AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-14, 13:40   Link #961
marvelB

BTW, I meant to mention that I'm actually impressed that Reim didn't send out the Finalis corp this early in the game. IMO, it makes sense that the elite units are being reserved as a trump card (unlike the mage side, which has the majority of its elites fighting right from the get-go). But I do reckon that the Finalis' time to shine will come along once Dumblemort's army starts abusing the dark vessels......
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 13:56   Link #962
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
BTW, I meant to mention that I'm actually impressed that Reim didn't send out the Finalis corp this early in the game. IMO, it makes sense that the elite units are being reserved as a trump card (unlike the mage side, which has the majority of its elites fighting right from the get-go). But I do reckon that the Finalis' time to shine will come along once Dumblemort's army starts abusing the dark vessels......
I think if she sent the Fanalis corps, her methods would agree with Dumbledore, using metal/household vessels powered by magic/Djinn to overcome difficult times.

Obviously the metal vessel users will shine during the war, but she gave the Goi the opportunity to accomplish something with their own power, allowing them to progress (alongside metal vessel users). Unlike the Hogwarts Goi (was it Muggle?), which have stagnated since the magician have taken over.
Old 2013-01-14, 14:12   Link #963
marvelB

^I agree that it's better to let the Goi fight with their own power, but it's not like they'll completely abandon the use of magic and vessels, either. That's why I say that the Finalis corp would most likely be used as a last resort just in case the mages do start to get an upper hand in this war....
Old 2013-01-14, 15:12   Link #964
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
They also have Kou to keep in mind.
Old 2013-01-14, 15:28   Link #965
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Reim has to keep the other trump cards hidden from the Kou empire ya know :P

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 15:38   Link #966
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Leam Fanalis corp vs Kou Chimera army

^This! Would be an interesting battle to witness.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 16:09   Link #967
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Of course, I never forgot about those guys, but they haven't made their appearance just yet, have they?

Actually, speaking of Kou, I find it interesting that they're sort of in between Reim and Magnostat in terms of military progress. Sure, they've got vessels and mess around with dark magic as well, but it's not like they don't have capable warriors at all (like the aforementioned chimeras). I'm really interested in seeing how things will develop once they get involved in this war.....
Old 2013-01-14, 17:52   Link #968
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
There seems to be a lot of support for the Loli Magi. Did everyone forget how much of a bitch she was? I mean, her ideals can be great and all, but she is invading a neutral country to use it against her enemy. Of course, the other side isn't much better. Upon reflection, I now propose the "Everybody dies horribly" faction.
She's still a much better option than living under Moga's reign

And what sparked off the invasion was actually Moga refusing to hand Titus over anyway. Not the actual political situation
Old 2013-01-14, 18:24   Link #969
Zakoo

Honestly, both cannot be considered evil as they have they own sense of justice, lolimagi seems to be good at words but she lived for ages, nobody knows what kind of atrocity she probably did for the Empire and imho I find her pretty low for creating then throwing away Tittus.

There's also the implication after the war, what will happen of the relationship between magicians and goi on a world scale once the magician estate will officially lose to mere goi. We saw the old jii-san story and there's a possibility it will become quite ugly.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 18:24   Link #970
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And what sparked off the invasion was actually Moga refusing to hand Titus over anyway. Not the actual political situation
Loli Magi was the one looking for an excuse for war with Magno, not the other way around.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 00:25   Link #971
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

ch.169: Yeah, Scher was great with her speech about people's need of independence but we should not forget that she can't be all nice and virtuous. After all, a person with a expression like this can't be that nice in all 200 years.
Spoiler for Scher:

And this image make me think Scher have precognition ability. That Western suit seems to modern for this age and we have never seen anyone in this manga have that kind of clothes before. Also, the below scene of that image looks like the famous assassination of Julius Caesar. The young guy with a knife look like Brutus.
Spoiler for suit:
Old 2013-01-15, 03:16   Link #972
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
The young guy with a knife look like Brutus.
I didn't notice that... nice find there Now that you mentioned it, I'm more convinced that magi world will actually develop into our world that we know if it's not because of magic and dungeons that appeared out of nowhere

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 04:34   Link #973
Akarin

It's science vs. magic all over again. I'm going to the science/academy city side this time. Mogamett clearly underestimated the gois and obviously don't think much of them. It's time for Aladdin to make magicians and gois accept each other just like Kira Yamato.
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 05:31   Link #974
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akarin View Post
It's science vs. magic all over again. I'm going to the science/academy city side this time. Mogamett clearly underestimated the gois and obviously don't think much of them. It's time for Aladdin to make magicians and gois accept each other just like Kira Yamato.
Kira Yamato can go to hell with his freaking beam spam! ( Back to SRW Z for the mission that require me to defeat him ).

Scher may have her own flaw but regarding her view point of society's development, she still has the upper hand. In the long term, science will prove to be more beneficial than magic since it can be applied by many people and everybody have a chance for science and technology ( unlike Magics that's only available for a small group of people )
Old 2013-01-15, 05:47   Link #975
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
And this image make me think Scher have precognition ability. That Western suit seems to modern for this age and we have never seen anyone in this manga have that kind of clothes before. Also, the below scene of that image looks like the famous assassination of Julius Caesar. The young guy with a knife look like Brutus.
Spoiler for suit:
Year, the image is most likely reflects the "evolution". From the encient rome to renaissance and modern ages.
Old 2013-01-15, 05:52   Link #976
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Kira Yamato can go to hell with his freaking beam spam! ( Back to SRW Z for the mission that require me to defeat him ).

Scher may have her own flaw but regarding her view point of society's development, she still has the upper hand. In the long term, science will prove to be more beneficial than magic since it can be applied by many people and everybody have a chance for science and technology ( unlike Magics that's only available for a small group of people )
True to be told he only beam spam against grunts >>>> but who don't use map spam against grunts?
(Easy exp & pp)
Though I do hate him as enemy, spechaly when they give him that long sword (Sephiroth sword) and hax DRAGONs system...

Though it really cool to see battle between science vs magic, and how someone who see non magic person as mere pet and other as human.

When start to think about it, same thing happen in harry potter movie...
Only magic people fight in front line while non-magic people stay in back... even though it was world war where if they lose they will end up living as slave if not lower...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 10:06   Link #977
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Loli Magi was the one looking for an excuse for war with Magno, not the other way around.
Yeah but she wouldn't have reacted so badly if it weren't for the Titus issue
Old 2013-01-15, 11:06   Link #978
Arkeus

Loli Magi either wanted an alliance or to control them, in part because she has no choice, in part because she knew that they were up to no good.

Hell, she pretty much had confirmation that they were corrupted and 'evil', really. It's just that Titus really wanted to live apart from her and was easily brainwashed by well-oiled methods and speeches.

An important point here is that Loli magi has her own magus and isn't doing a magic vs tech argument, she is doing a "everyone is useful" argument.

It's the Mage city who got scared and need to control people.
Arkeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 12:41   Link #979
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkeus View Post
It's just that Titus really wanted to live apart from her and was easily brainwashed by well-oiled methods and speeches.
Well, that and the old guy pretty genuinely cares about magicians, and wants them to live long, happy lives, and sees Titus as a person. Scher on the other hand basically seems to see Titus as her possession, and expects him to do his job and perish on schedule like those before him have.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 12:45   Link #980
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

From the way it's made out to be, Titus is essentially an extension of her

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen