kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 08:30   Link #22502
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 08:54   Link #22503
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, Freedom's largest wings can be separated too?! I just realized this. That's cool. Also, that's a lot of decals and stickers.

BTW, Genoace's performance in the 1st eps of AGE is not impressive at best. Can they really sell well?

PS: Man, I couldn't wait for RG Justice.
Old 2011-10-11, 09:03   Link #22504
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

HD Reissue Box Arts :-

The same old-same old. Except with brighter colours and a glowing background.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 09:14   Link #22505
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
RG Freedom must get!!!! XD. so i for see they be milking with RG strike Freedom also? =x
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 09:33   Link #22506
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
BTW, Genoace's performance in the 1st eps of AGE is not impressive at best. Can they really sell well?
Again I really do wonder if people buy models cause of how well they do in a anime.
Altho I haven't watched AGE yet I hear the Gafran is cool in action but by no means would I buy the model simply cause I don't like the design, however even if the Genoace doesn't come across as cool in the anime I'd buy the kit cause it's much better looking than the Gafran.
Well I guess there will be some influence but I don't think it should be a deciding factor.

"Cool actions in the anime" differs from "how cool it looks as a model"

And wow the RG freedom is looking gooooood but then at that price I think I'd just go ahead and get the MG Freedom.
Old 2011-10-11, 09:53   Link #22507
Araxiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critias View Post
...here's hoping I can use the GINN's effect part on Blitz
If they made a sword Strike with an effect part that lets you jam the sword halfway through the Blitz's torso, I'd buy that and a Blitz in an instant.

Because I'm a heartless bastard and find this concept hilarious.
Old 2011-10-11, 09:56   Link #22508
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Again I really do wonder if people buy models cause of how well they do in a anime.
Altho I haven't watched AGE yet I hear the Gafran is cool in action but by no means would I buy the model simply cause I don't like the design, however even if the Genoace doesn't come across as cool in the anime I'd buy the kit cause it's much better looking than the Gafran.
I actually agree with you about HG Gafran as I posted about it 1 or 2 page before. It looks weird and the dragon mode looks awkward. I'll never buy it too.

All I'm saying is that mecha's performance in media is ONE sales factor. Also, I wonder if gunpla buyers really want to buy a kit of a mecha that is totally cannon-fodder so far (diorama purpose aside). Remember the not-so-good sales of HG Tieren series and AEU enact non-customs? Still, hey, it's only episode one, things can change for those Genoaces.
Old 2011-10-11, 10:15   Link #22509
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:

And wow the RG freedom is looking gooooood but then at that price I think I'd just go ahead and get the MG Freedom.
have done the MG freedom before & i can say that RG actually fixed 1 of the MG Freedom issue (heavy wings)
Old 2011-10-11, 10:25   Link #22510
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
All I'm saying is that mecha's performance in media is ONE sales factor. Also, I wonder if gunpla buyers really want to buy a kit of a mecha that is totally cannon-fodder so far (diorama purpose aside). Remember the not-so-good sales of HG Tieren series and AEU enact non-customs? Still, hey, it's only episode one, things can change for those Genoaces.
Yea my statement is meant more as a generalisation, doesn't mean models won't sell(even if not greatly) and like you say some people will buy for stuff like dioramas or for collections sake.

Just IMO like I said before can't say it won't have some influence just I hope that people don't think of it as a big/main factor for buying a kit.

Quote:
have done the MG freedom before & i can say that RG actually fixed 1 of the MG Freedom issue (heavy wings)
Thats not exactly a problem for me, my problem comes from me not wanting to mix and match different scales of models, if say I get the MG Strike Freedom(which I will) I'd then have to get any other SEED models as MG or 1/100 and not as 1/144 but if I opted for RG then I'd get all the SEED in 1/144 as well but I don't want to.
But thats just me being anal about that matter

Only reason I'd get RG Freedom is if I really had the money to spare(even if it is a much newer/better model) but sadly I don't.
Old 2011-10-11, 10:33   Link #22511
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:

Thats not exactly a problem for me, my problem comes from me not wanting to mix and match different scales of models, if say I get the MG Strike Freedom(which I will) I'd then have to get any other SEED models as MG or 1/100 and not as 1/144 but if I opted for RG then I'd get all the SEED in 1/144 as well but I don't want to.
But thats just me being anal about that matter

Only reason I'd get RG Freedom is if I really had the money to spare(even if it is a much newer/better model) but sadly I don't.
ok i got idea ...in short: you want to collect the kits in just 1 scale.

have done mainly hg 1/144, 1/100 , MG , sd & 1 RG (aile strike) ....but right now for me i'm just collecting mainly HG 1/144 & MG ( + a few 1/100 scale)
Old 2011-10-11, 10:39   Link #22512
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I personally collect just MG kits. I got MG Exia, MG Exia Ignition mode, MG 00 Raiser, MG 00 7 Sword G, MG 00 Qan[T], and No Grade 1/100 Astraea..

So I'm still hoping that Bandai gets off their butts and makes a MG Astraea and MG Exia Repair 2. A MG Exia Avalanche would be cool. I also think MG 00 Qan[T] Full Saber might be cool too. Aside from that, that's all I really want out of GunPla kits.

I might get into the AGE series of MG kits, but not likely...

So from what I have, 4 other kits are in my wish list..

MG Astraea
MG Exia Avalanche
MG Exia Repair 2
MG 00 Qan[T] Full Saber

* I decided to put up those SD kits for sale on my Amazon store. I figure it'd be better time spent making the MG kits and selling the SD kits since I need some money. So I got SD Exia, SD Exia R2, SD 00 Raiser, SD 00 7 Sword G, and SD 00 Qan[T] up for sale. I have the cheapest prices on Amazon so I hope they sell soon. =)
Old 2011-10-11, 11:03   Link #22513
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
ok i got idea ...in short: you want to collect the kits in just 1 scale.

have done mainly hg 1/144, 1/100 , MG , sd & 1 RG (aile strike) ....but right now for me i'm just collecting mainly HG 1/144 & MG ( + a few 1/100 scale)
Yea thats what I ideally want to do but sadly cause of financial limits I have decided to settle with 1/144 HG for 00 Gundam and maybe the odd other but anything else I'll most likely get in MG(like Strikes, Red/Blue Frame and so forth)
The 00 Gundam MG's are just too expensive for me to bother with, despite how good people say they are.
And since they don't have a alot of 00 MG's was also another factor.
I don't want something like a 1/100 MG Exia standing beside a 1/144 Throne Eins
Old 2011-10-11, 11:08   Link #22514
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Yea thats what I ideally want to do but sadly cause of financial limits I have decided to settle with 1/144 HG for 00 Gundam and maybe the odd other but anything else I'll most likely get in MG(like Strikes, Red/Blue Frame and so forth)
The 00 Gundam MG's are just too expensive for me to bother with, despite how good people say they are.
And since they don't have a alot of 00 MG's was also another factor.
I don't want something like a 1/100 MG Exia standing beside a 1/144 Throne Eins
=P

But you know, Bandai is likely to release more 00 MG kits in 2012... I mean they did just put out that LED unit set (2x in each box) so it's clear to Bandai that the 00 series is popular...or at least those LED units...hahah

So for all we know, we might get the Throne Gundams in at least 1/100 No Grade.

Just be like me if money is an issue and get only the MG kits of the lead..

=P

I have all of them now, and still waiting on the few others + variants to come out in MG 1/100 form:

Exia R2
00 Qan[T] Full Saber
Exia Avalanche Dash
Astraea

After those 4 (if they come out), my GunPla hobby is over I guess... maybe the AGE MG kits but maybe not...
Old 2011-10-11, 11:28   Link #22515
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
=P

But you know, Bandai is likely to release more 00 MG kits in 2012... I mean they did just put out that LED unit set (2x in each box) so it's clear to Bandai that the 00 series is popular...or at least those LED units...hahah

So for all we know, we might get the Throne Gundams in at least 1/100 No Grade.

Just be like me if money is an issue and get only the MG kits of the lead..

=P

I have all of them now, and still waiting on the few others + variants to come out in MG 1/100 form:

Exia R2
00 Qan[T] Full Saber
Exia Avalanche Dash
Astraea

After those 4 (if they come out), my GunPla hobby is over I guess... maybe the AGE MG kits but maybe not...
arent there other suits that you like, too? it would be a shame of that hobby would end for you after that or if they ever release them (which i dont see happening, the 1/100 astraea variations dont seem to be popular at all)
i know that you are a fan of OO and so am i, but thats not the only reason for me to buy a model from that line^^ the looks of the kit are more important to me! i mean, it does have to stay on my shelf for a long time afterall
although the designs of the gundams in OO are quite unique, so i could see how you would like those only. they arent as round as the designs of the other gundams that came before, they have more sharp edges.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 12:22   Link #22516
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
arent there other suits that you like, too? it would be a shame of that hobby would end for you after that or if they ever release them (which i dont see happening, the 1/100 astraea variations dont seem to be popular at all)
i know that you are a fan of OO and so am i, but thats not the only reason for me to buy a model from that line^^ the looks of the kit are more important to me! i mean, it does have to stay on my shelf for a long time afterall
although the designs of the gundams in OO are quite unique, so i could see how you would like those only. they arent as round as the designs of the other gundams that came before, they have more sharp edges.
Like I said, I might get others, but the 00 series has designs that are just too good!

Seed & Seed Destiny have great kits, but they have some design flaws that are annoying. I don't really like UC stuff, so that really leaves me with basically the G Gundam series, Wing series, X series, and the new AGE series...

I started Gundam with the Wing series, but if I were to get the MG kits, it would have to be the EW Wing and EW Wing Zero.

The "EW Wing Zero" is basically the Wing Zero Custom which has as MG already, and the EW Wing Gundam kit is the same as that. Both have those crappy hands and both have horrible inner frames compared to the other Wing kits that Bandai made with the newer inner frames, new hands, etc. So that's a big turn off...

The G Gundam series... I liked the series like sometimes, but not really, and the MG kits out now won't get an update. The inner frames are good, but nothing compared to the 00 series.

X... I might. I guess... But we still don't have any MG kits. Only "High Grade" 1/100... And the series isn't quite as popular so I doubt Bandai is going to make MG kits out of them..

So now basically the AGE series is left, and although I did enjoy the first episode, I'm not 100% certain that I'd go out and get kits from them.

Not quite as impressed...

So after GunPla, I could always focus back on getting video games, and maybe start getting manga and maybe a few BluRay... =P

I also have wanted to get a new HDTV for some time to replace the Samsung LN22B460 that I've been using for the PS3 and Wii (no acual TV show watching...LOL)
Old 2011-10-11, 12:36   Link #22517
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnike629xx View Post
Like I said, I might get others, but the 00 series has designs that are just too good!

Seed & Seed Destiny have great kits, but they have some design flaws that are annoying. I don't really like UC stuff, so that really leaves me with basically the G Gundam series, Wing series, X series, and the new AGE series...

I started Gundam with the Wing series, but if I were to get the MG kits, it would have to be the EW Wing and EW Wing Zero.

The "EW Wing Zero" is basically the Wing Zero Custom which has as MG already, and the EW Wing Gundam kit is the same as that. Both have those crappy hands and both have horrible inner frames compared to the other Wing kits that Bandai made with the newer inner frames, new hands, etc. So that's a big turn off...

The G Gundam series... I liked the series like sometimes, but not really, and the MG kits out now won't get an update. The inner frames are good, but nothing compared to the 00 series.

X... I might. I guess... But we still don't have any MG kits. Only "High Grade" 1/100... And the series isn't quite as popular so I doubt Bandai is going to make MG kits out of them..

So now basically the AGE series is left, and although I did enjoy the first episode, I'm not 100% certain that I'd go out and get kits from them.

Not quite as impressed...

So after GunPla, I could always focus back on getting video games, and maybe start getting manga and maybe a few BluRay... =P

I also have wanted to get a new HDTV for some time to replace the Samsung LN22B460 that I've been using for the PS3 and Wii (no acual TV show watching...LOL)
the great designs of the SEED suits were just too good for me to pass up these models^^ the strike freedom was my first ever model afterall!

but right now nothing really tops the UC MG line for me. i just love the designs... almost all of them!

i have both the wing EW and wing zero EW and personally i think they are great! the frame is pretty sturdy and the hands work once you get the hang of it (some sticky tak helps though, too :P).

i have only built the god gundam from the G line but i think for the time these models were pretty neat. i like that they have rubber feet!

and i really dont see the X series get a MG any time soon XD the show was canceled afterall! and gundam shows are nothing but commercials to make you buy the models and figures. so if the commercial flopped, the models will flopp as well, at least thats what bandai seems to think. maybe we will get a MG X but right now i doubt it. even if they do give us one then i doubt that they would put a lot of effort into it!

but buying a new TV is also a great idea! especially since you have a PS3^^
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 15:44   Link #22518
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
the great designs of the SEED suits were just too good for me to pass up these models^^ the strike freedom was my first ever model afterall!

but right now nothing really tops the UC MG line for me. i just love the designs... almost all of them!

i have both the wing EW and wing zero EW and personally i think they are great! the frame is pretty sturdy and the hands work once you get the hang of it (some sticky tak helps though, too :P).

i have only built the god gundam from the G line but i think for the time these models were pretty neat. i like that they have rubber feet!

and i really dont see the X series get a MG any time soon XD the show was canceled afterall! and gundam shows are nothing but commercials to make you buy the models and figures. so if the commercial flopped, the models will flopp as well, at least thats what bandai seems to think. maybe we will get a MG X but right now i doubt it. even if they do give us one then i doubt that they would put a lot of effort into it!

but buying a new TV is also a great idea! especially since you have a PS3^^
I'm considering to get the Samsung LN32D550. Does anyone know if it's good? o_O

I'm also going to try and get a better digital camera so I can upload at least 720p HD videos to YouTube and take some nice high quality images of my games, anime, manga, and GunPla collection...
Old 2011-10-11, 17:38   Link #22519
maknaedik

Well, those LEDs might have some use for AGE MGs you know )

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 17:46   Link #22520
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by maknaedik View Post
Well, those LEDs might have some use for AGE MGs you know )
Knowing Bandai they will make a new set of LED that work only with the AGE MG and NG...lol

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy