AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-11, 01:47   Link #181
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
its Norse themed, that's like an auto-win in my book. Love that sort of story.
Definitely. So much potential. I mean, mead! Mead halls! Pride-filled warriors and beasts needing slaying! Women and mead! Gold! Mead!

lol... but in all seriousness the Nords are the badass race in TES. I would have played Nord so much more if they weren't so ugly in character creation, lol.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 08:21   Link #182
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

High Elves are ugly.. Norb are pretty peoples.

Still a Breton. Breton FTW!

but sometimes I wonder, do HE really are ugly, or its just my biased opinion seeing they are better mage race
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 09:00   Link #183
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Neutral opinion: (female) Bretons really are prettier than high elves. Male Bretons are ugly bald old dudes, and the wimpy kind, not the Redguard We-Bald-We-Kick-Ass kind.

Then again both Oblivion and Morrowind have a chronic shortage of good looking fantasy people. Bethesda sucks at head modeling, especially in comparison to, I dunno, Bioware or some such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Definitely. So much potential. I mean, mead! Mead halls! Pride-filled warriors and beasts needing slaying! Women and mead! Gold! Mead!
At least the Norse Nords are a lot more fun than Generic Fantasy Kingdom 101.

...ja, I'm one of those fags who still holds a grudge over the retcon of the IMPERIAL ROMAN JUNGLE. Gods I hate those self-important Medieval "lords" in Oblivion. How come the Empire was more Imperially Awesome in Morrowind than it was in its home prov~~~

[/rants on for two hours...mushroom towers...Morrowind...%#$$@^&C...]
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-12, 10:24   Link #184
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I also prefer Morrowind than Oblivion, and i have only played the vanilla versions for both...

It has been a long time since i played these two so can't remember the specific. But my best memories of Morrowind was that quest where you have to intentionally drown yourself to open the bridge. And then shoot myself into the sky to get on that flying castle... Then stealing that sword hiding underneath the bed while running with the entire town guard chasing after me

Back then it was fun when you can wear several layers of clothes and then amour on top of it (and a robe on top of the amour or so). Can't remember if the same thing can be done in Oblivion

The only things i remember about Oblivion was, of course those leveled-up mobs/ dugeons that i probably don't have to mention again here. The quest where you have to enter the painting to kill the troll. Then run around the map with the horse for hours before realising I can auto-travel. Running into those portal to close them were repeating as heck through
Old 2011-07-12, 20:39   Link #185
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It has been a long time since i played these two so can't remember the specific. But my best memories of Morrowind was that quest where you have to intentionally drown yourself to open the bridge. And then shoot myself into the sky to get on that flying castle... Then stealing that sword hiding underneath the bed while running with the entire town guard chasing after me.
My memory of Morrowind isn't the best myself -- though I've been getting the Elder Scrolls itch lately, and is debating with myself whether to reinstall Morrowind or Oblivion. One thing's for sure though, the self-drowning quest is from the pilgrimages you need to take to join the Temple. Great quest line, that. Albeit you've got to walk around a lot, and that was a horrific nightmare before the first "DIE CLIFF RACER DIE" mods came out (or you learned how to disable them yourself).

Quote:
Running into those portal to close them were repeating as heck through
That's the reason why I still haven't finished Oblivion's main quest yet after several playthroughs.

Just how many of those things are there anyway? My last play -- like more than a year ago -- stopped because I got sick of grinding them, and yet I couldn't exactly leave them alone either...

Too bad too, I liked my elven princess character. She was a cunning, thieving, murderous minx -- and a Holy Crusader. o_o
Old 2011-07-12, 20:49   Link #186
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I found hunting all the oblivion gates and shutting them fun >_> i Explored pretty much every cave/ruin too.. i would have finished if my PC didnt die.. and i wasnt about go to through all THAT again ><
Old 2011-07-12, 21:34   Link #187
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
That's the reason why I still haven't finished Oblivion's main quest yet after several playthroughs.

Just how many of those things are there anyway? My last play -- like more than a year ago -- stopped because I got sick of grinding them, and yet I couldn't exactly leave them alone either...

Too bad too, I liked my elven princess character. She was a cunning, thieving, murderous minx -- and a Holy Crusader. o_o
There's a mod that lets you close the oblivion gates with a spell... just walk up to the gate, focus on a pillar, and poof! Gate is gone and sigil stone is in your inventory... lol.
Old 2011-07-12, 21:37   Link #188
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
There's a mod that lets you close the oblivion gates with a spell... just walk up to the gate, focus on a pillar, and poof! Gate is gone and sigil stone is in your inventory... lol.
O_O

What's the mod's title?
Old 2011-07-12, 21:46   Link #189
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

"I'm a lazy weak Loser" XP jk
Old 2011-07-12, 22:06   Link #190
jedinat

Quote:
O_O

What's the mod's title?
Oblivion Gate Closer Spell
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34868
Old 2011-07-12, 22:19   Link #191
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^Thankee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
"I'm a lazy weak Loser" XP jk
Nuh-uh, the lady elf simply got bored of swatting Daedra like flies (she lived in a Francesco world so there wasn't any of that egalitarian nonsense from vanilla). After the nth time she and I just couldn't stand the tedium anymore and committed lover's suicide. So it goes.

With this spell I might just, err, reconstruct her from memory. And mods.
Old 2011-07-12, 22:47   Link #192
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

in Oblivion I remember save-scumming the oblivion sigil thing to have it spawn a 20%chameleon and repeat for other gates until I have a total of 100% chameleon enchantment active 100% of the time.

Also remembered enchanting a dagger with drain 100 health for 1 sec + 100% weakness to magicka for 2 secs, resulting in a dagger that kills everything under 100 health for the first strike, and anything under 200 health for the second. Combine with weakness to magicka touch magic to reach 300 health damage. I named that dagger Nanaya.

I wonder what new features in Skyrim to replace these.
Old 2011-07-13, 00:48   Link #193
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Question for those who played Oblivion on PC with mods:

I want to play this game on PC with the mods, and I had tried this in the past (I just forgot some details). I use Windows 7 64-bit. I forgot some of the specifics about Oblivion on PC. It installs in the program files (x86) by default, correct, but for the mods to work properly, you install it somewhere other than program files (x86), correct? I think I remember it correctly? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Correct me where I'm wrong if I'm wrong.
Old 2011-07-13, 00:58   Link #194
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post

I want to play this game on PC with the mods, and I had tried this in the past (I just forgot some details). I use Windows 7 64-bit. I forgot some of the specifics about Oblivion on PC. It installs in the program files (x86) by default, correct, but for the mods to work properly, you install it somewhere other than program files (x86), correct? I think I remember it correctly? Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Correct me where I'm wrong if I'm wrong.
It's whatever your Oblivion folder is in, last I checked.
Old 2011-07-13, 01:05   Link #195
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It's whatever your Oblivion folder is in, last I checked.
Okay, for any give Oblivion mod (they have different steps), when I want to copy and paste data for Oblivion mods, I put them in the same folder as Oblivion?
Old 2011-07-13, 01:26   Link #196
james0246

Quote:
Nuh-uh, the lady elf simply got bored of swatting Daedra like flies (she lived in a Francesco world so there wasn't any of that egalitarian nonsense from vanilla). After the nth time she and I just couldn't stand the tedium anymore and committed lover's suicide. So it goes.
It's not like you actually had to close all the gates (it's been years since I finshed with the game, but I seem to recall that there were only 3 or so gates you actually needed to close (and one of those was a rescue mission)), so I'm a little confused why this particular issue stopped you from completeing the main quest...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 01:54   Link #197
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's not like you actually had to close all the gates (it's been years since I finshed with the game, but I seem to recall that there were only 3 or so gates you actually needed to close (and one of those was a rescue mission)), so I'm a little confused why this particular issue stopped you from completeing the main quest...
In addition to those there's a gate open outside each major city that's an optional part of the main quest contributing to the final battle or whatever. One might feel sort of obligated to close those. I know I did during my first playthrough or two.
Old 2011-07-13, 02:08   Link #198
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post

You have to change the directory to somewhere other than Program Files (x86) or Program Files otherwise Oblivion fucks up. Just put it in C:\Games or something.

Also - get Oblivion Mod Manager and Oblivion Script Extender (OBMM AND OBSE respectively). They'll help alot when you get alot of mods and plugins and things.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-13, 03:34   Link #199
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
You have to change the directory to somewhere other than Program Files (x86) or Program Files otherwise Oblivion fucks up. Just put it in C:\Games or something.

Also - get Oblivion Mod Manager and Oblivion Script Extender (OBMM AND OBSE respectively). They'll help alot when you get alot of mods and plugins and things.
Thaaank you~
Old 2011-07-13, 05:56   Link #200
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wondering if the game will allow to have romance with in-game characters like the recent lines of Dragon Age/ Mass Effect. Does not expect it and don't think it will(someone who have been looking around with the news may clear me on that), but found it more fun in those games to return home to your homie and looking for relationship development after a month out hacking and slashing random monsters.

Can you collect monster soul from Oblivion? You can't isn't it? Because i remember only Morrowind allow so. Can you even do alchemy in Oblivion? Man it was 5 years since last time i played these

Random question to Morrowind players: At the beginning of the game, did you guys try to steal and carry all those 10 kg purple ores (which worth 500 coins or so) to town to sell it? Back when i first started playing Morrowind, i remember going back and forward to those mines to take all of them, and hide in a chests inside an abandoned houses trying to sell them

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim