Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-11-11, 07:01   Link #2561
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
I couldn't understand why they couldn't use the gold from Akatsuki or Hyaku Shiki - is it too expensive to mass-produce or something?
Willing to pay another 1500 yen for chroming ?

Just look at the pricing for the 1/144 HG Akatsuki and 1/100 Gold Frame Amatu and compare them to their counterparts.

MGs are already as expensive as they are and Bandai isn't going to commite suicide by pushing the price of the MG SF further after their run in with the 1/100 SF.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 04:55   Link #2562
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
HGUC Gaplant TR-5 update

Noda-ya and Happinet have lineart for the upcoming HGUC TR-5. Noda-ya additionally mentions the 11/25 issue of Dengeki Hobby will come with 1/144 Primrose parts.

Frm Gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 05:40   Link #2563
Akyra

TBH, if I am willing to spend that much for a model, an extra 1500 yen isn't gonna stop me from buying it if it actually looks that much better. That crap gold or whatever that colour is called is fugly.
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 06:03   Link #2564
ThePowerOfAnime
Save Water. Drink Beer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
HGUC Gaplant TR-5 update

Noda-ya and Happinet have lineart for the upcoming HGUC TR-5. Noda-ya additionally mentions the 11/25 issue of Dengeki Hobby will come with 1/144 Primrose parts.

Frm Gunota

OMG. I want that! Serously, I'm getting that when it's out. (have to shuffle my shelf... again)
ThePowerOfAnime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 17:59   Link #2565
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

My Master Grade GP-02 came in the mail!

Yay! Giant nuclear bazooka and shield teim!
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 18:22   Link #2566
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
Willing to pay another 1500 yen for chroming ?

Just look at the pricing for the 1/144 HG Akatsuki and 1/100 Gold Frame Amatu and compare them to their counterparts.

MGs are already as expensive as they are and Bandai isn't going to commite suicide by pushing the price of the MG SF further after their run in with the 1/100 SF.
That comparison would be valid if Strike Freedom was also entirely gold plated. Obviously that's not the case.. we're talking about a few joint pieces here.

And am I the only one that likes the gold plating? When I look at my model collection, the Hyaku Shiki is the one that always stands out due to the gold plating. I don't think even paint can replicate the "shiny" effect of gold plating.. dunno, it just appeals to me.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 18:43   Link #2567
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku

Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
That comparison would be valid if Strike Freedom was also entirely gold plated. Obviously that's not the case.. we're talking about a few joint pieces here.

And am I the only one that likes the gold plating? When I look at my model collection, the Hyaku Shiki is the one that always stands out due to the gold plating. I don't think even paint can replicate the "shiny" effect of gold plating.. dunno, it just appeals to me.
I fully agree with you. I have no idea why ppl strip the gold plating away and repaint it a weak ass gold. The plating is what makes the model stand out, and i hope the gold plating on the SF is nicely done.
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 20:19   Link #2568
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Who are you to dictate to modeller what looks good on his model? Fugly chrome is fugly. Heck, I strip chrome off my car models' rims and repaint to something more subdued. Makes for a better contrast with the rest of the car.

And yes, that sort of shine can be replicated. Look at car models. What? You think in this world the only form of models are Gundams?
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 21:09   Link #2569
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

yes, when you snap together gold parts you have seam lines and possibly also stub marks from where you cut it from the sprue. not good at all.

cheap gold lol. You can easily replicate that chrome gold with ALCLAD paints, and would pretty much eliminate the seam lines.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-12, 22:19   Link #2570
Traks

Depending how much money you want to put into your models you can re-plate crome, copper, nickle, and gold peices. As for myself, I think I'll stick to experimenting with my airbrush and gold effects. To each his or her own.........
Traks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 06:29   Link #2571
Kasiro

There's something called Undergate.
Kasiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 07:09   Link #2572
tritoch

I personally want a "grafitti" design
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 08:41   Link #2573
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Proto Saviour
http://www.geocities.jp/zgmf_xg/prot...ur_gundam.html

---------------------------

This is indeed very nice!!!!
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 08:59   Link #2574
Eruruu
We'll meet again.

Send a message via MSN to Eruruu
Savior was nice, but this is REALLY nice. The color scheme looks quite cool compared to the original red.
Eruruu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 11:00   Link #2575
tritoch

Just wish the other beam saber was black.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 17:38   Link #2576
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruruu View Post
Savior was nice, but this is REALLY nice. The color scheme looks quite cool compared to the original red.
Now that needs a +11 backpack and he wins big time.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 19:08   Link #2577
Siege

I like the cocept colour scheme it does look really nice the one thing i dont like is the OMNI symbol i no it's a concept i'm slightly offended that the model maker believed the Alliance could build something that didn't look like a strike derivitive
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-14, 19:46   Link #2578
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Wow, that Proto-Saviour is nothing short of amazing. I never liked the "skunk" color scheme (Black with white stripes) but that modeller did an excellent job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1 View Post
cheap gold lol. You can easily replicate that chrome gold with ALCLAD paints, and would pretty much eliminate the seam lines.
Never heard of ALCLAD, but I'll ask about it the next time I visit my local hobby shop. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siege View Post
I like the cocept colour scheme it does look really nice the one thing i dont like is the OMNI symbol i no it's a concept i'm slightly offended that the model maker believed the Alliance could build something that didn't look like a strike derivitive
I'm not sure what your point is, but you do realize that Proto-Saviour is a ZAFT built mobile suit that was stolen by the EA right?
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 07:17   Link #2579
Siege

if the proto savior is zaft bulit why is there an OMNI sticker on the left shoulder bracket
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-15, 07:39   Link #2580
Traks

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
I guess there's a reason why Strike Freedom always tops the popularity polls.. the demand seems to be pretty damn high.

And the standard version of Strike Freedom makes me shudder.. I mean, look at the ugly gold plastic. :\ Gold plated FTW!
Does anyone know why that SF has rear skirt armor?
Traks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy