AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome 0 ~S.ifr~ Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 45 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 34 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 4.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.59%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-25, 10:16   Link #61
deffusse
otaku[SK]

Anybody knows>> are there any news about BD[BluRay] release?? It was so magnificent, but I want it in HD..... 'cause the animation is so beautiful. Thanx Sunrise
Old 2008-02-25, 10:57   Link #62
gashunum

Just asking, where did everyone goes at present ? Bruce, Raquel, Sifr, Una etc ? All dead ? How come miss maria is the only survivor... o_o
Old 2008-02-25, 11:08   Link #63
Tsubaki23
Glomp no Jutsu master

Send a message via AIM to Tsubaki23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gashunum View Post
Just asking, where did everyone goes at present ? Bruce, Raquel, Sifr, Una etc ? All dead ? How come miss maria is the only survivor... o_o
Spoiler for Mai Otome, Bruce and Sifr:

Raquel and Una? Who knows? Maybe they died, or quite simply maybe they retired? XD
Old 2008-02-25, 12:12   Link #64
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
What I want to know is, does Sifr's awakening of M-9 mean that the power to play the Harmonium is at work here?
I'd like to know what made you think Sifr's proximity woke M-9. It seems more likely to me that John Smith was the one who ordered M-9 to activate at that time.

On another matter, I've been thinking about the origin of the Blue Sky Sapphire. Currentlly I have one argument each for and against it being a new GEM.

For:- Although Doremi's trans didn't show it, the chinese trans showed that John Smith said more than "the monster of Garderobe is finally getting serious" He said, "The monster of Garderobe in its history since founding is finally getting serious." If Lena's power is so far beyond Garderobe's experience, it's possible they never made a GEM that could take such power levels before.

Against:- Sapphires are among the most well-known gemstones, right? So any GEM named after sapphires ought to have been named early in Otome history. Unless they were saving it for some reason.
Old 2008-02-25, 12:33   Link #65
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

By the way, did anyone else notice that Bruce was wearing a coat almost identical to Mashiro's when he went to dinner? When I saw that it made me go "Daw..."

I also think Bruce could possibly become one of the few men in the Otome series liked by the fans. So far he's not done anything cringe-worthy, so perhaps Sunrise learned their lesson from Sergei (I hope).
Old 2008-02-25, 14:15   Link #66
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
I'd like to know what made you think Sifr's proximity woke M-9. It seems more likely to me that John Smith was the one who ordered M-9 to activate at that time.

For me it has been the fact that both Sifr and Bruce cringed in pain when M-9 was activated. I've no idea if it was Smith to do it or the other way around, but for sure it seems that Sifr and Bruce are somewhat linked to that machine. And since both of them could be part of the royal family of Windbloom (as Nina was) I'm wondering if there is a direct connection with M-9 too (as it was the case of Nina with the Harmonium).
Old 2008-02-25, 14:25   Link #67
Jimmy C

Ok, a plausible way of looking at it. But how about this? Their reaction was caused by the activation, but they didn't activate it.
Old 2008-02-25, 14:32   Link #68
Atlantis_Lux
Nightingale

I suppose it's the same. In both ways they are connected with M-9, but the important questions are how and, even more, why.

Can't really wait to know.
Old 2008-02-25, 15:24   Link #69
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Ummm... yes? I take it that you have not been following the publicity about this OVA? It was pretty common knowledge from the first rumors about this OVA months ago that it was going to be about Arika's mother (Rena) and Nina's mother (Sifr).
Nope I haven't been following the publicity of this ova. I haven't been able to use my computer for about a good 3 months now. The last thing I remember was someone talking about Mai-Hime Destiny and thats about it, and when i came back I saw Mai-Otime 0 ~ S.ifr~ so I just watched it. And just came to my own conclusions about it.
Old 2008-02-25, 16:58   Link #70
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
This is an OVA direct-to-DVD release, no TV broadcasts. The official release dates for the next 2 episodes haven't been released yet but I assume there will be a two-month waiting period between each episode just like Zwei.
ty very much. looks like ill have to wait a bit for the other 2 eps :S.
Old 2008-02-25, 17:28   Link #71
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Ok, a plausible way of looking at it. But how about this? Their reaction was caused by the activation, but they didn't activate it.
And yet, Smith purpously dangled Sifr in front of M9's container. Also, note that Sifr and Bruce's eyes change color before M9 activates.
Old 2008-02-25, 17:33   Link #72
y063banana71
kris

Send a message via MSN to y063banana71
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but when it has that small clip of Fumi it shows someone who looks a lot like Mashiro activating the GEM. Admittedly... it IS only the hair colour but I don't remember anyone else having violet hair like that in the show and it ties in with MIYU's cryptic comments when Mashiro asks her if she knows who she is (she mentions something about Fumi's gem).
Old 2008-02-25, 18:45   Link #73
Mermer

Send a message via AIM to Mermer Send a message via MSN to Mermer
I'm a tad confused...in Doremi's translation it says Uncle, but in Formula's it says father. Which one is right? <_>; I remember Arika referred to her benefactor as "Oji-chan" just like Sifr referred to the person in question, and Sergei wasn't her father, so hmm...
Old 2008-02-25, 19:11   Link #74
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by y063banana71 View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but when it has that small clip of Fumi it shows someone who looks a lot like Mashiro activating the GEM. Admittedly... it IS only the hair colour but I don't remember anyone else having violet hair like that in the show and it ties in with MIYU's cryptic comments when Mashiro asks her if she knows who she is (she mentions something about Fumi's gem).
If I recall correctly, the rebels led by the Prime Minister killed the king and queen to instate mashiro onto the Throne.

I don't think we've ever heard anything else about her history or where she came from since the Prime Minister died right after. Though its definite that Mashiro is a descendant of that person.
Old 2008-02-25, 19:16   Link #75
AthenAltena
Sister of the Forks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermer View Post
I'm a tad confused...in Doremi's translation it says Uncle, but in Formula's it says father. Which one is right? <_>; I remember Arika referred to her benefactor as "Oji-chan" just like Sifr referred to the person in question, and Sergei wasn't her father, so hmm...
The word used was Oji-san, which while it can be translated as Uncle is more like "older man who is like a protector"/patron. As you said, Sergei was also Arika's Oji-san. The confusion comes from the fact that the two terms are homonyms but are written differently in Japanese.
Old 2008-02-25, 19:37   Link #76
Ippikiookami
One of many ShizNat fans

I wonder who the woman with short brown hair was. The one at the hotel pool who had a photo of Sifr in her book. My first guess is that she's one of the other two Otome seen in the original preview (either the one in Ein's robe or the Ice Silver Crystal) and was sent by Una as a backup in case Elliot lost her nerve and couldn't kill Sifr.
Old 2008-02-25, 22:46   Link #77
Amaiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
She could be just another model of "Miyu". The 10th maybe.
I think it's more likely that the wrapped woman *is* Miyu, or Sunrise at least wants us to think she is, because there's no reason to have her disguised like that (except for one eye that suspiciously looks just like Miyu's) unless her appearance is supposed to be a big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikon View Post
This means that S.ifr takes place at least 24 years after the War of the Dragon Lord, since this is when Monica Julen died. Which places it roughly 26 years before the TV series - "roughly" because the war probably didn't occur exactly 50 years ago.
Well, that's assuming that Sunrise bothers to stay in continuity with the dates, and given their track record, that's only an iffy possibility--they've already retconned details from Otome like Sifr's eye color, for example.

Plus, if this does take place about 26 years before Otome, that would make Rena about 27 or so when she had Arika, which is unspeakably ancient by anime conventions, especially in a show like Otome, where Natsuki is Headmistress of Garderobe at 19, everyone who's not Miss Maria is well under thirty and teenagers are deemed mature enough to carry around the equivalent of several nuclear arsenals.

For comparison, Sifr's mother was 19 when she had her, if you subtract the dates on her tombstone.

It would be interesting if they did do it, but I don't think it's likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis_Lux View Post
That's briefly showed. Maybe to mark that fact that the events in S.ifr happened after that war?
I loved how they threw in an extra twist of the knife in that scene by revealing that Monica's "master" was only a child.

I think the bit about Monica is more to drive home the theme of Otome who are friends having to fight/kill each other. The OVA's been tagged as Rena vs. the five Columns, one of which is Elliott, who seems to be pretty close to her and has already been ordered to essentially betray her for Garderobe.

I won't be surprised at all if Elliot ends up dying at Rena's hands by the end.
Old 2008-02-25, 22:55   Link #78
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

I hope that the official web page keeps up and updates its characters page regularly, unlike Zwei's page ><
Old 2008-02-25, 23:37   Link #79
Sikon
この世界は腐っている!

Quote:
Originally Posted by y063banana71 View Post
Actually, Miyu says she doesn't know who Mashiro is.
Old 2008-02-25, 23:39   Link #80
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Absolutely excellent voice-acting. Koshimizu Ami (Horo in Spice & Wolf) as Sifr gives us yet another version of her wonderful voice and great dynamics. And Endou Aya (Miyuki in Lucky Star) shows she has what it takes as Rena.

With Ami's friend Sanpei Yuuko (Renton in Eureka Seven) as Elliott Chandler (who appears to be female; who knew?), Kitamura Eri (Rin in Kodomo no Jikan) as Shion, Chihara Minori (Yuki in Suzumiya Haruhi) as Raquel, a bit of Kuwashima Houko, and Yukana's sultry voice in narration, and we've got something special.

Except for the yuri, this is not my genre, but even I can see that it is very well done. Nice episode.

I can't find any info on the official site or anywhere else about when the next two episodes will be released. But I did find a picture of some of the cast:

front (l-r): Koshimizu Ami (Sifr), Endou Aya (Rena), Sanpei Yuuko (Chandler).
back (l-r): Kakihara Tetsuya (Kid), Kitamura Eri (Shion), Iguchi Yuka (M-9).

The pic is from a Japanese interview done during recording.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-02-25 at 23:51.
Closed Thread