AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-20, 08:58   Link #5021
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Her magic condenses all the light in the area into rays that goes from point A to B. The darkness is a helpful side effect of concentrating the light. Outside the rays would be visible unless she added other magic to darken the area. Something that should be well within the realm of her capability as a magician that excels in light-based magic.

At least im pretty sure that's how it works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
okay i am wrong imagining her magic.

that line really makes my imagination gone wild.

from now on, I assume she can shoot lasers whenever she want
You made a slight mistake there, but this part's the most difficult to imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
There is some new info on Maya Yotsuba's magic from Volume 8 (same as Web 4 that I summarized). It explains some interesting details and why this magic is among the strongest in the world.

The official name is Meteor Line.
Spoiler for Meteor Line:

Also, I've checked. There is indeed a chapter of the young Yotsuba sisters. It's named the "Untouchables". I didn't read it all, but I've glanced over the ending and I could tell that it matched the summary given by someone earlier. In other words, it's not a story with a happy ending.
Old 2013-06-20, 09:23   Link #5022
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
You made a slight mistake there, but this part's the most difficult to imagine.
hey hey don't give me a new headache
Can you explain it in more simple way ?
Old 2013-06-20, 09:26   Link #5023
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
hey hey don't give me a new headache
Can you explain it in more simple way ?
Fine. Basically, Maya gives the light the quality of "disintegrating all objects regardless of their properties." So it isn't that the light is a laser so much as it is rendered capable of piercing anything it touches.
Old 2013-06-20, 10:40   Link #5024
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Lasers that can pierce anything, isn't it basically that?

Old 2013-06-20, 10:40   Link #5025
Chirst

Got a special picture
Spoiler for pic:
Old 2013-06-20, 10:55   Link #5026
Oxide

Quote:
Fine. Basically, Maya gives the light the quality of "disintegrating all objects regardless of their properties." So it isn't that the light is a laser so much as it is rendered capable of piercing anything it touches.
light itself is just a proxy however to my understanding only part of information body affected by the light is actualy rewritten ... contrary to that Tatsuya can collapse whole structure without any kind of proxy ... this to my understanding is the difference between unique personal clasified decomposition magic and pinnacle of magic called structural interference mentioned by miyuki in vol 8

on occasions Tatsuya use really similar principle to cover use of his decomposition magic ... for example back in first arc at blanche headquaters he use really similar technique using as a proxy signals/waves or w/e it was called shot by his own cad, also in yokohama incident he applied it to his hands and chopped his way out ... everything to narrow down the effect and cover its true nature

Last edited by Oxide; 2013-06-20 at 11:08.
Old 2013-06-20, 16:51   Link #5027
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
light itself is just a proxy however to my understanding only part of information body affected by the light is actualy rewritten ... contrary to that Tatsuya can collapse whole structure without any kind of proxy ... this to my understanding is the difference between unique personal clasified decomposition magic and pinnacle of magic called structural interference mentioned by miyuki in vol 8

on occasions Tatsuya use really similar principle to cover use of his decomposition magic ... for example back in first arc at blanche headquaters he use really similar technique using as a proxy signals/waves or w/e it was called shot by his own cad, also in yokohama incident he applied it to his hands and chopped his way out ... everything to narrow down the effect and cover its true nature
Maya's magic is a lot like Ancient Magic in the way it uses light as a medium and the fact that it takes a long time to cast. Three seconds, which might as well be forever in the heat of combat. Comparing it to Decomposition, it's a hell of a lot slower, but it has two advantages. The first is that once successfully cast it moves at the speed of light so there's no time to react. The second is that it is impossible to block in the first place even the Juumonji's Phalanx can't block it. Decomposition is easier and faster to use, but Meteor Line is more absolute as a finishing blow.
Old 2013-06-20, 17:07   Link #5028
bludvein

It's not a 3 second cast. Not sure where you got that from.
Old 2013-06-20, 18:30   Link #5029
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
It's not a 3 second cast. Not sure where you got that from.
I'm sure someone said that. In any case, I'm quite sure it takes a while to cast.
Old 2013-06-20, 18:56   Link #5030
hakazee

Quote:
I call it a laser to make it easier to understand

Quote:
I'm sure someone said that. In any case, I'm quite sure it takes a while to cast.
Quote:
Side Note: In essence, if you truly want to beat Maya, you have to prevent her from activating this magic. In many ways, you have to beat her while she's in her "casting" stage, which lasts for like .3 seconds if even that long, and wrestle control of light away from Maya. But... Maya has been working with light for her whole lifetime, so good luck with that. End note.
3 seconds or .3 seconds ?
Old 2013-06-20, 18:58   Link #5031
kagato3

No it is near instant or she can cast it while haveing an agument. As Maya lashed out with it fast enough for it not to be commented that she was casting. as the "fight" was "do what I say.", "no.", bam night, bam night broken.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-06-20, 20:28   Link #5032
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Side Note: In essence, if you truly want to beat Maya, you have to prevent her from activating this magic. In many ways, you have to beat her while she's in her "casting" stage, which lasts for like .3 seconds if even that long, and wrestle control of light away from Maya. But... Maya has been working with light for her whole lifetime, so good luck with that. End note.
Ah. Sorry about that, but still I think that is slower than Tatsuya's casting speed for various reasons. First, Miyuki's casting speed using a school-grade CAD was a little more than 0.25 seconds and I think we can assume that Tatsuya is just as fast with his Decomposition, especially with his own specialized CAD. Second, Decomposition is his BS magic so he should be especially fast with it. Third, Decomposition is composed of five steps so he can use Flash Cast to cast it instantaneously. Fourth, during his confrontation with Maya he successfully neutralized her magic despite the fact that she had a head start in casting.
Old 2013-06-20, 20:45   Link #5033
whitecloud

I wonder how the other sage deal with meteor line?
Old 2013-06-20, 20:54   Link #5034
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Not all sages are superhuman magicians and it's not like they live next door and have reunions so it's unlikely that they'll have to fight her.
Old 2013-06-20, 21:15   Link #5035
hakazee

Quote:
Don't underestimate the magic of other sage. until now we still don't know their magic.
they may not be a sage without special abilities.
Old 2013-06-20, 21:32   Link #5036
bludvein

The "sages" aren't some kind of rank for magicians. All it means is that they have backdoor access to a global monitoring system. A sage could be a complete wimp magically.
Old 2013-06-20, 22:42   Link #5037
whitecloud

If I don't mistaken isn't sages is supposed to be the composed of the strongest magician in the planet? Even maya is not the strongest? (I wonder..meteor line is already hax enough) of course with exception of tatsuya decomposition magic..
Old 2013-06-20, 22:46   Link #5038
bludvein

Maya is one of the strongest, but thats not what makes her a sage. I don't know how to make it any simpler without just repeating myself. Sages have access to knowledge, and whether they are strong or not is irrelevant to the title.
Old 2013-06-20, 23:00   Link #5039
mucen

Why are you assuming all the sages are magicians...
Old 2013-06-20, 23:03   Link #5040
EnigmaticAxiom

Quote:
If I don't mistaken isn't sages is supposed to be the composed of the strongest magician in the planet? Even maya is not the strongest? (I wonder..meteor line is already hax enough) of course with exception of tatsuya decomposition magic..
You are mistaken.

Quote:
Maya is one of the strongest, but thats not what makes her a sage. I don't know how to make it any simpler without just repeating myself. Sages have access to knowledge, and whether they are strong or not is irrelevant to the title.
What he said.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings