1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.83%
Voters: 241. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-09, 20:14   Link #401
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

All's well the ends well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It is a valid excuse, because CB's goal wasn't military victory. If this was a "war", the Gundams could have attacked all the capital cities of the world in episode 1 and be done with it.
Perhaps war wasn't the correct word, but it really is beside the point. I am aware of the Celestial Beings goal and didn't intend to imply they were out for world domination. Whats important is their method of achieving the goal...combat, which again begs the question: why fight handicapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
You saw what it did to Exia's speed. With the more long range type Gundams chances are the power of their weapons would increase, so the chances for more unintentional deaths is higher. Plus would you really want to trust a bunch of people straight off with that kind of power if you weren't sure about them? A lot can happen in 200 years and it's obvious a movement against what CB is trying to achieve formed. It's too big a risk with the kind of tech going around.
Honestly I'm glad the Gundams didn't start out at full power since it wouldn't have been much of a story. I suppose we could go back and forth for hours imagining possible scenarios but a lot of my own opinion is also based on speculation so I won't really argue the matter any further. I was just attempting to evaluate the situation from a practical perspective.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 20:17   Link #402
NeonZ

Quote:
Whats important is their method of achieving the goal...combat, which again begs the question: why fight handicapped?
As I've been saying, the answer is obvious. It was a measure to stop people like Alejandro from destroying Celestial Being by hiding the true powers of the GN Drive, calling the piece which multiplies their power just a filter of sorts.

If the Trans-Am was known beforehand, there's no reason Alejandro wouldn't have produced GN Drives with it.
NeonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 20:33   Link #403
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonZ View Post
As I've been saying, the answer is obvious. It was a measure to stop people like Alejandro from destroying Celestial Being by hiding the true powers of the GN Drive, calling the piece which multiplies their power just a filter of sorts.

If the Trans-Am was known beforehand, there's no reason Alejandro wouldn't have produced GN Drives with it.
To sum it all up, the latest powerup was hidden as a countermeasure against traitors. It isn't part of VEDA's plan; it is a response against people who try to take over, thinking that they held all the cards.
Old 2008-03-09, 20:44   Link #404
neoeagle

one Trans-Am

to own them all.10/10
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 20:58   Link #405
JaoJao
The One and Only!

wow that was a great episode, but i don't like how all the trinity's died except for nena. if anything, nena should be the first one to die, shes really a B****.
JaoJao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 21:02   Link #406
UnknownSoldier

Anyone else think 'Omnislash' near the end?
UnknownSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 21:03   Link #407
Jays

Did anyone else notice how Johan says "We were made for this?" or something like that? I really think that the Trinity Siblings were not part of the original Miesters, or rather are not ment to be taken in the same league. They look like they were made by Laguna Havley, seen as they took direct orders from him, and their Thrones pocess the same GN Drive as the GN-X. Also to boot the fact that they can't interface with Trans-am, or have no connection with the backup system Alioa Schienberg had put up, I think really calls to question exactly what purpose they served, if not just for the sake of expediating the process.

Maybe we will get some answers from Nena when she gets it from Setsuna, as I doubt she has anywere to go now.
Jays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 21:14   Link #408
Kuroyuki
Obscure Unknown

I think many posters have the wrong idea about the Trans-AM system. When I first watched the episode, I too thought that the power-up (this time an actual power-up), use the red GN particles. But upon several re-watchings of Exia Rouge (my preferred name for it) completely pwning Zwei, I realized that it wasn't red GN particles being emitted from Exia Rouge's exhaust. Take a close look at the Exia during the fight, the power flowing through the gundam was indeed a red light, but the particles/exhaust were still white.

I personally think that this made more sense, given that Celestial Being had done thorough research into the technology, and had the true GN-drives, they would know the problems with the red particles, and would therefore avoid, ie. the TD Plunket (sp.?). I think it's safe to say that Celestial Being, and Aeolia Schenberg, would not have allowed such a risky system to beused by the Meisters.

This could also be why they said in the episode that Lockon's eye would be okay in three weeks, since they already had preparations for the radiation and effects for the red GN particles.

What do you guys think?

-K
Kuroyuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 21:53   Link #409
JediNight
キズランダム

I thought about that too -- why Louise hand wouldn't heal, but they can supposedly heal Lockon's eye from the same particles. That may mean that Setsuna becomes aware of Louise being injured bc of the Trinitys in the future and get her help from CB.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 22:01   Link #410
JediNight
キズランダム

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Nena first came in and I was like "Oh look, an actual competent main female Gundam/MS pilot for once, cross your fingers"

I was wrong

Nena ends up being just as useless as Lunamaria and the rest it seems...
Old 2008-03-09, 22:05   Link #411
Trine

Touche

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. Nena first came in and I was like "Oh look, an actual competent main female Gundam/MS pilot for once, cross your fingers"

I was wrong

And she isn't even worth rescuing, either. She has nothing going for her, if I was Setsuna, I'd leave her to rot or for Soma to come back and finish her.

Good riddance.
Trine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 22:11   Link #412
JediNight
キズランダム

Lunamaria was pretty sad, because she was even an "Elite" and she sucked so bad that it makes you wonder what the normal ones were like if she was Elite and good enough to be stationed on their new state-of-the-art flagship lol...
Old 2008-03-09, 22:31   Link #413
Trine

Quote:
Lunamaria was pretty sad, because she was even an "Elite" and she sucked so bad that it makes you wonder what the normal ones were like if she was Elite and good enough to be stationed on their new state-of-the-art flagship lol...
I actually liked Lunamaria, best female pilot since Quess and Haman in my humble opinion. Nena has exhibited no skill thus far, beyond surprise attacking Ali in his Enact, but I call that a lucky shot.
Old 2008-03-09, 22:42   Link #414
allenephilim88

Goood episode. Ali sure knows how to pilot a Gundam (even though no one knows how he was able to). The Trans-Am system looks cool but it must have a side-effect, something like "dont use it to much or you will die because of some strain", or "it will leave you senile after 5 times" or something.

Wang riu Ming was a like..."Sorry, I canīt help you. By the way, there are some GN-X heading your location to own you. See ya."

By the way, did anyone noticed the new equipment on Kyrios in the previews of ep 23??? It had some kind of propulsor things similar to the things Dynames has on itīs butt.
allenephilim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 22:50   Link #415
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

Still around...

Quote:
Well she's not dead yet...I assume there's some significance in the fact that Setsuna stepped in before Ali finished her off. Letting her get killed would have been a convenient way to wrap up and remove trinity from the series altogether.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 22:58   Link #416
Advent
Cloud

it makes u wonder wat role Nena will play now that team trinity got wtfpwned by Ali. Im surprised that she wasnt crying and would ask wat the hell is that about trans am exia.
Advent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:02   Link #417
Trine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advent View Post
it makes u wonder wat role Nena will play now that team trinity got wtfpwned by Ali. Im surprised that she wasnt crying and would ask wat the hell is that about trans am exia.
Well someone has to spill the beans about just who is taking control of Veda. I'm guessing it will be Nena.
Old 2008-03-09, 23:09   Link #418
Divinegundam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post
I think many posters have the wrong idea about the Trans-AM system. When I first watched the episode, I too thought that the power-up (this time an actual power-up), use the red GN particles. But upon several re-watchings of Exia Rouge (my preferred name for it) completely pwning Zwei, I realized that it wasn't red GN particles being emitted from Exia Rouge's exhaust. Take a close look at the Exia during the fight, the power flowing through the gundam was indeed a red light, but the particles/exhaust were still white.

I personally think that this made more sense, given that Celestial Being had done thorough research into the technology, and had the true GN-drives, they would know the problems with the red particles, and would therefore avoid, ie. the TD Plunket (sp.?). I think it's safe to say that Celestial Being, and Aeolia Schenberg, would not have allowed such a risky system to beused by the Meisters.

This could also be why they said in the episode that Lockon's eye would be okay in three weeks, since they already had preparations for the radiation and effects for the red GN particles.

What do you guys think?

-K
Yea the first time i saw i noticed it was not red particles. I agree with all you said......Also with the main CB group having Aeolia ideals in mind no tech would be used that would cause contamination of the enviornment or people. Furthermore Lockon was not heavliy exposed to the radiation of the red particles; it's more than likely the gundams are shielded from radiation. Louise took a heavy dose of it and that can explain her condition.

" Yes; I watched Naruto 15 years ago, it was called Dragon Ball Z"

MY AMV of Tieria/Virtue/Nadleeh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTKrCKoohjU
Divinegundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:35   Link #419
Hage-bai
Banned

Another great episode. The climax is quickly approaching.
Hage-bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:48   Link #420
Hamachi

Pink lighting is hot in today's gundams.

Look at RX-0 Unicorn Gundam.

And now Exia.
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote