AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-26, 11:05   Link #21
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wraith- View Post
The simplest would be just piss Shinn Asuka off and frame it on Tallgeese
And boy does he hit hard I must admit.
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-26, 12:40   Link #22
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Well of course the supergundams would pwn tallgeese I. In fact, IIRC, Zechs Self-detonated the tallgeese so he could trade it for the zero.

But TG3 has near-wing-zero capabilities.
Old 2007-10-27, 12:28   Link #23
Paininator

Tallgeese 3 would totally get its ass wooped by the Dendrobium or Neue Ziel =D
Paininator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 04:02   Link #24
Dan the Man
Defeater of Robot Masters
*Artist

Location: Wherever YOU aren't. Thanks for not visiting... *Sniff*
Send a message via AIM to Dan the Man Send a message via MSN to Dan the Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paininator View Post
Tallgeese 3 would totally get its ass wooped by the Dendrobium or Neue Ziel =D
The I-Fields would make those two nearly invincible. However, if Zechs manages to get in close enough to use a beam saber or the heat rod, he's got a fighting chance.

-----Chicks dig giant robots------
Dan the Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 04:28   Link #25
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
You know I've been thinking, what if we have a Tallgeese showdown? Which Tallgeese would win?

"Live in the triangled circle!
In the red corner, wearing white and grey, Tallgeese I!
In the blue corner, wearing white and blue, Tallgeese II!
In the ??? corner, wearing white and less blue, Tallgeese III!"

LET'S GET IN ON!
RavenHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 04:34   Link #26
Dan the Man
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastRaven View Post
You know I've been thinking, what if we have a Tallgeese showdown. Which Tallgeese would win?

"Live in the triangle ring;
In the red corner, Tallgeese I!
In the blue corner, Tallgeese II!
In the (name color) corner, Tallgeese III!"

LET'S GET IN ON!
I'm betting on Tallgeese II. While III is a stronger machine through and through, Treize is in T2, and would probably pull political strings and find someway to win without doing any actual fighting and having his loyalist soldiers do his dirty work. ...Then after being declared the winner, he is quickly killed by Wufei.

Old 2007-10-28, 11:42   Link #27
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
The I-Fields would make those two nearly invincible. However, if Zechs manages to get in close enough to use a beam saber or the heat rod, he's got a fighting chance.
Yeah, but given how effective (at least for the Neue Ziel) is against other Mobile Suits as well as Mobile Armors, the Tallgeese III would have a pretty difficult time getting in close enough to use the weapons. And even then, only the beam saber would do any real damage and that requires to get REALLY up close and personal. The heat rod doesn't show any signs of ACTUALLY being super-heated like the Epyon's was and, of course, vulcans would do jack against them.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-28, 21:45   Link #28
Dan the Man
*Artist

Vulcans are practically useless, since those are basically anti-personnel and anti-vehicle weaopns, so using those against the MA's would be worthless. The heat rod doesn't have to be heated to be useful, given a resourceful pilot like Zechs is at the controls. I will admit that if he is going against both Koh and Gato at the same time, the Tallgeese III doesn't stand much of a chance, but one on one, there's a shot.

Old 2007-10-28, 21:59   Link #29
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Vulcans are practically useless, since those are basically anti-personnel and anti-vehicle weaopns, so using those against the MA's would be worthless. The heat rod doesn't have to be heated to be useful, given a resourceful pilot like Zechs is at the controls. I will admit that if he is going against both Koh and Gato at the same time, the Tallgeese III doesn't stand much of a chance, but one on one, there's a shot.
Actually, against other MS, vulcans are still effective, which is why even as far as (UC-wise) UC 0123-0153, vulcans are still commonplace among MS, despite the beam shield becoming standard equipment as well. As shown by Amuro in Char's Counterattack, vulcans actually have GAINED some strength with the movable frame and thinner armor used on MS with how easily Amuro shredded the heads and limbs off of Geara Dogas. Then there's the fact that vulcans can easily damage or destroy cameras placed on the body. That danger coupled with the added-up damage they could do if you LET them hit is why MS try to dodge them a lot.

Now Mobile Armors are a whole different story. Much thicker and stronger armor and many more cameras placed around.

Zechs may have a shot against the Dendrobium (given its limited maneuverability, limited ammunition, and all), but against the Neue Ziel, it's pretty doubtful...fast, maneuverable, half-control system, lots of weaponry, thick armor, I-Field...it's why it was so ahead of its time, even 4 years after its design and why it was able to outdo a modern design like the Dendrobium.

I've seen speculation about how its design would've possibly been effective all the way through UC 0123 if the pilot is also good enough with its overall performance. As far as I've seen, no other Mobile Armor has had such advanced designing in it, much less surpassing it except for the discontinued MAN-05 Gromlin and MAN-05-2 Gromlin II, the non-existent NZ-444 Beta Azieru and perhaps the XMA-01 Rafflesia and XMA-02 Ebirhu Doga with their Bugs as well.
Old 2007-10-29, 01:49   Link #30
CelesAurivern
Mein Kampf :D
*Fansubber

Master Asia would pwn Zechs, even without his Mobile Fighter.

Last edited by CelesAurivern; 2007-10-29 at 02:08.
CelesAurivern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 18:40   Link #31
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
Beck Mongolian Chop Squad

Send a message via AIM to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z Send a message via Yahoo to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
Tallgeese III is the best out of the 3 of course. I think most of you guys are severely underrating Tallgeese and Milliardo. Please address him by his real name, lols.

Remember the original Tallgeese was more than a match for the Wing Gundam. Even Heero had a hard time beating him with both the Wing Gundam and Heavyarms.

The Tallgeese has speed and tons of it. Though its true, naming a ton of Gundams and their respective pilots who can defeat Tallgeese III is easy enough.

What's harder to find is a pilot and suit combination that can match Tallgeese III and Milliardo.

Personally, I think Char Aznable and Hyaku SHiki are a perfect match for them. Both have speed and the right amount of power. That would be a good fight.
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-29, 22:07   Link #32
Dan the Man
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelesAurivern View Post
Master Asia would pwn Zechs, even without his Mobile Fighter.
Well... yeah. he's able to catch bullets fired from grunt Mobile Suits shove them back into the barrels of the gun, then cut off the suit's head with a cloth belt. Excluding Domon, I doubt there's anyone able to keep up with Master Asia... The Master Gundam would probably make short work of any Tallgeese unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMSAWRSMSZ006Z View Post
Tallgeese III is the best out of the 3 of course. I think most of you guys are severely underrating Tallgeese and Milliardo. Please address him by his real name, lols.

Remember the original Tallgeese was more than a match for the Wing Gundam. Even Heero had a hard time beating him with both the Wing Gundam and Heavyarms.

The Tallgeese has speed and tons of it. Though its true, naming a ton of Gundams and their respective pilots who can defeat Tallgeese III is easy enough.

What's harder to find is a pilot and suit combination that can match Tallgeese III and Milliardo.

Personally, I think Char Aznable and Hyaku SHiki are a perfect match for them. Both have speed and the right amount of power. That would be a good fight.
Proper names? Well, alright. Anyway, I would like to see a matchup between Milliardo and Casval. The pilot skills seems about equal, and they are both using their best suits (excluding the Sazabi). I figure Casval would have the upper hand, due to his Newtype abilities, but Milliardo's sheer skill may counterbalance that, since Casval isn't a particularly strong newtype... Either way, I'd like to see that matchup. I might even pay 2 or 3 dollars to see it...

Old 2007-10-29, 23:09   Link #33
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMSAWRSMSZ006Z

The Heavyarms has more than obvious reasons for not being a match.

A.) It has heavy armor and is NOT meant to be fast, but durable.

B.) It runs out of ammo (unless you're able to use it properly).

C.) Originally, it is not meant to wield any sort of close-range weaponry besides its knife simply because of A.

The Wing Gundam was hardly "outmatched" by it in any way. Hell, they never even "properly" fought outside of their first encounter where Heero self-destructs it. The only thing the Tallgeese really MIGHT outdo Wing Gundam in is pure speed. Otherwise, everything else about it is outdated and inferior. (by 20 years no less). It was really Zechs' own skill that allowed him to survive so long in such a suit. (look at how he seemed to almost outdo Wing Gundam in a Leo, after all, and we know very well that the Leo is GREATLY underneath any Gundam)

As for MS + Pilots that can match it, there are actually quite a few that probably could. Kamille + Zeta, Scirocco + The O, Judau + ZZ, Haman + Qubeley, Char + Hyaku Shiki (mentioned), Char + Sazabi, Kincaid (Seabook) + F91 or Crossbone Gundam, Uso + Victory or Victory 2, etc, etc to name a few.

Quote:
Proper names? Well, alright. Anyway, I would like to see a matchup between Milliardo and Casval. The pilot skills seems about equal, and they are both using their best suits (excluding the Sazabi). I figure Casval would have the upper hand, due to his Newtype abilities, but Milliardo's sheer skill may counterbalance that, since Casval isn't a particularly strong newtype... Either way, I'd like to see that matchup. I might even pay 2 or 3 dollars to see it...
Sure, Char isn't a VERY strong Newtype (at least compared to the likes of Amuro, Lalah, Kamille, or Judau), but we also have to remember that he got to where he was in Zeon because of his own pure skill at handling Mobile Suits, which is why despite Amuro's awakening Newtype senses and the Gundam's performance abilities, Char was able to beat him (at first), and hold his own against him other times. So really...in terms of non-Newtype abilities, they are equal, but Char also has the upper-hand because of that AND Newtype abilities at his command.
Old 2007-10-29, 23:46   Link #34
Dan the Man
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Sure, Char isn't a VERY strong Newtype (at least compared to the likes of Amuro, Lalah, Kamille, or Judau), but we also have to remember that he got to where he was in Zeon because of his own pure skill at handling Mobile Suits, which is why despite Amuro's awakening Newtype senses and the Gundam's performance abilities, Char was able to beat him (at first), and hold his own against him other times. So really...in terms of non-Newtype abilities, they are equal, but Char also has the upper-hand because of that AND Newtype abilities at his command.
I never said Char wasn't a good pilot. Sinking five ships in one battle and who knows how many fighter jets and attack boats shows an incredible amount of skill without his future psychic powers. Zechs is probably just as skilled, and would probably be outmatched by (Zeta period) Char's newtype powers, but Zechs seems to be a great srategist, and can seem to have a sense of pregocnition, being able to dodge beam attacks and hold up against skilled pilots using incredibly advanced mobile suits. I'd say that would help him fend off Char's newtype abilities, but Char would most likely still have an upper hand.

Old 2007-10-30, 04:30   Link #35
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Amuro without a Gundam.

The Tallgeese III was reportedly destroyed by a magical floating T.
Old 2007-10-30, 13:28   Link #36
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
Beck Mongolian Chop Squad

Send a message via AIM to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z Send a message via Yahoo to VMSAWRSMSZ006Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
The Heavyarms has more than obvious reasons for not being a match.

A.) It has heavy armor and is NOT meant to be fast, but durable.

B.) It runs out of ammo (unless you're able to use it properly).

C.) Originally, it is not meant to wield any sort of close-range weaponry besides its knife simply because of A.

The Wing Gundam was hardly "outmatched" by it in any way. Hell, they never even "properly" fought outside of their first encounter where Heero self-destructs it. The only thing the Tallgeese really MIGHT outdo Wing Gundam in is pure speed. Otherwise, everything else about it is outdated and inferior. (by 20 years no less). It was really Zechs' own skill that allowed him to survive so long in such a suit. (look at how he seemed to almost outdo Wing Gundam in a Leo, after all, and we know very well that the Leo is GREATLY underneath any Gundam)

As for MS + Pilots that can match it, there are actually quite a few that probably could. Kamille + Zeta, Scirocco + The O, Judau + ZZ, Haman + Qubeley, Char + Hyaku Shiki (mentioned), Char + Sazabi, Kincaid (Seabook) + F91 or Crossbone Gundam, Uso + Victory or Victory 2, etc, etc to name a few.
The point that I was trying to put across was that Tallgeese, seemingly overly underrated can still be a match to other Gundams, which are so overrated these days.

All of the pilots and suit combination you mention actually exceed TGIII and Milliardo. Aside from Casval - Hyaku Shiki and Uso - Victory. Both of those would be pretty even fights. All the other combinations you mentioned either have a ridiculously powerful newtype involved or a ridiculously powerful MS.

F91, Crossbone, and Victory 2 are very technologically advanced. TGIII would be cakewalk despite its speed. Sazabi and Qubeley have bits and being piloted by Newtypes. Despite the fact that Milliardo and TGIII are ridiculously fast. It'd only be a matter of time before they get hit by several bit shots. Judau and Kamille, these guys are numero uno and numero dos in terms of Newtype Powers. They would PWN TGIII and Milliardo.

But still, I've got this Gut feeling that Milliardo can beat all of them. I don't know how he'd do it, but I'm sure he'll find a way.

Oh and Dan was right! Casval indeed.
VMSAWRSMSZ006Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 00:34   Link #37
Paininator

You guys are forgetting one thing about the dendrobium. It has: 2 large beam sabers, weapon pods containing two bazookas, large missile pods, micro missile pods, a very large beam cannon,
a demolition chain, 2 claw arms, and the gp03 itself.
Old 2007-11-02, 00:35   Link #38
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Tallgeese will die against any White Devil, be it Amuro in the original Gundam, or him in Nu, or Nanoha.

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-02, 00:49   Link #39
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paininator View Post
You guys are forgetting one thing about the dendrobium. It has: 2 large beam sabers, weapon pods containing two bazookas, large missile pods, micro missile pods, a very large beam cannon,
a demolition chain, 2 claw arms, and the gp03 itself.
The 2 large beam sabers wouldn't really do much against other MS. Any decent pilot should be able to dodge them. (given their placement) The only way they wouldn't is if the Dendrobium charged them at full speed and they reacted too slowly. (and happened to be on the underside of the Dendrobium) Otherwise, the large beam sabers are only really good against battleships (which actually are their primary use).

And given that ballistic weaponry is usually easy enough to dodge a lot of the time, they're not really too reliable either. (which is why a lot of them are more made to spam when it comes to MS combat) Look at the fact that something as huge as the Neue Ziel is able to dodge a majority of them (only getting hit once by 1 missile that was shown from the Dendrobium). The only real challenge would be the micro-missile pods that can spam all sides with them.

The demolition chain, again, is mostly just battleship usage (or, as the name suggests, demolition, so can also be used for clearing large chunks of debris before, during, or after a battle.) Otherwise, useless against Mobile Suits.

The 2 claw arms are really only for the large beam sabers. They hardly have the multi-purpose usage for tackling other Mobile Suits like, say, the Bigro, Val Varo, or Neue Ziel, which have much wider degrees of movement (given their placement and all).

And the GP03S itself is mostly for escaping than battling other MS (its weapons being good for fending off other MS while it gets away.) The Dendrobium, as a whole, is mostly a long-haul-battle space defense unit against more large-scale assauls; not really for taking on Mobile Suits one-on-one. So a single, fast and maneuverable MS like the Tallgeese III actually wouldn't have TOO difficult a time dodging the Dendrobium's attacks. The only hinderance being its I-Field against its mega cannon (which it could get in closer to slice it with a beam saber, shoot it with its vulcans, or damage it with its heat rod when it passes by or something)
Old 2007-11-02, 11:55   Link #40
Paininator

What about the Tallgeese III and the Gerbera Tetra? That would be an interesting fight.