AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-24, 16:10   Link #21
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

If it's romance then, there is a lot of hand holding going on with Haruto and Saki.

Haruto usually initiates it first while Saki loves to intertwine their fingers together.

(I sound like a sap)
Old 2013-06-24, 16:28   Link #22
Bern-san

If the person writing the show was someone else I wouldn't doubt that the couple will be Haruto x Shouko, but even if Shouko manages to survive I don't think they'll end up together as much as I want them to.
Saki and Haruto's friendship is one of the best of the series despite certain events, you feel how much they trust each other but I don't think they'll end up together either. I think she will be like Kallen from Code Geass although Saki certainly has done more things with Haruto than Kallen ever did with Lelouch.

Random girl x Satomi x Takahi is amusing, especially with Takahi's moments with Haruto

Although the true love triangle is A-Drei x L-Elf x Haruto
Old 2013-06-24, 18:03   Link #23
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Unerclassman(I know she was named!!!)
Iori Kitagawa
Old 2013-06-24, 20:49   Link #24
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Iori Kitagawa
Well we know what to put on the memorial if she doesn't survive the attack
Old 2013-06-25, 04:41   Link #25
Destined_Fate

If she dies I expect her to confess or try to confess before the end so Satomi can angst over not noticing before it was too late which will make it harder for Satomi and Takahi to bound because he'll be guilty over it.
Old 2013-06-25, 05:23   Link #26
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

I find it hilarious on how Satomi has a troubled (sort of) romantic relationship with three damsels known as Takahi, Akira (though her relationship with Satomi isn't romantic and had to do with the fact they are siblings) and Iori. I wonder if Iori's death will cause Satomi's will to grow harder or just as hard as Haruto did when Shoko's supposed death happened, except we know that Satomi didn't need to have space vampire powers.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2013-06-25, 09:19   Link #27
Fjoergyn

Satomi is going to die is irrelevant in history

L-elf and Saki might be a good dysfunctional couple, both have a tragic childhood and their temperaments are explosive, so fans Shoko x Haruto take a breather, I think if they put two couples as protagonists for a reason.
Old 2013-06-25, 10:04   Link #28
Destined_Fate

They would have to have Saki actually talk to L-Elf for anything to even develop. As the series progressed Haruto has been spending less time with Shoko and more with Saki while Shoko has spent less time with Haruto and more with L-Elf due to circumstances for both characters that has pushed them away from each other.
Old 2013-06-25, 11:49   Link #29
Fjoergyn

We have no idea who will make the October season, and if there will be conflicts between the protagonists, I prefer not rule anything out with this anime
Old 2013-06-25, 12:03   Link #30
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Just be done with who is going to pair up with who, I don't want next season flip-flopping over the relationship. All pairing for season 1 should be FINAL, period. Next season just need a bit more development on the couples and focus more on the main-story line. Okouchi isn't a good writer when it come to romantic, so he should be done with ASAP and focus on what he does best.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2013-06-25 at 13:02.
Old 2013-06-25, 13:01   Link #31
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

The romance is one of the weaker aspects of the show, and I would love for them to put that to the side so they can focus on more important matters. But I don't see it happening. Love triangles are easy sources of drama.
Old 2013-06-25, 13:13   Link #32
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
The romance is one of the weaker aspects of the show, and I would love for them to put that to the side so they can focus on more important matters. But I don't see it happening. Love triangles are easy sources of drama.
And sex, do not forget that detail
Old 2013-06-25, 13:18   Link #33
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
And sex, do not forget that detail
But of course it would add more to the relationship drama. Maybe we'll get a scenario like Kimi no Iru Machi? Haruto as Haruto, Shoko as Yuzuki and Saki as Asuka.
Old 2013-06-25, 13:30   Link #34
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Just be done with who is going to pair up with who, I don't want next season flip-flopping over the relationship. All pairing for season 1 should be FINAL, period. Next season just need a bit more development on the couples and focus more on the main-story line. Okouchi isn't a good writer when it come to romantic, so he should be done with ASAP and focus on what he does best.
The Empire and the developing Country under Shoko should take front and center as should the vampire craziness. They've set it up for Haruto x Saki and Shoko x L-Elf as this season is winding down. We don't need a bunch more angst over it when a lot of questions over important stuff is still left unanswered.
Old 2013-06-25, 13:33   Link #35
Fjoergyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
But of course it would add more to the relationship drama. Maybe we'll get a scenario like Kimi no Iru Machi? Haruto as Haruto, Shoko as Yuzuki and Saki as Asuka.
Yosuga no Sora
Old 2013-06-25, 13:37   Link #36
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Yosuga no Sora
Shoko does have a lot in common with Nao (childhood friend) and Akira (her personality)

Saki reminds me of Sora to an extent as well.
Old 2013-06-25, 18:12   Link #37
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
As far as romances are concerned, this is what we know...

Haruto and Shouko are close friends, and have some romantic feelings for each other. However, for various reasons, it is difficult for them to act on them.

Saki has some level of attraction towards Haruto.

Haruto has made a marriage proposal to Saki. He at least likes her enough that he's willing to spend his life with her, though he almost certainly loves Shouko more than he does Saki.

Satomi and Takahi have some degree of fondness for each other, and the potential for romance is there, but something is holding it back.

Satomi has a female admirer named Iori, apparently.

L-Elf cares an awful lot about the Dorssian Princess, but the exact nature of his feelings for her are uncertain.

I think this is it. Have I missed anything? Keep in mind that this is just what we know.

There's also what we may suspect.

With that in mind, I notice that some think there's romance brewing between L-Elf/Shouko. I don't really see it myself, though I guess it's possible. For those seeing this between the two of them, which scenes do you think point towards it?
Old 2013-06-25, 18:23   Link #38
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
As if this point, there are no actual romances. Yet. But there are potential romances, like the aforementioned one between the three leads. It still begs to be seen just where Sunrise writers will take those potentialities, particularly in the wake of Haruto's spur-of-the-moment decision at the end of the last episode (so old fashioned~).
Old 2013-06-25, 18:27   Link #39
Sasukeuzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Saki has some level of attraction towards Haruto.

Haruto has made a marriage proposal to Saki. He at least likes her enough that he's willing to spend his life with her, though he almost certainly loves Shouko more than he does Saki.
it?
Actually what I had in mind with that is, Haruto wants to take responsibility for raping Saki. So what better way is there than to propose marriage? It's one of most obvious choices for gentlemen who knock women up.
Anyways, it's not like Saki gave Haruto much of a choice. She kept on avoiding the moments where Haruto could apologize and refused to hear it from him. Her goal may have been to be with Haruto, but she didn't expect to hear a marriage proposal so soon.
Old 2013-06-25, 18:32   Link #40
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

@Triple_R

I don't really see it either. Like you said it is possible. I just think they're gonna drag out this Haruto-Shoko-Saki triangle to get drama.

Even these last few episodes, I would have preferred to find out more about the situation on Dorssia. Maybe show what's going on with the princess.