AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-08-24, 10:56   Link #4041
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If Mu uses the Perfect Strike during his fight with Rau, I don't think a lack of change would be all that jarring. When they fought in the first incarnation of the show, he used the Launcher Strike. Furthermore, Rau is one of the best MS pilots in the show...
Old 2012-08-24, 11:12   Link #4042
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Yes, the scene was cut out from Destiny, it isn't new and was very brief. It just shows Sinn running, it didn't show the part when Kira ruined his life when he accidently kills Shinn's family during the fighting. That may still be shown though, or not.

Don't joke about something as lame as that, they wont kill Shinn off in the SEED HD remake. Believe it or not Shinn was actually very popular in Japan(Obviously not as popular as Jesus Yamato but he had SEED hype to ride on into Destiny) and Shinn x Lunamaria was also one of the most, if not most, popular couples by the time Destiny ended. They aren't going to kill off the guy who'll make them more money when they do a SEED Destiny HD remake, though hopefully by than they'll take a page from the SRW book and change things since they aren't being rushed to get Destiny out.
Except Kira didn't kill his family...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 11:18   Link #4043
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It was left ambiguous, with a slight bias towards Kira having fired the fatal shot (airborne, more projectiles fired, wider spread) instead of Orga.

Unless it was confirmed via word of god that Kira wasn't the one who blew up Shinn's family by accident. As if Kira hasn't had enough of the blood on his hands washed off by now.
Old 2012-08-24, 11:21   Link #4044
tetsuo69

really liked the perfect strike animation, to bad kira didn't get to pilot it.
Old 2012-08-24, 12:12   Link #4045
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
It will be an improvement to the continuity I think. For the people who are watching Seed for the first time, his appearance as the new chairman in Destiny would make a little more sense I guess.
The thing is that Durandal didn't become Chairman until some time after SEED. So having him show up and make a speech at the end of SEED doesn't make any sense. It's essentially introducing a character that doesn't have any actual role. Giving him a speech would make it worse.

But, like I said, a visual non-speaking cameo like Shinn's could work as long as it fits the context. Do we even know what Durandal was doing during SEED?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If Mu uses the Perfect Strike during his fight with Rau, I don't think a lack of change would be all that jarring. When they fought in the first incarnation of the show, he used the Launcher Strike. Furthermore, Rau is one of the best MS pilots in the show...
But that's exactly it, Launcher Strike doesn't really have much to fight with against the GuAIZ. Perfect Strike at least has the beam rifle, the beam saber, and the anti-ship blade.

Even if Mu ends up losing, he should still provide a better fight with the Perfect Strike.
Quote:
It was left ambiguous, with a slight bias towards Kira having fired the fatal shot (airborne, more projectiles fired, wider spread) instead of Orga.
Actually, rather than being ambiguous, I've always thought that the original scene was supposed to show that the clash of weapons fire from both mobile suits was what resulted in the explosion that caught Shinn's family.

After all, Kira wouldn't have missed a standing target, and since we know that Calamity was left intact, something must have happened to Freedom's shots.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 12:20   Link #4046
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Even if Mu ends up losing, he should still provide a better fight with the Perfect Strike.
Agreed.

Quote:
Actually, rather than being ambiguous, I've always thought that the original scene was supposed to show that the clash of weapons fire from both mobile suits was what resulted in the explosion that caught Shinn's family.

After all, Kira wouldn't have missed a standing target, and since we know that Calamity was left intact, something must have happened to Freedom's shots.
I don't think the armament setup for the Freedom and the Calamity would really allow for that kind of aerial clash--we've only seen that phenomenon happen like... once, with the Strike Freedom's multi-phase beam cannon and the Destiny's heavy cannon. Two singular shots. Assuming the projectile color means the same, then one of the Freedom's plasma cannon shots would've had to hit the Calamity's multi-phase beam cannon shot and have held there long enough for the explosion. Outside of space, Kira in the Freedom isn't that big on staying stationary against a singular opponent.

So no, I find it more likely that a stray shot of Kira's, maybe a deflected railgun shell, hit the ground next to/on top of the Asuka family.
Old 2012-08-24, 12:37   Link #4047
monster

Quote:
Assuming the projectile color means the same, then one of the Freedom's plasma cannon shots would've had to hit the Calamity's multi-phase beam cannon shot and have held there long enough for the explosion. Outside of space, Kira in the Freedom isn't that big on staying stationary against a singular opponent.

So no, I find it more likely that a stray shot of Kira's, maybe a deflected railgun shell, hit the ground next to/on top of the Asuka family.
Kira doesn't need to stay stationary. They both fire, the shots came in contact and caused explosion, and in the mean time Kira is again fighting Raider and Forbidden.

The Strike Freeedom vs Destiny standoff scene is not necessary to cause an explosion.

That said, having just rewatched the scene, I think you're right that it has to be Freedom's shot. Calamity was seen between Freedom and the Asukas. Now, they both moved, so we don't know the orientation, but a weapons clash would've exploded in the sky and not do as much damage on the ground.
Old 2012-08-24, 13:34   Link #4048
monster

I just found out Strike Rouge is using IWSP in the eyecatch. Wow, are they actually going to show that in the series? I thought Cagalli couldn't use it?

And another thing, I didn't realize Perfect Strike was going to use all of its addons. I thought they were going to mix and match.
Old 2012-08-24, 16:37   Link #4049
Meltyred

Quote:
The thing is that Durandal didn't become Chairman until some time after SEED. So having him show up and make a speech at the end of SEED doesn't make any sense. It's essentially introducing a character that doesn't have any actual role. Giving him a speech would make it worse.

But, like I said, a visual non-speaking cameo like Shinn's could work as long as it fits the context. Do we even know what Durandal was doing during SEED?
Before Durandal was chairman, he was wearing shades like a quattro and going around breaking free experimental coordinators and telling them to slay the ultimate coordinator to prove their worth and stuff.

Seriously...
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 17:29   Link #4050
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Before Durandal was chairman, he was wearing shades like a quattro and going around breaking free experimental coordinators and telling them to slay the ultimate coordinator to prove their worth and stuff.

Seriously...
Didn't he done that as revenge for Kira killing Rau?
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 18:42   Link #4051
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Do we even know what Durandal was doing during SEED?
Dating Talia?
Old 2012-08-24, 18:46   Link #4052
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:

Durandal was actually very active in Seed. For example he was good friends with Rau (He provided the pills) and he was already working on the Destiny plan. He even knew about the ultimate coordinator project and might have even worked on it. And he predicted what Kira would become and how he would be a threat to the Destiny plan. He tried to eliminate Kira using Canard Pars, but Canard failed.

Sure, I know that introducing a character towards the denouement of the story is not a great idea, but if you look at Seed and Destiny as one big story, it would make sense.

Quote:
Yes, the scene was cut out from Destiny, it isn't new and was very brief. It just shows Sinn running, it didn't show the part when Kira ruined his life when he accidently kills Shinn's family during the fighting. That may still be shown though, or not.
I don't know how you can blame Kira for this.. War ruined Shinn's life, not Kira.

Quote:
Don't joke about something as lame as that, they wont kill Shinn off in the SEED HD remake. Believe it or not Shinn was actually very popular in Japan(Obviously not as popular as Jesus Yamato but he had SEED hype to ride on into Destiny)
This is true. contrary to popular belief, Shinn was actually a popular character in Japan.

Quote:
and Shinn x Lunamaria was also one of the most, if not most, popular couples by the time Destiny ended.
ehhmm.. no.. I'm pretty sure they weren't.

Last edited by kaito-kid; 2012-08-24 at 18:59.
kaito-kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 18:49   Link #4053
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

At most I think we can expect a brief silent cameo from him during a speech or something, similar to how we got a brief silent cameo from Shinn.
Old 2012-08-24, 19:40   Link #4054
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ok, I'm confused, the HD episode that just came out was episode 36 right? I saw screens of the Perfect Strike taking down Strike Daggers, but they don't appear till episode 37 right?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 19:41   Link #4055
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Strike Daggers appeared just after the JOSH-A arc.
Old 2012-08-24, 19:55   Link #4056
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dating Talia?
Playing with Talia's heart to be exact.

I'm looking forward to a Lunamaria cameo.
Old 2012-08-24, 19:56   Link #4057
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

A cameo from Luna is less likely than a cameo from Durandal. Durandal and Shinn are far more important to Destiny's plot and therefore more likely (in Durandal's case) to appear than Lunamaria.
Old 2012-08-24, 20:42   Link #4058
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dating Talia?
Nah, Talia's son was old enough in Destiny that they would've had to had separated before SEED.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Durandal was actually very active in Seed. For example he was good friends with Rau (He provided the pills) and he was already working on the Destiny plan. He even knew about the ultimate coordinator project and might have even worked on it. And he predicted what Kira would become and how he would be a threat to the Destiny plan. He tried to eliminate Kira using Canard Pars, but Canard failed.

Sure, I know that introducing a character towards the denouement of the story is not a great idea, but if you look at Seed and Destiny as one big story, it would make sense.
Well, I thought you were talking about a short cameo. I'm okay with turning Durandal into a full-blown minor SEED character that shows what he's doing during SEED.

But if we're talking about a short cameo, like Shinn's, I'd rather it be a non-speaking appearance, perhaps showing him in a lab somewhere being notified of the end of the war. I definitely don't think a speech is appropriate for a short cameo.
Old 2012-08-24, 21:20   Link #4059
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If we get a cameo of Durandal involved in a speech, he'll likely be listening to one of Canavar's, if it's after the war. One of Patrick's, if during. Unlikely to have one of his own.
Old 2012-08-24, 22:28   Link #4060
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
If we get a cameo of Durandal involved in a speech, he'll likely be listening to one of Canavar's, if it's after the war. One of Patrick's, if during. Unlikely to have one of his own.
Little role like Ribbons Almark in 00?

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep