AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-10, 22:34   Link #1561
Sumeragi
Banned

Fear the Assault Sniper StuG III:

Just look at the speed and accuracy I'm sniping at. It's the power of Sisters in Arms!

Now, when premium consumables can be bought with credit, we'll see how Chocolate will turn my StuG into the assault machine sniper.....
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 23:09   Link #1562
Marina2

Have anyone done an experiment on how to get the most possible exp/money in one battle?

What you need

- 30 people/Tanks (you and other 29 player) to participate in a mock battle between 2 teams. This is the most difficult thing.
- Premium tank or your best money maker tank ( for the best result)
- Premium Account

What to do

1. After the game start you, only YOU, drive to enemy base and spot all 15 tanks there (these “enemies” must be told to not fire at you). This will give you “Scout” Battle Achievements

2. Let your friends on the same side of your tank fire at all 15 enemy tanks until all of them have only 30-50% HP left then stop. This is to score on “Damage upon detecting” since this seem give you the most money/exp and it will also give you “Patrol duty” medal.

3. Let enemy tanks fire at your tank until you almost die then stop. If possible tell them to fire at the point that their fire can’t pen you or will bounce off. This is to get “Steel Wall” and “Cool-Headed” and possible “Spartan”

4. Use your tank to destroy the track of all 15 enemies. (Do Critical damage to all 15 enemies)

5. Use your tank to destroy 14 enemies.

6. Capture enemy base until the number goes to 90+ then destroy the last enemy tank and capture the base. This should give you “Top Gun”, “Sniper” “Invader” , Mastery Badge: Ace Tanker , Master Gunner, Sharpshooter

7. Wait for the result
8. ???
9. Profit!

This is, of course, only a theory. I’m not even sure I will ever find a chance to do this.
Old 2013-01-10, 23:16   Link #1563
Sumeragi
Banned

Desert Sniper:

Old 2013-01-11, 00:17   Link #1564
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post
What? There's a tank that can stop the Hellcat?

In all my time playing WoT since the Hellcat started seeing service, I have honestly not seen them do anything but completely decimate all enemies. Myself included.
Plenty. Anything that has the word HE on it, because the Hellcat only has 13mm armor at all sides. I even got one-shot by a Bison before.
And the 76mm Turret Armor doesn't help against the KV-1S even while in hull down position.

As much as I love this thing, it's not the best tank ever. The top speed is high, but acceleration isn't that great. The gun is the same as an M6, and for the tier VI, it doesn't spell "incredible" either. Let's not talk about the armor.
Old 2013-01-11, 00:20   Link #1565
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

In all my time playing WoT since the Hellcat started seeing service, I have honestly not seen them do anything but completely decimate all enemies. Myself included.
The StuH 42 is a great way to eliminate a Hellcat.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:10   Link #1566
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The StuH 42 is a great way to eliminate a Hellcat.
Based on what I keep seeing in this thread, I'm pretty sure you could blow up a King Tiger in a T1. Between your stats and what appears to be a lot of tank knowledge, I yield to your expertise Sumeragi-senpai.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:29   Link #1567
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:

Cromwell...

Hellcat slow turret can't even chase near the speed at which Crom move.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:33   Link #1568
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Based on what I keep seeing in this thread, I'm pretty sure you could blow up a King Tiger in a T1. Between your stats and what appears to be a lot of tank knowledge, I yield to your expertise Sumeragi-senpai.
Well, there was the time when I managed to hold up two Tigers, an IS, and a Jagdpanther at the bridge in Mountain Pass (I was on the south side) with my StuH 42, and it took the enemies' three artilleries to eliminate me. I killed a Tiger and severely damaged the other three vehicles, and my allies were able to clean up the mess for victory.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:38   Link #1569
LeoXiao
思想工作

Just had a game on Ensk in my SU100M1 where I first went around the hill with a Panther and an E2, slaughtered three enemy tanks, had a long range duel with a T1 Heavy that somehow got on top of the mountain, ran away since he got arty support, went back to base to kill an IS, was one of two guys alive, dueled the T1 again and killed him just as my ally killed the aforementioned arty.

Got 1900 xp (2x)
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 01:40   Link #1570
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Well, there was the time when I managed to hold up two Tigers, an IS, and a Jagdpanther at the bridge in Mountain Pass (I was on the south side) with my StuH 42, and it took the enemies' three artilleries to eliminate me. I killed a Tiger and severely damaged the other three vehicles, and my allies were able to clean up the mess for victory.
And I thought my Churchill could tank nicely. What do you do to make your tank so invulnerable? Some kind of evil incentive for your crewmen?

Ugh. Cromwells. I'm not a big fan of the majority of the medium tanks that the British had. The heavy line conveniently had all of the British tanks that I like in it, except for the Centurion.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:50   Link #1571
Sumeragi
Banned

Here's an example of how I play:

First time to break 1,000 exp using the L/70 on the StuG III:

What was interesting about the battle was how I managed to get three of my kills by tracking the target. They were really hopeless in their position since they exposed their side or underbelly to me. I loved penetrating them to pieces.
Old 2013-01-11, 01:51   Link #1572
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And I thought my Churchill could tank nicely. What do you do to make your tank so invulnerable? Some kind of evil incentive for your crewmen?
You do not choose the StuG life, the StuG life chooses you

Quote:
Ugh. Cromwells. I'm not a big fan of the majority of the medium tanks that the British had. The heavy line conveniently had all of the British tanks that I like in it, except for the Centurion.
Same here. And with the knowledge that they're planning to implement the Chieftain as the replacement British Tier X heavy sometime in the future, it just gave me more incentive to go up the heavy line.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 01:53   Link #1573
Sumeragi
Banned

Do NOT go all the way up. Most likely they'll move the current Tier X heavy to the TD and leave you there (as in, good bye Tier X Heavy).
Old 2013-01-11, 01:59   Link #1574
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Do NOT go all the way up. Most likely they'll move the current Tier X heavy to the TD and leave you there (as in, good bye Tier X Heavy).
Actually whenever this kind of thing happens they give you a new slot and tank with 100% crew. That's how a lot of people got their IS4s and IS8s.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 02:03   Link #1575
Sumeragi
Banned

Yeah, but it seems like WG has different plans this time. I rather not risk it.
Old 2013-01-11, 02:14   Link #1576
Marina2

@Sumeragi I want to ask you, what kind of enemy behavior that annoy you the most when you play Stug? (When you are in 1-1 fight)
Old 2013-01-11, 03:13   Link #1577
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
If they do it the same was as they did for the T30 to T110(E5) change, they'll move the FV215b to the TD tree, then all of your FV215b (if you already had it) stats will be transferred to the Chieftain, along with providing a new crew for the former, then you get the Chieftain. As of current, there's really no reason to believe they'll do otherwise.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:50   Link #1578
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
The worst case scenario in a tank swap is that you'll get the new tank and 100% crew, and lose the old tank. You'll never have your tank swapped to a different tree, keep it, while losing the replacement. As far as I've seen in WG's history. I don't think they want to give away another set of tier 10 tanks again, so my guess is that they'll swap the FV215B with the Chieftain prototype, and introduce a different FV215B (183) on the TD line as a separate vehicle with different stats.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 11:29   Link #1579
Gravitas Free Zone

Some miscellaneous game shots...

I particularly like the Lorr.39LAM's concealment situation.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 11:40   Link #1580
willx
Nyaaan~~

Man, last night was another lesson in pain for the KT .. after reading some tips on playstyle, I notice the problem is an ID 10T Error. Yeah.. It's primarily me.

Based on an analysis of my own games, in a public match what I need to do is use the pubbies more as meat shields or at least depend on them less. This both increases my XP and damage potential and ultimately increases the percentage likelihood that I'll win the match (on average) simply due to being able to dependably contribute damage. This is likely a terrible idea in a Company Battle, but a reminder for myself for pub matches.

Right now, I play too aggressively in the KT when I'm top or mid tier because, well 1) If the enemy is fielding IS-3's and KV-5's and I'm top tier, there's a strong expectation for me to confront them and 2) Because of it's inherently strong acceleration and maneuverability, I often try to make flanking or make breakthrough actions .. I can't even count the times I saw an opportunity to make a move to get behind or to the side of a choke point, only to see the "front" fall back and leave me high and dry last night. (Admittedly sometimes it's my own fault, as the minimap is sometimes deceiving because of intervening terrain, so it's an actual mistake) -- what finally led me to this, is I did some math, and I find I actually do significantly better when I'm mid-low tier vs. when I'm high tier! When I feel "intimidated" and thus much more wary is when I do better in the KT .. which is completely the opposite feel from driving the Tiger or the Tiger P..

[This is all based on me still using the L88 and not having the final gun yet, although a slower fire rate with slightly more alpha and penetration .. I'm not sure it'll change my thoughts]

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks