AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2006-04-11, 16:43   Link #321
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
I wonder if this show will become popular enough to warrant a separate forum. That way we can separate the club-related stuff from the actual episode discussions ^_^;
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 16:47   Link #322
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainz
Holy crap! RPI person!
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 16:47   Link #323
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

This series is just pure awesomeness.

Probably the biggest surprise series of this season.
Old 2006-04-11, 16:59   Link #324
Paracelsus

And for the fun of it, the rapidshare version of the ending gundam version >.>

If someone recovered it after the removing from youtube, and posted it here before me, I don't care <.<

http://rapidshare.de/files/17527561/...mpare.avi.html
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 17:00   Link #325
Deiwos
Tatakau Waitress

Send a message via MSN to Deiwos
Spoiler for Please don't ban me:
Deiwos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 17:04   Link #326
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Spoiler for Another (forced) recruitment banner...:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
I wonder if this show will become popular enough to warrant a separate forum. That way we can separate the club-related stuff from the actual episode discussions ^_^;
I wonder if the fanbase will eventually faction into groups coalesced around each of the main female characters like with 'Shuffle!'.

Then we'll end up having a 'Hail Hail Haruhi', MM(mune mune?) Mikuru, YY Yuki...

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by melange; 2006-04-11 at 17:22.
melange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 17:23   Link #327
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainz
Reading the recent posts, I noticed that it's been stated that the director has worked in independent films before, and it really shows... brilliant job.
The director is Ishihara Tatsuya. The series coordinator is Yamamoto Yutaka. There's a difference between the two.

If you are interested, you can also check out screenshots of Yamamoto-san's independent films on his webpage:
http://web.kyoto-inet.or.jp/people/kanku/works.html
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 17:25   Link #328
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis
Spoiler for Speculations on Kyon:

Also:

Spoiler for OP sequence:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-11, 17:26   Link #329
rainz
original vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
The director is Ishihara Tatsuya. The series coordinator is Yamamoto Yutaka.
Ah I see. Sorry for misreading your earlier post.
rainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 17:36   Link #330
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Spoiler for alternate version of 2nd (roman) recruitment banner:

"Every man has two countries, his own and France" - Attributed to Thomas Jefferson
Old 2006-04-11, 17:43   Link #331
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Okay, okay I admit it. I actually decided to watch other, much crappier series over this one, mainly because the weird animation of the first episode (which didn't occur to me was actually intentional) turned me off 5 mins into the show. Boy do I regret it, since this show is the funniest anime series in recent memory. It would take a whole damn lot to knock this series as my #1 show to watch this season.

BTW, while I'm sure it's already commented (too lazy to wade through the 17 pages), the ending dance is so effing loveable the way it's animated. They should have a DVD bonus in which they animate the characters dancing to the full song; that would be wickedly cool.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2006-04-11 at 18:03.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 18:09   Link #332
amonrei

Heh i realised that it was intentional when i saw the opening credits. XD

Yeah the ending dance animation is very nice. I'm pretty sure that it's cellshaded 3D.
Some part that is. (22:49.782 - 22:55.388 , 23:16.042 - 23:17.744 & 23:19.946 - 23:25.051)

Last edited by amonrei; 2006-04-11 at 18:47. Reason: More Precise >_>
amonrei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 18:12   Link #333
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by amonrei
Heh i realised that it was intentional when i saw the opening credits. XD

Yeah the ending dance animation is very nice. I'm pretty sure that it's cellshaded 3D.
Nope. It's hand-drawn with a tonne of key-frames used. 3D can't handle something like that.
Old 2006-04-11, 19:08   Link #334
daemoness
Slave to cuteness

The animation in episode two really makes some of the anime I'm watching look horrible in comparison. All anime should be made high quality like this!
daemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 19:18   Link #335
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Holy crap this thread is getting really popular. I sleep and go to classes for a few hours and I end up a few pages behind T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
I wonder if the fanbase will eventually faction into groups coalesced around each of the main female characters like with 'Shuffle!'.

Then we'll end up having a 'Hail Hail Haruhi', MM(mune mune?) Mikuru, YY Yuki...
In that case, I propose divisions within the S.O.S dan. For example, Nagato Yuki fans could belong to the uujuujin division simply because she's everyone's favourite evil-magician alien etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemoness
The animation in episode two really makes some of the anime I'm watching look horrible in comparison. All anime should be made high quality like this!
Mindyou, keeping that level of quality throughout an entire series (wether 12 or 26 episodes) would cost a truckload to execute. Some studios simply can't get the money to create such high quality product.

@DannoHung: Nice ID cards, they will serve well to unite all S.O.S. members

Omg KiNa and Maids! wandered over to this thread Can I assume that there'd be more crazy avatars and a ton of image posts in the near future?^^
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 19:27   Link #336
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
In that case, I propose divisions within the S.O.S dan. For example, Nagato Yuki fans could belong to the uujuujin division simply because she's everyone's favourite evil-magician alien etc.
In that case, wouldn't the ID-cards have to demarcate those divisions?

This thought just occured to me...

S.uzumiya Haruhi
O.riginal (Obsessed?)
S.upporters
dan. Any other ideas?

Old 2006-04-11, 19:55   Link #337
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

I just had an epiphany. The series is technically brilliant and the characters are awesome and stuff, but the reason I'm really getting into this is y'know, because I believe they're out there. Fluke Man, the Matrix, Zombies, Space Travellers, giant governmental conspiracies about Fluoride in the Water supply.

I mean, I'm not sure which ones have happened or not (except the Chupacabra, damned Chupacabra), but I believe that stuff's out there, somewhere.

edit: BTW, it's worth noting that the card's aren't set in stone... I mean, seriously, a computer that used stone as a storage medium? That would suck, the throughput on that sort of media would be glacierlike.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 20:03   Link #338
Shirobane
Haruhiism Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange
In that case, wouldn't the ID-cards have to demarcate those divisions?

This thought just occured to me...

S.uzumiya Haruhi
O.riginal (Obsessed?)
S.upporters
dan. Any other ideas?
Yes, divisions would have to be indicated on the ID cards...OR it could be indicated on the subtext of the username, as indicated over to the left of this post

For the abbreviation, that is awesome. It could be more general if the entire name of the show was appended to Suzumiya Haruhi, say:
S.uzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
O.riginal (Obsessed?)
S.upporters
dan.

Also, anyone noticed how fitting the background scores were for episode 2? I don't think the light-hearted environment could be conveyed as well without the happy-go-lucky background music.
Shirobane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-11, 20:23   Link #339
melange
Reset, reset, reset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirobane
It could be more general if the entire name of the show was appended to Suzumiya Haruhi, say:
S.uzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu
O.riginal (Obsessed?)
S.upporters
dan.
That makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoHung
edit: BTW, it's worth noting that the card's aren't set in stone... I mean, seriously, a computer that used stone as a storage medium? That would suck, the throughput on that sort of media would be glacierlike.
I'm still a bit confused on on cards... like what does the rank mean? Is the agent number just random? And I'm going to have a hard time coming up with 'specializations'

So... if 'divisions' for different favourite characters are going to be put in..
Spoiler for just in case:
Or is that too complicated? Maybe a simple Haruhi brigade/Yuki brigade/Mikuru brigade etc would be better...

Old 2006-04-11, 20:28   Link #340
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3
It would take a whole damn lot to knock this series as my #1 show to watch this season.
I have to agree there. This is easily my favorite anime so far this year. The only thing I can think of being wrong with it is the first episode might turn people off, which has been mentioned before. I've already recommended it to a few friends.

KyoAni does it again.

Tags
comedy, kadokawa, school life, science fiction, shounen