to this shitty series.
There are no female characters of consequence left in the series. When's the last time you saw a girl have a meaningful speaking role in this manga apart from Unohana just these last few chapters? It's been a while. A long, long while. Every female character with any sort of potentially important role (Yoruichi, Nel, Rukia, even Orihime) were written out/left to hang in the wind ages ago. It's truly disappointing. Each of those characters on their own has the potential to add an incredible dose of interesting to what's left of this story.
Old 2013-02-21, 19:30   Link #2433
itachi-san314

^yea, rukia, nel and yoruichi all fizzled out a long time ago into filler characters. even halibel was one of the more simple and boring espadas. kubo either cant write or doesnt like to write women. it's pretty obvious and also similar to kishimoto and toriyama. they can only create female characters, but cant seem to keep them interesting or complex
Old 2013-02-21, 21:29   Link #2434
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

At least Yoruichi still has something of a shot left to fulfill though I"m sure Kubo will shit on her even more than he did when Team Urahara fought Aizen. Love how she's the only one who didn't recover right away...if it weren't for that anime filler arc, I would've seriously thought she was dead.

I can't get too mad about Halibel since she really wasn't in it that much, but I love how we haven't seen the Three Amigas since Opie apparently killed them....Nel too. I don't even remember Opie even TOUCHING her and she's Out.

Must...stop....reading this nonsense.
Old 2013-02-22, 00:41   Link #2435
MC117

No unohana!!! I wanted her to live and I wonder if ichigo will merge with his zanpakuto again.
Kubo be trollin, why kill unohana now? it was dumb from SS to do that especially now...

Last edited by MC117; 2013-02-22 at 00:52.
MC117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 02:00   Link #2436
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC117 View Post
Kubo be trollin, why kill unohana now? it was dumb from SS to do that especially now...
but wouldn't it be the ultimate troll to have SS act wisely? everything they do is borderline retarded. the whole rukia/aizen debacle. the vizard debacle. yama-jii not healing his arm. the 4 captains using their bankais and then renji following suit. it's all been mindless nonsense from SS
Old 2013-02-22, 12:05   Link #2437
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

One should note that Ichigo has been getting fast tracked through his powers the ENTIRE SERIES. It makes sense imo why he lost.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-22, 14:11   Link #2438
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
One should note that Ichigo has been getting fast tracked through his powers the ENTIRE SERIES. It makes sense imo why he lost.
I agree with this. the hiphop RG is trying to teach ichigo a tough lesson about exactly this. renji has put in the time with his zanpakutou and training in general. ichigo has more or less been using cheat codes to advance through the levels of the greatest shinigami warriors. i dont think the hiphop RG actually believes what he's saying to ichigo. he's just trying to change his mindset. i do believe that if ichigo can't change the way he does things then he won't be allowed back, but he of course will do whatever is necessary to advance past this stage of improvement
Old 2013-02-22, 15:42   Link #2439
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

We all know Ichigo will succeed in the end anyway...it is a shonen series afterall...but holyyyyyyyyyyyyy moly wouldn't it be the ultimate troll if Kubo makes the SS lose again to the VR after all of this?

And since Ichigo isn't there in the SS at the moment, I suspect Bach and co. will be making an appearence again soon...which will be fine actually because at this point, the SS are fucking up left and right and Shunsui doesn't seem to be doing anything different than Yama did.

I wanted to see Shutara and Black Monk's cities!
Old 2013-02-22, 20:39   Link #2440
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wait, why did Bach and the VR abandoned Soul Society if they were a second from killing everybody else there? Was Yamamoto the only one they wanted?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter