AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-12, 14:58   Link #61
Dextro
He Without a Title

The demo for the english version came out today on the euro PSN. I have to say, if the game was available to buy I would be downloading it right now. Why didn't I try this earlier?
Old 2013-09-04, 21:21   Link #62
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Gamespot has seen fit to present their review. I found the following comment from a reader quite amusing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralhedgehog@Gamespot
I'm okay with the score (personally think it's better than that), but they should have at least added a medal for "Undeniable Charm". Miku and her friends are just so cute!
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 16:52   Link #63
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Gamespot has seen fit to present their review. I found the following comment from a reader quite amusing:
One thing I have to fully agree: the loading times are insanely long at times.
Old 2013-11-06, 13:01   Link #64
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

vita version for NA and EU announcement

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-06, 13:06   Link #65
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

One of the most bizarre marketing decisions from Sega...
Well, it was obvious they should release the PS3 version first, but waiting for so long for the vita ver, while PDF f2 will be released around the same time is quite silly.
Old 2013-11-06, 15:08   Link #66
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
One of the most bizarre marketing decisions from Sega...
Well, it was obvious they should release the PS3 version first, but waiting for so long for the vita ver, while PDF f2 will be released around the same time is quite silly.
It's already an improvement to actually see the game released in the west let alone having Sega make smart timing decisions. Valkyria Chronicles anyone?
Old 2013-11-06, 21:49   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Still nice news. Haven't had the money yet to pick up the PS3 version, so might just hold up for the Vita since it seems like it'd play well on that. Strange timing, but...that's Sega for you.
Old 2013-11-07, 14:53   Link #68
Leo Keichi

Nice to see Miku getting some love. I for one already double-dipped on the game, since I was running out of space on my PS3 HD. I had to delete some of the digital games and buy them on disc instead. I don't really mind though. But next gen I'll buy the physical copies from the start to prevent this from happening again.

They weren't planning to release the Vita version from the start, because I read somewhere that they even removed the option to transfer the saves from PS3 to Vita like you could in the JP versions. I suppose the PS3 game sold better than expected, then. Or maybe the director's daughter is a fan of Hatsune Miku and wanted to play it on the Vita. Every night she tormented him about it, so he just couldn't resist the pressure.

I've been thinking about getting the new PS4 controller since I heard you can use it with the PS3 and it has a headphone jack. I think it would help me at getting better scores. The problem is the controller doesn't work with all the games, and I have no idea if it'll work with Project Diva or not. Guess I'll just take my chances and see.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 15:45   Link #69
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
Nice to see Miku getting some love. I for one already double-dipped on the game, since I was running out of space on my PS3 HD. I had to delete some of the digital games and buy them on disc instead. I don't really mind though. But next gen I'll buy the physical copies from the start to prevent this from happening again.

They weren't planning to release the Vita version from the start, because I read somewhere that they even removed the option to transfer the saves from PS3 to Vita like you could in the JP versions. I suppose the PS3 game sold better than expected, then. Or maybe the director's daughter is a fan of Hatsune Miku and wanted to play it on the Vita. Every night she tormented him about it, so he just couldn't resist the pressure.

I've been thinking about getting the new PS4 controller since I heard you can use it with the PS3 and it has a headphone jack. I think it would help me at getting better scores. The problem is the controller doesn't work with all the games, and I have no idea if it'll work with Project Diva or not. Guess I'll just take my chances and see.
I'm betting that it sold better than they expected. I just hope that they were looking into this game as an experiment to bring more of their currently Japan-only properties to western shores.

Also: remember that the PS4 controller can only be used wired with the PS3 (it'll work like any USB controller. That's also how they claim it to work "for basic functions" with a PC).
Old 2013-11-08, 14:00   Link #70
Tasuke Shichiri
♥Mikuru Asahina♥

i've a U.S. market PS3 copy that my sister plays and does well at, the whole "Rythim Game" concept being something i don't particularly care to fool around with.
i'm quite content to be a spectator.

some good songs, adorable characters, especially Luka Megurine , Rin Megurine
and of course Miku Hatsune. i cannot stress enough how much i love the way SEGA managed to render these three.

anyway, Project Diva F has basically introduced me to Vocaloid songs.
even though i was aware of the phenomenon beforehand,
it took this game, and this particular song
to get this old timer to finally take some serious notice...
Old 2013-11-09, 05:21   Link #71
Leo Keichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasuke Shichiri View Post
anyway, Project Diva F has basically introduced me to Vocaloid songs.
even though i was aware of the phenomenon beforehand,
it took this game, and this particular song
to get this old timer to finally take some serious notice...
It was something similar with me. Project Diva F 2nd is a sure buy for me already. It would be great if they put some of the Aku no Monogatari / Story of Evil songs. Actually, I don't know that many songs yet, since I felt overwhelmed with how many songs they like to put in just one game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Also: remember that the PS4 controller can only be used wired with the PS3 (it'll work like any USB controller. That's also how they claim it to work "for basic functions" with a PC).
Seriously? I can't believe such a detail was going unnoticed by me. That sucks, actually. I don't even know if I'm going to buy the controller anymore... Maybe I'll try to find a wireless headphone instead. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I just hope that they were looking into this game as an experiment to bring more of their currently Japan-only properties to western shores.
x2

Keep them coming, Sega.
Leo Keichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-09, 05:43   Link #72
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Keichi View Post
Seriously? I can't believe such a detail was going unnoticed by me. That sucks, actually. I don't even know if I'm going to buy the controller anymore... Maybe I'll try to find a wireless headphone instead. Thanks for the tip.
The good thing about the PS3 (and one I'm still pissed at Sony for dropping with the PS4 apparently) is that it supported virtually any bluetooth stereo headset. That means you don't have to buy the Sony branded ones and can shop around. It also means you can re-use them with your phone, laptop or anything else that supports bluetooth.
Old 2013-11-09, 09:33   Link #73
JohnNiles

I'm not quite as fond of rhythm games as some (I buy them, and quickly give up on them), but I'm seriously thinking of getting the Vita version too. If the Vita sales numbers are good, surely that will signal to Sega that they can take more chances with bringing games over.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-05, 20:18   Link #74
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Old 2014-02-06, 22:23   Link #75
Hana
izumi

Really excited for this! I was just going to import this game too but.. this is nice too. I heard all the DLC is going to be in it..?
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 11:12   Link #76
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Looks like Sega America finally realized they have a market, and just have announced Diva f 2nd for US and Europe for this fall.

It makes me wonder why they took so long for f1 Vita version, but at least both version will be sold at the same time it seems.
Also... for some odd reason, the YT video is unlisted.
Old 2014-03-25, 11:56   Link #77
Hana
izumi

Can't wait~ I'm greatly enjoying the first game. I kinda suck at it though..
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 12:58   Link #78
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Forgot to post this video. Can't help but grin and find it quite cute.

Makes me wonder if this honed 3D model will be used later, as it is really far more detailed than the current PDF 3D model.
Old 2014-03-25, 14:22   Link #79
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That is a nice bit of news. Guess the first release did well enough then .

Definitely nice to see different types of games coming over here more.
Old 2014-03-25, 16:57   Link #80
Dextro
He Without a Title

Excelent! Excelent! I was disapointed in not having "The World is Mine" on the previous game. Now I'm just wondering if I'll stick with the PS3 version or if I'll buy the Vita one this time. Can anyone comment on how it feels to play the game on the Vita? I tried the demo but didn't really manage to get the feeling of it.