AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-05, 21:13   Link #121
iceyfw

i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or that is really a spoiler. care to tell which one? the latter will make me one furious guy wanting to curse you for life. this is directed to uruz 7 on the last post of page 6. not going to quote it.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 21:23   Link #122
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
i can't tell if you're being sarcastic or that is really a spoiler. care to tell which one? the latter will make me one furious guy wanting to curse you for life. this is directed to uruz 7 on the last post of page 6. not going to quote it.
It is a joke. You don't really think The Last of Us will end with memorable moments from Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3, do you?
Old 2013-06-05, 23:59   Link #123
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Every site is giving it a 10. For one the monsters are not zombies. 2 it's survival action as they said it and 3.Great Graphics, storyline, gameplay, you name it this game has it.

Also since we're joking around the new Superman is Joel.

http://www.blastr.com/sites/blastr/f...?itok=YA4vJhPA
Old 2013-06-06, 00:25   Link #124
LeoXiao
思想工作

I'd say the monsters are even worse than zombies. Leaving aside their aesthetics, you can't neutralize them simply by killing them, since there is still the issue of leftover spores. They'd have to equip everyone with NBC suits and flamethrowers to claim any land back.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 04:11   Link #125
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Perfect scores everywhere!

Quote:
IGN 10/10
Eurogamer 10/10
Eurogamer IT/Sp 10/10
Edge 10/10
CVG 10/10
Destructoid 10/10
Gamereactor 10/10
VideoGamer 10/10
thesixaxis 10/10
ibtimes 10/10
PS-Lifestyle 10/10
Digital Spy 10/10
Machinima 10/10
Digital Fix 10/10
Post Arcade 10/10
GiantBomb 5/5
Old 2013-06-06, 04:18   Link #126
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

My god perfect scores!!! is this gonna be the best game ever made????

Im definitely buying this one
Old 2013-06-06, 04:36   Link #127
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Oh boy here we go....Expect to have alot of people complaining and calling the game overrated due to the vast amounts of perfect scores regardless if it's truly a great game or not.....There's always gonna be something to complain about to someone out there especially when it comes to the ones who will do their best to discredit something with high scores.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 04:43   Link #128
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

GOTY here we come!!! Naughty Dog does everything so perfect

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 05:04   Link #129
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Perfect scores everywhere!
Not at Polygon.

With that being said, Polygon haven't quite lived up to the hype... A good gaming site, but it lacks what makes the Verge an excellent all-rounder tech site. ( except for reviews, they suck at those as they're the same old 'RUSH REVIEWS ASAP" )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 06:12   Link #130
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

In advance, this is not about the game itself but the state of game reviews:

Got similar feelings I had with Bioshock: Infinite - Game or interactive Movie? I don't mind the lines blurring but why is it that only games which focus on plot, immersion and character development get these ridiculous perfect scores lately.
It seems to me that game critics write way too much based on their emotions right after playing such a game without sitting back and taking a rational look at the subject - a 10/10 shouldn't even exist, ever.

- a militant advocate of gameplay
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 06:35   Link #131
DingoEnderZOE2

But isn't it more about the overall experience and enjoyment you gain from a game? Gameplay is all well and good but it's all about the overall package.

With that logic it would make more sense for more and more games to get a perfect score WITHOUT PEOPLE COMPLAINING.

P.S. One of my personal perfect score games, is Zone of the Enders 2. Because that game was a HUUUUGE treat for me from beginning to end and gameplay was a blast for me.
Old 2013-06-06, 07:55   Link #132
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
GOTY here we come!!! Naughty Dog does everything so perfect
That'd be because they don't rush their projects. I knew this was gonna be a GOTYer right away.
Old 2013-06-06, 13:32   Link #133
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

The point is that no game is perfect, and hence no game should get a 10/10.
Old 2013-06-06, 13:42   Link #134
Dirty_Harry

Game Spot give a 8.
Dirty_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 14:25   Link #135
DingoEnderZOE2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
The point is that no game is perfect, and hence no game should get a 10/10.
My point is no game is widely accepted as perfect by most or all, but there will always be games that are 10/10 perfect to a certain amount of people. Just like there will always be people who has that urge to want to discredit multiple high to perfect scores by "professional reviewers".

That being said with the high amount of perfect scores this game is getting, now my expectations are going to be high.....
Old 2013-06-06, 14:54   Link #136
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I think a game getting a perfect 10 or perfect 100 is just fine. I've seen different magazines and gaming sites explain that games that get perfect scores aren't completely perfect and utterly flawless, it just means that they are unparalleled by nearly any other game and are basically as good as games get; relative to anything released around the same time of a game getting a perfect score, or anything released prior to it. This last point is important to note. In 1998, Metal Gear Solid and Zelda:Ocarina of Time got perfect scores from many reviewers. Today, you wouldn't find reviewers giving those two games perfect scores, but those two games were stand-out, ground breaking titles at the time of their release, and were deserving of the very high scores they received.

So The Last of Us is not completely perfect and without a single flaw, but it is a ground breaking video game for 2013. And who knows how well it will age. But in 15 years from now, many will not feel it is a 10/10 game anymore, but I bet people that played it and loved it 2013 will feel "Yeah, that game was great for its time!".
Old 2013-06-06, 17:11   Link #137
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
I think a game getting a perfect 10 or perfect 100 is just fine. I've seen different magazines and gaming sites explain that games that get perfect scores aren't completely perfect and utterly flawless, it just means that they are unparalleled by nearly any other game and are basically as good as games get; relative to anything released around the same time of a game getting a perfect score, or anything released prior to it. This last point is important to note. In 1998, Metal Gear Solid and Zelda:Ocarina of Time got perfect scores from many reviewers. Today, you wouldn't find reviewers giving those two games perfect scores, but those two games were stand-out, ground breaking titles at the time of their release, and were deserving of the very high scores they received.

So The Last of Us is not completely perfect and without a single flaw, but it is a ground breaking video game for 2013. And who knows how well it will age. But in 15 years from now, many will not feel it is a 10/10 game anymore, but I bet people that played it and loved it 2013 will feel "Yeah, that game was great for its time!".
Pretty much everything you just wrote is also true for titles that "just" get a 9 , at least that's how it was before 2013.

I wonder what's next on the review scale. I've seen honest 11/10 scores before. Maybe 10+? You can stack up pluses if at some point one doesnt suffice.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-06, 17:39   Link #138
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Maybe 10/10 because the review couldn't find anything that he/she think badly about the game? I mean it's pretty much possible, and reviewer isn't that much different from your usual gamers anyway.
Old 2013-06-06, 18:17   Link #139
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
Pretty much everything you just wrote is also true for titles that "just" get a 9 , at least that's how it was before 2013.
I don't really get your point. Are you saying that, nonetheless, games shouldn't go to 10/10 or 100 anyway?
Old 2013-06-06, 19:45   Link #140
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Not at Polygon.

With that being said, Polygon haven't quite lived up to the hype... A good gaming site, but it lacks what makes the Verge an excellent all-rounder tech site. ( except for reviews, they suck at those as they're the same old 'RUSH REVIEWS ASAP" )
Checked

http://www.polygon.com/game/the-last-of-us/3040

Game Spot like said gave it an 8

http://asia.gamespot.com/the-last-of-us/

Metacritic score though is at 96