AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-16, 17:42   Link #281
D-Joe

Miho's right hand paralyzed?
Spoiler for ep2:
D-Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 18:06   Link #282
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Speaking of that scene, did anyone else notice that almost every bear in Miho's collection had some sort of bandage or wound? I wonder if this is related to her desire to not be related to Panzerfahren and those seemingly traumatic flashbacks she gets.

Endless "Miltaku" Soul
Old 2012-10-16, 18:09   Link #283
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
By the way where do the staffs get this idea about tanks from?
http://nyanyan.mangowe.pl/upload/662...wvfq306s7j.jpg
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 18:13   Link #284
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
"Apologize to the Finnish!"

That whole sequence was excellent ... I really giggled quite a bit. As for ep 2, well, new charas introduced and such, but pretty much a continuation of ep 1, which for me is a good thing. I like the silly, breezy feel of the show thus far. Consider me sold. This series is officially going on my "ongoing" series.
Old 2012-10-16, 18:25   Link #285
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Singaporean tanks? Yeah, you whippersnappers missed the time when we didn't have Leopards! SG-1 upgrades of a French light tank my friend, that's what we had.

I wonder if clubs are allowed to use AMX-13s in GuP. They are technically not MBTs, and lack all the modern amenities, and the SG-1 upgrade had a cute habit of flipping over when firing the main gun too damn vertically.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2012-10-16 at 18:37.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 19:20   Link #286
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I'm actually enjoying this anime quite a lot. I expected it to be similar to Upotte!! which I didn't enjoy as much as I would have liked too but I was surprised by the results. I'm liking the characters a lot, the story too. I'm hoping to see this anime continue to entertain me the entire way through
Old 2012-10-16, 21:29   Link #287
Scarletknive
Meister

Poor F40, being destroyed as it gets hit by the Tank, and crushed by it. And its not just some rich people's car, its the PRINCIPAL's car...(God the $ loss...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.2

- Wait, so we have "onee-chan" as possible final boss too??? Great! This show sure remind me a lot about Saki
So which Saki opening can we use to substitute the normal Opening?
Old 2012-10-16, 22:00   Link #288
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So there just tanks laying around every where on the town carrier

Well that a cute ending
Old 2012-10-16, 22:06   Link #289
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
So there just tanks laying around every where on the town carrier

Well that a cute ending
Well, it is a town, you did expect more tanks to go missing on the carrier... Though it is easier to find than finding it across the country.(Which is a pain.)

Where did they get such inspiration about cute endings?

Found this while crossing the niconicodouga.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19114149

Girls und Panzer opening and Saki's opening song...
Old 2012-10-17, 03:35   Link #290
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
But HEAT rounds! And the Type 89 is the only tank of the bunch I don't at least like somewhat. Japanese tanks don't have any charm points!
I actually did a double take upon seeing the Type 89 itself, and thought it was a Char D2 based on the overhead shot. Then we got a closer look. I still like the Type 89's crew more than the crew of the other tanks; I hope they get some screen time.

That said, nobody seriously uses the L/24 at Tier 5 unless they don't want to use the 50mm L/60 while they grind up to the 75mm L/43. And the brilliant thing is that the Panzer IV has a LOT of leeway for Midseason Upgrades.

Quote:
And then miss as the 75mm L24 has bad accuracy at long range...
This is probably WHY I hate the L/24.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 04:33   Link #291
Seiryuu

One thing I want to know is how a tank wound up in a cave up high on a steep cliff (regardless of how cliffs and lakes ended up on a supersized version of an aircraft carrier).
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 04:51   Link #292
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
I am amazed that a show designed to please such a select audience can exist, how many tank fanatics that enjoy lolis can one country have? The most odd demographic I’ve ever seen. Who the hell wants lots of little girls slice-of-life so popular as of late, with flippin’ panzer tanks. How is this viable? Its not even with anthropomorphic themes like Strike Witches. Or dealing with the serious theme of war, like with Mecha. Its literally just school girls with tanks, played seriously, not as comedy. But there is no way I can take this seriously. God. Little anime girls in formal military uniform. I just can’t. So what is there left to do?

Such a garbage otaku catered anime....
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 05:01   Link #293
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
I am amazed that a show designed to please such a select audience can exist, how many tank fanatics that enjoy lolis can one country have? The most odd demographic I’ve ever seen. Who the hell wants lots of little girls slice-of-life so popular as of late, with flippin’ panzer tanks. How is this viable? Its not even with anthropomorphic themes like Strike Witches. Or dealing with the serious theme of war, like with Mecha. Its literally just school girls with tanks, played seriously, not as comedy. But there is no way I can take this seriously. God. Little anime girls in formal military uniform. I just can’t. So what is there left to do?

Such a garbage otaku catered anime....
Far more than you think obviously...

As for what else is there to do...I dunno...drop it and quit whining?

Your garbage being my gem aside, you strangely seem to enjoy wading in it every ep...
Old 2012-10-17, 05:04   Link #294
Ridwan

I hate this anime, so everyone should know !

#troll
Old 2012-10-17, 05:09   Link #295
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Then, let me tell you guys something good.

A few annoyances though. I can understand the difficulty in learning to drive an old tank so I didn’t face palm when the first years tried to google it, and the Historic club would know about such things so that’s fine, but the ease with which they all managed to drive them was a bit too much for my liking. It’s not like modern tanks where you just turn a wheel or something it’s much more challenging. Also having watched tank overhall severall times I can tell you that it would take days, even weeks to get those tanks just to look presentable.

A few more facepalms from things that were said as well.
“So the turret doesn’t move?”–The STUG doesn’t even have a turret.
“It’s got screws everywhere.”–Those are rivets
“But aren’t all tanks basically the same?”–She says after seeing all the CLEARLY different tanks standing in a neat row.

And I’m guessing the “tanks being the same” bit is…well…pure tank naivety. After all, when one looks at tanks on the outside without knowing anything in-depth about them, the things that really stand out are just that it’s a big vehicle with a big gun(s) along with “bigger gun wins” perhaps. A lot of the things that really makes tanks so different from eachother, aside from appearances, are on the inside. I wouldn’t expect most of them to know anything more complicated like cannon velocity, angle of deflection, barrel length vs. range/penetration, and things like that (yet).
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 05:18   Link #296
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Those are minor issues mentioned by obviously, a bunch of kids who aren't too experience with tanks...if anything it highlights their inexperience.

Yet you don't seem to get it yet...Coming inside a thread and branding the stuff posters here watch as garbage based on your own likes is annoying.

Frankly it would be fine if you just posted what you posted and laid off the first one
Old 2012-10-17, 05:27   Link #297
Insane
Banned

@Reek of Blood. If you don't like it, then don't watch it. No need to bash off other people's entertainment.

Also, you can't take this show seriously, since it's just lighthearted comedy anime to begin with. If you wanna watch "real" tanks battle, then you gotta take a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFj7a...ure=plpp_video or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgVbudjyBLE
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 06:48   Link #298
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 2 today.

The cast seems to be introduced now. Miho is the all around nice girl who seems to be just a little insecure on something, and I wonder why Mako is always sleepy? Saori and student council president, both of them annoy me just a little.. So far, my favorite characters in this show are Miho, the tank enthusiast girl (forgot her name), and sleepy girl.

While I don't approve of a lot of things the Germans did in WWII, I do admire the strength of the German army. Seeing something like "tank that served in General Rommel's 7th Panzer Division", it put me in a smiling mood right away. Going to watch the rest of this show for sure.

A question for the tank experts in the thread.
Do the tank commander of Panzer IV really kick the driver on the direction they want to go?
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-17, 07:53   Link #299
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Well i can understand Reek of Blood's frustration since you do know fair bit about tank mechanisms in general and found contradiction everywhere. But honestly, very few of the mangaka has wide knowledge about what they are drawing. And despite publishing a manga about tank, this manga author won't know half as much as the "tank otaku" (tank fanatics), or even you in this case.

I means what do you expect after seeing episode 1, with painted pink tank, and zigzag bullet dodging

But afterall, the main genre of this anime is still moe, and tanks is just a tool to play the events out. Don't expect too much and then complaint about how it's garbage to you
Old 2012-10-17, 09:07   Link #300
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I actually did a double take upon seeing the Type 89 itself, and thought it was a Char D2 based on the overhead shot. Then we got a closer look. I still like the Type 89's crew more than the crew of the other tanks; I hope they get some screen time.
The volleyball team sure has bad taste in tanks though. I do wonder what part of the tank seems to be well made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
That said, nobody seriously uses the L/24 at Tier 5 unless they don't want to use the 50mm L/60 while they grind up to the 75mm L/43. And the brilliant thing is that the Panzer IV has a LOT of leeway for Midseason Upgrades.

This is probably WHY I hate the L/24.
Sure, you'd always want the best gun in a game, but I'd rather see fun weapons in the show. The L24 has both HEAT and canister rounds, so it's pretty darned cool.

I'd prefer a mix of mostly mediocre to decent design with just the odd really good tank than just to have good designs in the show.

Quote:
I am amazed that a show designed to please such a select audience can exist, how many tank fanatics that enjoy lolis can one country have? The most odd demographic I’ve ever seen. Who the hell wants lots of little girls slice-of-life so popular as of late, with flippin’ panzer tanks.
This show isn't really meant for tank fanatics any more than Saki was meant for mahjong fanatics. It's partially meant to teach tank combat mechanics in a fun way. I don't even think that Girls und Panzer is all that good at this point, but it has certainly been fun.

Quote:
A few annoyances though. I can understand the difficulty in learning to drive an old tank so I didn’t face palm when the first years tried to google it, and the Historic club would know about such things so that’s fine, but the ease with which they all managed to drive them was a bit too much for my liking. It’s not like modern tanks where you just turn a wheel or something it’s much more challenging. Also having watched tank overhall severall times I can tell you that it would take days, even weeks to get those tanks just to look presentable.
This is an obvious story-telling shortcut. Instead of spending a couple of episodes going over the basics of using tanks, the show decided to jump into combat right away and to cover the same information using action. It's more engaging this way even if it's a lot less realistic.

Quote:
A few more facepalms from things that were said as well.
“So the turret doesn’t move?”–The STUG doesn’t even have a turret.
“It’s got screws everywhere.”–Those are rivets
“But aren’t all tanks basically the same?”–She says after seeing all the CLEARLY different tanks standing in a neat row.
There have been a few whoppers so far, but I think that all of these are meant to organically introduce tanks to an audience that's unfamiliar with them. The alternative would be to have several minutes of exposition talking about every vehicle's salient features, and that would be boring .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
A question for the tank experts in the thread.
Do the tank commander of Panzer IV really kick the driver on the direction they want to go?
Probably; and it would be for all World War II era vehicles as well. There's usually only one radio in a tank, and the tank commander wouldn't be the one using it. The only reliable way to communicate through the noise and darkness would be by touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Well i can understand Reek of Blood's frustration since you do know fair bit about tank mechanisms in general and found contradiction everywhere.
Firing on the move is the worst mistake so far.

And for a supposed expert, Miho's sister gave out awful advice - it seems to be the complete opposite of proper tank tactics. Maybe she's purposefully saying that to give herself an edge .

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks