AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-30, 17:52   Link #121
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Wait a second! Which "mysterious white LFO" are we talking about?

This is Dewey's newest line of Anti-Coralian LFO's that he rolled out several episodes ago.

Spoiler:

This is Nirvash Type TheEND.

Spoiler:

It's not white, it just looks shiny because it is reflecting light. In the same OP you can very clearly see Type TheEND being black as usual.

Like this...

Spoiler:

Although it does look somewhat different, I am not conviced it's some kind of Type TheEND Spec 2... The main website is also silent on the matter (while they revealed Ray's LFO beforehand).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Regarding the mysterious white LFO in the OP ...

Spoiler:

... you know, just a bit of a coincidence me thinks
Care to share it?
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 18:07   Link #122
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

By the way, regarding Sakuya-sama... The preview of episode 41 reveals that she is
Spoiler:
Old 2006-01-30, 18:17   Link #123
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Wait a second!

Care to share it?
Yes, here you go...

Spoiler:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-30, 18:28   Link #124
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Interesting. Thanks a lot. It does seem like Spec 2, but it looks like the didn't rebuild Type TheEND, they just constructed a whole new Nirvash.

Weird that Anemone would switch LFOs... Seemed to me like there is some mental connection between her and the Nirvash.
Old 2006-02-01, 04:31   Link #125
icealchemist
troll4hire
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to icealchemist Send a message via MSN to icealchemist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
Yes, here you go...

Spoiler:
only problem is that lfo/klf has 2 sets of eyes with some sort of red cover.

Spoiler:

I think it is a new lfo/klf, maybe a new random awesome character bones created for 10 episodes.
icealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 06:58   Link #126
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Interesting, two pairs of eyes (4) for the new unidentified LFO. The Ray/Charles type had three pairs (6), and the Nirvash/TheEnd type has one pair (2).

My speculation: I think it's likely that Dominik is our awesome late-in-the-story character--perhaps we'll see a gung-ho Dominik suit up to take on Dewey and the military in order to protect Anemone. He's a heroic character, but hasn't really gotten much screen time to resolve his inner conflict, which has been brewing all this time. Given that there's only 10 episodes left, I don't think we're going to get more characters (large enough regular cast, the Vodarek people, and Dewey's loli bodyguards).

Last edited by Realist_Classic; 2006-02-01 at 07:12.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 09:54   Link #127
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic

My speculation: I think it's likely that Dominik is our awesome late-in-the-story character--perhaps we'll see a gung-ho Dominik suit up to take on Dewey and the military in order to protect Anemone. He's a heroic character, but hasn't really gotten much screen time to resolve his inner conflict, which has been brewing all this time. Given that there's only 10 episodes left, I don't think we're going to get more characters (large enough regular cast, the Vodarek people, and Dewey's loli bodyguards).
I like this idea. I think the new OP hints at such, with Dominic possibly 'rebelling'. I suspect this is likely due Dewey's use of Anemone. She does not look happy at all.

I would love to see Anemone and Dominic join the Gekko Go...
Old 2006-02-01, 10:18   Link #128
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

The number of eyes is another reference to Evangelion.

EVA-00 had one eye. EVA-01 had two eyes, EVA-02 had four eyes and the mass-produced EVA units had no eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist_Classic
Given that there's only 10 episodes left, I don't think we're going to get more characters (large enough regular cast, the Vodarek people, and Dewey's loli bodyguards).
Actually, the website has several military characters (on the United Federation of Towers side) still hidden.
Old 2006-02-01, 11:24   Link #129
prince leon
red knight

Bah, it kills me not being able to watch beyond episode 26 because of lack of understanding raws. >_<

I just recently downloaded the rip of the 4th OP and I must say it was awesome. Just simply awesome. One thing (out of many) that I wondered about was Talho's new wardrobe. I don't know if I should ask why she changed her look or just wait until I arrive at the episode where it happened. XD
Old 2006-02-01, 12:04   Link #130
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

BTW, if anyone is interested in E7's popularity back in Japan, here are the numbers for the latest eps in Kantou...

34. - 2.2%
35. - 1.2%
36. - 1.4%
37. - 1.9%
38. - 1.0%
39. - 2.1%

The fillers plunged pretty badly, haven't they? 8)

You'll find the ratings for other episodes in this post.
Old 2006-02-01, 12:09   Link #131
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince leon
Bah, it kills me not being able to watch beyond episode 26 because of lack of understanding raws. >_<

I just recently downloaded the rip of the 4th OP and I must say it was awesome. Just simply awesome. One thing (out of many) that I wondered about was Talho's new wardrobe. I don't know if I should ask why she changed her look or just wait until I arrive at the episode where it happened. XD
I highly suggest watching the story in order. Its got some fairly well done dramatic moments.
The interactions and backstory between Taruho and Horando is interesting, not to mention
Chaaruzu and Rei.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 12:22   Link #132
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince leon
One thing (out of many) that I wondered about was Talho's new wardrobe. I don't know if I should ask why she changed her look or just wait until I arrive at the episode where it happened. XD
Wait if you can. I'm liking the new OP as well. From the opening melody I thought they were going to sing the gospel "I once was lost, now I am found." Not to mention that Eureka looks so fabulous with her new hairdo. This show is a win for the music alone.

Quote:
Actually, the website has several military characters (on the United Federation of Towers side) still hidden.
I got a nag for stating the obvious but the last 10 episodes are bound to be exciting!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 12:40   Link #133
prince leon
red knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
I highly suggest watching the story in order. Its got some fairly well done dramatic moments.
The interactions and backstory between Taruho and Horando is interesting, not to mention
Chaaruzu and Rei.
Oh I will. It's just a matter of time of whether or not I'm going to get crack and get the raws from episode 27 and up. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Wait if you can. I'm liking the new OP as well. From the opening melody I thought they were going to sing the gospel "I once was lost, now I am found." Not to mention that Eureka looks so fabulous with her new hairdo. This show is a win for the music alone.
I thought that myself. "OMG a gospel opening? o_o"

I like Eureka's new hairstyle as well. Wasn't liking the other one that she had but then again she couldn't help it.
Old 2006-02-01, 12:58   Link #134
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
BTW, if anyone is interested in E7's popularity back in Japan, here are the numbers for the latest eps in Kantou...

34. - 2.2%
35. - 1.2%
36. - 1.4%
37. - 1.9%
38. - 1.0%
39. - 2.1%

The fillers plunged pretty badly, haven't they? 8)

You'll find the ratings for other episodes in this post.
I'm willing to blame a bad combo of Aperance 2 Eurika and Talho's new look.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 13:12   Link #135
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Eureka had that look since episode 20!
Old 2006-02-01, 13:47   Link #136
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Actually I'm hardly surprised with the dip in ratings, considering the character focussed episodes of late (less emphasis on battles more on family & relationships). Plus the early morning air time can't help it either.
Old 2006-02-01, 16:42   Link #137
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Quote:
Eureka had that look since episode 20!
Note I said Combo, viewers might have accepted AP2 Eurika but Talho's change in design might of tiped it ;p

I kid anyway.
Conan-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 16:44   Link #138
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan-san
Note I said Combo, viewers might have accepted AP2 Eurika but Talho's change in design might of tiped it ;p

I kid anyway.
I'm still only on ep 26, but I downloaded an avi of the 4th OP and saw Talho and was freaking out going "WTF HAVE THEY DONE TO TALHO?"

Bastards...
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 23:17   Link #139
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Um .... a few more episodes and you'll know why. Basically she felt it was more appropriate to look like that, considering her new "status"

Not going to say anymore.

I thought her new look is more appropriate as well.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-05, 00:11   Link #140
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Just watched episode 27 and 28 and I thought they were awesome episodes storywise. However it looks like episode 27 marks the downfall of all the gorgeous art and animation that I've been acustomed to. The 3rd op is also crap compared to the 2nd.

Sigh, I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote