AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-11-25, 10:24   Link #1001
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Spoiler for 203:
Old 2006-11-25, 12:04   Link #1002
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

203 damaged my pride indirectly :S
Matt Soulblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 12:51   Link #1003
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
Spoiler for 203:

Spoiler for 203:
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 18:00   Link #1004
taichikun14

hm too bad, i was hoping to see more of eri's birthday. oh well. it was a cute chapter nonetheless. but it did seem very short. ..
taichikun14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 18:34   Link #1005
Mentar
Banned

Am I the only one who starts to feel more than just a bit sorry for Ojou? How far will she have to be bent out of shape before she realizes that it's hopeless? ^_^;

As a dedicated Kids Mealer with a slight preference for Flag, I've got to say that I'm not pleased about the complete lack of development in Harima. And the more time is wasted with Harima keeping his hardwired lock on Tenma without at least developing _doubts_ regardless of the efforts of the other girls, the more I dread either an infinite no-progress open ending or the worst of all worlds: The true path.

If the mangaka was planning to give other girls a chance, he'd have to start sowing at least some seeds. I don't see him do that, instead we get more of the same stale humor without progress.

*shrug*

At least I can't say I'm pleased.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 21:15   Link #1006
kauldron26
Med Student

how come the SR chapters are so short?? is 9 pages the standard for manga in japan?? because when i was reading death note, the chapters are about 20 pages...
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-25, 22:42   Link #1007
taichikun14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
As a dedicated Kids Mealer with a slight preference for Flag, I've got to say that I'm not pleased about the complete lack of development in Harima. And the more time is wasted with Harima keeping his hardwired lock on Tenma without at least developing _doubts_ regardless of the efforts of the other girls, the more I dread either an infinite no-progress open ending or the worst of all worlds: The true path.
Well...Harima had SOME development. The Christmas chapter, for example, when he did a little self-reflection... thinking about his past and his future...and in a way, deciding between his career and tenma... that was some kind of development, right? and he's sorta developed doubts about tenma in the past, like when he tried to forget about his feelings for her after finding out she likes karasuma.

but i agree with you about the fear of how the manga will end. if after all this time and hundreds of chapters, the manga had a no-progress open ending, i'll probably have to lay off manga/anime for a while... i'll be too angry at how much time i spent and hopes i had for SR.

i'll feel the same way if SR ends up a True Odou ending. that would be the worst because all the other SR pairings have put so much more effort into their relationships (all the crap harima's gone through for tenma, eri for harima, etc.), while karasuma and tenma only interact like every 20 chapters!! it would be a huge disappointment if everyone's efforts to be with their special person shows no results while tenma/karasuma get together (who both haven't spent much time together nor put out half as much effort to be together as the others have). i'm a HUGE harimaxtenma fan...but i would even go so far as to say i'd REALLY prefer a flag or onigiri ending over true odou.
Old 2006-11-26, 11:02   Link #1008
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Spoiler for 203:
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 12:17   Link #1009
specter23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomGuy View Post
Spoiler for 203:
true, that makes the most sense. I was confused about that part for a while
specter23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 20:10   Link #1010
vegetax
Some Random New Guy

I personally hope that Harima wakes the hell up and takes a good look around him. How many guys (anime guys or RL guys) would give their right arm to have a beautiful blond girl like Eri trying their damnedest to get noticed and end up in a serious relationship with them. I understand that this is a "Love Comedy" series but it can be rather frustrating to read (or watch) at times.

Of all the main cast of girls I would have to say that Sawachika-san needs a good man by her side the most. All those little short silent sceens of her just sitting in her big empty mansion looking up at the night sky makes her seem sad and a little lonley. Karasuma and Tenma make a good pair in my opinion so I hope they end up together. Akira doesn't seem to need anything but her friends and, more so, her money . Miko-chan has Asou and even though they broke up, shes a strong character and will be fine (plus I see them getting back together anywho).

All in all I hope Eri ends up with Harima in the end. Some would argue that this would defeat the whole purpose of the series (Harima chasing after Tenma). But a show that can grow and change over time is a far better thing in my opinion. That and I would really hate to see Eri end up totally crushed .

Vegeta X
vegetax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 22:03   Link #1011
SonicMonkey

Cosplay Eri-chan is made of awesomesauce and win.

PS: People who complain about plots/storylines but continue to read SR remind me of the "Comic Book Guy" from the Simpsons.
SonicMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-27, 19:44   Link #1012
wontaek

Harima believes that Eri hates his guts. As I have repeatedly said, they bring out the worst in each other. Only way I can see Harima warming up to Eri more than now would be for some outsiders like Akira to make Harima realize that Eri is making fool out of herself for she is infatuated with Harima. ( By the way, I think Akira is capable of doing almost anything ) As long as Harima firmly believes that Eri is out to hurt or humiliate him, there can be no meaningful progress in their relationship.

As for Tenma, Karasuma has such a huge lead, that one kind word by him would make all Harima's effort vanish; Harima is fighting a valiant but futile battle. We have seen that Karasuma likes Tenma. We also saw Karasuma easily defeat Harima in so many ways. For sake of Tenma AND Harima, I wish Karasuma would just whisk Tenma away to somewhere far away. The School Rumble series has so many characters, that it can roll along just fine with Tenma somewhere in the outer space or Harima having no interaction with Tenma.

If Karasuma does make Tenma inapproachable to Harima, what's left for Harima, who will be totally devasted? The girl who can make Harima snap out of his misery is Yakumo, for he just owes her too much to not listen to whatever she says. The problem is, Yakumo is too good for Harima, in many ways. Although I belive Harima will be much happier with Yakumo than anyone else, I don't think he deserves her so it is best if he gets 'tamed' by Eri as a punishment for all his shortcomings. Still, Yakumo has a soft spot for Harima, and I doubt she will push him in Eri's way. If Eri and Yakumo gets into fight, I believe Yakumo will win again, and Harima is much more likely to support Yakumo compared to anyone else save Tenma.
Old 2006-11-27, 20:52   Link #1013
biomy

even so, i highly doubt that the prospect of eri's foolishness alone would convince harima of anything

he might see her in a different light, but at the same time it's worrisome and might in the end hurt eri's feelings assuming those exist

maybe i'm just looking at it that way because of how harima turned down what's her face from the nurse's office before, and harima continually tries to kid himself that he's devoted only to tenma

on the other hand i'd like yakumo more if she didn't gain deus ex powers all of a sudden just because someone called her sister names making me think of mandy from billy and mandy

holding more comments until later because i want to finish eating and play more ff12
biomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 01:51   Link #1014
slidingk1

At this rate school rumble is never going to end till they all graduate. Heck it might even drag off into the college years too which is doubtful. But Usually 3rd year is when things get much more serious and we see everyone seperating and selecting their paths. Maybe that might be the direction of this manga
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 02:27   Link #1015
chubbyphil

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
At this rate school rumble is never going to end till they all graduate. Heck it might even drag off into the college years too which is doubtful. But Usually 3rd year is when things get much more serious and we see everyone seperating and selecting their paths. Maybe that might be the direction of this manga
Hopefully not. Considering how this is a love comedy, if the storyline becomes serious like that, this manga series would lose much of its taste.
chubbyphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 03:02   Link #1016
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyphil View Post
Hopefully not. Considering how this is a love comedy, if the storyline becomes serious like that, this manga series would lose much of its taste.
I believe there are much room for serious storylines in School Rumble, but I have yet to see the Mangaka's interest in developing them. It may be his intention to keep the things way it is for another year or two. One interesting thing is that most moments that has any seriousness usually had Yakumo being involved.
Old 2006-11-28, 08:51   Link #1017
otacu
Flag forever

If you count the serious scenes it's Eri that takes the cake for sheer quantity however Yakumo still has a best serious/silly scenes ratio. That's because Yakumo has gone into the shadow ever since the christmas arc and just appeared now and then. But that's only natural cause SR is at its best when there is comedy and romance (even serious romance) mixed and that's one thing that only Eri can achieve. Yakumo just isn't good enough for a major role.
otacu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 10:17   Link #1018
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Truthfully speaking, I don't give too many damns to the current development. It does seem that Eri is seriously interested in Harima now (duh...Seen that god knows how many times) for her to go that far.

Seriousness can be made available...Just not until it's the main crux of the chapters themselves. Romance can't just come purely supported by comedy alone.

If it's the serious scenes, Eri would of course be tops. When have we ever seen anything serious involving Harima and Tenma much, aside from interaction between Harima and Yakumo. Besides, Ojou's taken the limelight for most of the time from the Kyoto arc onwards. I'm not surprised.
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-28, 14:21   Link #1019
taichikun14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post
If it's the serious scenes, Eri would of course be tops. When have we ever seen anything serious involving Harima and Tenma much, aside from interaction between Harima and Yakumo.
For serious scenes between Harima and Tenma, there's always the Christmas chapter where Tenma was mad that Harima didn't tell her the truth from the start...and of course the scene at the end where Harima hugs Tenma while she's crying. And there's also their most recent scene on Eri's balcony. And there was also Tenma's birthday when Harima gave his bouquet to Tenma, saying it was from KArasuma. Okay, well, that was kind of a funny scene, but whatever was going through Harima's head was pretty serious if he was about to help out Karasuma like that for Tenma's sake.
Old 2006-11-28, 16:00   Link #1020
CowMix

I just got caught up and even though the asou-mikoto break up kinda sucks because I felt they were a good couple, though it feels like they will get back together. It seems like the break up is going to lead to sometime down the line where they will be stuck alone together and mikoto will confess to asou or he will join the dojo or something. People who want the hanai-mikoto relation I don't understand why, that relationship is so wrong, they are like brother and sister.

Last edited by CowMix; 2006-11-28 at 19:13.
CowMix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hige, ojou, school