Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-10, 18:33   Link #2421
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusjecht View Post
The word 'Edge' is mentioned so briefly in V11.3 that the uninitiated could even mistaken it as an error on KYH's part.

Just to list down the current arcs and the volume they began:

-Elements' Rescue, V6
-Chrome Disaster, ended V9, restarted V14
-ISS kit, V6
-Metatron, V11
-ARS, V4

And we're still no closer to meeting White Cosmos then we were in V6. The author needs to step on the accelerator and he needs to do it now.
Seriously. Even though there is some progress, I'm getting that "spinning wheels" feeling. The author seems to want to reunite the older members of NN. Maybe to storm that final dungeon and end the game the alternative way instead of facing the kings(that was the alternative right?).

I would rather have read about them dying and BL forming a new NN to combat the kings directly. That to me would be much more interesting with more potential for an exciting story. Lv.9 kings fighting on the brink, rl PK plots, explosions and what not. The rescue missions are kind of boring to me. Not horribly so, just enough to make me transition from an avid reader to a more passive one.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 19:03   Link #2422
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Eternal Dreamer has released V5.6!
Spoiler:
Thanks for the update.

Can't wait for Fuuko finding out about the sleep over and also the reappearance of CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
*claps hands* Goshisosama.

Ah, I can't wait to see that animated.

Speaking of which, I'm curious about how they'll animate Utai's first on-screen attempt to speak.

Will they use a cartoonish style, with softened, chibi-fied facial features and a sound effect like a snapping steel trap? Turn the moment into something comedic?

Or will they go for a more realistic style, and convey the full shocking effect of Utai's open mouth suddenly snapping shut and spasming? Depict her beautifully cute face twisting with ugly pain and chaos?
Quote:
I'd go with the second one. For her condition to be bad enough to warrant a BIC chip, particularly given that their use is now limited to medical purposes, to make it comedic would be in poor taste to play up her loli cuteness.
Second as well.

Quote:
I caught this tweet on my newsfeed and decided to translate it out of sheer boredom.
Spoiler for @accel_world:
Spoiler for Tusjecht-Translation:
As for that single phrase 「来る」, it would be Haruyuki exclaiming mentally "It's coming!"
I wonder why nobody is translating the versus manga?
Old 2013-08-10, 23:01   Link #2423
Sunder the Gold

Just to make sure it's clear, but my opinion is also that Utai's condition should be revealed with utter seriousness.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 23:42   Link #2424
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
I just realized that Lime Bell has prevented nearly all disaster situations in the LN. Though she still needs to be protected cause she doesn't know IS.
Lime Bell stays in the back for a battle in V13. Of course the logic of protecting the healer isn't lost on NN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheus2 View Post
I wonder why nobody is translating the versus manga?
I don't know either too :/ either that was a preview, or a scanlation group hasn't picked up the raw yet.
Tusjecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-12, 06:18   Link #2425
Tri-ring

Just picked up the newest volume of SAO and found that the next AW novel volume 15 is coming out on Oct.10th.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-14, 17:11   Link #2426
Belise
Rokushiki User
*Artist

I wonder if we'll ever see WC on the front cover.. What a pleasant surprise that would be. I wanna see her or Thorn on one vol.
Belise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 21:37   Link #2427
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

A publisher's summary for V15 has been released, from here which I now translate here.
Spoiler for Translation:

There's some additional comments by RKL as well as what seems to be a summary of V15 events which I need to translate from Japanese...it's a long shot but not impossible.
Old 2013-08-16, 23:13   Link #2428
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
A publisher's summary for V15 has been released, from here which I now translate here.
Spoiler for Translation:

There's some additional comments by RKL as well as what seems to be a summary of V15 events which I need to translate from Japanese...it's a long shot but not impossible.
*reads RKL comments*

ROFL, according to him there's a high chance of Niko losing BB and NN losing a ton of members this volume /KotomineKirei

Dang, that Chinese thread I came across a while back seems to be true... a lot of LN series seems to have "coincided" having deaths and tragedies one after another these days...
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 10:16   Link #2429
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

I don't mind if NN loses Graphite Edge for reasons Sunder stated elsewhere in the forum...something along the lines of GE > Silver Crow and therefore the former's appearance might well break the story.

It would also be an excellent death blow to the annoying shippers and speculators that Edge = Kirito

Provisional Translation (Part 1)

I'm asking Tap for assistance with the rest, I'm whacked. >_<

See below for the full provisional translation.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-08-18 at 01:14. Reason: See above.
Old 2013-08-17, 11:48   Link #2430
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
I don't mind if NN loses Graphite Edge for reasons Sunder stated elsewhere in the forum...something along the lines of GE > Silver Crow and therefore the former's appearance might well break the story.
It's worse than Edge being cooler and more effective than Crow. In those regards, he's somewhat superior even to Kuroyukihime.

Before she reached Level 9, she had never once beaten him in a straight-forward duel, and afterwards she never had the chance to try. He might still be the better fighter despite her superior Level.

On top of that, he doesn't have to worry about the Sudden Death rule, which makes him far less vulnerable than Black Lotus, and thus far more free to act.

Graphite Edge will not be marginalized as easily as Cyan Pile, and can easily out-shine Silver Crow in particular situations.

Edge might even -- horror of horrors -- attract some positive attention from Haruyuki's haremettes. Perhaps even... admiration! Or affection!

It's not that Graphite Edge can't join the heroes. It's that the author may not WANT him to, because of how it would threaten to change the focus of the story.

And regardless of the author's personal desires, is he afraid of how his audience will react to another hero competing with Haruyuki for focus of the story?

In the end, Edge might be Too Cool To Live. See also The Plot Reaper.

(ignored the spoilered content for now)

Last edited by Sunder the Gold; 2013-08-17 at 12:04.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 11:50   Link #2431
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Sorry, forgot to mention. The full spoilered content is a bad spoiler because it involves White Cosmos.
Old 2013-08-17, 12:04   Link #2432
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
*reads RKL comments*

ROFL, according to him there's a high chance of Niko losing BB and NN losing a ton of members this volume /KotomineKirei
While I could see Niko losing BB, I highly doubt NN will lose any members. If anything, if Niko loses BB, I could see the Red Legion collapsing and Pard joining NN assuming she doesn't just go up to level 9 and take over the red legion herself to keep it from collapsing.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 12:04   Link #2433
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Spoiler for AW15: The End And The Beginning:
I'm asking Tap for assistance with the rest, I'm whacked. >_<
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2013-08-18, 01:06   Link #2434
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Spoiler for reply:

In any case, I'm waiting for Tap to give a better translation than mine.

Edit: I completed my translation of the full post. Again, let me warn you that my Japanese is still very bad, and without a dictionary I can't do very much. The source link is from lightnovel.cn here, posted by reekilynn.

Sunder...good spoiler, because the White King doesn't actually show up. But since it's so far ahead of the current translations, you can still choose to not read it.
Provisional Translation: AW15 Summary
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Tusjecht comments:
Tap updated with an accurate translation. Link to BT forums here.

Last edited by Tusjecht; 2013-08-18 at 07:06. Reason: Tap translated.
Old 2013-08-18, 10:11   Link #2435
Tri-ring

Quote:
Spoiler for Tusjecht comments:
Tap updated with an accurate translation. Link to BT forums here.
Spoiler for My comments:
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-18, 10:14   Link #2436
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

Spoiler for Reply:
Old 2013-08-19, 18:18   Link #2437
InfinityDragonGod

I've been reading the translations and spoilers and I've been getting confused.
Were the first four enhanced armaments of the Seven Arcs found before or after Chrome Falcon got The Destiny? I'm just curious.
InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 18:22   Link #2438
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It should be after, though it's not specifically said to be, because it's only implied that Green Grande, Blue Knight, and maybe Purple Thorn got their respective arcs at or close to Level 9.

And the verdict is still open as to whether White Cosmos is the owner of The Luminary or not.
Old 2013-08-19, 18:28   Link #2439
InfinityDragonGod

Have there been any hints of what abilities The Impulse, The Tempest, and The Strife can do? Also, what was the original ability of The Destiny and Star Caster?
InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-19, 18:32   Link #2440
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

No hint whatsoever for all of them, but I guess that as Arcs, they might grant strong passive abilities...who knows?

As for the Star Caster, no information, disappointingly.

As for The Destiny:
Spoiler:
The rest of The Disaster's abilities are a result of Beast, the warped personality.

Tags
action, cyberpunk, harem, romance, seinen, shounen, virtual reality