Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-10-23, 00:41   Link #641
Queeny
<3

@preSage

Quote:

Hmm, not much to c44. Pretty much a big Zero flashback, which we know all too well. T_T It seems that Hino-sensei probably decided at the beginning that VK will be Zero-centric, and Kaname is just his antagonist in the story. That kind of sucks
Indeed !!!

Quote:
There is so much history and mystery behind Kaname that I really wish she would start (if she ever intended to at all) to focus on him. All the reader is getting right now is how Zero thinks and feels and suffers but we rarely get such a similar monologue for Kaname. And, is it just me, or has VK suddenly focused more on Zero than on the story's true protagonist Yuuki? O_o
if she intend to made a second arc , there might be a chance to know more
about kaname .. etc

but if she keeps focusing on zero , this is really sucks !! even yuuki didn't have
the spot light as zero !

Quote:
And Zero is not getting the point which his sensei (Yagari) had tried to convey to him very early on; that is to stop wallowing in his misery and start using his new ability for some meaningful purpose (and so far, his logic has not been meaningful). Zero can at least think about defending his human classmates (like Yuuki) or try to understand the real political war that's going on - like what the Headmaster Cross and Kaname are facing right now. At the moment, the other three main characters have a purpose but Zero is the wild card. Whatever he eventually decides will tip the scale in this battle against, not human versus vampires but corrupted Vampires and conniving Vampire Hunters.
I don't know , from this chapter it's tell us that zero can't forget the past ..
maybe he will change his mind and do something or maybe not ..

I think it's 50% lol
Quote:
By the way, is that black thing appearing behind Kaname at the beginning of the chapter something he conjured up or is that a remnant of Rido appearing behind him. O_o?
I'm afraid it's the curse ! if this things connected to rido , then kaname will
suffer and can't get close to yuuki , I think this black thing may help rido to get back ... reborn again

still ..
if yuuki do something , like giving him her blood .. maybe there is a chance to
be cured and kicked Rido

" if it's really him , I mean the black thing "

by the way :
is it only me or :
that yuuki treating zero like kaname do to her ??
I mean till now I saw her feeling sorry for him , a pity not a love . " a couple "
she indeed love him as a part of her family , as a brother ..

but , still we can't know yuuki Thoughts ...
Queeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 04:19   Link #642
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I really enjoy this issue. It's nice to hear Zero's own thoughts and his feelings on Yuuki. Wow, child Yuuki is so adorable!
Old 2008-10-23, 08:14   Link #643
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Saw this Chapter 44 and I think Having to see Zero's
real (maybe) feelings about Yuuki made me think again...
Yuuki's just so kind!? is there a girl like her ?

Yet,my opinion towards Zero has now changed
I see him as a better man than before. Than his
Emo self.. I now think he wont be killed by Yuuki..
Since its Zero's feelings in this chapter predictions
came to me in chapter 45 it might be about Kaname's feelings
and hope a bit about his past.
Wonder what does Yuuki feels?
Great Chapter and Yuuki as a child so adorable! xD
cant wait for the next one!(artbook too!)
skyfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-23, 12:15   Link #644
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

After reading chapter 44, Yuuki's just too kind. Too kind for her own good. Zero's wondering what his problem with Kaname is, but it's just an insane bout of jealousy.

Drop the gun Zero. There's nothing to be gained from killing Yuuki. =/

Last edited by Droplet; 2008-10-23 at 12:27.
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 14:06   Link #645
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
By the way, is that black thing appearing behind Kaname at the beginning of the chapter something he conjured up or is that a remnant of Rido appearing behind him. O_o?
I thought the same, and I thought what Kaname said in the beginning was towards Rido for some reason but I could just be wrong and it was probably Zero he was refering to >__>

Chp 44 was alright.
I was itching for some more action but I guess the pacing needs to be slowed down alittle? But I was a bit sad that most of the stuff we already knew/saw, the only difference was that it was in Zero's narration. At least it's a nice setup for what's worst ( OR good ) to come between him and Yuuki.

About the whole promise back then of Yuuki-killing-Zero-if he-goes-crazy thing, it depends entirely on Yuuki, not him. When Zero yelled at her on why he didn't kill him now, it's obvious of course Zero thinks himself as crazy but Yuuki on the other hand wielded her weapon without hesisitant but we haven't had any inside thoughts of her clearly yet ( probably in next chapter? ) Either she just sees the typical troubled Zero as always or she believes the time has come. She can either kill him now or not....or later. Eh.

Oh yeah, I didn't understand the meaning of the last page of chp 44

The version I'm talking about is on Onemanga.
..unless it's an unfinished saying continued only to chapter 45?

Last edited by Starry Dust; 2008-10-28 at 16:45.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-28, 02:29   Link #646
ila-chan
ermmm...

Reread it over and over again just for the art of Hino sensei's...

I've changed my mind. I think that the black thing behind Kaname is actually Kaname himself. Like Rido has the ability to shape-shifted himself with his blood; and the bat from Kaname's blood in ch 43... it's possible really. Those words are probably meant for Zero... of Ichiou. Who knows.

Zero is actually a suicidal. That's the easiest way to describe him. He couldn't care less about living, and Yuuki is always there to stop him for meeting his maker. If you had your whole world crushed in front of your eyes, you could only think about dying in order to stop the pain.

Zero is bound to the 'I will kill you, Zero' promise. Yuuki wouldn't do it. She (and Ichiru) are the people who wouldn't let him be. The end of ch 44 is just something that Zero thinks in the brink of insanity so that's that.
ila-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-29, 00:48   Link #647
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ila-chan View Post
Zero is actually a suicidal. That's the easiest way to describe him. He couldn't care less about living, and Yuuki is always there to stop him for meeting his maker. If you had your whole world crushed in front of your eyes, you could only think about dying in order to stop the pain.

Zero is bound to the 'I will kill you, Zero' promise. Yuuki wouldn't do it. She (and Ichiru) are the people who wouldn't let him be. The end of ch 44 is just something that Zero thinks in the brink of insanity so that's that.
And that's the reason why Yagari wanted to kill him before. Yagari was disappointed that after risking his own life and his eye to save Zero long ago, only to have his student wanting to kill himself now when he faces hardship.

I just realize that Yuuki's friend, Yuri, is a perfect balance to Zero's "kill all vampires". Despite finding out that Yuuki is a vampire, Yuri still calls her a dear friend - a complete opposite reaction to what we saw from Zero.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 03:52   Link #648
skyfirefly
Reisen + Cuppy Cake ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
And that's the reason why Yagari wanted to kill him before. Yagari was disappointed that after risking his own life and his eye to save Zero long ago, only to have his student wanting to kill himself now when he faces hardship.

I just realize that Yuuki's friend, Yuri, is a perfect balance to Zero's "kill all vampires". Despite finding out that Yuuki is a vampire, Yuri still calls her a dear friend - a complete opposite reaction to what we saw from Zero.
hehe.And even though Yori and Yuuki aint so much together and close as Zero
and Yuuki, still Yori cares about Yuuki more (as a friend).
Why Zero? Why Kaname? Dont let it be a yuri ending
skyfirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 18:09   Link #649
lightbringer
M9000

Even without the suicidal tendencies, Zero's prospects don't look too good right now. Sure, the descent has been postponed, and he's gotten pretty powerful, but it's still not clear just how much time he's bought by drinking Kaname's blood.

I'm not too sure if Yuri realizes just what Yuuki is, yet. Sure, on some level she understands that Yuuki and those other Night Class guys are vampires, but it probably hasn't really sunk in. And Yuri doesn't know about Yuuki being a pureblood, or even about what purebloods are, or just how monstrous their existence can be. Zero understands these things very well. Nevertheless, Yuri will probably stay Yuuki's friend. But for her to be Zero's antithesis, she needs to get a lot more information than she has right now.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-30, 22:17   Link #650
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Even without the suicidal tendencies, Zero's prospects don't look too good right now. Sure, the descent has been postponed, and he's gotten pretty powerful, but it's still not clear just how much time he's bought by drinking Kaname's blood.

I'm not too sure if Yuri realizes just what Yuuki is, yet. Sure, on some level she understands that Yuuki and those other Night Class guys are vampires, but it probably hasn't really sunk in. And Yuri doesn't know about Yuuki being a pureblood, or even about what purebloods are, or just how monstrous their existence can be. Zero understands these things very well. Nevertheless, Yuri will probably stay Yuuki's friend. But for her to be Zero's antithesis, she needs to get a lot more information than she has right now.
On the contrary, I think she serves as Zero's anti-thesis equally well (perhaps even better) with the little knowledge she has now. Recall how the two human girls reacted when Aidou sucked Yuuki's blood in the first or second episode of the first season. They screamed "Vampires" and nearly fainted. The name 'Vampire' alone instills all the dark stereotype that has always accompanied these night creatures. In fact, Yori's lack of true understanding about Vampires makes her all the more vulnerable to be swayed by these stereotypes that Vampires are purely and simply evil - completely incapable of anything good. Zero's greater knowledge about Vampires (both the depth of their evil AND the capability of them being good) should actually give him a better leverage in his opinion of these ceatures, while Yori should actually be swayed more by steretypical prejudice.

But I suppose if you consider the trauma that Yori might face witnessing a Vampire luncheon (or be one herself), she may be frightened but I still think she's capable of overcoming her fear and make Yuuki an exception, either way - unlike Zero.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-10-31, 17:23   Link #651
lightbringer
M9000

That's a different way of looking at it Well, let's just agree that Yori will remain Yuuki's friend no matter what.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-02, 14:33   Link #652
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
That's a different way of looking at it Well, let's just agree that Yori will remain Yuuki's friend no matter what.
Agreed. At least Yuuki has one true human friend she can count on. I wonder if Yori will play a more important role later on, especially when the school's vampire/human peace system seems to be breaking down now - putting everyone (human and vampire students alike) in real danger.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-11-03, 13:50   Link #653
fainessae
7 years bad luck

Ah, Yori discussion. <3 It's so rare to find these days.

Yori has actually always been apprehensive about the Night Class (even before the reveal), and she's always subtly supported Zero throughout the story. She accepts Yuuki because she's a kind and true friend, but I would not extend that acceptance to all vampires at this point. Yori's no vampire fangirl. She's not going to just accept all other vampires just because Yuuki is now a vampire. I don't for a minute think she's that foolish.

I too hope that she will play a pivotal role in the future for Yuuki. She provides a nice counterpoint to Kaname and the Night Class's perspectives. She will be able to bring Yuuki the human perspective, since it seems inevitable that Zero will leave Yuuki's side for a good few upcoming chapters.
fainessae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 14:05   Link #654
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fainessae View Post
Ah, Yori discussion. <3 It's so rare to find these days.

Yori has actually always been apprehensive about the Night Class (even before the reveal), and she's always subtly supported Zero throughout the story. She accepts Yuuki because she's a kind and true friend, but I would not extend that acceptance to all vampires at this point. Yori's no vampire fangirl. She's not going to just accept all other vampires just because Yuuki is now a vampire. I don't for a minute think she's that foolish.

I too hope that she will play a pivotal role in the future for Yuuki. She provides a nice counterpoint to Kaname and the Night Class's perspectives. She will be able to bring Yuuki the human perspective, since it seems inevitable that Zero will leave Yuuki's side for a good few upcoming chapters.
No, I never thought Yori accepts all vampires just because she accepted Yuuki. She is human after all - and vampires will always be a creature of darkness to a human. But her acceptance of Yuuki, as a person and not hate her because of what she has become, really sets an example of an action that Zero continues to struggle with.

In the next couple of chapters, it may be that the three will go separate ways to pursue their own beliefs/goals...all of which will ultimately converge together again in the end. What I want to know now is what Headmaster Cross is up to, since it seems that he has returned to the battlefield once again.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2008-11-04, 15:33   Link #655
fainessae
7 years bad luck

I would say that chapter 44 makes it fairly clear that Zero accepts Yuuki as she is. He says that her gaze has not changed (and in 43 even told her that she had "done nothing wrong"), which implies that he accepts that she is still Yuuki, herself, despite having changed species. Zero's real problem isn't Yuuki's change or vampires themselves--it's himself, as chapter 44 has made pretty clear I think. He also mentions in the chapter when Yuuki's blood awakens (38 or 39 I think) that he sympathizes with both Yuuki and Kaname through their blood mixing in his body. His feelings for vampires, given this, are not nearly as clear as they may seem.

Yori's understanding of Yuuki as vampire comes from a completely different angle than Zero's. Yori wasn't brought up hunting vampires, viewing them as danger. She wasn't changed into a vampire herself, and therefore knowing the dangers firsthand. Her experience with vampires is on a wholly different level than Zero's (and, I might add, a far less knowledgeable one), and to expect him to react in exactly the same manner is probably too much. So while yes, I agree that Yori is a great example to the other characters in the story, I think Zero's coming to the same answer in his own way. His perspective is just different than Yori's though.

Quote:
In the next couple of chapters, it may be that the three will go separate ways to pursue their own beliefs/goals...all of which will ultimately converge together again in the end. What I want to know now is what Headmaster Cross is up to, since it seems that he has returned to the battlefield once again.
Don't even get me started on the mysterious disappearance of Kaien and Yagari. ;_; This is my only complaint with recent chapters--how could Hino get us all set up for a fantastic battle against the Hunters and then drop it into the background? I really hope we don't just get an "aftermath" version--I definitely wanted to know more about that section.
fainessae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 18:04   Link #656
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

I hope to finally see, in the next chapters, Kaien's past. Too much tension around him, and I'm dying to know his reasons to start the school. I mean, he used to be a hunter, a really good one, and what made him change his mind?

And about separated routes, If I ever have to see Yuuki alone (with no Kaname or Zero) for more than two or three chapters, I drop this manga.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-04, 22:47   Link #657
Mirakuru

I think humans who had no former awareness of vampires would act much like Yori did. At the moment, we've only been exposed to her first impressions. Given that Yori has been quite a stable character throughout the series though, I'm pretty sure she'll support Yuuki all the way. Zero, on the other hand, has experienced deaths of loved ones at the hands of vampires, and was born a hunter.. so his acceptance of vampires will be more time-consuming. I say this because I don't doubt that he will eventually overcome his hate of them. As aforementioned, chapter 44 has already shown the beginning of his acceptnace of Yuuki. Hopefully his slow welcoming of vampires will also lead to self-acceptance on his behalf. What I really want to see is Zero being sincerely happy in the true sense of the word, and smiling with all of his heart.. ever since the beginning of the series, he hasn't been given a break. =[

I agree, we need more Kaien and Yagari!! xD Regarding Kaien's past.. wasn't Juuri involved? I would really really love to see their backstory. ^^; I wonder if their past is supposed to be reminiscient of Zero and Yuuki.. ? I've always wondered about that..

There IS so much more left for the manga to cover! I'm also really looking forward to Yuuki's reentrance (or maybe her primary entrance, since she was never properly introduced) into the vampire society. I also want to learn more about the Kuran ancestor, who Kaname is supposed to be. Right now, I'm actually a bit confused over the whole ancestor-brother ordeal (still xD). ^^; A little clarification would greatly be appreciated. =P (I get that Kaname is the ancestor in Haruka and Juuri's son's body, but.. I want to know how Rido resurrected him, what happened to the Kuran ancestor-guy, etc.) Now that I think about it, I wonder how I expected the manga to end soon. xD There are so many loose ends to tie up! I'm guessing that either Zero will probably leave for a chapter or two (probably more.. but I don't want that )=) and try to elimate the world from more purebloods (or something along those lines).. =X Or he may go and possiby support Yuuki from the get-go. But I think that he has to grow a bit more before he can get to that point. I also worry that he will become the next antagonist. Since it's somebody who has already been introduced, there's a likely chance it will be either Zero or Kaname. Or the tables can turn and it can be somebody unexpected, or there will be some sort of twist. ^^; I can't even imagine.. either way, I hope the next chapter has some immediate action and decision-making. Even though I loved that the last chapter had some nice Zero POV.. I was really itching for some important choices to be made. xD

Last edited by Mirakuru; 2008-11-04 at 22:53. Reason: speeeelling xD
Mirakuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-05, 12:36   Link #658
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

chap 44.

Mostly a flashback chapter. Any ZeroXYuuki fan will love this.

Story didn't progress much at all. It basically ended right after the last scene on the last chapter. Damn. >_>.
NoOneKnowS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 21:45   Link #659
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Little question I have. I ask here because probably it'll bring some spoilers, maybe.

So, what is Rido to Shiki? Rido refers to Shiki as "son" but, as far as I understand, Rido is a pureblood and Shiki isn't, so I find it hard for them to be related.

Probably is something I missed while reading, but just in case
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-06, 22:28   Link #660
Slick_rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadwings View Post
Little question I have. I ask here because probably it'll bring some spoilers, maybe.

So, what is Rido to Shiki? Rido refers to Shiki as "son" but, as far as I understand, Rido is a pureblood and Shiki isn't, so I find it hard for them to be related.

Probably is something I missed while reading, but just in case
Rido is a pureblood but Shiki's mother is just a noble, this is why Shiki cannot be considered a pureblood. Being a noble implies having an ancestor who was a human in your family at some point while pureblood only have original vampire ancestors.

Tags
manga