AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-07, 22:36   Link #1081
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
Just how much time does it usually take for a project to be approved on B-T?
I had rather have the new releases linked to B-T from Mangaupdates next time once it's on a proper sidebar so people have easier access.

Edit: As for the PDF for a single chapter, it could be done but I rekon it's better to have an entire volume PDF at the end.
Agreed, hold off on PDFs for now.
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 23:31   Link #1082
Akumasama
Feminist

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
When Big Boss next logs on. And for me, I don't want to trouble him on just one project, but make a list of the multitude of things he need to do each time he logs in.

I say you just link it. And it is accessible from the sidebar via the teaser sub-category.
Strange, I am sure I couldn't see the page on either the teaser or the pending projects page.
I just realized that I can't see the link on those pages if I am not logged in. Is it just me or what? o_O

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._Authorisation
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...tegory:Teasers
Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-08, 00:44   Link #1083
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akumasama View Post
Strange, I am sure I couldn't see the page on either the teaser or the pending projects page.
I just realized that I can't see the link on those pages if I am not logged in. Is it just me or what? o_O

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._Authorisation
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...tegory:Teasers
Spoiler:
Because when you are not logged in, you are served cached pages. It will go away in a day or two. Or you can use the cache purge command when you are not logged in:
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...s&action=purge
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 05:44   Link #1084
kazzuya13

No matter what you can't choose between love and family and specifically if the family never mistreats him.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 06:58   Link #1085
Akumasama
Feminist

This time was a short chapter for the manga, next time it's going to be longer and more interesting.
Click at your own risk
Spoiler:

I guess I will halt the manga up to this and work on the LN chapter 2.

Last edited by Akumasama; 2012-08-08 at 07:16.
Akumasama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 07:09   Link #1086
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

yeah forget the manga the L/Ns wins hands down
Old 2012-08-08, 07:55   Link #1087
chad001
Happy-End Totalitarian

^ that comment sums up all my thoughts. Though, a lot of people are talking about the manga's art quality. Any comments?
chad001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 08:08   Link #1088
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

About the endings where Saru either dies or leaves, if that happens to be the case, then the future of Japan would be changed forever, since no one is there to replace the role of Hideyoshi. Hideyoshi ruled a good number of years and more importantly, sparked the Seven-Years War between Japan and the Ming-Korean alliance. Without Saru ordering the invasion of Korea, Ming China would likely avoid the economic burden of the war and most likely avoid being conquered by the Manchus. History would REALLY be changed if he decides to leave, unless by of course, this really is a parallel universe.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 09:31   Link #1089
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
About the endings where Saru either dies or leaves, if that happens to be the case, then the future of Japan would be changed forever, since no one is there to replace the role of Hideyoshi. Hideyoshi ruled a good number of years and more importantly, sparked the Seven-Years War between Japan and the Ming-Korean alliance. Without Saru ordering the invasion of Korea, Ming China would likely avoid the economic burden of the war and most likely avoid being conquered by the Manchus. History would REALLY be changed if he decides to leave, unless by of course, this really is a parallel universe.
Well, this is 99.9% likely to be a parallel universe. C'mon, Saito Dousan isn't dead, Imagawa Yoshimoto isn't dead..

Anyways, that being said, even if Saru died or returned to his world, you don't think someone else could emerge to take his place and become "Hideyoshi" ??

That, and if Saru did eventually become the ruler of Japan as "Hideyoshi" do you think he'd repeat the mistake of invading Korea?
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 09:40   Link #1090
justpassingby

^Except that Dousan died because of sickness later in the novel. Who's to say that Imagawa would not be dead too, so that the 'flow of history will be balanced' as mentioned by Hanbei.

I still believe it is a dream though, and all it takes to send Yoshiharu back will be by killing him
Old 2012-08-08, 09:53   Link #1091
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
^Except that Dousan died because of sickness later in the novel. Who's to say that Imagawa would not be dead too, so that the 'flow of history will be balanced' as mentioned by Hanbei.

I still believe it is a dream though, and all it takes to send Yoshiharu back will be by killing him
Ooooh! Spoiler! So that's why someone came in and commented on Saru not teaching people about germs and hygiene!?

And if it's a dream, then that is Bad Ending 3:

Saru manages to save Nobuna during the Honnouji incident, getting killed in the process.. Only to wake up in front of his computer with a keyboard imprint on his face. He fell asleep while playing Nobunaga's Ambition. It was all a dream..

-- Good / Mixed Ending Adjustment to Bad Ending 3:

..The next day, on his way to school, he sees a familiar figure standing with her arms crossed across her chest, her long shadow cast against the backdrop of the rising sun. A most strangely dressed person wearing a loose robe with a tiger skin on her hip..

"Where did you think you were going Saru? You damn pet monkey! Trying to leave your master behind! You'll be punished!"
Old 2012-08-08, 10:15   Link #1092
kazzuya13

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Ooooh! Spoiler! So that's why someone came in and commented on Saru not teaching people about germs and hygiene!?

And if it's a dream, then that is Bad Ending 3:

Saru manages to save Nobuna during the Honnouji incident, getting killed in the process.. Only to wake up in front of his computer with a keyboard imprint on his face. He fell asleep while playing Nobunaga's Ambition. It was all a dream..

-- Good / Mixed Ending Adjustment to Bad Ending 3:

..The next day, on his way to school, he sees a familiar figure standing with her arms crossed across her chest, her long shadow cast against the backdrop of the rising sun. A most strangely dressed person wearing a loose robe with a tiger skin on her hip..

"Where did you think you were going Saru? You damn pet monkey! Trying to leave your master behind! You'll be punished!"
More like instead of school he will join a circle made for "Nobunaga otaku" then he will see Nobuna after the meeting
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:24   Link #1093
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I think you guys are having too much fun trying to figure out the endings. Anyway, the recent update of the translation of Oda Nobuna no Yabou is on the teaser project page on Baka-Tsuki. Should be more easier to access.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:31   Link #1094
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I think you guys are having too much fun trying to figure out the endings. Anyway, the recent update of the translation of Oda Nobuna no Yabou is on the teaser project page on Baka-Tsuki. Should be more easier to access.
Haha, it's just random and wild speculation -- the tone bounces between dramatic and light hearted (it's a good balance) so it's hard to figure out where it'll all fall out.

Although I'm quite sad about what was spoiled about re: Viper of Mino :<
Old 2012-08-08, 10:44   Link #1095
larethian

Btw, a little off-topic, but of all the koei games, I've yet to play Nobunaga. Which version is most fun?

And when Saru mentioned that Hanbei has 98 INT, which game is that from?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:55   Link #1096
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Btw, a little off-topic, but of all the koei games, I've yet to play Nobunaga. Which version is most fun?

He said in chapter one where he was in the battlefield, he was playing Lord Oda Nobunaga's ambition. Not sure if that is a real game or not, the only history game I ever played is probably Assassin's Creed so I am not of much help here.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 10:58   Link #1097
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:

I'm trying to remember which one I played, I believe it was "Nobunaga's Ambition: The Way of Heaven" on PC although I played it without knowing Japanese .. which was a tad difficult. "Iron Triangle" (http://www.koei.com/irontriangle/) came out for PS2 in North America, but I never played it.

The gameplay reminds me a lot of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series, also by Koei, albeit the combat in Nobunaga is in real time vs. turn based.

I've recently gotten into Total War 2: Shogun because of this series, but that game removes all the historical events.
Old 2012-08-08, 11:55   Link #1098
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:

It was the Ambition of Oda Nobunaga. But I wonder if Hanbei in the games has a lot of CHR. Normally, I need characters with high INT and CHR to employ good people. In Romance of the Three Kingdoms, for example, I NEED Zhuge Liang since he has like 100 INT and 98 CHR, and his recommendations never fail.
Old 2012-08-08, 12:02   Link #1099
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Although I'm quite sad about what was spoiled about re: Viper of Mino :<
I don't think it was a spoiler, because we're in a novel thread talking about the novel :P. At least that what I learned from Deacon Blues

One of the reason Nobuna is going to be mad when Yoshiharu returned with Hanbei abandoning Inabayama castle, aside of jealousy, is that she was in a hurry to take back Mino. She wanted to prove that Dousan's decision to entrust her with his dream was not a mistake. She knew that Dousan don't have much long to live.

I don't really keep count on who cried the most, but I think Nobuna cries more than Hanbei. Mostly the crying scenes were for romantic purposes I think.

Spoiler for too long, so I put in the spoiler. During Nobuna's retreat from Asai-Asakura forces:

Btw, considering that Himiko is going to appear in the anime, I assume the anime is going to stop when Imagawa will be crowned as the new Shougun. Which means whoever in the OP scene, except for the foot soldiers, will live. Dunno about the dude who appears after Matsunaga though

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-08-08 at 12:29. Reason: brain fart
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-08, 12:12   Link #1100
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
I don't think it was a spoiler, because we're in a novel thread talking about the novel :P. At least that what I learned from Deacon Blues
Oh, I don't mean I'm mad or upset about it, I mean I didn't know that Dousan was going to die.. And that finding that out makes me sad!

Interesting to learn that Saru is also the one that develops "fire by rank" which will (hopefully) be used to great effect against the Takeda..

I can't remember in Nobunaga's Ambition (NA) series whether there is even a CHR stat.. I know in RTK CHR, INT and POL are all very important, but that's because there's so many more generals to recruit in RTK..

I find the scripted events in NA to play a bigger role in most cases than it does in RTK. Typically in RTK, it's just "so-and-so" joins this faction or that faction, although Lu Bu going nuts is kind of lulz.

Tags
action, alternate universe, ecchi, fake harem, fantasia bunko, ga bunko, harem, historical, romance, sengoku jidai, shounen, true harem