AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-14, 12:20   Link #26481
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
No, he wasn't. I can tell you if you want names.

Only if one still finds that funny <_<…
I made like one single post on the topic after the shippers rained on the thread. And this when one out of every ten posts here might as well be about how Touma should get forced to marry Misaka and no one else has a change and all that stuff, unironically in a completely non-slapstick way.

Apparently I missed the part in FAQ which said people who aren't KamiMiko shippers weren't entitled opinions. But this is pretty much a weekly event in this thread. I just don't feel like entertaining the same fanatical bull I've seen like a thousand times by now.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:26   Link #26482
Birdway
Banned

Sometimes I think this thread would be better closed :S.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:27   Link #26483
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It'd be better if shipping was taken to a romance thread and discussed CIVILLY... but I don't think moderators really allow any shipping discussions to happen on AS anymore. Can't particularly blame them for it, either.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:34   Link #26484
desrtsku
Nympholept

Wait, I don't really understand ... what shipping discussion are you guys talking about? I thought we were talking about "Misaka Mikoto's character". which should have been done in the corresponding character thread.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:40   Link #26485
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Even if she knows that sending sparks at him won't hurt him, it still doesn't excuse the fact that she did attack him.
Am I reading a different NT7 or something? She DIDN'T ATTACK HIM. She used magnetism to hold him back.

Quote:
Had she been willing to just ask "Hey! What are you doing here?" and possibly offer her assistance instead screaming "You pervert!" at him as soon as she saw him, that would be development for her. That would be some maturation on her part.
You have a point, but Touma deserves some blame here too. He could have stayed to explain instead of running and making himself look guilty.

Quote:
Yet her character did not progress. It REGRESSED, if anything. Where was that push to the back that she said was the sign of a good woman? I sure as hell didn't see any.

Ahhh...finally got that off my chest.
Perhaps there wasn't a push to the back this time because she didn't know he was doing something dangerous?

All she saw is him on the roof of a place he isn't supposed to be, and then him running away when hewas called.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:40   Link #26486
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Wait, I don't really understand ... what shipping discussion are you guys talking about? I thought we were talking about "Misaka Mikoto's character". which should have been done in the corresponding character thread.
It's "Misaka Mikoto's character in concerns to interaction with Touma" so yeah, shipping. ._. Either way, shouldn't have been done here.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:42   Link #26487
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Well my post was about Misaka's character, which I'm actually quite fond of even if she's not the perfect mary sue tsundere goddess everyone treats her as. I love her reactions and personality and flaws but I'm not pleased, to say the least, with her instant regression after her moment of awesome in NT6.

But the discussion as a whole before that is pretty much pure shipping -WAIT! Excuse me- pure forcing Misaka on Touma, which I'm absolutely sick of and reacted to.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:43   Link #26488
Acer
Death to the infidels!

see people wasting time talking about Mikoto is not fun, it was interesting talking about the list of crimes touman (that Misaki helped create). and to be clear, I am not a fan of Misaki with Touma, like girls that help to make the life Touma easier, as Itsuwa.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:51   Link #26489
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

What's with Touma and over competent pretty blond trolls making his work easy but his life hard lately anyway?
Old 2013-05-14, 12:51   Link #26490
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Am I reading a different NT7 or something? She DIDN'T ATTACK HIM. She used magnetism to hold him back.
Point taken. The narration did refer to it as a magnetic attack though. However, that may just be an issue of semantics...

Quote:
You have a point, but Touma deserves some blame here too. He could have stayed to explain instead of running and making himself look guilty.
I guarantee you that if you were in Touma's situation and you saw biribiri coming after you screaming
Quote:
“Yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuu!! What the hell are you doing here, you perveeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttt tttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!”
you sure as hell wouldn't stay to listen and would probably run away as well. Sure he may deserve some of the blame for being panicked but it is a natural human instinct to be so in the kind of situation he is in.

However, Mikoto's actions played a far greater role in instigating the result. Even if she couldn't think of a logical reason as to why Kamijou was there (I wouldn't know why. She knows what kind of stuff Kamijou gets involved in), that shouldn't mean that there is no reason for her to remain calm and approach the situation in such a manner.

Quote:
Perhaps there wasn't a push to the back this time because she didn't know he was doing something dangerous?

All she saw is him on the roof of a place he isn't supposed to be, and then him running away when hewas called.
Push to the back should at least mean give support and like I said before, she should have at least been able to figure out that there was SOMETHING important going on if Kamijou was there.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:57   Link #26491
versionf

I blame the author for giving generic comedic scenes higher priority to refining the characters.
Old 2013-05-14, 12:58   Link #26492
Acer
Death to the infidels!

anyone can access the baka-tsuki?
Old 2013-05-14, 12:59   Link #26493
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's "Misaka Mikoto's character in concerns to interaction with Touma" so yeah, shipping. ._. Either way, shouldn't have been done here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
Well my post was about Misaka's character, which I'm actually quite fond of even if she's not the perfect mary sue tsundere goddess everyone treats her as. I love her reactions and personality and flaws but I'm not pleased, to say the least, with her instant regression after her moment of awesome in NT6.

But the discussion as a whole before that is pretty much pure shipping -WAIT! Excuse me- pure forcing Misaka on Touma, which I'm absolutely sick of and reacted to.
JEEZ ... I wasn't even aware of that shipping thing, I should actually present some excuse if it's because I was thought to be one that the thread derailed.

But anyway, you guys might have misunderstood what's really going on in the thread (or maybe it was me), no recurrent AS member that post here is seriously shipping anyone with anyone. They're just having fun with what's going around Touma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
see people wasting time talking about Mikoto is not fun, it was interesting talking about the list of crimes touman (that Misaki helped create). and to be clear, I am not a fan of Misaki with Touma, like girls that help to make the life Touma easier, as Itsuwa.
But Acer-bro, Touma outright said he prefers older women.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:02   Link #26494
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
But anyway, you guys might have misunderstood what's really going on in the thread (or maybe it was me), no recurrent AS member that post here is seriously shipping anyone with anyone. They're just having fun with what's going around Touma.
*laughs sadly* If you ever need a hug later in the future I'm always here. Promise I won't judge. We've all been there.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:03   Link #26495
Haigon

Quote:
Isn't Itsuwa older than him?
Old 2013-05-14, 13:04   Link #26496
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post

I guarantee you that if you were in Touma's situation and you saw biribiri coming after you screaming , you sure as hell wouldn't stay to listen and would probably run away as well. Sure he may deserve some of the blame for being panicked but it is a natural human instinct to be so in the kind of situation he is in.
Speak for yourself, I seriously wouldn't. I can understand why Touma would, given the situation and everything, but that doesn't mean he's blameless.

One thing I learnt from a young age is that sometimes, running makes you look guilty.

Quote:
Push to the back should at least mean give support and like I said before, she should have at least been able to figure out that there was SOMETHING important going on if Kamijou was there.
That's audience bias. We know he's doing something but she doesn't, and it's not like every single weird thing that happens to Touma is because of some incident.

Remember Vol.16? Itsuwa saw Touma being chased and figured, hey, it must be Acqua, cause you know, Kamijou Touma, when it was just his teacher chasing him for skipping school.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:07   Link #26497
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:

Touma is a man, and men are very simplistic beings, give them food, clothing and bath, and if the girl has a soft skin and has some skills perverted, ready, even if Touma has fetishes for a specific type, it can be overcome by other means.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:08   Link #26498
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Isn't Itsuwa older than him?
Same age IIRC. Kanzaki LOOKS his type and she's 2 years older than him but he doesn't really treat her like a woman either. Besides the really embarrassing experiences like the bath scene or the ero angel thing. I think Oriana the other pretty blond troll is pretty much the only female he reacted to actually? Fukou Da.

Quote:
Speak for yourself, I seriously wouldn't. I can understand why Touma would, given the situation and everything, but that doesn't mean he's blameless.

One thing I learnt from a young age is that sometimes, running makes you look guilty.
Well one thing Touma learned from dealing with Misaka for so long is that she shocks first and checks for your gunshot wound later. Seriously, stop trying to blame this on him. Even I feel embarrassed watching.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:11   Link #26499
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Touma is a man, and men are very simplistic beings, give them food, clothing and bath, and if the girl has a soft skin and has some skills perverted, ready, even if Touma has fetishes for a specific type, it can be overcome by other means.
Acer-bro, your comments always make me shed manly tears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
*laughs sadly* If you ever need a hug later in the future I'm always here.
A hug? I'll gladly welcome it, especially if you can use your avatar's body during that.

PS : it might be too late for this, but I'm actually a lolicon and yurifag (the second one as past time). I also like DFC and cute traps since they have the closest bodies to little girls. Nice to meet you.
Old 2013-05-14, 13:12   Link #26500
Acer
Death to the infidels!

part 2 and 3 out
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen