AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2014-10-30, 17:56   Link #10301
ChampDream
Alive

That was something else, for a moment I thought he could remake chapter 1, also I'm surprise Hata got almost sued.
Old 2014-10-30, 19:35   Link #10302
ellifeedn
Thinker

Sued by who?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 19:38   Link #10303
Death Usagi
Banned

When I was reading the chapter, for a moment I thought someone uploaded the wrong chapter lol...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 20:14   Link #10304
Shadow5YA

Can anyone explain the lawsuit mentioned in the chapter?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 21:08   Link #10305
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Sued by who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Can anyone explain the lawsuit mentioned in the chapter?
since I was also curious I began searching and found out that is was probably Square Enix (need someone to verify this), also it seem Hata-sensei have worked hard to erase any evidence (it was really hard to find it).
Edit: or maybe it was Bandai Entertainment.

Last edited by ChampDream; 2014-10-30 at 21:22.
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-30, 22:07   Link #10306
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
My favorite part was definitely Maria from 10 years ago.
Ditto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I kinda preferred that art style...
I do prefer that character design. The characters had more personality with that character design.

It is amazing to see how easily he can shift back to that style of art. That being said, I think the only reason he does the current character design is because it is simplistic, thus making it easier (and quicker) to draw.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-31, 08:45   Link #10307
madmac

It is interesting to compare Hata's evolving artstyles. I kinda like the uniqueness of the old style, but I think for the most part (Some redesigns are better then others.) the newer style is actually better. Especially the eyes, he honestly used to draw some really weird eyes.

Really, I think it's a classic progression for a serial artist. His older work is more detailed, but less polished. Comparing the redone chapter with the original one, he removes a good bit of unnecessary detail and needlessly long (and repetitive) conversations with unimportant characters. The panels flow better and the character posing and expression is mostly improved and easier to understand.

It's a phase I think a lot of artists go through, as you practice more and more you get better at doing more with less. The overall impression matters more then the details. Like, I think Nagi's outfit from the first chapter looks a lot better now even though it's less detailed.

Now, that said Hata obviously still puts out chapters that are clearly rushed/low-effort artwise, but that's always been true. When he puts the work in his art is always really good and I love his style. I need to get around to digging up and hording all his color splash pages one of these days, I love those things...
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-01, 15:01   Link #10308
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
My favorite part was definitely Maria from 10 years ago.
this
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
It is interesting to compare Hata's evolving artstyles. I kinda like the uniqueness of the old style, but I think for the most part (Some redesigns are better then others.) the newer style is actually better. Especially the eyes, he honestly used to draw some really weird eyes.

Really, I think it's a classic progression for a serial artist. His older work is more detailed, but less polished. Comparing the redone chapter with the original one, he removes a good bit of unnecessary detail and needlessly long (and repetitive) conversations with unimportant characters. The panels flow better and the character posing and expression is mostly improved and easier to understand.

It's a phase I think a lot of artists go through, as you practice more and more you get better at doing more with less. The overall impression matters more then the details. Like, I think Nagi's outfit from the first chapter looks a lot better now even though it's less detailed.

Now, that said Hata obviously still puts out chapters that are clearly rushed/low-effort artwise, but that's always been true. When he puts the work in his art is always really good and I love his style. I need to get around to digging up and hording all his color splash pages one of these days, I love those things...
*i'm gonna cry*
i actually like more the old art..and eyes
Old 2014-11-01, 16:24   Link #10309
madmac

I didn't say the old style was bad.

I just think he's improved as a comic artist overall. I mean, he's been drawing the manga for 10 years now, he'd better have.
Old 2014-11-02, 09:43   Link #10310
GDB

He's definitely improved, but I feel he's also regressed. His best art was definitely around the Hina birthday through Golden Week arcs. After that he just seemed to get lazy. If I had to guess, because the series got popular enough that he felt he didn't HAVE to put as much attention into the drawing.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 10:00   Link #10311
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Or possibly he had other demands on his time. Or maybe we're just imagining things.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 10:54   Link #10312
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Or possibly he had other demands on his time. Or maybe we're just imagining things.
Conspiracy Theorists...

Conspiracy Theorists Everywhere...

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 15:41   Link #10313
GlassesLady
dat apple

His art was highest-quality around the Golden Week arc, but I think that sort of style works best with the more dramatic storylines that were going on around then, really. The goofier stuff we're getting now works better with something simpler.

And darn, I was hoping he'd get to redrawing Hayate and Nagi's first meeting, too. :P

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-02, 17:52   Link #10314
ellifeedn
Thinker

Do you guys have pics to compare?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 10:33   Link #10315
GlassesLady
dat apple

Pics would pretty much be most of this chapter versus the first pages of the first chapter.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-03, 10:37   Link #10316
GDB

This is the internet. Hayate chapters are not hard to find. Pretty much anywhere that you'd be able to read this chapter, you'd be able to read any chapter. Just check the art between the first chapter, the recent chapters, and the Golden Week chapters.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 17:07   Link #10317
AstroNerdBoy

Another girl to address Hayate as "Hayate-sama." *lol*

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-04, 19:10   Link #10318
Seitsuki
Onee!

That was glorious. New best girl!
Old 2014-11-04, 20:27   Link #10319
madmac

Well that was unexpected.

Though now that it's come to this can she possibly end up working anywhere else except the Mansion/Violet Mansion?
Old 2014-11-04, 20:35   Link #10320
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

That was a fun chapter. and lol at our "sinful main character"

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen