AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Science & Technology

Notices

Old 2009-08-28, 06:22   Link #121
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Won't creating humans be the equalevent of turning people into robots anyone can create? Thus, won't the creation of humans lead to the extinction of humans?
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 06:56   Link #122
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Won't creating humans be the equalevent of turning people into robots anyone can create? Thus, won't the creation of humans lead to the extinction of humans?
I don't know, maybe robots would be the ones creating humans later on(out of boredom or something)...and then vice versa. Then MAYBE someday humans and robots would also start "creating" worlds, planets, and maybe even universes! ---wow, isn't that an idea?
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:06   Link #123
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Isn't that the Matrix?
Existence will be a game of creativity.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:30   Link #124
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Ya'll should watch a series called Eve no Jikan if you haven't already (5 episodes). Its an interesting exploration of some of the ethical dilemmas.
Old 2009-08-29, 22:39   Link #125
Cipher

Why are created with the requirement of inhaling oxygen? ---I hope possible future"artificial" humans won't need to do that.
Old 2009-08-29, 23:20   Link #126
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well gotta make energy somehow...it would be either oxygen or hydrogen Can't have an inexhaustible supply of power without breaking the laws of physics.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 00:31   Link #127
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Spoiler for long:
My brain needs a couple of months to process all these.....I have been working in an office for too long and my complex analysis functions in my brain have been put on "long term hibernation till 2080". Time to wake up my bloody idea.

That piece of "programming" was actually written in an essay long time ago in order to prove to my friends that our GP teacher is useless. It is actually a VERY simple set with lots of assumptions, but I guess it could be applied to building a robot with a "human nature" of a generic high-schooler.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 03:07   Link #128
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Well gotta make energy somehow...it would be either oxygen or hydrogen Can't have an inexhaustible supply of power without breaking the laws of physics.
your forgetting food. if food is fuel...what is oxygen?
Old 2009-08-30, 03:15   Link #129
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
your forgetting food. if food is fuel...what is oxygen?
Oxygen is needed for the chemical processes taken place in respiration.

The human respiration system is just like a car engine, fuel + oxygen + ignition = energy.

Food is fuel, oxygen is needed for the chemical reaction and ignition is done in the mitochondria.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 03:17   Link #130
Cipher

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Oxygen is needed for the chemical processes taken place in respiration.

The human respiration system is just like a car engine, fuel + oxygen + ignition = energy.

Food is fuel, oxygen is needed for the chemical reaction and ignition is done in the mitochondria.
so Oxygen is ignition?
Old 2009-08-30, 03:24   Link #131
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
so Oxygen is ignition?
Combustion and respiration, the chemical process involving reaction with oxygen to produce energy, I'm sure you learn that in school.

The fire triangle shows the 3 factors involved in created a fire or energy.

You need fuel, oxygen and heat, fuel and oxygen reacts when heat is enough to ignite them.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 07:14   Link #132
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara7171 View Post
If we could make a human then men wouldn't need women not women wouldn't need men because the whole reason women go out with men is because they wnan't children. So if women stop going out with men. Men will become lonely and want a mate to have "intimate relations" with them. Men will then use the created humans as slave for there own desires. Now with men creating female slave the men will be the first to declare war on the real remales and the females will try to offer peace because women don;t wont a war. Well too bad because the thing no artifical female or real female can never beat men at is war. So in the end the male race would of enslaved both artifical and real female race.

So happy Ending.
and yea I know. So good it makes you cry
Woah....what?
You should lay off the sci-fi movies, this isn't Dune we're talking about here ya know!
Old 2010-09-14, 07:26   Link #133
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Kaze, ignore it. That.... thing is even lower then me. Can it even qualify as a defect let alone a sentient life form?
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 09:20   Link #134
mindovermatter
For me the bell tolls

Send a message via AIM to mindovermatter Send a message via MSN to mindovermatter Send a message via Yahoo to mindovermatter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
Kaze, ignore it. That.... thing is even lower then me. Can it even qualify as a defect let alone a sentient life form?
I think it was supposed to be a joke anyway.

School Rumble 4Ever!
I'm on FB search "jym cl"
mindovermatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 09:41   Link #135
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
To answer the title question, we'd need to establish just how we plan to "manufacture" humans. Men and women manufacture humans all the time, and there really isn't much you can do to improve the process.

If you're talking about growing a human in a vat, it's just a test tube baby and would be human. With any human, you need donor material, so anything you grow is a clone at best, and still would be human, even if you tweak the DNA.

But ultimately the question is moot; human or robot, the real question is: Is the being sentient and does it possess self-awareness? "Manufactured" human or robot, and regardless of bigotry, the being would be deserving of equal rights to a normal human.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 12:20   Link #136
Tom Bombadil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
To answer the title question, we'd need to establish just how we plan to "manufacture" humans. Men and women manufacture humans all the time, and there really isn't much you can do to improve the process.
Well, I beg to differ on the last statement. Since KFC is manufacturing massive amount of chickens, why can't humans be "manufactured"? Case in point, China in 1960s and 70s, or maybe current India in some regions. You just need to give them just enough food, a lot of brain wash, and zero condom. The population will double, triple in a decade or two.
Old 2010-09-14, 14:55   Link #137
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bombadil View Post
Well, I beg to differ on the last statement. Since KFC is manufacturing massive amount of chickens, why can't humans be "manufactured"? Case in point, China in 1960s and 70s, or maybe current India in some regions. You just need to give them just enough food, a lot of brain wash, and zero condom. The population will double, triple in a decade or two.
In the context of manufacture, then, you're just referring to the old tried and true method of sexual reproduction, which I don't believe is what the initial poster was referring to.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 16:07   Link #138
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
I may not fully under stand this topic, but wouldn't a robot with human like emotions/actions be considered an Artificial Intelligence (AI) which is not defined as being human. Just human-like to a certain extent.

The advantage that we would have over them is that we are born from another living, grow up as a living being, and die as a living being. Those parts of life are the fundamentals to learning.
I think that the only way we can understand death is because we can understand life, and the value of life. That is one thing that AIs will never be able to understand since they lack those experiences.
Old 2010-09-15, 03:13   Link #139
Cipher

Now, I'm thinking about the definition of "human". I think we presumptuously draw an unnecessarily line between A.I Robots and Humans. The origin to this is the idea that "Humans" are "natural" lifeforms whereas robots aren't. But then aren't we a product of nature ourselves? And aren't ourselves part of nature? Doesn't this invalidate this discriminating argument?

In a very special way, Humans = Robots.

----

@Theevil1

How do AI's not understand these experiences? They themselves were manufactured.

One could answer the OP Title in this way:

Yes, it is possible. Humans are evidently existing now, therefore, in a way, we are all "manufactured".
Old 2010-09-15, 04:47   Link #140
Mute
エアコンを止めろ!
*Artist

Send a message via AIM to Mute
It's kinda scary. You'd be defying God. (If you're a believer that is)
Mute is offline   Reply With Quote