AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

View Poll Results: Spice and Wolf - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 44 44.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 27.55%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 18.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 4.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.02%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-05, 19:17   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoBr0k3nxAng3LoX View Post
um...one question:

what exactly did Lawrence say to Horo when he snapped that got her so upset? o.o [ i know it has something to do with her being a girl and stuff but i dont really know because i've only read the summaries and havnt watched it yet]
You mean at the end when he slaps away her hand when she came running towards him?

Then:
"If not for you..."

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-05, 19:46   Link #22
XoBr0k3nxAng3LoX
~.:*+.Ren-chan.+*:.~

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
You mean at the end when he slaps away her hand when she came running towards him?

Then:
"If not for you..."
OOO, thanks! C=
Old 2008-03-06, 04:06   Link #23
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I don't get the having-women-tag-with-you-bit.
Old 2008-03-06, 04:16   Link #24
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Basically, he's supposed to be at the end of his rope financially ... yet he has this fabulous young lady with him.
Now... money lenders will think either he's not really that desperate --- or worse, he may be presenting the picture that he's willing to pimp his "wife" out for money. Not a good thing for people to think in that time period.

Doesn't look good and finally one merchant chided him for it.
Old 2008-03-06, 04:42   Link #25
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I suppose then he would have done much better by rolling on the ground and look scruffy then, perhaps add a few cuts to his shirt.
Old 2008-03-06, 05:58   Link #26
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

I still think hes beling blackballed. They gave us a sort of merchant 'ethos' where merchants dont do anything if there's no profit in it. So they figured Chloe & Co wouldnt do anything once they lost, but thats not necessarily true. We are talking about a lot of money here. He basically screwed them over big time. I think theyre out for payback and I believe there is profiit in it.

The current message is: You can shaft us if you can outsmart us.
The message they'd like to send: Best not trifle with us because you wont just 'walk away' no matter how clever you are.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2008-03-06, 06:41   Link #27
arkxkra
全力全開

Spoiler for :
Old 2008-03-06, 09:18   Link #28
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Just an ugly situation. Would be against who Horo is to just sit around while Lawrence is trying to find a way out. Besides if she's there it'll be easier for her to come up with some kind of solution. Sadly the side effect is what we see in her presence being misinterpreted. If this wasn't such a serious moment. I'd say those guys better not be surprised if their shops for some strange reason are destroyed .

Need to find a way out of this somehow. Is entirely possible someone is targeting Lawrence. Be it in relation to the business done back with the coins or someone else he's gotten mad along the way.
Old 2008-03-06, 13:47   Link #29
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Well he hasnt really gotten anyone mad along the way. The progression has been coins-- quick stop for armor--- This town. The ominous guy looking for him in the previous episode smells of Chloe & Co. Unless that guy he snuckered is so powerful that he can get him blackballed. Unlikely or he wouldnt have been snuckered and/or Lawrence wouldve known about him.

This smells too much of retaliation for the massive loss the Chloe people suffered.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2008-03-06, 14:31   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well in terms of along the way I mean before he ran into Horo. Lawrence does have a past afterall and we haven't gotten too much of it.

Is possible to be connected to what happened with Chloe. But until we get some specifics can't be sure one way or the other.
Old 2008-03-06, 16:37   Link #31
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Kimikiss and Spce + Wolf at the same time! what a wonderful day today
Old 2008-03-06, 17:38   Link #32
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Basically, he's supposed to be at the end of his rope financially ... yet he has this fabulous young lady with him.
Now... money lenders will think either he's not really that desperate --- or worse, he may be presenting the picture that he's willing to pimp his "wife" out for money. Not a good thing for people to think in that time period.

Doesn't look good and finally one merchant chided him for it.
that is why he wanted Horo to go back to the Inn! The reason he was refused was because of Horo! Horo doesn't understand the way things are and her pride got Lawrence in trouble!
Old 2008-03-06, 18:11   Link #33
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I have to say, this is the best episode so far. Great interactions between Lawrence and Horo.
Old 2008-03-06, 18:40   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Those of you torrenting... be aware that Ayako has a ep-10v2 version (so you might want to drop the original ep10 torrent)

Really liking the large format of Ayako (despite the MB crush).
Old 2008-03-06, 19:22   Link #35
Zarifus

I wonder what flocks of wolves outside city doors tearing at anyone who took a step outside would do to armor prices... But then again, could they manage to do that?
Old 2008-03-06, 19:42   Link #36
Seyluun

Looks like Ayako screwed up the last line of Lawrence... they translated it as "Even you're..." but "If not for you..." make a lot more sens.
Old 2008-03-06, 19:59   Link #37
ItsTrue

Um, I really can't be too angry at Lawrence for snapping twice. The consequences are too dire (working in mine for 10 years? That basically means death) and at least he apologized each time. I actually think that he's taking it pretty well for a human being. I mean, everyone does have his/her bad days...

Haha, when I first saw the title of the next episode, I thought that the "greatest scheme" referred to the one that has set Lawrence up in this situation... But apparently not.

Though I have to say, I think that other than Horo, the guild master might actually help in the next episodes, since he already hinted in the "loopholes" and that at the beginning of the episode, he did mention that Lawrence should be able to get through this tough situation.
Old 2008-03-06, 20:02   Link #38
redfire389

Send a message via MSN to redfire389
wow, Lawrence has it though this time, if he doesn't get the money he will be living as a slave or will die, and poor Horo I wonder how are they gonna fix this, I don't want a sad end for the anime
Old 2008-03-06, 20:07   Link #39
cicero

A good episode...

Spoiler for No idea if I should be this careful about spoilers:
Old 2008-03-06, 20:15   Link #40
creamyhorror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun View Post
Looks like Ayako screwed up the last line of Lawrence... they translated it as "Even you're..." but "If not for you..." make a lot more sens.
The last line is お前さえーー, which means something like "You, at least, ..." or "Even you are [getting in the way, pissing me off, etc.]". Interpreting it as "If not for you..." seems like a bit of a stretch, but maybe someone can correct me.
Closed Thread