AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 25 24.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 24.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 23.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 13.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.95%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.98%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.99%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-05, 09:42   Link #41
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

rated it 10. If it weren't for the swimsuits which I got a fetish on I'd rate it 9.

Spoiler for CENSOR!!!:

pretty much manga based episode.
Old 2009-06-05, 10:35   Link #42
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well... plot and music-wise... completely and utterly pointless and... almost wasteful.

Except maybe 16:22, which was epic lulz... but by far the worst episode of the series... and as Ascaloth said, emphasis mine, everything was pretty much all over the place.

Anyway at least episode 10 looks like it'll be serious. I mean come on not changing your guitar strings? I have a friend who changes it like every 2 months. It's like holding a 20sec falsetto and having a Coke after.
Old 2009-06-05, 11:13   Link #43
ucit

this episode is pretty lame.... the plot does not growing much.... n also much face mimicry in this ep than the other ep.
Old 2009-06-05, 11:35   Link #44
Wyxor

I like the part when Ritsu busted Azusa said something bad about her being sketchy and all rofl

Old 2009-06-05, 11:47   Link #45
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

I'm grateful they are giving Azusa this development or screen time to make up for her late appearance in the series.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-06-05, 12:16   Link #46
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Wow, nearly everyone get equal moe screentime this episode.

Except Sawa-chan, who belongs to a more "mature" type of moe.

Mio - Despite Azu-nyan's appearance, she shows why she's still well loved. Poor Mio, even if you have large hands, I still love you!

Mugi - Beneath her seemingly mature ojou-sama exterior is a wild laid-back girl wanting to get out.

Yui - She doesn't even need to do anything new. Yui just continues to be moe as long as she continues to be herself.

Azusa - Continues to impress. Despite looking serious, she's the one who had the most fun and had her skin tanned the most. Nearly mistook her for Mio when she had her hair down, though as Sawa-chan puts it, there is a way to distinguish between her and Mio, though you'll risk getting killed.

Ui - The way she completely adores her sister is where her charm lies. Though she ought to see Azu-nyan as a rival for her sister's affection, the way Yui keeps hugging Azu-nyan.

Ritsu - She is the catalyst behind Mio's moe, so can't leave her out as well. Also LOL at her sleep talking about "cabbages".

Trivia: Speaking of cabbages, is this Kyo-Ani showing off their prowess in drawing a cabbage? For those who don't know, "cabbage" is now a by-word for poorly done animation among the otaku community in Japan.

Finally, for those with NicoNico, I dare you to watch the whole 9 minutes of Yui rolling around cutely calling "Ui~! Ui~!" without going crazy. (This probably makes a great avatar or sig as well. )
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7253879

(So far it's not yet on YouTube, so you'll have to wait)
Old 2009-06-05, 14:36   Link #47
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Finally, for those with NicoNico, I dare you to watch the whole 9 minutes of Yui rolling around cutely calling "Ui~! Ui~!" without going crazy. (This probably makes a great avatar or sig as well. )
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7253879

(So far it's not yet on YouTube, so you'll have to wait)
After survive the 10 minutes of ranka's Nyan Nyan and the whole 10 minutes of yui's Untan Untan, i can manage everything
Old 2009-06-05, 14:43   Link #48
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Except Sawa-chan, who belongs to a more MMILC type of moe.

Mio - Despite Azu-nyan's appearance, she shows why she's still well loved. Poor Mio, even if you have large hands, I still love you and want to take you home and share my bed with!

Mugi - Beneath her seemingly mature ojou-sama exterior is a wild laid-back lesbian wanting to get out and use her MugiVision (thanks Ascaloth for creating the term) to create epic yuri-ous scenes.

Yui - She doesn't even need to do anything new. Yui just continues to be moe as long as she continues to be herself, lie around and do nothing.

Azusa - Continues to impress. Despite looking serious, she's the one who had the most fun and had her skin tanned the most. Nearly mistook her for Mio's moelicious nekomimi sister (due to being a lolistic petanko) when she had her hair down, though as Sawa-chan puts it, there is a way to distinguish between her and Mio, though you'll risk getting screams and a loud NYAAAA~ (Ritsu & Mugi will assist whenever possible xD).

Ui - The way she completely adores her sister (aka unrequited siscon love) is where her charm lies. Though she ought to see Azu-nyan as a rival for her sister's affection, the way Yui keeps hugging Azu-nyan.

Ritsu - She is the catalyst behind Mio's moe and exposure of her closet / subconcious exhibitionist tendencies, so can't leave her out as well. Also LOL at her sleep talking about "cabbages".
I made a few important amendments to your post.

Quote:
Trivia: Speaking of cabbages, is this Kyo-Ani showing off their prowess in drawing a cabbage? For those who don't know, "cabbage" is now a by-word for poorly done animation among the otaku community in Japan.
Ah yes, now that you mentioned it. The leaves must have been seen as "hard to draw" so Kyoani decides to show off after ballistically arming the Fuji twins in the Clannad Extra Ep.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2009-06-05, 15:03   Link #49
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I thought the popular term was Yashigani?

Anyway, not sure they have much to brag about with this series animation wise.
Old 2009-06-05, 16:40   Link #50
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

A warm and fuzzy beach episode.

Azusa's fitting in finally.

I don't see what's the deal about not seeing them play. It might be delayed until the school festival episode.
Old 2009-06-05, 21:41   Link #51
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Not the worst episode of the series, but it was pretty bland and felt almost exactly like the previous beach episode with added characters. I'm not even irked at the fact that they just continue to tease us with musical development only to kick us in the balls most of the time, it lies with the overused and not so funny gags and scenarios they continue to recycle. I'm also confused as to why Mugi is a main character when she seems to be more background character material than even the clerk at the guitar shop.

I did like the continuous building of character relationships and pairings this episode provided. I'm really going to have a hard time choosing which duo I like the best, as I like Yui and Ui, Yui and Ritsu, and Mio and Asuza all for very different reasons.

Ui and the little scenario at the very end with Yui and Asuza has saved K-ON! for another week once again.

Last edited by Tamad; 2009-06-05 at 21:57.
Old 2009-06-05, 22:01   Link #52
orion

Okay, I just watched the KnO ep.1 (part of the CoalGuy's download). That guy posts on AoD (zangetsu22) and Youtube (kenshinboy22).

Edit:
Kno ep. 1 = Message to Weaboos Part 1
It's kind of sad really, especially after this video. Didn't someone commit suicide due to egging online or something?

Last edited by orion; 2009-06-06 at 00:58.
Old 2009-06-05, 22:23   Link #53
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

@SaintessHeart,

It's nice to be so flattered, but I'm afraid I'm not the type to take credit for something I didn't create.

Old 2009-06-05, 22:26   Link #54
Friday
Im shy too...

it was a very bland episode.......

the best part was for me was....

when Ui didn't recognise Azusa with the tan!!!!!
Old 2009-06-06, 00:17   Link #55
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

Well the good news is after the last episode this one could go nowhere but up for me. True this one was really nothing special, but at least it was quite a bit more tolerable this time. Some obvious recycling with the gags (from the last summer vacation episode), but it snuck in a good one every now and then. Character bonding was nicely done especially that bit of guitar practicing at the end there with Yui and Azusa. Pretty much what I came to expect out of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Not the worst episode of the series, but it was pretty bland and felt almost exactly like the previous beach episode with added characters. I'm not even irked at the fact that they just continue to tease us with musical development only to kick us in the balls most of the time, it lies with the overused and not so funny gags and scenarios they continue to recycle. I'm also confused as to why Mugi is a main character when she seems to be more background character material than even the clerk at the guitar shop.

I did like the continuous building of character relationships and pairings this episode provided. I'm really going to have a hard time choosing which duo I like the best, as I like Yui and Ui, Yui and Ritsu, and Mio and Asuza all for very different reasons.

Ui and the little scenario at the very end with Yui and Asuza has saved K-ON! for another week once again.
It's become too much of a common occurence now that complaining about it is like beating a dead horse at this point. It's sad really but at least the festival is coming up soon and they wont short change us there...

Spoiler for Manga spoilers:
Old 2009-06-06, 00:26   Link #56
faervas

I would not call it Bland. I would say subtle. This episode is actually very important in the series, as someone said earlier "it shows us how far the girls have grown as a group". important stuff has happen and it's shown to us.

Spoiler for relationships:

Really what are these clubs about? They are about finding common interest with other unknown people and making friends. I think that's the Anime is focused on this aspect of these girls lives.

Those of you who are complaining about not enough time actually seeing them play music. I think you would be greatly disappointed if that would happen. Think back to the day's of Josie and the pussycats. what we would get is the same 10 shots over and over again. back of head shots pan and scan. People would then complain at the lameness of the music playing. Why are the OP and END such a big deal in Anime because they are good to great quality music video's. They take an enormous amount of time to produce. coming up with 15 originals just a lone is not easy. God forbid they repeated a few to save time and money. I suspect the main reason for not having fresh new OP and END is the time and money was spent on music of the performances. I know people have an allusion that Anime is produced with limitless resources, but they are produced with limits on time budget and talent.

I want more Mugi

Last edited by faervas; 2009-06-06 at 00:29. Reason: add spoiler tag
Old 2009-06-06, 02:37   Link #57
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Spoiler for the thing they took off the manga:

I guess this will be included in the dvd's and minus the steam censors.
Old 2009-06-06, 02:56   Link #58
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by faervas View Post
I would not call it Bland. I would say subtle. This episode is actually very important in the series, as someone said earlier "it shows us how far the girls have grown as a group". important stuff has happen and it's shown to us.
This entire show is anything but subtle. That's part of the problem it has going on with it's gags and character interactions for some like me. And I still don't have that sense of comraderie between the girls that I am probably supposed to be getting from all of this. All I've gotten is each ones individual character gag and how that relates to another given character and I will say that the only episode to even began to hint at trying to approach the idea of the girls sharing some sort of bond as the K-On club was episode 08 during the performance. And it just happened to be all sorts of cliche rather then subtle or sincere.

Show is honestly about as deep as a wading pool that just sprung a leak in the liner when it comes to the characters and their relationships with each other, but I suppose it is what it is.
Old 2009-06-06, 06:28   Link #59
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Spoiler for the thing they took off the manga:

I guess this will be included in the dvd's and minus the steam censors.
I seriously doubt the groping part was cut out. KyoAni doesn't seem to be the type to pull gratuitous fanservice.
Old 2009-06-06, 08:15   Link #60
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
I seriously doubt the groping part was cut out. KyoAni doesn't seem to be the type to pull gratuitous fanservice.
This show isn't aiming for that level. Keeping it clean gets a better R1 deal.