AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-30, 14:55   Link #221
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I don't think Law will stay out of the NW for 2 years. One of the main reasons why he may have stayed behind is so he serves as a tool for Oda to introduce plot elements that occurred in both the New and Old World during Luffy's absence. He'll probably fill the niche left by Luffy during his absence. Law may be one of the first characters to meet Luffy and his crew after their exile. He'll be busy.

Law may be also be the guy that takes it upon himself to break out Jewelry Bonney and fight the pirates that will terrorize the "Old Word."

Let's not forget about Duval. He'll be another guy adventuring for 2 tears, filling the niche.
Old 2010-08-30, 16:59   Link #222
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Oh, damn, I completely forgot about Duval, the Thousand Sunny and the fact that the last time we saw them they encountered Kuma... I wonder what happened to them...

Can't be something bad like the ship being destroyed, as it is vital that it survives. It would certainly be interesting if the Straw Hats need to go save it from a government shipyard - good test for their new strength, too.
Old 2010-08-30, 17:17   Link #223
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

If that woman who was with Rayleigh (can't remember her name) she would have hid the ship, it would only be natural for the WG to destroy their ship so if they go back to Saboady Archiepelago they would be stranded.

I want to see what type of customizations Franky will make to the Thousand Sunny after the time-skip, Law and Kidd will also probably become big players in fact they're probably the only two that are important asides Luffy.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2010-08-30, 17:24   Link #224
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
If that woman who was with Rayleigh (can't remember her name) she would have hid the ship, it would only be natural for the WG to destroy their ship so if they go back to Saboady Archiepelago they would be stranded.

I want to see what type of customizations Franky will make to the Thousand Sunny after the time-skip, Law and Kidd will also probably become big players in fact they're probably the only two that are important asides Luffy.
That's possible, though I don't see how she could hide the ship when Kuma was right there in front of them. Maybe some Devil Fruit?
Old 2010-08-30, 17:36   Link #225
Kallen4life

if Kuma wanted to, he'd surely go right through Duval, Shakky and the entire Sabaody .. only Rayleigh could take him, but he's not there

it has to be something else

unless Dragon himself paid a visit to save his sons ship
Old 2010-08-30, 18:00   Link #226
hero147

Weakened by his old age, Shakky might be on par with Rayleigh in terms of fighting ability right now. She looks rather young for her age, unlike Rayleigh. She used to be a former pirate and she mentioned that Garp has tried to hunt her down a few times. Since she's still on Sabaody, I'm guessing she hasn't been caught. She also refers to the supernovas as "rookies."

In addition to Kidd and Law, Hawkins and Drake would also play a big role. Shakky did say these 4, along with Luffy littered the newspaper.
Old 2010-08-30, 19:17   Link #227
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Why looks like the time skip has been confirmed. I wonder if when the time skip is animated what will be the new added name for One Piece

I was surprised to find out that Zoro Ronoroa asked to his rival Mihawk to train him and I am even more surprised that he accepted. I wonder what are Mihawk's true intention by doing such a thing.
Old 2010-08-30, 21:03   Link #228
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by John D. View Post
Regarding the ancient weapons, I thought about possible parallels between the weapons and their namesake in mythology that could give an indication of their powers or role.

The weapon Poseidon namesake is the greece God of the Sea, ergo it might be connected to the sea - the nemesis of Devil Fruits. Pluton is named after Pluto (the roman God of the underworld) and could be connected to the underworld - The Devil (Fruits). Maybe Pluton (and Hades?) were used to create and/or disperse Devil Fruits into the world, and Poseidon (and Neptune?) are a counter to Devil Fruit powers somehow?

Y'know, I always kinda had this crazy idea that the ancient weapons would be like the Metal Gears of the One Piece universe. Like they'd be these huge mechanical monstrocities that can fire nukes at any point in the world (heck, Crocodile even said at Alabasta that Pluton's capable of wiping out whole islands in one shot....). With that sort of artillery, it's no wonder why guys like Crocoboy and Spandam were so obsessed with finding them. And considering that Vegapunk is a gifted inventor of weapons of mass destruction himself, I think he's more than capable of building one of those doomsday devices if Doflamingo just so happened to give him the plans for one of them.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
While i don't think oda made it perfectly clear, i think there is enough to say they do all use haki, simply on the basis that it seems odd that ALL VAs use it and yet the admirals can not.

Well, I never said that the admirals weren't capable of using Haki...... I just said maybe they weren't (big difference, trust me). Personally, I'm more inclined to believe that they can use it to some extent. Otherwise, how would Akainu punch a hole through Ace's guts?
Old 2010-08-30, 22:38   Link #229
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I think there might be a chapter this week from what I just read Oda starts his hiatus of One Piece on September 6th so it is possible he might make another chapter this week IMO.

Old 2010-08-30, 22:45   Link #230
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
I think there might be a chapter this week from what I just read Oda starts his hiatus of One Piece on September 6th so it is possible he might make another chapter this week IMO.
The spoiler we read last week was just published as a chapter today (August 30th) in Japan. So, no new spoiler this week, or the next few weeks. In fact:

Quote:
Oda will be on a lengthy break after this chapter. There will be no new chapters of OP for the next four weeks, so don't expect any new chapters until around late September. I repeat: There will be no new chapter for the next four weeks.
I'll start adding this to ever page (or every other page) for the forseeable future...
Old 2010-08-30, 23:06   Link #231
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Oh thanks for the clarification, I knew about the 4 weeks but I didn't know about the fact spoilers actually being published for today.

Oh I had so much hope, who wants to have a knack at drawing their own One Piece filler chapter?

Old 2010-08-30, 23:09   Link #232
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
The spoiler we read last week was just published as a chapter today (August 30th) in Japan. So, no new spoiler this week
What?

So we got the chapter before they did in Japan? How does that work?

Quote:
I just said maybe they weren't (big difference, trust me).
Nope. There is no maybe. So you're wrong either way.

Its implied that VAs and higher ranked officers can use Haki.

Admirals are higher ranked then VAs, so they must be able to use haki.
Old 2010-08-30, 23:15   Link #233
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What?

Somebody has early access to the raws for whatever reason.

It is really bothersome to me that not only are we reading the chapters illegally, but we're reading them before they're even released in Japan. Of course I love reading them earlier, but it's a bit ridiculous and makes me feel bad. lol

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Old 2010-08-30, 23:24   Link #234
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What?

WSJ is sent out to some retailers a week in advance (place that or either hard to ship to in Japan, or the Chinese copies which are shipped out as early). One or two of those retailers may have an employee that then provides the fans with the spoilers and spoiler images. Simple enough, right?

(That being said, I misused the word publish in my last post. I meant released, not published.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
It is really bothersome to me that not only are we reading the chapters illegally, but we're reading them before they're even released in Japan. Of course I love reading them earlier, but it's a bit ridiculous and makes me feel bad. lol
If it'll make you feel better, you can always buy some copies of the manga (which is what I do, even if my Japanese is quite rudimentary)...that being said, the spoilers we receive are not actually for us. Rather, certain individuals take the Japanese spoilers and then translate them to other languages. So, it's not like we are special and actually get the spoilers before a Japanese audience, we are just lucky to have translators that are willing to provide translations of Japanese spoilers (that’s why you should thank people like Aohige whenever he appears ).
Old 2010-08-31, 03:57   Link #235
Munty192
Life is a Game...

so we are approaching 6months (1week) of the SH 2 year training, hmph........ just hope i don't be disappointed
Old 2010-08-31, 05:51   Link #236
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
Somebody has early access to the raws for whatever reason.

I don't feel badly in the slightest. Not when the only source for the manga in the US is VIZ and they censor and alter the series. Scanlations is the only way to get the authentic story. No worries about censorship or PC changes, such as God Eneru being changed to Kami Eneru.

If VIZ Media wasn't such a horrible publisher. I might feel bad. Too bad they can't be more like Del Rey. Their Negima! publication is amazing.
Old 2010-08-31, 09:52   Link #237
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I don't feel badly in the slightest. Not when the only source for the manga in the US is VIZ and they censor and alter the series. Scanlations is the only way to get the authentic story. No worries about censorship or PC changes, such as God Eneru being changed to Kami Eneru.

If VIZ Media wasn't such a horrible publisher. I might feel bad. Too bad they can't be more like Del Rey. Their Negima! publication is amazing.
I'm still buying their volumes. I don't care. I know what "Kami" means, and I know that Zolo is Zoro. Those are not anywhere big enough reasons to not support the series. Unless you are buying the Japanese manga.

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Old 2010-08-31, 10:59   Link #238
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munty192 View Post
so we are approaching 6months (1week) of the SH 2 year training, hmph........ just hope i don't be disappointed
That's a great way of looking at this break . Each week we should try and figure out/speculate on what Luffy and friends had learned during each 6 month iteration...
Old 2010-08-31, 17:41   Link #239
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Don't know if this was said before but wouldn't it be really funny if Ace had a son just a giant slap in the face for the World Government trying to get rid of Roger's bloodline

Old 2010-08-31, 20:24   Link #240
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
That's possible, though I don't see how she could hide the ship when Kuma was right there in front of them. Maybe some Devil Fruit?
I think Kuma probably used his power to hide the Sunny somewhere safer. Why? not sure....perhaps Vegapunk did it for his own reasons. There's not really any other reason for him to be there. (killing everyone and destroying the ship aint gonna happen)