AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 37 31.90%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 25.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 23.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 10.34%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 4.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.86%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.72%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-17, 19:26   Link #61
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
And as everybody else said, Megumis version of Diamond Crevasse sadly was no good. She sung it very flatly in comparison to May'n, I hope it doesn´t get to be the ED for the rest of the season.
New ED in Northern Cross by sheryl/may'n is still to come, and even if it was intended to if 2ch is full of overwhelming negative comments about it than I bet they would switch it back.
Old 2008-07-17, 19:29   Link #62
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkg9990 View Post
Im beginning to think the Galaxy people are up to no good.
No, *really*?
Old 2008-07-17, 19:32   Link #63
bkg9990
Singin Diamond Crevasse
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to bkg9990 Send a message via Yahoo to bkg9990
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
No, *really*?
Prolly they want to dismantle the "Deculture" of Frontier
Old 2008-07-17, 19:33   Link #64
Tabris

Oh God, that sing off was one of the best things ever I can't wait until OST 2 comes out, especially if it has that on it.

I actually quite like the new ED. It doesn't have the same dramatic feel to it as the first version, but it still sounds nice

It was nice to see the differences between the YF-24 and the VF-25 as well as Mr Bilrer's little playground too.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:01   Link #65
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Oh yeah, I totally didn't pay attention to the pre-opening sequence on my first 2 viewings of the episode and only noticed something while it was playing in the background.

When the Global falls apart and Grace is about to destroy Gallia IV, the voices ask this:

Voice: Why do you laugh? It is your birthplace/homeland, is it not?

Grace: Why because it is finally coming to an end.

Voice2: So for the sake of that you would sacrifice a planet. That mars your beauty a little.

Voice3: It is a necessary sacrifice since this is the prelude to the true beginning.

Voice: Exactly.

And the sing off was truly a treat.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:04   Link #66
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Ranka's is being observed: Image in Dairy life, during a surveillance shot

Anyone noticed?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:16   Link #67
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Well, it seems they did a Sharon Apple project again, but instead of AI, they have a living idol.

I have a feeling Brera will turn against Grace. Or if he won't, Sheryl will do the honors.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:17   Link #68
Tabris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Oh yeah, I totally didn't pay attention to the pre-opening sequence on my first 2 viewings of the episode and only noticed something while it was playing in the background.

When the Global falls apart and Grace is about to destroy Gallia IV, the voices ask this:

Voice: Why do you laugh? It is your birthplace/homeland, is it not?

Grace: Why because it is finally coming to an end.

Voice2: So for the sake of that you would sacrifice a planet. That mars your beauty a little.

Voice3: It is a necessary sacrifice since this is the prelude to the true beginning.

Voice: Exactly.

And the sing off was truly a treat.
It would be that the line I didn't have any understanding of what-so-ever was the most important one haha

Not like I could make much sense from fragments either, but still

And yeah, I noticed that too Tak, but Dairy, seriously. I'm going to get some milk now.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:20   Link #69
SymphonicRain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
Oh God, that sing off was one of the best things ever I can't wait until OST 2 comes out, especially if it has that on it.

The singoff is already part of "What 'bout my Star @ Folmo" song in the 1st OST.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:35   Link #70
mike_s_6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
That sounds rather severe No wonder...

Thanks for the input! Meh...it will most likely find a spot in the 2nd OST....that's life I guess.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Haven't heard it yet, but I suppose it's expected. Megumi lacks experience in the emotional singing department. But she did nail What 'Bout My Star
Old 2008-07-17, 20:44   Link #71
LC
Shocking Pink

I thought the episode was average, but the sing-off was good.

What did Sheryl say that made Ranka sad before they flashbacked the SherylxAlto kisses (The song at this point said kissu, kissu, kissu)? Thanks in advance.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:46   Link #72
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame Haze View Post
I thought the episode was average, but the sing-off was good.

What did Sheryl say that made Ranka sad before they flashbacked the SherylxAlto kisses (The song at this point said kissu, kissu, kissu)?
Sheryl said ah, thats when we were on a date!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-07-17, 20:52   Link #73
ickem
シェリルの為に!

More of the voices from the ending

Voice: Richard Bilra, he plans to take in/bring in that young man?

Voice3: Saotome Alto, was it? I don't understand his reasoning. Although he has a pretty face, he is only a pilot, right?

Grace: But he has become enmeshed in the present flow of circumstances, and he will likely do so in the future as well. Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome. And of course, Bilra as well.

Voice2: People like this do exist once in a while, don't they. Those that seem to come under the scrutiny of the ages. Those who possess incredibly great, no incredibly bad fortune.

Voice3: Hmmmmm, but with this all the players for this performance have been gathered.

Voice: Yes. This is the true beginning.

Grace: Towards a dream that even the Protoculture, who possessed a five hundred thousand year history, were unable to achieve.
Old 2008-07-17, 21:39   Link #74
ReddyRedWolf

Whoever those voices in Grace is a bit conceited.

Exceed the Protoculture? Just because one idol tamed the Zentradi and one rockstar rocked the Protodevlin does not mean humans are on top of the food chain.

Besides those were individual accomplishments not theirs.

This sort of confirms that the Vajra are a Protoculture by-product.

Grace's higher ups goals are much like what Col. Barton who wanted to turn Basara's singing as a weapon.
Old 2008-07-17, 21:42   Link #75
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Whoever those voices in Grace is a bit conceited.

Exceed the Protoculture? Just because one idol tamed the Zentradi and one rockstar rocked the Protodevlin does not mean humans are on top of the food chain.
Pride is often our biggest problem You do one thing successfully, and you think you can accomplish everything else.

- Tak

Old 2008-07-17, 22:00   Link #76
Uncreative
Just an idea

episode 15 screencaps by Omni

Spoiler for WHAT DOES THE SCANNER SAY?:
Old 2008-07-17, 22:15   Link #77
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
OMFG. Clearly Sheryl is sick with something with that cough, and Grace decided that they're going to "scrap" her and hid her blood sample so they can't find out what's wrong with her. F**K GRACE!

I thought the sing off was so cute! SherylxAlto FOREVER!

I keep hearing these 2ch/2chan rumors that Sheryl's gonna bite it one day.

I swear that I will go on an epic EPIC RAGE RAMPAGE if anything happens to my queen Sheryl. Kawamori will shrivel up and hide under his sheets when he feels my RAGE. RAGE!!!
Old 2008-07-17, 22:18   Link #78
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncreative View Post
episode 15 screencaps by Omni

Spoiler for WHAT DOES THE SCANNER SAY?:
Richard Birla: Do like my 1:1 scale train set? I also have 1:1 scale miclone maid.
Old 2008-07-17, 22:19   Link #79
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
OMFG. Clearly Sheryl is sick with something with that cough, and Grace decided that they're going to "scrap" her and hid her blood sample so they can't find out what's wrong with her. F**K GRACE!

I thought the sing off was so cute! SherylxAlto FOREVER!

I keep hearing these 2ch/2chan rumors that Sheryl's gonna bite it one day.

I swear that I will go on an epic EPIC RAGE RAMPAGE if anything happens to my queen Sheryl. Kawamori will shrivel up and hide under his sheets when he feels my RAGE. RAGE!!!
You shall not be alone in your rage. We will all rise up and shake the pillars of heaven should that ever come to pass.

Sheryl Joousama no tameni!
Old 2008-07-17, 22:21   Link #80
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
You shall not be alone in your rage. We will all rise up and shake the pillars of heaven should that ever come to pass.

Sheryl Joousama no tameni!
So urm, I still have a 4 wheel and a truckload of Molotov Cocktails, care to join in?

- Tak

Closed Thread